Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing (16953 Views)

What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) / What D Difference Between 2005-2007 Corolla Ce Le Xle Xrs / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by ayokunle0077(m): 10:21am On Feb 02, 2018
please all auto guru in the house should please give answer to the question, am also interested
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by neatideas: 11:08am On Feb 02, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by opribo(m): 12:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
Let me explain it in a lay man's language.

If a wheel is not properly alligned. You will notice that if you leave the steering bar on a smooth road and slow driving. The car be will tend to drift to one direction. That tells you allignment is needed

On the other hand if you observe the car is wobbling while driving then wheel balancing may be required.

The full meaning and effect of the two on the car has already been dealt with by others.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2018
daamazing:
He may be using free basics. Courtesy of Facebook, don't judge kiss

Is it your judge? grin
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2018
AnodaIT:

Hope you know that some Google results points back to nairaland
This is because they believe that nairaland like quora would have some of the best answers
Unfortunately people like you thinks Google manufactures answers. No! They only collate best answers from platforms like nairaland

I did the search, none pointed back to NL.

What I’ve forgotten about Google and internet search you’ll never learn in two lifetimes.

Never try to educate me on information technology.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Thane(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2018
The questions has already been answered .Good enough.
In case you are based in Onitsha/Asaba and environs, i am a Tyre Servicing Technician with workshop at New Tyre Market Nkpor Onitsha. call whatsapp 07032909591
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by AnodaIT(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I did the search, none pointed back to NL.

What I’ve forgotten about Google and internet search you’ll never learn in two lifetimes.

Never try to educate me on information technology.
I never said this topic, this is a new topic and if you had done your part by keeping quiet while people with useful information post their answers, the thread would have gotten a good Page Authority and ranked higher on Google search results
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2018
AnodaIT:

I never said this topic, this is a new topic and if you had done your part by keeping quiet while people with useful information post their answers, the thread would have gotten a good Page Authority and ranked higher on Google search results

Unfortunately for you, I won’t keep quiet. grin
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
opribo:
Let me explain it in a lay man's language.

If a wheel is not properly alligned. You will notice that if you leave the steering bar on a smooth road and slow driving. The car be will tend to drift to one direction. That tells you allignment is needed

On the other hand if you observe the car is wobbling while driving then wheel balancing may be required.

The full meaning and effect of the two on the car has already been dealt with by others.

Wobbling is not wheel balancing, bouncing is.

Wobbling could be bad tires, wheel bearing and steering/suspension parts.

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
phemmyfour:
Alignment is for shaft, joint etc while wheel balancing ensure your tyres are of equal weight, good condition etc

This answer is the best.

Kudos Sir, impressive Sir. How do you do it?
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
I looked at some DP, and some of yah all could use at least an alignment and maybe balancing on your body.

How good are Chiropractic services in Nigeria? grin
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by daamazing(m): 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Is it your judge? grin
grin grin
It is our judge grin

1 Like

Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
dmltoyin:
Wheel alignment and Wheel Balancing are two totally different things, but many people often get them confused. In a nutshell, wheel alignment consists of adjusting the angles of the wheels so that they are perpendicular to the ground and parallel to each other. The purpose of these adjustments is maximum tire life and a vehicle that tracks straight and true when driving along a straight and level road. Wheel Balancing, on the other hand allows the tires and wheels to spin without causing any vibrations. This is accomplished by checking for any heavy spots on the wheel-tire combination and compensating for it by placing a measured lead weight on the opposite site of the wheel from where the heavy spot is.

Textbook stuff
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by philoedu(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2018
Wheel balancing is necessary to restore proper balance in a vehicle. And tread wear causes the distribution of weight around the tire to change, and this leads to imbalance that causes shake or vibration. During wheel balancing, there is in use the calibrated spin balancer that test both the static(non moving) and dynamic (moving) wheel balance. The balancing is carried out when the tire is rotated on the wheel, usually in every 5-6,000km.
Wheel alignment is also referred to as "front end alignment" and sometimes, simply tire alignment. The angle of wheel is adjusted to position of the recommended specification. This will include tire check for sign of poor alignment and inspection of the toe, camber and caster which are the three components for measuring wheel orientation. Wheel alignment can be checked when the vehicle is pulling to one side or if there is a recent collision of the vehicle. So we can say, they are separate services of which one can be done frequently to enhance the life and performance of the tires and the other not as often, which is the alignment.
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by Seankay323: 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
Wot is the reason why some Honda cars especially Honda civic or Honda accord have this persistent issue of their tyres coming off from the joint? Is it as a result of not properly aligned tyres or balanced tyres?
Re: What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing by dmltoyin(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2018
kenonze:

Textbook stuff
i hope u learned

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driving Rules In Nigeria / Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? / Car Brands/models You Wouldn't Want To Use Ever Again (from Previous Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.