Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,622 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy (23999 Views)

Pastor Igwe Ognonnaya Gets Car Gift After Obeying God & Sacrificed His Cars / Ekiti Election: Apostle Suleman Speaks On Failed Prophecy (video) / Dencia: "Devil Punish Pastor Adeboye For Asking Members To Donate N1bn" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On Apr 26
Nigerian Cleric Slams N500Million Suit On Church Member Who Demanded Return Of His Lexus SUV After Alleged Failed Prophecy

Dr. David Emmanuel Ovie, the Head Pastor and General Overseer of the God in Action Liberation Mission has slammed a five hundred million naira (N500 million) suit on one of his church members who demanded the return of his SUV from the church after an alleged failed prophecy.

SaharaReporters gathered the church member identified as Temitope Monday Diamond gave his Lexus RX330 to the church after a prophecy.

Temitope told SaharaReporters that the pastor of the church at Okuokoko in the Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State asked him to sacrifice his most precious property so that things could work well for him financially.

He said, "This pastor told me to sacrifice my most precious property so that things will be working well for me financially which I did by sacrificing my vehicle, Lexus RX330.

"After four months and things had not picked up as he said, my wife called him to know what was happening but he got angry and told me that my wife was rude and that he wanted to refund the money he got when he sold the vehicle - which is N4 million.

"We have been waiting for him to send the money since around December and January but he had refused to do so. We called and texted him but no response, we had to go to the church with a few friends and two soldiers who were not armed, just to accompany us (for security purposes).

"He called the youths of the community to beat us up before handing us over to Ebrumede police station. When we got there, we were detained. We later got bailed with N200,000 before the Divisional Police Officer could hear from us. The DPO called us to his office and we narrated everything to him as the pastor lied to him that we were kidnappers.

"The DPO judged the case in our favour and demanded that the car be refunded or he should pay the N4 million he made from selling the car. He agreed that he would be paying one million naira every week in February so that by month's end, he would finish paying the money.

"By the second week of March, he still hadn't paid a penny. Then the IPO in charge of the case called to tell us that the lawyer was pleading on his behalf and that he would be paying one million naira every month end. Then I got angry and said if he (the pastor) wanted to stress me over the money, he should return my car for breaching the agreement we had at the DPO's office.

"We later heard that he filed a suit against us at Orerokpe High Court. The court was to sit on Monday, April 15 but was adjourned to May 10.

"The lawsuit says he is suing us for N500 million for coming to his church with an army and that the car cannot be returned because it had been sold. And that we are using police from Asaba to threaten him and his members, which is false.”

However, in a court document obtained by SaharaReporters on Tuesday signed by one Ogedengbe, the Applicant (General Overseer) alleged that he was arrested and detained on January 21, which Temitope said was the same day he and his friends stormed the church to ask for the N4 million he had promised to send.

The respondents in the document are Temitope Monday Diamond as the 1st respondent; Divisional Police Officer, Ebrumede Police Station, Delta State as 2nd respondent and the Commissioner of Police in Delta State as 3rd respondent.

The relief sought by the applicant reads in part, "A declaration that the arrest and detention of the applicant on the 21st day of January, 2024 by officers of the 3rd Respondent attached to the office of the 2nd respondent at the behest of the 1st Respondent is a gross violation of the applicant right to personal liberty guaranteed under section 35 (1) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

"A declaration that the threatened arrest of the applicant by officers of the 3rd respondent at the instance of the 1st respondent over demand for the return of a car donation made to the God in Action Liberation Mission is a threatened violation of the applicant’s right to personal liberty guaranteed by section 33(1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).

"The sum of five hundred million naira (N500, 000,000.00 only as damages.”

When contacted by SaharaReporters to hear his version of the story, the cleric said, "What I can tell you is that the matter is in court. I charged the matter to court because they came into the church with thugs and started fighting me and trying to harm me.

“It was during a live service in the middle of a wedding; that was when my members started fighting them.

"They came with weapons; knife and battle axe. One of them came with a gun as I was told. We handed them over to the community chairman while he took them to the police station.”

When asked whether he was arrested and detained by the police on January 21 as claimed in the court document, he said, “My lawyer asked me not to answer any further questions.”

“I don't know what the constitution says, I only know the bible," he added.

SaharaReporters

SaharaReporters gathered the church member identified as Temitope Monday Diamond gave his Lexus RX330 to the church after a prophecy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by immortalcrown(m): 6:29pm On Apr 26
Loud!

On a moral ground, the cleric is a scammer using Christianity to operate.

On a legal basis, the foolish man that donated a car is not entitled to get a compensation for the car because the car donation was not backed up by any legal agreement.

159 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by ibechris(m): 6:40pm On Apr 26
Fake pastors every where.

I can't give tithe in a Nigerian church,never.

They are all thieves.

Those pastors saying without tithes u can't make heaven are baban la thieves.

Even if u see heaven as a man of God,I will not give u shishi...my reason is because u are working for God.

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by Alexlalax1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 26
Pastorpreneur, yahoo pastor, this are the people making Christianity look like sham. No matter how hard they try to tarnish our image, there are still true men of God propagating the word to every part of the world.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by meum: 6:44pm On Apr 26
Pastorpreneur

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by xristos(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26
Hahaha
Prophecy gon wrong

6 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by Beautifulday: 6:45pm On Apr 26
The fake pastor should be jailed. It is time to start jailing these scam pastors

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by CorrectionFLuid: 6:48pm On Apr 26
😂😂😂

Laugh wan tear my belle.

The punter became the punted, and then became the hunted.

If una like no give una self brain. Dey dash "men of God" money. Especially these pentecostals.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by 1Alex: 6:48pm On Apr 26
Lol
Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by GanagiBitrus: 6:48pm On Apr 26
That Church member has no case against the Pastor in a Court of Law.

7 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by truthhurts2: 6:48pm On Apr 26
Seriously, this fake men of God has really affected my relationship with God. Sometimes, I wonder if really all this things we doing like going to church, fervently praying, even looking up to the so called men of God really matters.
Different kinds of stories like fake miracles, scamming of church members, looting away the church funds and whatnot. I don't even no what to say again...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by SoNature(m): 6:48pm On Apr 26
I just couldn't stop laughing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by Chevrolet076(m): 6:49pm On Apr 26
Gullibility is what is making someone seek miracle or listening to prophecy.

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by Amotolongbo(f): 6:49pm On Apr 26
wonder shall never in naija

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by NewDea4: 6:49pm On Apr 26
OLAADEGBU:

Most of these pastors are criminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by nedekid: 6:49pm On Apr 26
How can you see a pastor wearing such flashy looking big fake gold watch and not know he is a guyman? I can bet he is wearing white pointed shoes too. Lol

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by Kingrshd3: 6:50pm On Apr 26
Hh
Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by Zeezenho: 6:50pm On Apr 26
Chai pastor ran to worldly court instead of handing over The matter to God.

6 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by maxiuc(m): 6:50pm On Apr 26
cheesy
Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by daygee12: 6:51pm On Apr 26
One fake Righteousness2 will come here with lamba

1 Like

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by dkidd: 6:51pm On Apr 26
When ur a fool u get used. Why some people just live like I'mbeciles. They want to marry u consult pastor, u want eat u call pastor, u want to start business u call Pastor, u want to marry u still consult pastor, u want to have kids u still consult, even the school to put ur kids u fools will still consult the pastor. It's why these fake MOGs use and abuse them and even sleep with their wives as consolation prize. Just imagine the mumu talk. God give u head and brains inside even the Bible is there to read and pray by urself with ur useless head but no na pastor go pray and fast for una. I pray u never see the car or the money again idiots

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by brightovio007(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26
Seek to know God yourself. May God grace save us

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by BlackDuke(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26
Things are happening o shocked
Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by BodePolScience: 6:52pm On Apr 26
I don't blame the pastor, I only blame the adult man with brain who fell for the scam of the pastor.

5 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by Gkay1(m): 6:52pm On Apr 26
Otilo
Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by theophorus(m): 6:53pm On Apr 26
The Price you pay for not Studying your Bible to know a Scammer disguise as a Pastor.

You want to listen to a Pastor who is a Burna-Boy abi David styled and you think, that one no be guyman.

You go dey listen to sweet-talkers instead of Bible Preachers, na you know ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by yemmit90: 6:53pm On Apr 26
I fear anything called themselves pastor, Alfa/imam( those ones no kuku send you before), and native doctors than anything roaming the earth. Once you tell me you are a man of God, I immediately activate my six senses in dealing with you.

Aside the fact that religions gives unrealistic hopes/expectations, which sometimes creates happiness in believers, I don't see anything beneficial about it to humanity.

4 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by sylve11: 6:54pm On Apr 26
While there are true prophets and prophesies, 80% of the self acclaimed prophets and prophesies are npthing but scams. sad cool

7 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by maxiuc(m): 6:54pm On Apr 26
grin
this kind pastor na dem dey follow crucify pastor Abel Damina

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by apostle96: 6:54pm On Apr 26
Hmmm
Dis matter e get as e be ni o
Simpleton is not only on women matter.. somebody can be an all-round simp
Simps must learn even in the hard way

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Sues Member For Asking Return Of Car Gift After Failed Prophecy by atiku4President(m): 6:54pm On Apr 26
Did the cleric give Temitope the timeline when she would blow? Temitope should keep hope alive and stop disturbing the man of God.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye In Enugu, Received By Governor Ugwuanyi / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Takes COVID-19 Vaccine (Pictures) / Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.