Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) (47418 Views)

TEMI {MINE} All About True Love And True Betrayal! By Temioluwa Kenny / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Fierce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 10, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Yes dear cuz of one circumstance I can't control
okay.. later dear

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Thanks for pitching with me sir, bless up***
By the way, I'm sorry I won't be dropping any updates this weekend. Ayam sorry! I'll makitup on Monday
no problem at all thanks man

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Hadampson(m): 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
BiadeFolar:
Welcome to the thread sir
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:54am On Feb 12, 2018
GOOD MORNING GOOD PEOPLE, HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD WEEKEND. HERE COMES MORE UPDATES

TWELVE

Jaye was in the bathroom when Adams' calls came through. He could hear the phone crying away as he hurriedly took his bath. When he finally took the phone, it read seven missed calls from an unsaved number. The eight came through as he tried to redial the number.

“Maybe this is finally Hadiza” he hoped, as he hurriedly picked the call but the voice that came through a disappointingly different and refreshingly familiar one.

He couldn't tell which feeling peaked in him, disappointment or elation. He was disappointed the caller was not Hadiza and elated that it was Adams.

He had truly missed his friends. He practically led a lonely life in Akwanga. He regretted ever breaking his SIM card. He was not good with numbers, so couldn't recall any of their phone numbers. He so much wanted to get in touch. He almost told his mum to get him his friends’ phone numbers anytime she went to Ede but the argument they had wouldn’t let him.

The idea of searching for them, David particularly on Facebook came, but went as fast as it came. He was not a social media person. His Facebook account was created for him by David and he never logged in since ever. He couldn't work his head around guessing the password or resetting it.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:56am On Feb 12, 2018
He missed his hommies sorely but the mission here had to be completed. It was sacrifice. So he got himself acquainted with hope. Hope that one day Hadiza would return. Though he had few acquaintances, they couldn't quite compare with his buddies.

Yes, they screwed up but he was thankful. Without the ugly mess they created he wouldn't have had the liver to give the love between him and Hadiza a chance. Fear of hurting Rihanat would not let him. Everything worked out the way they did for some reasons.

“You idiot, why are you calling me? Who gave you my number?” he asked forming tough and allowing his words to mask his feelings.

“Old dawg! This is a mistake. Why would I want to call you?”Adams thundered playing the same card.

“Well, you can mend your mistake. Get off my phone” he replied.

“If you hate my voice as you claim you won't wait for me before you bang the call”

“I will. Just that I want to ask about David before I do”

“He's fine. He misses you. Now hang up”

“Idiot. I missed you too" Jaye defeated his ego at last.

"Man, I've done some crazy stuff. Yea, I'm sorry.” Adams offered in the shape of an apology. For him, apologies couldn’t be more than that.
He was glad he could finally get that off his shoulder and move on.

“But your reaction man, that was epic. Crazier than the crazy stuff I did” he continued in a bid to stress the fact that the episode was a prank.

“Boy the shit was cool, made me find happiness. I found love, mate, and it was real…”

They chatted away and talked as if they could catch up with the entire gist they hadn’t had over the months. They couldn’t but they tried. They touched every topic from meeting and falling in love with Hadiza to the prank and almost everything that happened in between and beyond.
They would talk for forever had airtime allowed but one thing was certain, they were both happy to bury the hatchet and heal wounds.
Regardless of the relief, phone conversations alone still won’t do for Adams so he decided he had to visit him.

Meanwhile, he still felt guilty. He believed Rihanat was unhappy because of what he did. He had initiated the idea of the prank. The prank caused the separation and the separation gave Jaye a reason to get another lady. Only if he had not tried the childish play, Rihanat would not have been an unhappy person. Things would have been good. Well not totally good, for he would still have to deal with the fact that she didn’t love him but another man.

But whatever he would do to make Rihanat smile gain was never going to been act of charity. It would be a service to self.
He couldn’t stand her being sad, her happiness was his happiness. It was a disaster to know that Rihanat was hurt and even a bigger disaster to be the cause of it. He resolved to give reuniting her with Jaye one big try. After all, Jaye did not know the whereabouts of the girl he was into anymore. What could be more stupid? She could be as good as dead or fallen for another man.

“I will definitely bring him back to Rihanat but first, I must visit this Akwanga” he said to himself.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 10:58am On Feb 12, 2018
TAKE THIS AS A MAKE UP FOR THE WEEKEND MISS

THIRTEEN

Since the prank, things had gone sour between Adams and Rihanat. She wouldn’t see nor talk to him. Adams didn’t blame her. He knew he had brought it upon himself, so it was a good thing that he now had access to Jaye. He would try all he could to reunite them again and win over his female friend. Well, what he felt for Rihanat was more than what he thought one should feel for a friend. Since things are what they are, he would not forgive himself until he returned things to the positions they used to be.

The news about Jaye eliminated every form of anger in Rihanat’s heart towards Adams. She was even more forgiving when she learnt about his plans to undo the bad things he had done.

“I don’t know if you will like me to do it this way.” He asked with genuine concern. He was concerned that his plan was going to be another stupid thing aimed at correcting a stupid mistake.

“If it means I will be getting him back, you should do anything… anything you can do” she said, sounding so desperate that the frenzy in her voice was enough to convince Adams that he was good to go. He had gotten what he came for; her go ahead for his plan.

2 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:03am On Feb 12, 2018
Four days later, he was in Akwanga and the dust did not settle on the hysteria of the reunion before Adams got to business. He started carefully albeit in his customary loud voice.

“Man you have got some liver. Never knew you could act that way. Your absence felt like shit, I became a villain. Even myself was unable to forgive myself for that stupid prank.” He whined.

Jaye was just happy that all that was behind them but looked on with kin interest as Adams recounted the ordeals of his absence. Not for the content of the talk but for the voice, he had missed that loud voice. He listened on as he narrated how much their friendship had suffered, how awfully hurt Rihanat was, how much his mum complained and how grossly ruined his own image had been, and concluded that it was harsh of Jaye to impulsively react to a simple joke the way he did. Rather than blame himself for pulling a prank, he urged Jaye to carry all the blame for his reaction.

“Criticize my actions as much as you will man, I'll take it. I’ll even apologize but I'm not ever going to regret” Jaye said taking his time to punish the kilichi he was holding.

“No regrets whatsoever? You have always been a stubborn goat.”

The conversation went on and on, continuously drifting between serious talk and jibes. Eventually, Jaye appeared to have made his point on why the whole experience couldn't give any room for regrets. How his love for Hadiza was the first real thing he felt for anyone and how Rihanat was just a fling, how the prank was in fact a blessing in disguise. He went on as much as could to prove to Adams that his decisions
were influenced by personal considerations not some drolly old prank and Adams pretended to concede.

Adams plan was intact, the talk was to gauge the seriousness of Jaye’s intent. Next, he would put in efforts towards securing one or two contacts that would facilitate the switch plot. But for now, he would not push it too far.

“Guy let's stroll out and find some Suya”... he said already standing and scheming at the base of his heart.

READ THE NEXT DROP HERE http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-14/

GET THE FULL BOOK HERE https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

HAVE A BLESSED WEEK PEEPS!!!

3 Likes

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 11:21am On Feb 12, 2018
huu.atleast this will keep me going for the day. wehdone Mr writer

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
heryoub22:
yeah thats right welldone Mr. Author

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
heryoub22:

Thank you sir for ff
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by DemiKOL(f): 2:55pm On Feb 12, 2018
Thanks for the update! Hope we will get another update tonight? wink

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2018
DemiKOL:
Thanks for the update!
Hope we will get another update tonight? wink
if I'M NOT TOO BUSY with Wesbrom vs Chelsea sir, buh definitely something will drop tomoro
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by DemiKOL(f): 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2018
BiadeFolar:

if I'M NOT TOO BUSY with Wesbrom vs Chelsea sir, buh definitely something will drop tomoro

football?? :>
besides, am not a sir. Ama lady

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 13, 2018
cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by bimberry1307(f): 9:15am On Feb 13, 2018
BiadeFolar:

you better drop something before I show for your base.

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 10:46am On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:
yeah thats right welldone Mr. Author
Okay Mr reader

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:10am On Feb 13, 2018
DemiKOL:

football?? :>
besides, am not a sir. Ama lady

football, yeah! and my darling Chelsea won 3-0!

I crave your indulgence ma'am! may bad** accept my pink apologies grin
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:12am On Feb 13, 2018
bimberry1307:

you better drop something before I show for your base.

I woulda expect you for my base buh I can't let rumours get to gh0sts,

Anyways, i'm dropping something right away!

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:13am On Feb 13, 2018
heryoub22:
Okay Mr reader

lol, writer, author, reader, all make sense for literature grin
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 11:21am On Feb 13, 2018
BiadeFolar:

lol, writer, author, reader, all make sense for literature grin
yes o. All of them get there different roles to play

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 11:28am On Feb 13, 2018
YO! MY PEOPLE, LAST NIGHT WAS GOOD! CHELSEA WON 3-0!!

heryoub22, DemiKOL, bimberry1307, Gucciqueen38, Cadec007 and Yall, leggo

Fourteen

Adams woke up the next morning with the Suya from the previous night on the carpet not far from his side of the bed. He had slept off analyzing the strategy of his plot. He needed a way to get Jaye’s mind off Hadiza. He had to forget her and even hate her, if possible. The next phase of the scheme was to find ways of getting in touch with Hadiza (if she was still alive) without the knowledge of Jaye. It would be difficult but there would always be some way to crack it.

He barely finished washing his face when he asked Jaye, “since that Hausa girl is so beautiful that you turned to this because of her, there should some other fool or fools like you.”

Jaye who was still brushing his teeth nodded in affirmation and made some inaudible sound.

That he acknowledged the existence of other guys gave Adams a boost he needed for his plan. He would try meeting one or two of them to take the plan to the next phase.

“Who is this other guy?” he asked as soon as he saw that Jaye could talk.

“Well I really don’t know him in person but her father told me about him, he said he’s a corper. I think his name is Ali…and why the query?”

“Look at you, you cannot tell me you have not considered it. He could have information about her or her friends, you never can tell. We need to get you that Hausa girl.” He said with a loud laugh.

“Good idea but sorry I can’t go looking around for any loser, I have lesson notes to prepare.” He didn’t say the lesson notes were not his real excuse but that he couldn’t ridicule himself to go beg some dude who was suppose to be his rival or still was for the whereabouts of the girl they were supposed to be fighting over. He wouldn’t seek help from a rival.

“Ok. If you won’t, I will” Adams never wanted him to be part of the deal anyways, he only needed his help in locating him.

“Ha ha, where do you know here? I can’t look for somebody o.”

“That’s why you will give me any information I can use to track him down.”

“I said I don’t know him and you can’t find anything, you are a stranger.”

“I may be a stranger, but I’m not a mute, I will ask and I will find him.”

True to his words, he found Ali after asking a few people but not so easily. The street investigation he had put himself to was a dire task. People looked at him as if he was crazy, some acted as if they were the mad one and others carried confused looks.

It was sheer luck that helped his cause. About the time he was considering a rework of his strategy, he met someone that cooperated. He didn’t know Ali but gave him a good clue as to how he could get him.

As he turned to go back, he saw a fine young man and decided to give the ‘hustle’ one more push.

“Excuse me, my name is Linux, I came looking for my friend from Abuja but I heard she and her dad had relocated. Her name is Hadiza, her dad used to be the Principal at Boulevard High School. She once told me she has an admirer, a Corper whose name is Ali. Perhaps you know this Ali.” He repeated what he had been telling passersby.

The man would have taken him for some scam beggar and disregarded him but he talked to him anyway.

“Mr Man, you can’t find anyone like this, unless you get lucky. Since you say he is a Corper, I think you should meet their LGI” the man advised and walked off.

It never occurred to him that he could use that avenue. Well then, if he had not gone out maybe it wouldn’t have occurred to him. The next day, he found the LGI in his office with little or no information about Ali and after a lot of talks and eventual passage of kola, the LGI directed the CLO to produce files of corps members from where he searched for his man. Luckily for him there was only one Ali in the pile and he was Barnabas Ali. He copied his phone number and left.

He wasted no time in calling him. This was it. Things were going the way he had planned. He would meet Ali soon and take it to another level. Around 4:00pm they met at ‘The Dallards’ where they talked over plates.

“Before anything, let me put things straight” Adams started in his usual loud voice almost embarrassing the other man across his table.

“I am no friend of Hadiza’s, I don’t even know her. Instead I am a friend of Jaye, Hadiza’s boyfriend. I had to tell you that on the phone to get your attention.” He announced.

Stupid. Angry. Fooled. Insulted. Ali felt all of it at the same time. His face went wild. He rose to go but Adams pulled him back.

“Wait. I brought a deal. We work together and you get Hadiza and my friend comes back home to his girlfriend, my friend. I believe we can do that. Can’t we?” Adams offered.

Ali calmed down but still doubted the honesty of the man in front of him. He was supposed to be the friend of his rival.

“Yes we can, but how?” Ali asked.

“By switching their identities,” Adams replied confidently.

He knew what he was saying. The scheme had been carefully planned. He looked at Ali and saw the confused look on his face. He clearly didn’t understand the identity switch thing.

“We hope she’s still alive…” he really hoped so because she was integral to the plan “she should have a social media account. We can create a fake one for you to impersonate Jaye and get down with her while we create a fake one for my friend at home in Hadiza’s name for Jaye to chat with. After a considerable period of time we create a scene of betrayal between the two and we do the switch.” He explained with definite trust in the plan.

“Easier said than done” Ali said with his most pessimistic voice.

“All you need to do is trust me. I have got a lot at stake more than you do.” Adam returned, his voice even louder.

Ali just nodded.

They shook hands and left each other carrying considerably high spirits with him.

“All plans are in motion” Adams said to himself.

“This better be real” Ali prayed to Adams instead of to God, all in his mind.

THE NEXT DROP IS HERE http://biadefola.com.ng/2018/02/switched-story-of-fierce-battle-between-desperate-infatuation-and-true-love-15/

THE FULL BOOK IS HERE https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/switched/17272

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
Hmmmm[color=#000000][/color]something is cooking

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
So op are you a chelsea fan?So op are you a chelsea fan?So op are you a chelsea fan?
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Cadec007(m): 12:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
thanks for the mention
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by DemiKOL(f): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
BiadeFolar:

football, yeah! and my darling Chelsea won 3-0!
I crave your indulgence ma'am! may bad** accept my pink apologies grin
congrats nigbayen o...
Apologies accepted
Thanks for the update and thanks for the dedication!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by pu7pl3(m): 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
It took 14 chapters but things are now getting interesting
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:
Hmmmm[color=#000000][/color]something is cooking

Yeah, wait for it grin
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
Thanks dear.. Still following wink

1 Like

Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by itsandi(m): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2018
Interesting... Enjoy interesting stories, poetry, follow series on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by heryoub22(m): 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the mention. But what type of friend is this Adams sef. How cn he betray his friend round one and still thinking of round two. Chai. Well kudos bros. More ink jare
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:
So op are you a chelsea fan?So op are you a chelsea fan?So op are you a chelsea fan?

Yea bro, and we're facinf soon, #CheMun
Re: Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) by BiadeFolar(m): 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
Cadec007:

Yea bro, and we're facing soon, #CheMun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Love In A Circle / Heartstrings / Everybody Is A Genius--season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.