Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story (32750 Views)

Shade Ladipo Reveals Why She Doesn't Want To Have Children(vid) / Shade Ladipo To Modele Fatoyinbo: ''Your Husband Will Rape Your Daughter'' / Shade Ladipo Sacked By Silverbird Today For Being Controversial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Dsov2016: 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
joenor:
I guess he must be high from Kwale weed, A whole chevron, some children sha... shu

tru talk oga. sometimes such risk might pay, why d guy nor go for upper middle level player for industry to take over
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by phemmyfour: 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
philip0906:
Hello Shade Ladipo Market

1. Your post reeks of pure hatred,envy,jealousy and makes you sound like the young man wronged you.
2. Paddy Adenuga did not throw his story at your face or force you to read through at gun point.
3. While you are entitled to your opinion, you should be reasonable and not make yourself a fool in the public square.
4. Paddy Adenuga's being privileged to be born into a rich family does not make him less of human being who shouldn't take his chances at life. He has taken a shot at life,hence his story.
5. It isn't Paddy Adenuga's fault that your father or my father aren't billionaires.
6. We are all hustling hard to provide a guaranteed future for our kids. If I eventually turn out to be a billionaire like Mike Adenuga, I don't expect anyone to throw my kids under the bus or rant because I have paid the price like Mike Adenuga has.
Whatever give you the impression that shade ladipo will see your post here. Copy and paste it on her page
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by bigtt76(f): 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
Another feminist-wannabe ....if Paddy gee am bad word now, my fellow women go begin run upandan say he's a misogynist or whatever ....abeg make ar go sidon sef undecided

Rachelsblog:
So Yesterday Son Of Glo Founder Paddy Adenuga Wrote a revealing article about how he almost bought Chevron oil and gas company in Netherlands at the age 29 without his father Mike Adenuga's help..

And Media Personality Shade Ladipo thinks its completely ridiculous for him to say such, Cos he can't and wouldn't have been able to travel to London talk more of Buy a Whole Company like Chevron, if he hadn't used his father's name.. She said its shameful for him to say that..
see her tweets below!

News From Ebiwali-- http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2018/02/media-personality-shade-ladipo-blast.html

2 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by phemmyfour: 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
americanson:

She is a nairalander and among those that were attacking him here yesterday.
what's her handle
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
shaaaaadeeeee

this is business we are talking here o , not gossip
when did you move from smooth fm morning gossip to marketplace?
stay in your lane commenting about toke makinwa, not about the buiness deals of her sugar daddies

4 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by BerryAnny(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
At least his father tried. Our own papa na land wey dey inside thick-thick forest na wetin him dey buy upanddan.
I just dey wonder if him been dey reason well at all; like say na for village person go remain for him life!

Evenn get mouth talk say for future the land go get value. So make person remain for hunger dey wait for future?

Mtchewww.
Guy, you have used laughter kill somebody for here.

And regarding the topic,that girl is really stupid and mentally challenged for spewing trash all over the media. Paddy wrote his story probably with the intent of boosting the morale of other struggling entrepreneur out there but the only conclusion she can arrive at is to be castigating the boy all over because of a 'sin' he is not guilty of (being born by rich parents). Her silly opinion doesn't count anyway. #GoPaddy...

4 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by BENEAMATA: 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
And if that aquisition had gone in their favour, they will still say all was made possible beceause of his father's name. well, those caucaseans don't reason like your type now do they ms, or mrs ladipo?when will these media personalties realise they are leaders of opinion and eschew POLEMICS? Be fair with your writeups, we don't want an LIB/Wizkid type of stand off please.

2 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Belafonte(m): 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
Who is this ugly koala talking rubbish? Why do women think they have to be rude to be considered strong? Could she not have put her point across without the use of vulgar language? Shade Ladipo, your opinion is not fact, the knowledge of that will keep you humble when you feel like going on an ill-advised rant.

Methinks, Paddy has chopped this girl and cleaned mouth or he rebuffed her sexual advances, that's why she sounds so bitter.

4 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by delishpot: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
Two elephants fighting
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Chukazu: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
LaudateII:

Did you also read about how he brought a brilliant English banker named Edgar on board, who had more than 30 years of oil & gas operations and finance experience? And did you read about how he eventually raised the money before bidding? Or did you miss this part where he said;

"" He spoke about being 29, because that was how old he was when putting together this deal! sad Would you have preferred him to say he was 41, when he was actually 29? I don't get it. A number of 29 year olds, would probably not be thinking along those lines, because of their level of exposure or their different perspectives, on life. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

All the flak against Paddy, is simply due to the fact that he has a rich father. If his dad was a commodity trader in a Lagos market, would you all have shown this same level of resentment towards him? Just asking....

Raise which money ?

Did you read my first post?

Didn't you see where I mentioned Edger ?

His inability to pay Edger at initial bargain was one of the things that caused the failure.

Which 50million are you talking about you?

50 million dollars was for the opening bid...of which he later bidded 100million , and he clearly stated that he didn't know where the extra money would come from...am sure you didn't read that part ,you more interested in ego trip?

Did you know how many times he mentioned that particular age ?...about four different times sad what is so special about been 29?

I was confused by his behaviour. I told him who the others were that were on Catalan’s advisory board but he wasn’t having it, either he would be paid his princely sum to attach his name to Catalan or no deal. I was 29 at the time and was still head-strong and prideful

Here I was, in my late twenties, in a massive boardroom, with a management team of fifteen people presenting to me. I felt like I had arrived.

This bid was destined for me to win. I was meant to be the Alexander the Great of Africa oil & gas and barely into my thirties.

was going to ride back into Africa on my Trojan Horse and become King
""

and you can't see the pride and ego massaging in all this piece? sad ... even after the man admitted that he was "proud" but you busy saying otherwise, how gullible?

5 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by room089: 4:31pm On Feb 01, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
buhari will die a very miserable death

Haba Aunty!

Wetin carry dat talk come here na?
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Seankay323: 4:32pm On Feb 01, 2018
Sometimes being from a poor background can be a motivator and being from a rich background can be a less motivating depends on the mentality of the individual.

1 Like

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by InvertedHammer: 4:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
philip0906:

1. Your post reeks of pure hatred,envy,jealousy and makes you sound like the young man wronged you.
2. Paddy Adenuga did not throw his story at your face or force you to read through at gun point.
3. While you are entitled to your opinion, you should be reasonable and not make yourself a fool in the public square.
4. Paddy Adenuga's being privileged to be born into a rich family does not make him less of human being who shouldn't take his chances at life. He has taken a shot at life,hence his story.
5. It isn't Paddy Adenuga's fault that your father or my father aren't billionaires.
6. We are all hustling hard to provide a guaranteed future for our kids. If I eventually turn out to be a billionaire like Mike Adenuga, I don't expect anyone to throw my kids under the bus or rant because I have paid the price like Mike Adenuga has.

Her approach is faulty.

But the truth is that there is nothing inspirational about Paddy Adenuga's story.

The only reason it drew so much attention in the first place is the surname. It will not take anything away from him to acknowledge it.

Anything short of what he is doing will be a big disappointment. God has blessed his family materially but anyone who claims to draw inspiration from the story is merely sucking up.

Billionaires have tales of missed deals and opportunities. From Buffet to Ortega. And I bet Mike Adenuga himself has some too. Can someone explain the inspiration they get from Paddy's story?
/

1 Like

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
Jamiubond009:
Of course she's right. Having well heeled parents gives you access to the best education and exposure and if you're smart enough and have an entrepreneurial drive, you can leverage on their financial bottomline and name to make major investment moves.
Bro, there are many rich kids out there who are content to just enjoy daddy's money and have that as their only life's achievement..they are not interested in hustling on their own even if with their family's wealth as backing. But he decided to launch out and make the big move albeit with the benefit of his father's wealth and name. That, to me is laudable.

And if you read the article, you'd find some of the business moves he made in acquiring Chevron weren't benched on money alone but brain, guts and smartness which anyone can apply even in their small scale business

4 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Tijay90(m): 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
O ye sycophants! After being "inspired", how many of you have tried to buy ordinary 9mobile here in your backyard?

1 Like

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
OGA u are on a wrong commenting thread are you OK
what's with the insult? I simply quoted the wrong person (you) by mistake (which I have now corrected) and I'm sure you knew that. I'm very much ok and commenting on the right thread

1 Like

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by wedeonline(m): 4:43pm On Feb 01, 2018
Even his father can't buy Chevron alone.. Does he even know any details about the funding required to float just one production platform not to talk of a company that owns hundreds of platform. Adenuga is still trying to revive Auntie Julie that got burnt last year and he is here talking Chevron..

1 Like

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 01, 2018
Bitter, judgmental, bad belle woman. Is it your own story? Go and write yours. Stop beefing!!

We gree say him use him papa name. What have you done with your own Papa's name?You can go to Ladipo Market and start collecting market tolls since your surname is Ladipo.

Arrant twaddle !!

3 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Codes151(m): 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Even his father can’t afford to buy chevron all.. maybe the Nigerian branch and despite that, he go take loan

1 Like

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Relocate122: 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
RELOCATE TO CANADA VIA STUDY AND WORK VISA TODAY!

At Great Goodness Multi-Links we provide seamless and affordable processing of Canadian visa.

Whats app Phone: 0 81263 34446
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by streamsofjoy(f): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
cruzita:
That's the priviledge of having rich parents

U can say that again
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by azpekuliar: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
At least his father tried. Our own papa na land wey dey inside thick-thick forest na wetin him dey buy upanddan.
I just dey wonder if him been dey reason well at all; like say na for village person go remain for him life!

Evenn get mouth talk say for future the land go get value. So make person remain for hunger dey wait for future?

Mtchewww.

cheesy cheesy maybe im buy am make una use am take farm na...
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Burgerlomo: 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2018
mayweather145:
Is it her own father?person Father no go get money in peace again? So if ur father get money u no go fit do business again? Do u want him to come and use your own father's money to establish himself? I just tire for ppl dat Always say some one could hv been nothing without his father. But he has D initiative to invest it doesn't matter, where the money comes from its D ability of u to make proper use of it and make it. This means that even dou he was poor he could hv tried something on his own.

D gal just dey look 4 an opportunity to be paddy (friend) grin to Paddy Adenuga

1 Like

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by SonOfmercy007: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2018
jrusky:
Let them continue lying. Because I font know what was his work than being CEO in his father company and that has acquired do much wealth to buy Chevron just like that as if we are talking about 1mlion naira company.

This was how someone said Adenuga Junior entered University at 13. In every western world it's either you are 5 years or 6 years before you are even allow to primary one and it depend on the month you were born.

If you entered primary by 5 years and do 6 years primary pls is how many year=11
If your month fell out school calendar you will be 6 years plus 6 years primary =12. Pls minus 12 from 13 years pls? So he entered University from primary school

Pls free us with Adenuga matter.
So what do you think he will gain by lieing that he entered Uni at age of 13 Just tell me
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by SonOfmercy007: 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
joenor:
I guess he must be high from Kwale weed, A whole chevron, some children sha... shu
Shut up your fifthy mouth,he said Chevron Netherland not Chevron Global.Seriously naija get issue sha

3 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by GrammarCheck: 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
philip0906:

2[b]. Paddy Adenuga did not throw his story at your face or force you to read through at gun point[/b]

Abi o!

I didnt read the story, because no one is forcing or paying me to. So na to jump and pass and pray to build a legacy my child can continue.

With all the summary, I deduced that Paddy's article means 1 thing. Aspire for greatness.
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by naijaninja15: 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
What exactly is the purpose of this article. Before y'all try to crucify me, I do not have anything against having rich parents; we all did not choose our parent, rather we were dealt what we got. Is he highlighting this as the peak of his career as biz man or is showcasing what he achieved at a tender age of 29? What exactly is inspiring in the fictitious story that sounds like something right outta a hardcover novel. Nothing to relate to in it, rather its all about his mountain view while driving to a Swiss Village, dinner in country club, driving along Malibu.

Nothing special about what he did at that age considering what has been invested in him all his life; best of education, exposure only money can buy, experience not found on the shelf of shoprite. Take a few minutes and listen to him about people in his connect, even going to the extent that he know MD of Chevron Nigeria. People like Paddy have at their disposal power to make things happen, will it be surprising if he buys a bank in Nigeria or acquire a telecom in Nigeria? Its his terrain, he was ED of Globacom and Conoil at the same time so tell me what is new.

The weirdest thing about the whole article was that he wrote it himself and that the story is about a near-kill. "Almost" nor dey win trophy nah, is either you win or you lose. This is all about a venture that failed, what he should have done is do it again and again until he actually wins. It is after a win someone somewhere will pick up a pen and write about it. Great men don't write their own story, it is always written on sands of time by someone else. Paddy did not take a cue from his father. It would be interesting to know how his dad is scolding him now. He was just impatient, wants his story out there so bad and cant wait that he had to do it himself.

You can disagree with me but I respect likes of Davido more, as his story wasn't written by himself rather it was by people wowed by his talent and hard work. Like him or not, Davido achieved his success without his father influence and the fact that he market a real product makes it harder, unlike this Paddy acquisition that is abstract in nature. In all, I do applaud him for his feat but he should have waited for his time which i know will still come.

3 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by osusu(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
Jamiubond009:
Of course she's right. Having well heeled parents gives you access to the best education and exposure and if you're smart enough and have an entrepreneurial drive, you can leverage on their financial bottomline and name to make major investment moves.
two bottles of orijin and one alomo for you for this post
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by Crixina(f): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2018
So because of this Lady's post, I went to read the article and I have come to these conclusions
1. This lady did not read even 5 lines of that article
2. She probably wants to trend
3.Paddy Adenuga may have the Adenuga name, but if that article is anything close to the truth, the doggedness and ambitious mind in that article I read is something that cannot be handed down no matter how great a last name you have.

So Lady chill!
We are talking big league here, not some petty social media likes.
BTW, abeg who get him number grin

7 Likes

Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by RexTramadol1: 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2018
This gal no lie tho'........ But whose business?

Chronicles of Catalan no be my cup of garri.
Re: Shade Ladipo Slams Paddy Adenuga Over Chevron Story by dewalexify(m): 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
philip0906:

Mr Philip, why have you wasted ur energy and time in putting down this write up when we all know she's just looking for cheap and undue attention . She's irrelevant joor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience Ozokwor Celebrates Her Grandson On His Birthday / Toke Makinwa Reveals The Best Revenge To Give An Ex After A Broken Relationship / Mercy Aigbe Has A Crush On Richard Mofe Damijo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.