Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (5507 Views)

"I Quit My Job To Submit To My Husband" / I do not feel loved by my wife, Is this enough reason to quit my marriage? / I Was Raped And Became Pregnant. Should I Abort It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by lovethchioma(f): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
amicable09:

Lol. Na so o. Na person wey dem catch do wrong. The ones them no catch dey right. But it will be foolhardy to join in casting stones because no one knows the hour or day e go shele, unless their boyfriends help their case of course, they will know what it feels like to love someone enough to let him/her develop inside and be born at the appointed time with or without a husband.
Gbam... You've said it all, shikena wallahi....
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
edoman2016:

The school proprietor could be right to sack her for getting pregnant out of wedlock. A teacher is expected to be a role model to pupils. I can not allow my children to be taught by a teacher that got pregnant out of wedlock because it is a bad example of morality. A child born out of wedlock is a bastard.

Sad. With respect, you lack basic social etiquette. I would wager a bet that you, or someone very dear to you was born out of wedlock. So before you come out here to call an innocent child a bastard, deal with the ones around you! Your idiocy us suffocating me. I'm outta here.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by edoman2016: 9:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
tolusan:

Sad. With respect, you lack basic social etiquette. I would wager a bet that you, or someone very dear to you was born out of wedlock. So before you come out here to call an innocent child a bastard, deal with the ones around you! Your idiocy us suffocating me. I'm outta here.
You are a fool. There is no bastard in my family because we are old-fashioned. If you have it in your family, you shouldn't assume it's normal to every families. We follow scriptural principles rather than worldly principles. Whether you like it or not, the truth shall prevail. A child born out of wedlock is a bastard. If you don't like it, it's none of my business.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ishilove:
The person who said those calling the lady's child a bastard are 'stupid' is suffering from the effects of sub zero intellect. When you call a spade by what it truly is, these 21st century village idiots with access to internet technology get defensive and start typing the first gibberish that plays through their hydrocephalic heads.

So the spade that we have called a spade now, how has it solved any problem here?

How has it brought joy, love, peace and warmth that the grieving and hurting people of the world so desperately want? It doesn't only have to be true. That it is true is not sufficient basis to shove it down our throats and rub it in ones face. It has to engender peace, it has to bring comfort, it has to bring correction and reproof. If it doesn't meet all these requirements, it is better left unsaid.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
edoman2016:

You are a fool. There is no bastard in my family because we are old-fashioned. If you have it in your family, you shouldn't assume it's normal to every families. We follow scriptural principles rather than worldly principles. Whether you like it or not, the truth shall prevail. A child born out of wedlock is a bastard. If you don't like it, it's none of my business.

So, since you have called the child a bastard. What has changed. Thank God you have alluded to "scriptural principles", so no compunction grips you when you call a child who did not choose the circumstances of his/her coming a bastard just because you want to make a point? I shudder at such scriptural principles. If you cannot minister compassion and choose mercy over judgment, then your religion is vain, empty and hollow.

I will leave you with Galatians 6:1

"Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself."

When we arrogate to ourselves the power to condemn others, instead of firmly correcting and restoring them, then we are in dangerous territory

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by 3html: 9:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
edoman2016:

The school proprietor could be right to sack her for getting pregnant out of wedlock. A teacher is expected to be a role model to pupils. I can not allow my children to be taught by a teacher that got pregnant out of wedlock because it is a bad example of morality. A child born out of wedlock is a bastard .
Why that? Someone is in a problem and needs advice on way forward as to save the child and you talk like a child?
Please you reason below human

Op ignore that deranged fellow he his a kid who has not faced life the other way .
Try to know the fathers genotype if you are AS but if you are not an AS don't worry about that.
Secondly get the support of your mum, women are compassionate in such and she will understand, try and meet the school owner where you teach and inform him.
Please once it has passed 3 months don't take any drugs.

Life has many faces , this difficult time will surely pass with time

5 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ishilove:

You are right. We are being insensitive.

Problem is I am not much of a pretender but I will try to put it on a leash smiley

Is that you on your dp? You fun sha.. But u sure say you no air brush am grin
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
BaBysmaMa:
The ring suggestion was in my head all night. I'll go job searching on Friday and when I get a new job, I'm going in with a ring. If that doesn't work out, I'll just stick to my job and get the ring anyways. Thanks to you all for the advice.

Iam sorry but how long do u intend to live a life of lying to pple you are married or claim traditional marriage?
Sooner or later pple will find out and it will turn to scorn

You find the word ba*tard offensive Iam not for using such words but let's face it, your child is one.. He is illegitimate....
This is y womem are asked to respect themselves.. Let's hope that baby doesn grow up facing scorn as a lot do or hates u for such

You wan matured advice were you thinking maturely when you did such and now you are asking for advise on a public forum
You know the joke of this, that you work with kids and don't want them to know as per sending wrong message so you know it's wrong abi? And when the child asks who is my dad what do u say, when the child has to fill forms what do u write,? You indeed are irresponsible lack self respect and clearly not ready to accept your fault and change instead you are lying with a ring

Trust me some school will send u packing due to morality issue so as to avoid bad message to those beautiful kids

Now you wish to hide under a ring.... I laugh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by cococandy(f): 5:26am On Feb 05, 2018
edoman2016:

The school proprietor could be right to sack her for getting pregnant out of wedlock. A teacher is expected to be a role model to pupils. I can not allow my children to be taught by a teacher that got pregnant out of wedlock because it is a bad example of morality. A child born out of wedlock is a bastard.
idiot

I’m sorry I just can’t find it in myself to be polite to people like you. My bad

7 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by edoman2016: 6:09am On Feb 05, 2018
3html:

Why that? Someone is in a problem and needs advice on way forward as to save the child and you talk like a child?
Please you reason below human

Op ignore that deranged fellow he his a kid who has not faced life the other way .
Try to know the fathers genotype if you are AS but if you are not an AS don't worry about that.
Secondly get the support of your mum, women are compassionate in such and she will understand, try and meet the school owner where you teach and inform him.
Please once it has passed 3 months don't take any drugs.

Life has many faces , this difficult time will surely pass with time
Who is a kid? If you are not blind to read you will notice I replied the OP that my statement about a bastard child is general without referring to her unborn child. There is high number of babies born out of wedlock in this generation and we are setting a bad precedent for the next generation who will think it is right. Some women are even celebrated to be a babymama by society. Thereby, denying the child the priviledge of growing up in a proper family.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by edoman2016: 6:21am On Feb 05, 2018
cococandy:
idiot

I’m sorry I just can’t find it in myself to be polite to people like you. My bad
I am not surprised by your abusive word. We shall know them by their abusive comments. We do not necessarily have to share the same viewpoint about life. The OP might have made a mistake of getting pregnant out of wedlock but other single sisters could learn from her experience. Adulthood comes with responsibility and the OP should resolve her maternal issue herself. As far as I am concerned, She should acknowledge her mistake, say the truth and damn whatever people say about her. With time, people will forget her issue and move on to the next gossip.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by MrHighSea: 6:38am On Feb 05, 2018
Op, you're so thoughtful of the kids.
Independent. Don't quit. You can rather inform them b4 its known.
I like u

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by jashar(f): 7:42am On Feb 05, 2018
There's no need to lie or hide under the pretence of a 'missing' fiance.

Deed has been done. Hold your head up high and deal with the consequences. You made a mistake, we all make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Pearl05(f): 9:52am On Feb 05, 2018
Ishilove:

Hire somebody to pose as your husband, take photos of your 'traditional wedding', and then when you start showing, he travels to Libya and dies while crossing.

End of story.

Wicked but brilliant
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
sisisioge:

Good one. Your baby will come and make all this your wahala worth it. Congrats in advance. Leave all em hypocrites naming your kid already. They are just as worse! Sometimes I laugh when I read comments from some people I already got insights into their affairs...holibullsheets they are. Whew! Remain brave.

What people?

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ishilove:
The person who said those calling the lady's child a bastard are 'stupid' is suffering from the effects of sub zero intellect. When you call a spade by what it truly is, these 21st century village idiots with access to internet technology get defensive and start typing the first gibberish that plays through their hydrocephalic heads.

Just shut it already.. fùcking hypocrite!

4 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
amicable09:

I've never heard this kind of talk in my life.
Shebi it is because the teacher got pregnant? How about the others who don't take in? Does that make them morally justified to teach your kids?

A child born out of wedlock may be a bastard but that's a disapproving thing to say.

Thank you.
God bless you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by naylor(f): 2:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
I doubt if the op will comment again cos of the judgemental comments on here.
See as people dey form righteous.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Antina(f): 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2018
Mshw!! Hypocrite everywhere!!

Some of them even have either sisters, brothers or relatives nursing the so called "bastards".

OP! Keep your head up and face the consequences if you have not found a new job. I repeat, don't leave your job without getting another.

God is your strength.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by HiredGames(m): 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ishilove:

It's offensive, but the bitter truth.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bastard

You peeps just sit behind your big screen and write ridiculous things. I bet you won't use that word if you come face to face with the OP, but no it's okay since it's online. Fuvking coward.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by HiredGames(m): 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
edoman2016:

Thank you for your comment. This generation don't want to hear the truth. When you say the truth, you are seen as old-fashioned.

stupid
ˈstjuːpɪd/Submit
adjective
having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

Stupid is an adjective that describes someone showing a great lack of intelligence. We see people that exhibit what the above definition describes but it's seemingly rude and unacceptable to call them that.

Since we are throwing bants, I can go ahead and call you stupid for inappropriately using that word, as the child the OP is carrying isn't one until he/she is born.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by edoman2016: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2018
HiredGames:

stupid
ˈstjuːpɪd/Submit
adjective
having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.

Stupid is an adjective that describes someone showing a great lack of intelligence. We see people that exhibit what the above definition describes but it's seemingly rude and unacceptable to call them that.

Since we are throwing bants, I can go ahead and call you stupid for inappropriately using that word, as the child the OP is carrying isn't one until he/she is born.
If your lineage is lucky to have my level of intelligence, your family won't have perished in stupidity.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Ishilove: 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
edoman2016:

If your lineage is lucky to have my level of intelligence, your family won't have perished in stupidity.
You really shouldn't respond to every sub-human life form that crawls out of the sewer to use the internet.

Some people are so pathetic. Oshisko cheesy
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by HiredGames(m): 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
edoman2016:

Funny my sister just got into Princeton University yesterday grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by HiredGames(m): 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ishilove:

You really shouldn't respond to every sub-human life form that crawls out of the sewer to use the internet.

Some people are so pathetic. Oshisko cheesy

You are going about calling someone unborn child a bastard, and I'm the pathetic one smiley

No, I'm not sub-human. No, I didn't crawl out of the sewer and I am not in any way pathetic.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
HiredGames:

You are going about calling someone unborn child a bastard, and I'm the pathetic one smiley

No, I'm not sub-human. No, I didn't crawl out of the sewer and I am not in any way pathetic.

Oga don't mind ishilove..She's a fat troublesome plain girl. She probably feels pretty when over mentioned.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
HiredGames:

I am not even tempted one tiny little bit to joust with insignificant specks of internet bytes so kindly move along. Have a most unpleasant evening.

This is also for the office messenger mentioning my username up there.
Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
Rubbish... grin grin

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Gloriagee(f): 11:28am On Feb 06, 2018
Na so
edoman2016:

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Pojomojo: 10:41am On Feb 09, 2018
wink
lovethchioma:
All of you people naming her child bastard are plain stupid and Yes no apology.
She needs advice and not coming to rub it in face that she's having a baby outta wedlock.
If you have ever had sex without being married then you have no moral right to tell her any nonsense. Hypocrites everywhere.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ishilove:

Hire somebody to pose as your husband, take photos of your 'traditional wedding', and then when you start showing, he travels to Libya and dies while crossing.

End of story.

Ishilove!!

Re: I Am Pregnant. Should I Quit My Job Or Not? by ayando(m): 2:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
Ishilove:
The point of order is lost on you. No one says you are wrong about the definition but the idea of telling us that. Is it helpful at the time? Is it needed now? So it is stupidity for those talking about bastard now. No apology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Aunty's Husband Always Grab My Breasts / I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child / Selina Tested Episode 23 (the Dead Of SIBI)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.