Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (47375 Views)

TEMI {MINE} All About True Love And True Betrayal! By Temioluwa Kenny / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Fierce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 12:22am On Feb 06, 2018
Eddyella:
Nyc update.
Tanz ma'am
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Eddyella(f): 8:29am On Feb 06, 2018
BiadeFolar:
Tanz ma'am
U're wlcum.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by genius43(m): 8:54am On Feb 06, 2018
Op thanks for the invite, great work go are doing here, keep up the good work. Following with keen interest.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by rayvelez(m): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2018
Following.. can't wait for d next updates
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2018
genius43:
Op thanks for the invite, great work go are doing here, keep up the good work. Following with keen interest.
Thanz for following sir.
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:00am On Feb 06, 2018
rayvelez:
Following.. can't wait for d next updates
Thanz 4 following sir, next update dropping soon
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2018
Eight

Jaye had packed his bag, ready to hit the road as early as possible the next day. He was running from temptation, a temptation he thought he really needed to fight. He believed that by the time he would have gone home and returned, his resolve against it would totally have been strengthened.

As he prepared for his travel, he tried to focus his mind on the girl at home but the mind kept swaying back to the beautiful girl next door. No matter how he tried to bar out, she kept creeping in.

He tried with great difficulty to find sleep but all he saw in his vivid imagination was the fine fair girl with whom he hadn’t figured out what to do. He decided to call Rihanat. Maybe that could switch his mind.

After the call which lasted about fourteen minutes, a Whatsapp message popped up on his phone.

“Adams been screwing your bae since forever”. The Whatsapp video caption read.

He watched the video about four times trying to make sense of it. This was definitely a prank. But would his friends ever grow up and stop being smellows? What sort nonsense was that in the video? What were they trying to arrive at with such a stupid prank? More questions grew in his head. For once, thoughts about the girl next door disappeared.
He called David, perhaps he could get some answers.

“What was that shit all about” he asked expecting to hear something like ‘guy calm down nah... nah prank o’ but David had another type of response for him.

“It was what it was man. Live with it”. David replied with derision.

“It is high time you guys grew up. What is with that silly crap you call prank?” he asked, already irritated.
He knew it could not be anything other than prank but David was not helping. He thought it would be a disaster to admit it was a prank just like that. Where would the fun be? So he played his card further.

“If it is a prank or not you figure it out” he ended the call and called Adams to gist him.

Bisi still didn't know it was all a plot. She had been seriously beating herself up since then. She kept recounting the PDF experience and wondered why she didn’t do anything to stop Adams and Rihanat or rebuke David who was busy shooting a stupid video or at least say something to show her discontent. It had seemed she was cool with the whole stuff.

The fact that she was the only one feeling bad about it vexed her. She was not as disgusted by David’s attitude to the mess as she was disappointed by Rihanat. Where was all for the tears and show of love for Jaye after all? She dialled her number.

“You disappoint me.” she fired at Rihanat the moment the line connected.

She didn’t give her any space to respond. She furiously ranted and ranted without even caring whether Rihanat had anything to say. She literarilly did all the talking as she always did anytime she was angry. She reduced Rihanat to nothing and hung up to call Jaye.

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 12:11pm On Feb 06, 2018
Jaye was busy thinking when her call came in. He wondered why he was troubled by the stupid video. He knew it was some silly joke but still asked himself why he should be cool with it. That was Adams and his girl in the video, it couldn’t be cool. Maybe Adams would have some story to tell.

He dialled his number but he was busy on another call. He would call Adams later but Rihanat should have something to say but her phone was busy too.

“How can their line be busy at the same?” he asked himself and concluded that the two lines were definitely busy because the owners were busy nattering.

At about the time he was drawing his conclusion, Bisi had finished her ranting with Rihanat and decided the next step was to clear herself with Jaye. She started her self-defence immediately he answered the call.

“I'm sorry but you must know that I am not part of this. I am as surprised and as disappointed as you are…” she went on and on without giving Jaye the chance to comment. Not that he would have said anything anyways. He just listened and thought away. So it was not a prank after all.
Maybe he should be fine with it. He should now be able to face this fair girl matter squarely without pricking his conscience. But then, these people were supposed to be his friends. This was betrayal. His mind was still bubbling with mixed thoughts when he realized Bisi was still on the line.

“I know Adams is into her but I never knew he could go gross like this. Why struggle to get her for you when he could do just that for himself?” she continued not expecting an answer.

“Well, I'm really not surprised, I’m just disappointed. Thanks though, I'll know what to do” he replied and ended the call before she could say more.

While he was having that conversation with Bisi, calls had come from Adams and Rihanat. The missed calls further disgusted him. He wondered what they would have wanted to say. Did they really think, they can insult him more after kissing each other goodbye? The guys were just impossible. He decided to banish all annoying thoughts. He would get another shower and hustle for a very good sleep. He switched off his phone, had a good bath and tried to sleep.

The next morning, he woke up not sure whether he had slept well or not. He thought he could just go to bed with the worries and wake up without them. But no, the worries were too stubborn to leave. He practically replayed all the annoying emotions from the previous day. It was unlike him and he wanted to go back to the cool guy he had always been. He decided to start afresh on a clean slate. He got rid of everything that could remind him of why he should be worried. He tore pictures and broke his SIM card.

“I was right all along” he said to himself feeling somewhat victorious.

He had always known that love sucks. That was why he did not stupidly fall in love with Rihanat. He wondered what would have been of him if he had been in love with her and things turned out as they did. He felt great about that he wasn’t that stupid. What seemed to perturb him was the betrayal he thought he had suffered from his friends. But life goes on. Doesn't it? He decided to keep a straight face and mind. No useless friendship and stupid love. That would be things of the past.

His friends thought they would see him but all their rehearsed jokes and mockery were rendered useless. Repeated attempt to reach him failed. Having broken his SIM card, they couldn’t call him and since they didn't have his address, they couldn’t think of visiting. They would have to wait until he returns. He would eventually come home and they would set things right. It was a bad, bad prank, but with time, they would laugh over it.

READ THE NEXT DROP HERE http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-9/

BUY THE WHOLE CHUNK HERE https://okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

BY THE WAY, CONSOLE ME GUYS, I LOST THREE PRECIOUS POINTS YESTERDAY. CHELSEA FELL MY HAND

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by kerenjay(f): 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2018
Following
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by kerenjay(f): 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2018
All the Chelsea fans, accept my halfhearted sympathy. Dem beat u wella 4:1 grin Take heart. The Lord is ur strength.
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by kerenjay(f): 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
Nyc story. Me likey

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 06, 2018
My dear, you three much grin
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2018
kerenjay:
Following
Thanks man, I owe you more updates
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
kerenjay:
All the Chelsea fans, accept my halfhearted sympathy. Dem beat u wella 4:1 grin Take heart. The Lord is ur strength.
lol, Bakayoko is awa wiknez
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
My dear, you three much grin
Thanks mon sweetie, ... U're sweet 4lyf
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 07, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Thanks mon sweetie, ... U're sweet 4lyf
Lol wink you are welcome
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by sheikshegetto(m): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2018
I'm here im here, took me long enough but better late than never... Thanks for the mention bro, putting on my project fame judge glasses... Be prepared to be scrutinized...so far I'm enjoying this grin impatience might soon take me down to okadabooks...good job bruh.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:13am On Feb 07, 2018
sheikshegetto:
I'm here im here, took me long enough but better late than never... Thanks for the mention bro, putting on my project fame judge glasses... Be prepared to be scrutinized...so far I'm enjoying this grin impatience might soon take me down to okadabooks...good job bruh.

Tanzalot sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To hear that itisa gud job from a guru like you... my bololo dey burst! who I be not to be ready for your scrutiny? i beg fire my ass, i wan become better o jare!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:27am On Feb 07, 2018
GOOD MORNING GOOD PEOPLE

Nine

His friends expected him back home but Jaye had other plans. He wasn’t planning a homecoming. He settled into his new environment albeit very slowly. He spoke very little with people. He ignored even the beautiful Hadiza, whenever they bumped into each other he simply gave a nod and walked pass.
Not that he no more found her attractive just that the recent event had made him detest all form of intimacy. He simply went his way and greeted curtly anytime greeting was necessary. He would say “Hi” without stopping or looking at her in the face. She always replied in the same vein.

It continued that way until one Sunday evening when Mr. Salisu invited him over to watch a football match with him. It was always a big challenge for him to watch football with his daughter around. She preferred films and music. He knew she won’t object or argue with him if he had an outsider with him. The plan worked. It was two against one and Jaye actually enjoyed the experience. It was his first time out of the shell in which he had caved himself. Mixing with people looked like a whole new experience for him. It felt like a breath of fresh air.

The football match especially was thoroughly satisfying for him. Commentary was clear and audible since there weren’t the loud and inconsistent arguments known with commercial viewing centres. On top of all, the result favoured his favoured team. He looked forward to the following week.

What would have been the icing on the cake was delicious food Hadiza prepared while the guys watched football but the moment Jaye saw her preparing to serve, he eloped into his room.

Mr. Salisu insisted that he be served anyways and made Hadiza take the food to him.

“Who’s there?” Jaye asked, his heart almost jumping out of his chest. Who could it be? He looked around his room and saw how messy it was. A feeling of embarrassment washed over him.

“It’s me, Hadiza. I brought you food” she said as the door opened.

He slightly opened the door and wriggled his hand through the opening.

“Thanks” he said as he took the food plate.

“I will be back for the plate” she said as she went wondering what was wrong with him.

Men are strange beings, one moment they crave you, the other they shy away, she thought as she went.

Jaye savoured every bit of the yam and fried egg. It was so tasteful that he wanted more. Yam and egg was his favourite but this was the best he had ever tasted. When Hadiza came for the plates, he forgot about his messy room and found his tongue.

“Did you cook it” he asked.

“Who else would it have been? It’s only Dad and I around” she replied wondering why he had to ask such a silly question.

“Well, you’re a very good cook. Yam and egg is actually my favourite but this is the best I ever tasted” he announced.

“Really?” she asked as her eyes wandered through the messy room.

Then Jaye threw a proposal at her

“Since you’re so good at this, we could strike a deal. You do something like this for me every weekend”

“And I will get what in return?” Hadiza asked shrewdly.

“You will get to eat from it too” he offered.

“What if it’s not my own favourite food? You have to give a better offer” she said in a seemingly serious tone.

As if he had to arrive at some make or mar decision, he ate the spoon he was holding and looked pensively serious. Hadiza looked at him and grinned “This guy is just stupid…. and funny” she thought, remembering the motor park experience.

“Ok, how about you watch movies on my laptop anytime I watch soccer with your Dad?” he finally arrived.

She played along. She carried a meditating face for a few seconds and finally gave her response. “Sounds fair, it’s a deal for now”

From that moment on, they wouldn’t look back. Their friendship waxed stronger. They talked about everything, shared everything. She figured out, the guy was not so stupid after all.

Mr Salisu noticed their closeness but he didn’t mind because he never knew her daughter to be wayward. She was a smart young lady. He never saw her with a boy and that fact was beginning to get him worried. He had feared she could be a lesbian.

His people in Yobe had rebuked him countless times for marrying a Yoruba Christian and almost asked for his head when he allowed their only daughter to be educated, they were especially mad at the fact that the girl had to go to Yoruba land for the schooling. So it was a welcome development that she finally was close to a boy. After all, the boy seemed nice too.

Despite his relief, he still gave her one or two words of warning once in a while.

“The boy is nice and handsome, but please be careful” he would say.

“Oh Dad please. We are just friends” she would always reply.

Jaye didn’t want to fall in love again and Hadiza would never go into an intimate relationship, at least not yet. She believed, if she allowed herself to be tamed by emotion. She might end up a slave to it. They both knew their wants and limits. It couldn’t ever go beyond friendship.

Their heads opted for a no-love-stories relationship but their hearts had different ideas. The hearts wanted to fall in love like a scuba diver. The heads said no, but the hearts relentlessly resisted.

The heads eventually lost the battle and they plunged into love. It all started with just one kiss. Jaye had relentlessly resisted the urge to claim her ever attractive pink lips in his but that evening his defence was breached.

He thought he was taking chances but decided to go it all out anyway, and it was worth it. The swirling of the soft wet lips, taste of the lips gloss she wore, the way her tongue wriggled against his, the feeling of her warm breath moisturizing his face, all seized his senses.

Her hands fumbled around his neck and he felt the succulence of her breasts as they pressed against his chest. He had never felt so aroused before. Though his eyes were closed, everything was so vivid and he wished the moment could remain… forever.

The moment did not remain forever but many more of it was to be replicated and that first moment opened the floodgate of affection and want. At the peak of it they already knew they both wanted each other and eventually it was no more a matter of saying it. They both knew they were in love… intoxicatingly so.

Hadiza may not have wanted to fall in love but she realised eventually it was not so bad. In fact it was a beautiful thing, and Jaye, he couldn’t believe the feeling he was having. The way love really felt was amazing. If you haven’t met the right person, you think loving is not worth it. He would say to himself anytime he had the chance.

The next drop is here http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-10/

The whole book at https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by bimberry1307(f): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
wizolzy, Hadampson [guy, it's been a long time ]. check this out.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by bimberry1307(f): 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
@biadefolar, I didn't know you had it in you. so all your pranks on other people's thread are not for nothing. well done.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
bimberry1307:
@biadefolar, I didn't know you had it in you. so all your pranks on other people's thread are not for nothing. well done.

Thanks ma'am. I'm nothing but a keyboard on the table of the litragods*** The pranks tho, I'm looking forward to pranking you some day***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ride on dear

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
Ride on dear

Ok babe smiley

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by kerenjay(f): 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ride on. U r settling ur debt.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
kerenjay:
Ride on. U r settling ur debt.
lol, which debt ma'am?
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2018
pu7pl3:

Ok babe smiley
cheesy cheesy
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2018
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Hantonia(f): 1:20am On Feb 08, 2018
favch:

rushes into thread with my popcorn n yoghurt
pls whr will I seat cus it seems I came late, op don't vex for my late coming plss
let me go n read,thanks boss for the mention
I try and create time 2 read

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Hantonia(f): 1:24am On Feb 08, 2018
Gucciqueen38:
Thanks dear. Nice one!! sorry I came late..

Cbella Hantonia Evajael Damibiz UltimateDayg Pu7pl3 Demsid
tanks bar sch is nt giving me time ow
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 3:48am On Feb 08, 2018
Very Nice story. Pls i want to become a humble follower mention me in your nxt episodes. Tanx
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 6:29am On Feb 08, 2018
Hantonia:
I try and create time 2 read
It shud worth ur while ma'am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter / Love In A Circle / Heartstrings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.