Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? (1691 Views)

Women Don't Date Men Below Their Financial, Social Class / Tell Us Exactly What Is Stopping You From Dating Someone Here / The Dangers Of Dating Outside Your Social Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by IpsumDolor: 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2018
My case could be a rhethorical one but I'mma go ahead and spill it.

My girlfriend (new) is considered to be from a ‘lower’ social class than me.
I'm fairly ok, and earn about 150K/mo; while she's relatively a very low income-earning entrepreneur (something my family constantly remind me)

Our way of dressing and talking is a bit different, we live in different social circles (friends) and I’m ‘more’ educated while she's a Secondary School Leaver. I get along perfectly with her family and friends but my friends and family aren’t as accepting of her.

I really really like her but sometimes I fear that the differences might be too much. Is it possible to have a relationship with someone who is considered to be from a different social class and damn the societal consequences?
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by taylor88(m): 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2018
Dangote's last daughter is very single and probably searching

Linda Ikeji just launched a TV show of N400m yesterday she's very single

What am i even saying, is Kenya not this one in our backyard, Obama two daughters are very much perfect for u considering ur high profile level

I hope ur parents will accept these ones

Or better still Virgin Marry is still active and young she can give birth to a female baby for u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Xinzu: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
If you really love her as you claim, you won't even take cognisance of these things talk more of considering it an issue worthy of public scrutiny.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
imagine a whole prince of england marrying meghan, not withstanding her family drama and divorce and age, oga u DONT LOVE HER,
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Pierohandsome: 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ordinary 150k a month and u think u already a big boy? U and ur family are suffering frm poverty mentality
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
So because you earn 150K,you decided to call God's creation 'low class'?

Please do everything within to break up with her cos I'm sure she don't know what a disgusting f00l she is wasting her time on.

I'm very sure this he-diot will be among those calling Trump a racist angry
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Cowbuoy: 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2018
Which mumu social class be that?? angry
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Hollasmall: 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2018
Pot dey call kettle black, so with ordinary 150k salary you think you're the one on the high class? Bro you're still in poverty
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by DaddyKross: 4:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
You dey earn 150k and you are talking about social class

Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by marvin904(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2018
make thunder fire your stupid mouth..
i thought you where earning millions.
so ordinary 150k you and your family are thinking highly of yourself..
wow poverty bad sha undecided undecided
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by sekxyqueen(f): 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2018
you are still growing. .and don't have the right to call someone low,,

haven't you heard of your mate earning 3-10million or evrn morethan that a month

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by lovingyouhun: 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2018
True love knows no bound
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by IpsumDolor: 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2018
Bulk of the replies I see here focus on how I referred to her as 'Low' or how much I earn rather than the highlight of the issue:

I apologize if you lot find the term 'Low' as derogatory. I didn't mean to look down on her but just as a way to describe the difference at the time.
Secondly, I'd want you lot to focus on the key issue here:

Is it possible to have a relationship with someone who is considered to be from a different social class and damn the societal consequences?

If you read closely, you'd have known that I love her despite her standard of living (I hope I don't get lashed out because of ' standard of living'). The crux of the matter is if I can go ahead and date her while ignoring what my family will say. While you ruminate on this, bear in mind that we find ourselves in a society where you just don't marry for yourself alone, but for a family-wide acceptability.

careytommy7:
So because you earn 150K,you decided to call God's creation 'low class'?

Please do everything within to break up with her cos I'm sure she don't know what a disgusting f00l she is wasting her time on.

I'm very sure this he-diot will be among those calling Trump a racist angry
Bros, It'd surprise you that I'm the one trying to ensure we don't break up despite her double-dating. undecided
Story for another day.

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by IpsumDolor: 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2018
Xinzu:
If you really love her as you claim, you won't even take cognisance of these things talk more of considering it an issue worthy of public scrutiny.
I do love her. My only worry is my ppl turning their back on me if I 'stubbornly' go ahead to date/marry her.
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
IpsumDolor:

Bulk of the replies I see here focus on how I referred to her as 'Low' or how much I earn rather than the highlight of the issue:

I apologize if you lot find the term 'Low' as derogatory. I didn't mean to look down on her but just as a way to describe the difference at the time.
Secondly, I'd want you lot to focus on the key issue here:

Is it possible to have a relationship with someone who is considered to be from a different social class and damn the societal consequences?

If you read closely, you'd have known that I love her despite her standard of living (I hope I don't get lashed out because of ' standard of living'). The crux of the matter is if I can go ahead and date her while ignoring what my family will say. While you ruminate on this, bear in mind that we find ourselves in a society where you just don't marry for yourself alone, but for a family-wide acceptability.

Bros, It'd surprise you that I'm the one trying to ensure we don't break up despite her double-dating . undecided
Story for another day.

I don't why the both of you are burying your heads in the sand. A failed relationship is better than a failed marriage.

Let her go!
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 05, 2018
To be truthful, I can not. It's not being proud but to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding and pull down syndrome.

2 Likes

Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by IpsumDolor: 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
To be truthful, I can not. It's not being proud but to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding and pull down syndrome.
Thanks for your understanding
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by ojodombe(m): 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
Uncle please rephrase the caption. Your caption underates her and is annoying. I bet you that should lady in question see this, she will not take it light with you. She just finished secondary school and still have better future.
When will people bury ego and live life simple. 150k monthly salary is not enough to make u classify her as "low social class". If you think that you have arrived and is stable at that salary, then the girl in question should be the one saying this because you have poverty mentality and you family is nurturing it too.
Bros think well
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by EOOJ(m): 5:31pm On Feb 05, 2018
Guy...i see no problem in dat. Afterall, its ur happiness. Why complicate issues na
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
just because you're earning 150 monthly somebody will not hear word again. dear you're not better than her, you're still struggling. that lady better not marry you because you're from a toxic family.
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Hybridz: 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
IpsumDolor:
My case could be a rhethorical one but I'mma go ahead and spill it.

My girlfriend (new) is considered to be from a ‘lower’ social class than me.
I'm fairly ok, and earn about 150K/mo; while she's relatively a very low income-earning entrepreneur (something my family constantly remind me)

Our way of dressing and talking is a bit different, we live in different social circles (friends) and I’m ‘more’ educated while she's a Secondary School Leaver. I get along perfectly with her family and friends but my friends and family aren’t as accepting of her.

I really really like her but sometimes I fear that the differences might be too much. Is it possible to have a relationship with someone who is considered to be from a different social class and damn the societal consequences?
If you really love her as you claimed,i would advice you let your family know how much you happy being with.Let those that care to listen,your friends inclusive know she is the lady you intend spending the rest of your of your lofe with and younaint gonna shift grounds on that decision no matter what.

PS:This stance must be taken wwhen you sure she is also ready to improve herself both educationally and biz-wise and your own unflinching support for her must not be questioned either.I WISH U ALL DA BEST

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Nobody: 1:18am On Feb 06, 2018
I don't think it is smart,different dreams,different ways of.achieving them et all,look for someone in your circle
Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 06, 2018
Hollasmall:
Pot dey call kettle black, so with ordinary 150k salary you think you're the one on the high class? Bro you're still in poverty

I tire o. 150K per month. If I talk now one yeye mod go ban me again lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dating Someone From A 'lower' Social Class? by Nobody: 3:16am On Feb 06, 2018
See your mouth tongue I was expecting at least 5million every week.. .......guy you still the inside poverty oooooh.abeg upgrade yourself before talking rubbish

(1) (Reply)

My Baby Momma Is Stressing Me Out! / Ladies And Their Way Of Reasoning / FINALLY [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.