Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Can You Date An Atheist? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date An Atheist? (4865 Views)

Is It Okay To Date An Ex-girlfriend’s Friend? / Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? / Would you date an atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Plolly(f): 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
FriendofGod:

You are not being truthful and you know it cheesy
I'm serious now I can only advice them I can't force them

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Plolly(f): 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
ibietela2:

I promise
lolz
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by ibietela2(m): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2018
Plolly:

lolz

Hello babe
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by FriendofGod: 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2018
Plolly:
Let me just let it go cheesy
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Plolly(f): 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
FriendofGod:

Let me just let it go cheesy
I'm darn serious
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Plolly(f): 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
ibietela2:

Hello babe
hello guy
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by FriendofGod: 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
Plolly:
I'm darn serious
Alright, sweetheart, I honestly want to believe you grin
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Plolly(f): 10:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
FriendofGod:

Alright, sweetheart, I honestly want to believe you grin
Na u sabi
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by FriendofGod: 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
Plolly:

Na u sabi

cheesy

Sweet dreams.
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Plolly(f): 10:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
FriendofGod:

cheesy
Sweet dreams.
Take care
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by ibietela2(m): 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
Plolly:

hello guy

How are you doing
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 4:16am On Feb 09, 2018
mrphysics:

Great. This is commendable. But most atheists always want to enforce their belief on people. I have one who is always ridiculing the Christian faith. One of the reasons I think most ladies won't take that option

Most atheists in real life live like everyone else, they don't go about arguing against religions or imaginary friends (read:gods)

Its infact Christianity that's built around enforcing their beliefs on people via evangelism and ridiculing other faiths at every opportunity

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 4:18am On Feb 09, 2018
Plolly:

I can if only he would agree to let me keep practicing my faith and beliefs and also not to enforce his faith and beliefs on the kids we good to go

So you want to be free to enforce your faith in the children both of you have but you won't want him to do the same?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 4:20am On Feb 09, 2018
Perspectives:

Its best to understand the reason why he/she is an atheist, there is always a reason.

Try and talk to him/her, if he is trying to ridicule other beliefs or just plainly attacking theists, then he is not a true atheist, that kind of person is only angry at other religions out of frustration, dissapointments or past sad experience. That's a ticking time bomb.

On the other hand, if an atheist can discuss with you with open mind i.e. like a philosopher. Then that is still safe, it means such person can flip to a theist with the right reasons.

One can be an atheist and still be angry at religions out of frustration, Dunno where you got the "True Atheist" from, although I do agree with almost everything else in your Post

5 Likes

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 4:24am On Feb 09, 2018
mrphysics:

I understand you.
I don't know if you have had a first hand dealing with them.

Most of them if not all of them will always want to ridicule your religion

Religions are meant to be ridiculed, Muslims ridicule Christianity and vice versa. infact all religions (especially god based ones) are all based on:

1. "We are right"

2. "Everyone else is wrong"

3. "We need to let them know they're wrong so they can join us and be saved"

8 Likes

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 4:28am On Feb 09, 2018
greiboy:
Atheist on nairaland and Nigeria are more of AntiChrist because they only target Christianity. They don't target Islam or other religions

Antichrist literally means “against Christ” and is variously defined as “adversary of Christ” or “opponent of Christ” and as a title or proper name for a specific individual who opposes and claims to be Christ

This is nonsense! Most atheists talk against Christianity more because they're mostly former Christians

Do you think the three atheist bloggers that were recently brutally murdered in Bangladesh were solely directing their attention at Christians (0.4% of the population)? Do you think India's numerous atheist and rationalist societies focus exclusively on Chirstianity and give Hinduism and Islam a pass?

6 Likes

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 4:30am On Feb 09, 2018
I can’t there’s something religion does in ones life that adds peace
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 4:41am On Feb 09, 2018
Plolly:

How do you draw the line between "advice" and "force"?

does taking them to church with you anytime you're going there an advice or force?

Does your teaching them how to pray and telling them a son of a Jewish carpenter died for their stealing candy an advice or force?

Does buying a bible for them to read and take to school, even reading it with them and explaining the meanings of verses advice or force?

BTW, if you regard any of those as "advice" and not "force" then you should see nothing wrong in

your atheist husband taking your kids to freethinkers meetings

your atheist husband telling the child that prayers are simply wishes and that the time the child is spending on praying to imaginary friends are better spent trying to achieve what he's praying for
Your atheist husband telling the kid that nobody died for his misdemeanors

your atheist husband buying your kids a copy of "god Delusion" by Richard Dawkins and "god is not great" by Christopher Hitchens etc and reading it with the kids while explaining it in a way that the kid would understand better

If you're very sincere with yourself you'll feel while yours Isn't "forcing", that of your husband doing the same thing about his own atheism actually looks like "Forcing", something about the husband doing the same methods you do just doesn't "feel right"

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 5:07am On Feb 09, 2018
solasoulmusic:
I can’t there’s something religion does in ones life that adds peace

what if the atheist in question already has peace and is peaceful to all and sundry?

4 Likes

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 6:22am On Feb 09, 2018
EOOJ:
For now e go hard oooi kos i never find my footing in d faith i believe in.... there is always a but though grin

and you regard your finding your footing in your faith very important?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Plolly(f): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

How do you draw the line between "advice" and "force"?

does taking them to church with you anytime you're going there an advice or force?

Does your teaching them how to pray and telling them a son of a Jewish carpenter died for their stealing candy an advice or force?

Does buying a bible for them to read and take to school, even reading it with them and explaining the meanings of verses advice or force?

BTW, if you regard any of those as "advice" and not "force" then you should see nothing wrong in

your atheist husband taking your kids to freethinkers meetings

your atheist husband telling the child that prayers are simply wishes and that the time the child is spending on praying to imaginary friends are better spent trying to achieve what he's praying for
Your atheist husband telling the kid that nobody died for his misdemeanors

your atheist husband buying your kids a copy of "god Delusion" by Richard Dawkins and "god is not great" by Christopher Hitchens etc and reading it with the kids while explaining it in a way that the kid would understand better

If you're very sincere with yourself you'll feel while yours Isn't "forcing", that of your husband doing the same thing about his own atheism actually looks like "Forcing", something about the husband doing the same methods you do just doesn't "feel right"
I did not say I won't allow them follow their dad for me to marry an atheist comes with many issues so if he allows them go to church with me fine but all will be cleared before marriage so as to understand ourselves

1 Like

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Plolly(f): 8:53am On Feb 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

So you want to be free to enforce your faith in the children both of you have but you won't want him to do the same?
where did I write I would enforce it on them
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Plolly(f): 8:53am On Feb 09, 2018
ibietela2:

How are you doing
I'm kul u
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

what if the atheist in question already has peace and is peaceful to all and sundry?

It will be hard bro atheists have a way of justifying wrong things and mocking and another thing is the doubt ... they will spread it to the young ones it disturbs the peace so they may have but can they spread that positive joy that comes from people who believe in the divine or will they gather and crucify?

When Man turned their back God helped me up will he understand that or will he join men to insult God
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by ibietela2(m): 9:37am On Feb 09, 2018
Plolly:

I'm kul u

Am fine also......hope i can send you PM?
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by EOOJ(m): 9:47am On Feb 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

and you regard your finding your footing in your faith very important?

Yes i do grin
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:55am On Feb 09, 2018
My last 2 relationships broke down because of my beliefs (or rather, my unbelief). Most painful was during my service year. I really did like that lady. grin Smart and funny and totally adorable.
She still couldn't deal with someone who was a skeptic. I once went out with her and her friends and they spent most of the time quizzing me on my unbelief. It sounded no different to them than telling them I was a Satanic cult devotee. I could just imagine when I wasn't in their presence, what they'd all be saying about me to her.

I meet a lot of skeptics and atheists online, but I've rarely ever met one in the real world in Nigeria. In my whole lifetime, only twice have I encountered people who identified as irreligious and they were both men. This means it's pretty much certain I'd have to get married to a religious person: and probably a devout one. What mortifies me is I might have to live a lie (which I already do with my parents) just so that all those ladies who desire "god-fearing men" won't flee immediately they encounter me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 09, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
My last 2 relationships broke down because of my beliefs (or rather, my unbelief). Most painful was during my service year. I really did like that lady. grin Smart and funny and totally adorable.
She still couldn't deal with someone who was a skeptic. I once went out with her and her friends and they spent most of the time quizzing me on my unbelief. It sounded no different to them than telling them I was a Satanic cult devotee. I could just imagine when I wasn't in their presence, what they'd all be saying about me to her.

I meet a lot of skeptics and atheists online, but I've rarely ever met one in the real world in Nigeria. In my whole lifetime, only twice have I encountered people who identified as irreligious and they were both men. This means it's pretty much certain I'd have to get married to a religious person: and probably a devout one. What mortifies me is I might have to live a lie (which I already do with my parents) just so that all those ladies who desire "god-fearing men" won't flee immediately they encounter me.

or maybe they won't flee. the bar is low for men. If my weird ass uncle can find someone to marry then..... and it's not as if he is rich.

it's a different ballgame for ladies tho
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

This is nonsense! Most atheists talk against Christianity more because they're mostly former Christians

Do you think the three atheist bloggers that were recently brutally murdered in Bangladesh were solely directing their attention at Christians (0.4% of the population)? Do you think India's numerous atheist and rationalist societies focus exclusively on Chirstianity and give Hinduism and Islam a pass?
bro, Your post has to be the most ridiculous counter I have ever seen on nairaland

I am sorry, but how does your post address my observations?

I clearly stated that atheist on naira land and Nigeria are Antichrist, you countered by giving me examples in India and other parts of Asia

How is that even related? Here is what I said for clarification

Atheist on nairaland and Nigeria are more of AntiChrist because they only target Christianity. They don't target Islam or other religions

You enabler on this forum, the CEO of nairaland gave Muslims the opportunity to protect their own threads by demanding people swear an oath before commenting, but allow every tom dick and harry to comment on Christian's thread.. Shouldn't that ring a bell in your head ?

Your daddy freeze or freezer is constantly picking fights with pastors, why he remains silent on the menace of boko haram and other jihad groups fighting in God's name

I think I have made myself clear enough
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
greiboy:
bro, Your post has to be the most ridiculous counter I have ever seen on nairaland

I am sorry, but how does your post address my observations?

I clearly stated that atheist on naira land and Nigeria are Antichrist, you countered by giving me examples in India and other parts of Asia

How is that even related? Here is what I said for clarification

You enabler on this forum, the CEO of nairaland gave Muslims the opportunity to protect their own threads by demanding people swear an oath before commenting, but allow every tom dick and harry to comment on Christian's thread.. Shouldn't that ring a bell in your head ?

Your daddy freeze or freezer is constantly picking fights with pastors, why he remains silent on the menace of boko haram and other jihad groups fighting in God's name

I think I have made myself clear enough

My post sensibly counters your point and explains why Nigerian atheists attack Christianity more than they do other religions

I used the fact that since most Nigerian atheists are exchristians they tend to attack what they left just like the Indian atheists would be seen as "AntiHindu" by Indian Hindus and Middle eastern atheists would be seen as "Anti Allah" by Muslims

Also Daddy Freeze has NEVER called himself an atheist, I dare you to bring up an evidence of him calling himself that

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
Plolly:

I did not say I won't allow them follow their dad for me to marry an atheist comes with many issues so if he allows them go to church with me fine but all will be cleared before marriage so as to understand ourselves

The key part of my question is how do you draw the line between advice and force?
Re: Can You Date An Atheist? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

My post sensibly counters your point and explains why Nigerian atheists attack Christianity more than they do other religions

I used the fact that since most Nigerian atheists are exchristians they tend to attack what they left just like the Indian atheists would be seen as "AntiHindu" by Indian Hindus and Middle eastern atheists would be seen as "Anti Allah" by Muslims

Also Daddy Freeze has NEVER called himself an atheist, I dare you to bring up an evidence of him calling himself that
Your post is ridiculous because according to national bureau of statistics, there are more Muslims than Christians in Nigeria. Nigeria as a country is even in some major global Islamic organization e.g. organization of the fastest growing Islamic nations

So your argument is dead on arrival, why not target Islam?

if daddy freeze says he is not a atheist but after Christianity and doesn't really have a religion, what about the CEO of nairaland? Why did he give Muslims special treatment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Lonely In America / Checkout This Revealing Outfit This Lady Wore, Hit Or Miss?: / Man Advises A Lady Against Showing Her Chest Shape (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.