Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,614 members, 7,955,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

The Graduation Spot And Other Room! - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Graduation Spot And Other Room! (31010 Views)

Nigerian Man Got News About Mother's Death, Dies Shortly After Graduation / Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos) / Nigerian Lady And Her Parents Dancing At Her Graduation In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Graciouscharis: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
babythug:
My thoughts on the see finish matter primarily stem from my direct experience and a thread I recently stumbled on here on Nairaland. It was a fun thread directed to unemployed husbands but really ministered to my soul lol

I’m sure at one point or the other our husbands have made statements or given off vibes that largely can be categorised under “see finish” this is to help forestall or perhaps eradicate see finish.

It usually happens to stay at home/ in between jobs wives . The world is merciless to those in that category honestly. One would imagine the poor wife is enjoying not having financial independence.

1. The first tip is to realise that you are not alone. Many a wife has experienced and survived plus overcome this see finish of a thing.
2. One of the many loop holes that could lead you to be the butt of your Nigerian husband’s bad mouth is to be generally unorganised .
2a. You must be on top of your game at all times. Depending on the age (s) of your children this could be a Herculean but achievable nonetheless
b.

I experienced this first hand. Thank God for Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by blank(f): 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
I don't really have much to add to the topic on ground. Was wondering how quarantine/lockdown has affected our kids schedules and their lives?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
blank:
I don't really have much to add to the topic on ground. Was wondering how quarantine/lockdown has affected our kids schedules and their lives?

On my walk/exercise bit now but I’d be back to respond
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 8:37am On Jul 22, 2020
blank:

Your post made me truly think and reflect deeply yesterday! I must admit I haven’t made the best use of the time as regards the children and their schedules. We were struggling with routines before the pandemic and so we didn’t have much to fall back on as per already defined schedules.

They’ve thankfully had online school which keeps them mostly occupied in the mornings . Asides that they’ve literally freelanced all the way through!

Time for some adjustments .

P.S- I wasn’t freelancing with my time though , got in some personal development during this period *winks*

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2020
blank:

I was hoping you’d be back to share your experience/ solutions for the above!

How are you doing?
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by blank(f): 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
babythug:

I was hoping you’d be back to share your experience/ solutions for the above!

How are you doing?

No mind me, I wanted to and then life happened. let me coordinate myself well.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2020
blank:

No mind me, I wanted to and then life happened. let me coordinate myself well.

We will be patient , notebooks are on standby *kisses*
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by blank(f): 4:16am On Aug 10, 2020
Once I had noticed the global trend of lockdowns, I got permission to work from home and then immediately travelled abroad with my kids. So we had to form a new routine. I tried different things until I came up with a workable solution.

I wake up around 5 and get some personal time to pray, read, press phone, whatever. I wake the kids up by 7am. They have family devotion with their dad while I bathe and dress up my baby for daycare. I leave around 7:30. By the time i return around 8, my hubby would have made breakfast. Then the kids do some morning chores.

I let them watch TV or play with their tablets till 10am. So the earlier they get their chores done and take their bath, the more time they can watch TV. From 10am, they do some online learning till noon. Then we go outside for a walk or just play in the backyard till 12:30pm. They have lunch then go back to studying till 2pm. Then they can do whatever they want till 5pm when I would have picked my baby and we go out for a walk.

We usually get home around 6pm. They eat, take a shower and we all gist or play games till 8pm when they go to bed. I'm a night owl so I go back to work till late.

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by blank(f): 4:21am On Aug 10, 2020
So how has Covid affected them? They don't want to go out. They would rather stay indoors and it's scary for me because they used to love outdoors. They only go on the walks because I make them and they are so scared of any cough, coming near anyone. I guess my paranoia must have seeped through.

I don't let them watch news anymore because the stories are always bad. During the BLM stuff, I noticed my eldest becoming fearful of police. Till now, when he hears a police siren, he asks if they are killing someone or if they will arrest him. It breaks my heart.

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 4:45am On Aug 10, 2020
@blank sounds pretty fair enough! You’re fortunate you’re free from the issues of nepa so you can be sure your routines will run smoothly to a large extent.

Why’s the baby in daycare though? You just need the peace and quiet? cheesy

Also have you thought of creative arts ,cooking practise, reading and extra curricular activities you can incorporate?

We are done with “exams” here so I’m hoping to
Move onto that for my children .
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by blank(f): 5:46am On Aug 12, 2020
babythug:

Why’s the baby in daycare though? You just need the peace and quiet? cheesy

Also have you thought of creative arts ,cooking practise, reading and extra curricular activities you can incorporate?

We are done with “exams” here so I’m hoping to
Move onto that for my children .

When I moved, I was concerned with how i would cope with 3 kids and no nanny and I'll be working into the night due to timing differences with Nigeria so I signed him up for daycare immediately. Unfortunately, the daycare closed the next week due to the pandemic and I felt it very well. With him back in daycare, I can breathe easier, work better and still put eye on my older boys.

I had tried different combinations but had to finally delete creative art because they couldn't do it on their own without making a huge mess and I need to be able to concentrate at work. We still do it weekends though. They've learnt how to make basic food so they can fetch their breakfast, warm their food, make sandwiches, fry eggs, etc. But I'm not into cooking like that, my husband cooks more so maybe with time, I could consider how to get them involved.

My exams will start soon so will have to start prepping for it.

5 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2021
How’s everybody doing and adjusting to the new normal?

In Nigeria there hasn’t been a need to adjust lifestyles so much except that we mummies don’t have so many owanbes to attend these days.

On the economic front we’ve all been affected one way or the other . The pandemic has given room for many to begin to be more serious about their finances. Have you started giving it more thought or better still action?

What are you doing financially differently these days?

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ry maybe you can watch some Jo Frost supernanny videos on YouTube. Some of her tips may help with your boys.

P.S - I hope you don’t mind just thought you may get some help there!
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Giddyperson: 9:47pm On Dec 02, 2023
babythug:
Ry maybe you can watch some Jo Frost supernanny videos on YouTube. Some of her tips may help with your boys.

P.S - I hope you don’t mind just thought you may get some help there!

Hope this won’t get me banned lol. I tried to PM you but I have to send the permission email first.
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2023
[quote author=Giddyperson post=127285189]

Thanks my sister
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2023
@giddyperson your last post had me lolling as usual. The truth is that some couples have weird relationships. Eg-moi!!!
People can tell my husband all sorts of awkward things /make all sorts of awkward requests from him and he wont tell me. Why I don’t know?! His family, my family , friends , people on the street etc . Such people usually try it and once they sense they’ve got away with it , they continue! Big things oh, small things oh - I have all sorts of stories. It’s when the situation gets out of hand that my husband then tells me and I’m like 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ it’s further irritating when he tries to justify by saying it’s not everything you tell your wife.

Unfortunately it’s a bad and sad situation. Couples shouldn’t keep things from each other!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NNPCL Gifts ₦200k Petrol Voucher To Lady Who Wakes Early To Cook For Her Husband / Feminism: The True Colour / That Past Experience(s) That Made You Smile Or Laugh Out Loud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.