Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium (61154 Views)

Drone Shots And Photos Of Covenant University CU! Architectural Wonders!! / Meet Dr. Timothy Aneke Who Ordered The Shaving Of Covenant University Students / Bishop Oyedepo: My Adopted Son Was Also Thrown Out Of Covenant University. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by subcbouy: 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
eyinjuege:

Majority of those who contributed significantly to building covenant university are not poor (some gave to the tune of millions) and are not complaining about their children's school fees in the same covenant.
A poor man who contributed 10-100k (and that's been generous) to same project now expecting his 4 children to go to the same covenant tuition free for at least 4 years must really feel he's hit the jackpot.
Majority of the people complaining are not even members of the said church, yet want to eat off the tithes of others.
Most of the people i have met dont go to that church, have never contributed a dime there yet feel the church is being unfair to them because the fees are expensive. Why are you crying more than the bereaved if there's no ulterior motive? Are the poor people in that church complaining about their children? Did they say their children are not getting scholarships?
When i pointed out to someone that he doesn't even go to the church talkmore of giving a dime, he said he's a Nigerian so he should have access for his children to same church uni. What of the members of the particular church themselves then? Where do we throw them to if everybody feels they are entitled to the school.
I won't have said it better. Unfortunately, a lot of Nigerians think they can get good education on a or/over stressed facilities with low cost tuition. Good tuition demands good facility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by lawalosky(m): 8:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by winnah(f): 8:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

It's not for the poor Though it is powered by the poor
What an irony of life
if u have nothing to say better keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by Terminator1234g: 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
subcbouy:
your glorious high school no rich am, walai
k
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by winnah(f): 9:04pm On Feb 04, 2018
subtlemee:
If the missionaries came with this mentality 80% of our grand fathers and fathers will still be uneducated

isn't it shameful to see people fly out of this country just to get better education.

what makes a school standout if not the quality of education, edifice structures, conducive environment, facilities and upon other things.

going by the current ranking, it is the 2nd best university in Nigeria after university of Ibadan.

am hearing people say all kind of stupid things. do you know the scholarship programs that this school is running on a yearly basis. if this school ranked 2nd isn't that enough to applaud the management.

what is the crime in churches owning schools. for your notice, the early missionaries did same. if the tuition fee as at the time if the early missionaries was cheap, I think we won't have much unlearned people in this country.
and almost every body would have been educated.

because your church is not fortunate enough to own a school so don't hate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by winnah(f): 9:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
subtlemee:
If the missionaries came with this mentality 80% of our grand fathers and fathers will still be uneducated

if your not informed, keep quiet. no offense.

for your information, most of the missionaries then, own schools.
Samuel bill of Qua iboe church.
Methodist church,
salvation army,
Lutheran church,
Almighty Catholic church. ( I am a product of a Catholic university).
if their tuition fee was cheap, don't u think we'll have much of educated people, (was the tuition fee affordable). why was it then that the people who got the best education was always on scholarship? if tuition fee was cheap?
so if your church is not fortunate enough to own a school don't hate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by Davido324(m): 9:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

You no even get fada cheesy
is it dat ur stupid drunkard fada dat is as good as dead

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by laytoshtwo: 9:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
No missionary spend his money in Africa,there was mission funds in all the churches in America when missionary came to Africa,in other words church members in those country paid for your free education. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by christejames(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
HigherEd:

I guess a stadium isn't priority for UNN for now. Maybe they want to spend money on other critical things first.

Yeah. You may be right...
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by ufuosman(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
I don see am
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by XingXhang(m): 10:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

Gbam
You spoke the honest truth

Today money is all that matters to them

What matters to you? Care and love?

What will they fetch you?

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by NairaMaster1(m): 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
subtlemee:

How many free education from your government that makes trillions from oil annually? I taya for most Nigerians. You Nigerians see everything wrong with pastors but refuse to hold your government responsible. Gush. Is Ora Roberts university in USA free? Can you afford it as it were? Just manage your dilapidated pubic schools and stop poverty mentality.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 11:12am On Feb 07, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

It's not for the poor
Though it is powered by the poor

What an irony of life

How is it powered by the poor?

Hon. Yakubu dogara donated to the school, and so many other wealthy people, do you hear them wailing for entitlements to the school?
Bishop Oyedepo said they didn't start up the school with any money from LFC...

Yet those who pay #10 offerings and #1k tithe probably once a year will be crying foul for entitlement...

No federal/state uni is free, yet they want private unis to be free...
Edo University, Iyamho is more expensive than Redeemers University... It's in the same fee bracket as CU...don't you pay taxes compulsorily on everything you do?
Why don't you critique the government for not making education free?
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 11:22am On Feb 07, 2018
youngsahito:
are u also part of d scholarship student ni?

I know a few people who are beneficiaries...so it happens...
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 11:30am On Feb 07, 2018
vineyardfarms:

GOD IS STILL GOD. HE HAS NOT CHANGED. IF PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES WANT TO OPERATE TUITION FREE, HE WILL SUPPLY THE CASH AND THE MAN POWER.

God isn't a magician...he does miracles, he doesn't do things you can do with your bare hands...

People can afford it, and the churches gives scholarships too, so what's the point of free tuition?
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 11:34am On Feb 07, 2018
wanger50:
This has always being my point. My father was orphaned at age five and was picked up by dutch missionaries in the early fifties. They provided all he needed to survive as a child and above all,educated him completely free to tertiary level.Today our whole lineage owes our success in life to them.How is this kind of gesture possible with our brand of homegrown "Christianity"?

Lol...keyword 50s...
Can you compare the population density then to now?

What saddens me is the fact that people think the chuches of now are doing nothing simply because they don't publicize their good works...
In a few years, some people will also come out to say they're parents, or loved on was a beneficiary of a church scholarship...
So just note that churches still give scholarships...
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 11:46am On Feb 07, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

For you to compare a state university with a the one built by the sweat of the poor clearly shows you are highly biased.... You have shown your self to be a sheeple

Good day

What were the state universities built on? Leaves and grasses?

Weren't they built on your taxes?
Road no dey,
Water no dey,
Light no dey,
Housing schemes na scam,
Food cost...

But you don't blame the government and corrupt politicians for stealing your sweat(in the name of compulsory taxation) wink grin

Yet you have the dirty guts to call out churches and you want people who pay #10 and #50 offerings to reap the fruit of quality education for free...

You better go and organize a protest and face your government...
I've met kwara and edo state indigenes who can't afford Kwasu and EUI respectively, who una no go burn their state secretariats?
Someone up their was(is probably still) looking for 63k to pay for Unilag's tuition; why wasn't he/she offered a scholarship?
Aren't his/her parents tax payers? Isn't unilag supposed to be free(since you're biting yourself cz private schools aren't free)?
Can the poor afford 63k easily?

So with these we can concluded that even Federal and state unis aren't affordable for the poor right...?

If you know all that comes to your mind after reading this is 'sheeple' then just start arguing with your keyboard.

Yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 11:57am On Feb 07, 2018
desiredhome:

A lot of people/church goer do not understand the reason for church, they think going to church is just for miracle and what they will benefit that is why they are easily deceived, both the poor and the rich in the church contribute to build a school at the end of the day the poor can not attend that same school because of high school fee, who among d poor can afford 500k ? all you hear is they give scholarship, until you make the school fees affordable to all church members, then you are working for God, otherwise they are working for man indirectly

I'm not understanding, you mean all the millions of Christian youths in the country should be able to attend their universities?
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by vineyardfarms: 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
SammieJayh:

God isn't a magician...he does miracles, he doesn't do things you can do with your bare hands...

People can afford it, and the churches gives scholarships too, so what's the point of free tuition?

IF MISSIONARIES WHERE TO CHARGE FEES JUST WONDERING, HOW MANY COULD HAVE AFFORD TO GO TO SCHOOL THEN!!!!!!

GOD DOES MIRACLES, I AGREE. THERE WAS A GREAT AMERICAN MISSIONARY WHO GAVE FREE EDUCATION TO INDIANS IN INDIAN BY FAITH. HE NEITHER LACK TEACHERS OR SUPPLIES.

THERE WAS THE GREAT MISSIONARY IN UK EVANGELIST MOODY, FREE BOARDING, EDUCATION AND VACATIONAL TRAINING TO THOSE THAT PASS THROUGH HIS INSTITUTION.

THERE WAS (IS) BUKOO TEE, BLACK NATIONALIST, WHO PROVIDED FREE BOARDING, FREE TUITION, FREE SUPPLIES, IN THE USA.

GODS WORK DOES NOT LACK SUPPLY OR DIRECTION.

BACK HOME TO NIGERIA, PH SALVATION MINISTRIES PROVIDE FREE BOARDING, FREE TUITION, FREE SUPPLIES, KG THROUGH SECONDARY SCHOOL AND VOCATIONAL TRADE TO DROP OUT, HOUSE WIVES,ETC
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by HigherEd: 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
vineyardfarms:

IF MISSIONARIES WHERE TO CHARGE FEES JUST WONDERING, HOW MANY COULD HAVE AFFORD TO GO TO SCHOOL THEN!!!!!!

GOD DOES MIRACLES, I AGREE. THERE WAS A GREAT AMERICAN MISSIONARY WHO GAVE FREE EDUCATION TO INDIANS IN INDIAN BY FAITH. HE NEITHER LACK TEACHERS OR SUPPLIES.

THERE WAS THE GREAT MISSIONARY IN UK EVANGELIST MOODY, FREE BOARDING, EDUCATION AND VACATIONAL TRAINING TO THOSE THAT PASS THROUGH HIS INSTITUTION.

THERE WAS (IS) BUKOO TEE, BLACK NATIONALIST, WHO PROVIDED FREE BOARDING, FREE TUITION, FREE SUPPLIES, IN THE USA.

BACK HOME TO NIGERIA, PH SALVATION MINISTRIES PROVIDE FREE BOARDING, FREE TUITION, FREE SUPPLIES, KG THROUGH SECONDARY SCHOOL AND VOCATIONAL TRADE TO DROP OUT, HOUSE WIVES,ETC

Since you said Salvation Miniseries does it then kukuma go to salvation ministries own. No need to tackle those that charge tuition.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by vineyardfarms: 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
HigherEd:

Since you said Salvation Miniseries does it then kukuma go to salvation ministries own. No need to tackle those that charge tuition.

SIR AM SORRY IF I OFFEND YOU. SALVATION POWER MINISTRIES BLIND TO DENOMINATION, OPENED TO ALL.

THEY ARE WORKING ON UNIVERSITY WITH FIRST CLASS RATING WHICH WILL OPERATE TUITION FREE. BE ON THE LOOK OUT.
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
vineyardfarms:

Yh...and the foreign missionaries had volunteers and funding...

Who's gonna volunteer in Nigeria? Where everyone is mapping the best for their future...

People will still be critics...even if Oyedepo makes CU free, people will still complain...

That's when you'll hear people say he's supposed to feed the students and give allowances...
Some will say it's too good to be true and he's using their destinies to prosper more...I fear Nigerians when it comes to theories...

Why I'm vexed is cz those who beat this issue mostly aren't Christians...but the dumb Christians still look for entitlements where there shouldn't be any...

You can't compare the cost of running a tertiary institution to what Pastor Ibiyeomie does(tho it's very commendable)

Those missionaries did those things when the population wasn't as dense as now...

Some countries give free education up to tertiary level, Nigeria doesn't...
So you can't expect all religious unis to be free..., besides they are cheaper than other secular unis...

Abuad collects at least 1.2m for engineering courses, whereas CU gets just about 900k... Landmark is just above 600k, it's even cheaper than Elizade university...
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 1:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
vineyardfarms:

SIR AM SORRY IF I OFFEND YOU. SALVATION POWER MINISTRIES BLIND TO DENOMINATION, OPENED TO ALL.

THEY ARE WORKING ON UNIVERSITY WITH FIRST CLASS RATING WHICH WILL OPERATE TUITION FREE. BE ON THE LOOK OUT.

Let's wait and see how it works...
Note that there are research based institutions, and learning based ones too(where they just teach you like the regular Nigerian university)

There are no free schools even in the USA, Canada or UK...you can only get merit based scholarships based on sports or high academic prowess...

Even the Schengen areas that used to give free tuition education have all stopped(since the taxpayers started complaining)... Education in the 21st century doesn't come cheap at all...

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nigerians and Africans will be shouting poor poor poor, poverty this poverty that, that's why they never improve... They're in the status quo, they feed themselves with the poverty mindset daily...

Yet they keep on having kids and over populating the country(world)... Most of the poor and jobless people I know have above 4 kids...in a few years, they'll begin to blame the church for not giving their kids free education...

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by HigherEd: 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
vineyardfarms:

Oh OK, I wish them success. Let us know when it is completed.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by vineyardfarms: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
SammieJayh:

Let's wait and see how it works...
Note that there are research based institutions, and learning based ones too(where they just teach you like the regular Nigerian university)

There are no free schools even in the USA, Canada or UK...you can only get merit based scholarships based on sports or high academic prowess...

Even the Schengen areas that used to give free tuition education have all stopped(since the taxpayers started complaining)... Education in the 21st century doesn't come cheap at all...

WITH MEN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, BUT WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. IF GOD CAN SUSTAINED SALVATION MINISTRIES FROM KG TO HIGH SCHOOL TUITION FREE, BOARDING FREE, FREE MEALS, AND WITH VOCATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP, OUR GOD WILL RAISE MEN AND WOMEN, EVEN LECTURERS WILL DONATE TIME.

PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES WILL SURVIVE IF THEY CHARGE LOWER TUITION THAN FEDERAL OR STATE UNIVERSITIES. THAT IS MY VIEW, AM ENTITLED TO VOICED MY OPINION. SORRY IF YOU ARE OFFENDED.
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
vineyardfarms:

WITH MEN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, BUT WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. IF GOD CAN SUSTAINED SALVATION MINISTRIES FROM KG TO HIGH SCHOOL TUITION FREE, BOARDING FREE, FREE MEALS, AND WITH VOCATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP, OUR GOD WILL RAISE MEN AND WOMEN, EVEN LECTURERS WILL DONATE TIME.

PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES WILL SURVIVE IF THEY CHARGE LOWER TUITION THAN FEDERAL OR STATE UNIVERSITIES. THAT IS MY VIEW, AM ENTITLED TO VOICED MY OPINION. SORRY IF YOU ARE OFFENDED.

Fine you have your opinion...your last paragraph is just so off...I'm awed...

Buh the lower tuition part got me crying... Like wtf!!!
Federal and state unis work on government subsidies and funding... + IGR...yet they are still useless...

CU hosts 6000 students..., when your multiply that by 50k...you get 300million naira...an amount that isn't even enough to supply a school with power and internet facility for a whole year...where will they pay lecturers from? Non teaching staffs too?

I'm quite sure a lab technician in some private schools earn more than so many lecturers in public schools...

So as much as your opinion is respected, it should also be logical...

With God all things are possible, but these aren't the days of Moses, Abraham or Jacob...
No person will dare to lay his son as a burnt offering...
No one is turning water to wine anytime soon...
No one is multiplying 5 loaves of bread and two fishes anytime soon...

That's simple logical reasoning....

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by vineyardfarms: 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
NIGERIA: PORT HARCOURT SALVATION MINISTRIES IS RIGHT ON THE WHEEL.

CHECK ORAL ROBERT UNIVERSITY: USA. POLICY! NO MEMBER CHILD LEFT BEHIND IN SPIRITUAL OR PHYSICAL.
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by HigherEd: 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
SammieJayh:

Yh...and the foreign missionaries had volunteers and funding...

Who's gonna volunteer in Nigeria? Where everyone is mapping the best for their future...

People will still be critics...even if Oyedepo makes CU free, people will still complain...

That's when you'll hear people say he's supposed to feed the students and give allowances...
Some will say it's too good to be true and he's using their destinies to prosper more...I fear Nigerians when it comes to theories...

Why I'm vexed is cz those who beat this issue mostly aren't Christians...but the dumb Christians still look for entitlements where there shouldn't be any...

You can't compare the cost of running a tertiary institution to what Pastor Ibiyeomie does(tho it's very commendable)

Those missionaries did those things when the population wasn't as dense as now...

Some countries give free education up to tertiary level, Nigeria doesn't...
So you can't expect all religious unis to be free..., besides they are cheaper than other secular unis...

Abuad collects at least 1.2m for engineering courses, whereas CU gets just about 900k... Landmark is just above 600k, it's even cheaper than Elizade university...
You clearly know the good institutions for engineering.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 11:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
HigherEd:

You clearly know the good institutions for engineering.

Yes, I want only the best for myself... cool

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by SammieJayh(m): 12:03am On Feb 08, 2018
vineyardfarms:
NIGERIA: PORT HARCOURT SALVATION MINISTRIES IS RIGHT ON THE WHEEL.

CHECK ORAL ROBERT UNIVERSITY: USA. POLICY! NO MEMBER CHILD LEFT BEHIND IN SPIRITUAL OR PHYSICAL.

The Oral Roberts stuff is an outreach program...just like DOF...

They can't admit all the kids of their members into the school, it's just not possible...schools have a maximum carrying capacity...

Even the governments of countries can't educate all their citizens for free...
In the USA, UK Canada and some other countries, there are financial aids which are payable with interests after school as soon as you get a job...yet you want chruches to give free education...

Whatever Salvation Ministry brings can't last the test of time...no one will tell them to start charging fees...
Even if they never pay tuition, it can't make as much strides as CU, LMU, Redeemers that are funded by tuitions, IGR and the church...

No one is entitled to free education(except from the government)...

Fight the government for free education(you and millions of other Nigerians are taxed compulsorily, VAT etc.) not the churches who are even trying to cover the shame of the government
Re: Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium by vineyardfarms: 12:53am On Feb 08, 2018
SALVATION MINISTRIES HAS COME TO STAY AND NO GATE OF HELL CAN PREVAIL AGAINST HER, NOT EVEN YOU. ANY PROJECT THAT CARRIES GODS IMAGE, BUILT ON HIS FOUNDATION WILL STAND THE TEST OF TIME.

YOU CANNOT BATTLE WITH THE LORD. HE STARTED IT. HE GOD KNOWS ITS ENDINGS FROM THE BEGGING.

COLGATE DIED OVER 100 YRS AGO, HIS LEGACY IS THERE, HE PAYS 90% AS TITHES, FOR MISSIONARY WORK, ETC, COLGATE TOOTH PASTE DID NOT DIE WITH THE FOUNDER. GOD HAS SUSTAINED ITS PRODUCTION TO DATE

I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR FREE TUITION, BUT AS A CHURCH, IT SHOULD BE LOWER THAN THE AVERAGE FEES, THAT IS FAITH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security / “you Changed My Life”: Oyinbo Man Gives Nigerian Student N159 Million, New Car / Lecturer Caught Pants Down With Married Woman In Asaba Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.