Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing (16951 Views)

What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) / What D Difference Between 2005-2007 Corolla Ce Le Xle Xrs / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by AnodaIT(m): 7:50am On Feb 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:

If you have access to Nairaland then you have access to Google.

Good day.
Hope you know that some Google results points back to nairaland
This is because they believe that nairaland like quora would have some of the best answers
Unfortunately people like you thinks Google manufactures answers. No! They only collate best answers from platforms like nairaland

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Miamibutch(m): 7:52am On Feb 02, 2018
Biggers82:
You don't have a car that's why you are asking a useless question had it been you have a car you will not ask this stupid question biko go buy car poor man like you

Very unnecessary

2 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by boreholeexpert(m): 7:53am On Feb 02, 2018
Biggers82:
You don't have a car that's why you are asking a useless question had it been you have a car you will not ask this stupid question biko go buy car poor man like you

that's too much bro,if you don't have any reasonable thing to say,kindly zip your mouth

9 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Homers123(m): 7:53am On Feb 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Good day.
Zero joy for the dude, Dang savage.

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by lonelydora: 7:54am On Feb 02, 2018
GideonIdaboh:
The essence of this platform i believe is to share ideas. Most of you rebuffing the OP have no knowledge of the subject matter but rather than keep shut, they have resorted to spew trash as usual. May sense fall on all of you

Why not just tell us the difference with same strength you used in typing this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by SoldierBoy1(m): 7:58am On Feb 02, 2018
Wheel alignment has to do with adjusting Caster and Camber angles on the wheels, so the wheels would be parallel and perfectly perpendicular to the ground while wheel balancing has to do with ensuring efficient spin of the wheel by checking for points with excess loading on the wheels and compensating for this by balancing with an equal load on the opposite side of this excessive loading..... abeg fellow mechanics, u fit correct me if I Don make any mistake cos I no too dey do wheels for workshop. And guys, which of una Don try remove nozzle of Nissan Frontier for cleaning, I sure say the designer been skip design classes I swear.

2 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by wefish(m): 8:00am On Feb 02, 2018
Wheel balance is making sure the tire laps very well with the wheel to avoid one side of the circumference heavier than the other
Alignment is setting the entire car tire/wheel as straight as the steering to avoid sideways movements which eats up the tires.
They are both very important to every car.

M.L.papka

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by dimelo: 8:01am On Feb 02, 2018
grin
dmltoyin:
Wheel alignment and Wheel Balancing are two totally different things, but many people often get them confused. In a nutshell, wheel alignment consists of adjusting the angles of the wheels so that they are perpendicular to the ground and parallel to each other. The purpose of these adjustments is maximum tire life and a vehicle that tracks straight and true when driving along a straight and level road. Wheel Balancing, on the other hand allows the tires and wheels to spin without causing any vibrations. This is accomplished by checking for any heavy spots on the wheel-tire combination and compensating for it by placing a measured lead weight on the opposite site of the wheel from where the heavy spot is.
Kai but bross this your explanation dey like one kind physics oh, you for kukuma add equation make we know say Na formula remain na

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by samsam2019: 8:01am On Feb 02, 2018
GideonIdaboh:
The essence of this platform i believe is to share ideas. Most of you rebuffing the OP have no knowledge of the subject matter but rather than keep shut, they have resorted to spew trash as usual. May sense fall on all of you
thanks sis.

No mind the old fools
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by phemmyfour: 8:01am On Feb 02, 2018
akunaedemoses:
Can somebody pls tell me d difference and benefits of doing alignment and wheel balancing!
Alignment is for shaft, joint etc while wheel balancing ensure your tyres are of equal weight, good condition etc

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by phemmyfour: 8:02am On Feb 02, 2018
GideonIdaboh:
But you didn't address the topic either

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by ipobarecriminals: 8:03am On Feb 02, 2018
angry undecided
Biggers82:
undecided
Biggers82:
shut ur yellow teeth.Wic useless car u have?I dare u to upload ur car particular. Dnt show ur uncu moto oo.Lil kid Somebody ask a question for the benefit of odas only for u to attack him.

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Kobicove(m): 8:04am On Feb 02, 2018
dmltoyin:
Wheel alignment and Wheel Balancing are two totally different things, but many people often get them confused. In a nutshell, wheel alignment consists of adjusting the angles of the wheels so that they are perpendicular to the ground and parallel to each other. The purpose of these adjustments is maximum tire life and a vehicle that tracks straight and true when driving along a straight and level road. Wheel Balancing, on the other hand allows the tires and wheels to spin without causing any vibrations. This is accomplished by checking for any heavy spots on the wheel-tire combination and compensating for it by placing a measured lead weight on the opposite site of the wheel from where the heavy spot is.

Good answer
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by samsam2019: 8:05am On Feb 02, 2018
Biggers82:
for your mind now you get sense?

I hope you don't represent your family in public grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by israelmao(m): 8:07am On Feb 02, 2018
Many have smart phones yet they underutilize them, Google has made research so easy for those who know how to use it.Analogue generation is fading away digital generation is taking over.

2 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nychillax(m): 8:08am On Feb 02, 2018
skyfada:
Wheel balancing is done on the tire wheels to minimize tire vibrations while alignment is done through the tyrod to straighten the tire position in alignment with the steering wheels.

Correct,Tie-rod not tyrod sir....

2 Likes

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by bigass123(m): 8:10am On Feb 02, 2018
I've been using my car for 3years now but I can't differentiate between them even though I have seen them do It severally.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by AreaFada2: 8:12am On Feb 02, 2018
Can be confusing to differentiate. Alignment is to ensure wheel is straight relative to the ground and steering wheel. Balancing is to equally distribute weight/load so that spinning is smooth. I remember a Mechanic using pidgin English to explain it long ago.
Obviously with more driving experience you might notice when both need attention.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 02, 2018
Biggers82:
That's a lie. A lot of people drive for years without knowing the difference.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 02, 2018
samsam2019:
for your mind now you get sense?

I hope you don't represent your family in public grin cheesy grin
Come here. grin

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by daamazing(m): 8:27am On Feb 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Good day.
He may be using free basics. Courtesy of Facebook, don't judge kiss
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Dayoara: 8:30am On Feb 02, 2018
Ask google.... You will get better answer

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by yoged(m): 8:44am On Feb 02, 2018
Biggers82:
kids of nowadays without sense. If you don't have anything to say. Just shut up
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by MBtz(m): 9:05am On Feb 02, 2018
HomesOfLife:
Alignment is done to align the tires; while wheel balancing is done to balance the wheels grin

Lolz, madman cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by joinnow: 9:09am On Feb 02, 2018
akunaedemoses:
Can somebody pls tell me d difference and benefits of doing alignment and wheel balancing!

Wheel balancing done to make your tire weight balance on the wheel. It done on separate machine outside. If not balance the Vulcan go add Small small zinc metal on the rim edge so the tire weight go balance.your car fit they vibrates

While wheel alignment is to make sure your wheel is fix at same angle the car manufacturer say you suppose put am. If not you car go dey pull go one side. You no fit commit hand for steering for like 2 min or less.
Your tires go chop one side especially that side its pulling to.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 02, 2018
wheel balancing means balancing each individual wheel so that it rolls properly without wobble and vibrations

wheel alignment concerns making sure all four wheels are rolling together in sync. for example one isnt pointing to the left and the other to the right. Usually adjustments are made on the front 2 wheels.

consider wheel balancing like 1st making sure a dancer can dance well and wheel alignment like making sure 4 dancers are choreographed and can perform a routine in sync.

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by emmansus(f): 9:48am On Feb 02, 2018
Alignment is when u decide to align what is ment for you,while wheel balancing is when you choose to balance your wheel or unbalance your wheel.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by kokostick(m): 9:49am On Feb 02, 2018
As a mechanicAL engineering student, the main difference between alignment and balancing is that alignment means adjusting the angles of wheels to make them perpendicular to the ground.

While balancing means making the wheels capable of spinning without causing any vibrations. Hope it helps
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by IAM25: 10:01am On Feb 02, 2018
dmltoyin:

You're More theoretical. Correct though, but you don't adjust the angles of the wheels. You only adjust the tie-rod to get the parallel gage, I.e, for wheel Alignment.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Jaytecq(m): 10:04am On Feb 02, 2018
dmltoyin:

Copy paste... nice one, bt don't forget to add source.
https://www.carparts.com/carcare/alignmentbalance.htm

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 02, 2018
AnodaIT:

Hope you know that some Google results points back to nairaland
This is because they believe that nairaland like quora would have some of the best answers
Unfortunately people like you thinks Google manufactures answers. No! They only collate best answers fro platforms like nairaland

Salvage 411 kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driving Rules In Nigeria / Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? / Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.