Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,362 members, 7,846,564 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

He Is Not What I Though Him To Be - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Is Not What I Though Him To Be (699 Views)

Look What I Saw On Twitter (picture) / See What I Just Discovered From My Girlfriend..viewer Discretion Advise / Help Nlders Dis Is What I See In My Gf Inbox On Eskimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by egokanwa(f): 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2010
This is a story told to me by my friend and i thought it wise to share with Nairalanders but will need sincere contributions from only married people. She met a man in 2008 throgh chat and due to distance was able to meet the man in 2009 when she was transfered to the same location where the man recides. In 2009, the man proposed to her and in 2010, they began the plans for there marriage only for the man to tell her 2 weeks before her introduction that there has been a secret he has been keeping away from her because he loves her and wouldn't want to loose her. The secret is that he has 2 daughters from a girl he dated. she jilted him and they both seprated before he met my friend. She was too shocked to belive it because this man is just 33 yrs but it is true. Now her parents are waiting and she just doesnt know what to do as she cant come in terms with been a step mum to anybody. she loves him but, please only married people should contribute.
Re: He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by JJay2(m): 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2010
I'm not married.
Re: He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by SAGoddess: 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2010
Pity I am unmarried, have a lot to say, but will quickly go back to the ummarried corner and wait for replies,  cheesy
Re: He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by zeal500: 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2010
D choice is hers to make. No big deal in being a step mum, if she loves d guy n d fact dt he atleast let d cat out, then she has to accept it and be true to him.

If she's not okay with d arrangement she better fly cos marriage is a school without certificate and no awards given or gotten
Re: He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by egokanwa(f): 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2010
Tnks. Pls more contributions are appreciated
Re: He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by breathless(m): 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2010
2 daughters from same woman? I dont think dats was all done by mistake. One, could be excused, but 2? not too sure. I Give d guy kudos 4 sayin it at all, but d timing is quite crucial. Guess dats why she`s confused. With d level of exposure in our environment, I don`think she can cope wt 2 girls who will see her as "running" wt their mum even if she`s no longer wt d man. I suggest she slows down a little bit and cool off (not calling off now) Dat she jilted him is his own side of the story, have u heard from d other party so as ascertain wat went wrong? As far as u know, there`s no clear pix of wat actaully transpired. In future ur friend may av running battles wt d girls n their mum as they may form a tag team 2 make life unbearable. Truth be told, no woman wld give birth 4 another 2look after (except those who choose 2 abandon theirs)

My dear, marriage no b yam. It comes wt lots of sacrifices, compromise, tolerance, a shift from previously held views (may not b drastic) n some politics. I have a wife n 2 kids who all compete 4 attention. Balancing the act takes alot. Atimes my spouse will comment about my 2 n half yr daughter snuggling close 2 me n hw she seems 2 av her way wt me sometimes n me always harrasing my son of 1yr+.

Painful as it may sound, I suggest she takes an exit n let go. Better be pained now than av a battle field for a home. However, it could turn out good as well.
Re: He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by Fiobaby(f): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2010
@ poster, i suggest u take breathless' advice above.
Re: He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by Iranoladun(f): 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2010
The revelation of 2 girls from a "the lady he dated in the past" may just be a tip of the ice berg.

Tell your friend to ask the guy to give him time & space to sort out the emotional trauma of this sudden discovery prior to introduction.

From a married woman point of view and also someone with a step-daughter I'd advise your friend to conduct thorough investigation. She should tell her Parents or at least her mum to assist her in the investigation if she's truly in love with this man.

if possible she should seek out the woman and the 2 kids to find out;

1. If the woman has move on i.e. marry another man or is no longer interested in this man & marriage. 2 kids is not a joke or a mistake that can be wished away
2.Find out the true story of this union from relatives and friends of the man & the woman

This will enable your friend to ascertain whether to go ahead with the relationship and if yes what she's up against and if she has what it takes.

I wish her best of luck undecided
Re: He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
Hilarious.
Re: He Is Not What I Though Him To Be by 190: 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2010
im married should i contribute~

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Rate This Love / Did She Love Me / How Do U Manage your Intimacy With opposite gender !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.