Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,633 members, 7,958,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:45 AM

6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know (40310 Views)

FG Approves Abolition Of HND/BSC Dichotomy / List Of HND Courses In Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro / Nigeria Scraps Award Of HND Certificates By Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by millionboi2: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2018
Stop comparing HND to BSc
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Alezy(m): 7:25am On Feb 06, 2018
derespect:
Dey there dey give yourself false hope
no be give hope at all, its the truth he said. Who no go no know.
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by XaintJoel20: 7:26am On Feb 06, 2018
Who tell you dem no dey water hand to get admission into poly?

Dey deceive yourself...

1 Like

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Rootprof(m): 7:26am On Feb 06, 2018
In kwara state here please bury your points biko... Comparing kwara poly with Unilorin result is like comparing cat with lion

Sorry to say kp is only for money making ...over 900 students in a single class receiving lecture.. Chaiiii...this act is pure cheating not teaching ... How on earth can a single lecturer handle such number... All they know is to sell handout every semester for struggling students .. Peace

1 Like

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Alezy(m): 7:27am On Feb 06, 2018
efesodje:

Leave them cheesy

I will try not to contribute as I am trying hard not to be negative in Nairaland anymore smiley
ifbyou have graduated and seeking a good job u will know this OP is on point
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 06, 2018
bsc hnd doesnt matter so

1 Like

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 06, 2018
DankemzI:
7. You're a 4th class graduate with HND

Shithole reasoning.

1 Like

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by onenaija001(m): 7:29am On Feb 06, 2018
The GNLD COMPANY (Super Gro Fertilizer) that makes the Crop/Plants to grow very fast and not harmful in Nature. GNLD Crop products are made from Nature and its very effective. They are suitable for all Crop Farming
ADVANTAGES AND FUNCTIONS.
* It increases plant yield.
* It act as welting agent by increasing the rate at which water enters the soil.
* It promotes fertility, Reduce run-off and evaporation.
* Highly concentrated & economical product, A little drops goes a very long way.
*It is Bio-degraded, not harmful, non-toxic, non-flammable.
* A sticker, It has internal ability to absorb solar energy & gum it to the plant for maximum.
* It breaks the surface tension of water.
* It improves the absorption of nutrient.
* It does not affect the PH balance of the soil. Etc.

FOR HOME AND OFFICE DELIVERY ANY WHERE IN NIGERIA, CALL 07034601550, or whatsapp through this number 09059333929

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 06, 2018
Alezy:
[b] if you have graduated [/b]and seeking a good job u will know this OP is on point

I have a BSc and MBA by the way.

Let me educate you a little: Overseas (in the UK, US,France et al) the HND is highly sought after as most technological jobs are available for them, but right now we are talking about Nigeria. Sadly a country where nothing works. A country where even a BSc holder cannot get a good paying job after graduation. A country that discriminates against HND holders. I could go on and on.

Cheers smiley

4 Likes

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by chikago1: 7:31am On Feb 06, 2018
hisgrace090:
Productive countries values HND certificates.
shi*thole countries value unemployment and laziness.

1 Like

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Darey00(m): 7:32am On Feb 06, 2018
ur points are pathetic and sad, OP
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by maybachstarboy(m): 7:36am On Feb 06, 2018
I paid 61 as indigene while non indigene paid 83k #kwara poly

1 Like

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Dalek(m): 7:37am On Feb 06, 2018
i Have HND in Comp Sci, i applied for a job stating BSc as requirement. i beat 2 other Bsc guys during interview all because of my 1 year IT experience in a multinational company as IT support.

#HNDWith6FigureSalary grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Phinysmarty(f): 7:39am On Feb 06, 2018
STUDY ABROAD CONCEPTZ NIG. IN COLLABORATION WITH EMPIRE STUDY SERVICES GHANA /CHINA

Earn a full scholarship to study in China for;

*Bachelors programs
*Masters programs
*Doctorate programs

FOR MORE ENQUIRIES,
PLEASE CONTACT STUDY ABROAD CONCEPTZ NIG.
Contact/WhatsApp : +2348030629736
E-mail : Misysmarty@yahoo.com
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by QsAbdul: 7:40am On Feb 06, 2018
Oga ur number one point is not always so, I paid 21500 as school fees from 100lvl to 500lvl at ABU Zaria. till date ABU sch fees including accommodation is not up to 45k.

Also point 2, I was full employed with a consultancy firm right from 300lvl as a quantity surveying student with full salary.

For admission, 95% of the students of polytechnics are students that could not get admitted into a university. we have seen cases where student abondon their poly programs for university as soon as they secure admission. But have ever even in ur imagination seen any student that abondon a university program for poly.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by mirexxx(f): 7:41am On Feb 06, 2018
Felixalex:
OP.. When u born pikin advise am to go polytechnic u hear? grin cheesy

Only number 2 seems to make some sense, yet it is ND that has that advantage, NOT HND as the topic suggests... Buh still, ND takes two years then the normal mandatory 1year I.T (that's 3years) before u get the ND certificate, a university student shd already be in his final year by then (without strike; which polytechnics also experience anyway).. If it's HND you want to attain, someone who started university same time with u would be concluding NYSC by the time u are writing ur final exams in school.

Easier to gain admission:: grin ask kadpoly applicants

Jobs designed for ND/HND only:: yes because the employers do NOT want to pay more than maybe 40k as salary and funny enough, those are the kinds of jobs where u would be used from AM to PM even on weekends.

All certificates are equal:: tell a yabatech graduate that he is the same with a kaura namoda (zamfara) graduate...

I don tire to type, like I said before if u born pikin advise am to go poly. Bye bye
u mustn't conclude one year IT before getting ur statement of result o
same goes with d certificate
only that some polytechnics can delay it for no good reason
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Rigel95(m): 7:42am On Feb 06, 2018
Op all of points are bogus.

More like since bacon is all I eat then no other meat is better. I'll bet you would gladly take a university over a polytechnic if you could turn the hands of time.
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by dongalaxy(m): 7:44am On Feb 06, 2018
To many who said HND is forth class should know that my type has no access to it. Education is good irrespective of how it is attained.
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:45am On Feb 06, 2018
Even though, I don't like comparing the two. You made a good point, but many Polytechnics in Nigeria don't follow the objectives why they were established. Some polytechnics are admitting more than 1000 students for a course like SLT, 500 for computer science and different courses that are practically oriented.

When it comes to awarding scholarships in Nigeria and outside Nigeri, most scholarship boards don't recognise HND holders. It is something I have noticed.
The only thing that is common to Bsc and HND graduates in Nigeria is unemployment.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by AlexanderDGreat: 7:45am On Feb 06, 2018
I gained admission into YABATECH to read Civil Engineering. My dad said I shouldn't go. I thought he was being wicked. The following year I got admission for the same course in FUTO. Today that I'm working I realised the huge favour my dad did me.
HND holders can't be promoted beyond Grade Level 14 in the Civil Service while their BSc counterparts can get up to GL 17. This means HND holders can't be Directors talk less of being a Perm Sec. The highest HND holder in the service is forever junior to the lowest BSc holder. HND engineers are termed technologists while the uni counterparts are recognized as Engineers.
The Government should just abolish the polytechnics.

1 Like

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by OlujobaSamuel: 7:47am On Feb 06, 2018
op, e be like sey coke dey ur brain, the only edge you have is that employer wan take you to give you ssce level pay.
I attended fed poly ilaro, my fee is more expensive than that of oau and unilag as at then, next time think before you yarn dust abeg.
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by abimic(m): 7:49am On Feb 06, 2018
Crap, first of all, they both should be at same level but you chose to expose your favoritism, on no account should u have rated a HND higher than bsc, if u can't put them at par, let them be bikonu. Whichever, success is no respecter of your qualification, just be thoughtful, useful, take opportunities, meet people and work. Period!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Pharaoh001(f): 7:49am On Feb 06, 2018
Rootprof:
In kwara state here please bury your points biko... Comparing kwara poly with Unilorin result is like comparing cat with lion

Sorry to say kp is only for money making ...over 900 students in a single class receiving lecture.. Chaiiii...this act is pure cheating not teaching ... How on earth can a single lecturer handle such number... All they know is to sell handout every semester for struggling students .. Peace

900 is small now....mapoly masscom are over 6000. and 3000 per class(Steam A and B)
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by kadreeG7(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2018
Dalek:
i Have HND in Comp Sci, i applied for a job stating BSc as requirement. i beat 2 other Bsc guys during interview all because of my 1 year IT experience in a multinational company as IT support.

#HNDWith6FigureSalary grin grin

''I applied for a job stating BSc as requirement'' and u are HND holder.
continue!!
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by dododawa1: 7:54am On Feb 06, 2018
School school school school school school school school school job job job job job job job job job job
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 06, 2018
dayo2me:
You made valid points but your number 1 is out of it. Lots of Polytechnics Pay Above The Amount You Said. Kwara Poly, Delta State Poly etc. Students Pay above 70k.
dspz is about 60k but auchi is not up to since its a federal poly
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 06, 2018
Pharaoh001:

900 is small now....mapoly masscom are over 6000. and 3000 per class(Steam A and B)
hmm, oz bad but he nor reach so
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by israelmao(m): 7:59am On Feb 06, 2018
Easy admission indeed!
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Teewhynation1: 8:00am On Feb 06, 2018
i concur but Nigeria is certificate crazy its advisable to get bsc when u can
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by mceze(m): 8:01am On Feb 06, 2018
QsAbdul:
Oga ur number one point is not always so, I paid 21500 as school fees from 100lvl to 500lvl at ABU Zaria. till date ABU sch fees including accommodation is not up to 45k.

Also point 2, I was full employed with a consultancy firm right from 300lvl as a quantity surveying student with full salary.

For admission, 95% of the students of polytechnics are students that could not get admitted into a university. we have seen cases where student abondon their poly programs for university as soon as they secure admission. But have ever even in ur imagination seen any student that abondon a university program for poly.

Right on point bro!
Re: 6 Advantage Of HND Over BSC You Should Know by Localamos(m): 8:02am On Feb 06, 2018
Dapromzy333:
Here are the 6 reason why the polytechnic student have advantage over the university student:

all polytechnic graduates also have an edge when you consider some factors.

1. Affordable school fees: the average and common tuition fee charged by most of the polytechnic in Nigeria is less than N40,000. As such, polytechnic have make education affordable to all Nigerians Unlike the Varsity that some of them charge above N90,000 Some of this varsity are: Lasu, Unisoun, Ansu, Eksu, Aau And many other university.

2. Quick certificate : within 2 years, you can also be among the working class and some have succeeded with their National diploma ND certificate You don’t have to study for 5 years before you start earning salary with your certificate and this has been very
helpful, especially for those who have financial issues.

3. Change of study and environment: Yes, this is another benefit of polytechnic education.
You can decide to change your course of study after your national diploma if there any reason to do so. Moreso, you can run a national diploma programme in Lagos and continue your HND in another polytechnic in any part of Nigeria. You can also go further to study in the university in any prefer state.

4. Easy admission: Easily as it sound, polytechnic admission is
less competitive. There are some individual who have been running after university for over 5 to 6 year without any breakthrough.
Polytechnic have made admission easier, with one or two trials,
you will conquer the problem of admission.

5. Job opportunity: presently now, some job are design only for national diploma holder and Hnd holder and as such, there will be lesser competition for those with polytechnic Degree. In some industry, there will be specification that only Nd are
needed for a particular position which exclude BSC and HND
degree holder. You should also remember that to be Hnd result
holder, you must have ND certificate.

6. Equal Certificate: all things are been equal in the polytechnic…. all polytechnic result have the same value either private, northern, eastern or western polytechnic.
However the Varsity certificate are not equal and federal university certificate is more valuable and wanted to any
varsity certificate. Admission by Merits: Admission in some
university is by power, money, connection, intelligence and many other factors. You may have to pay a some of money before
you can be considered for admission in some university. However the polytechnic admission is by merit,
candidate that perform excellently will be offered admission regardless of the
course and the school. There is no room for Foul play in selection of
candidate.

https://www.solutionclass.com.ng/2018/02/6-advantage-of-hnd-over-bsc-you-should.html

lala

With this kind of parochial thinking, the Nigerian youth has lost it. Imagine none of your arguments even points to Future benefits. If you already have HND, my brother just go and buy Jamb form and started working towards a bsc.

That's my 2 Kobo for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Ever Had A Crush On Your Teacher? Confession / This Female UNIABUJA Undergraduate Is Missing!! Have You Seen Her? (Photos) / Pictures Only Medical Students Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.