Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? (23831 Views)

6 Great Men Of God In The Bible Who Had Sidechicks. / If You Had The Opportunity To Meet Someone In The Bible, Who Would It Be? / Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Sofrosh(f): 10:04am On Feb 11, 2018
FriendofGod:

Misconception!!! Jesus did not descend from David.

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. [2] Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren; [3] And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram; [4] And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon; [5] And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; [6] And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias; [7] And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa; [8] And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias; [9] And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias; [10] And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias; [11] And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon: [12] And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel; [13] And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor; [14] And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud; [15] And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; [16] And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

3 Likes

Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by afamaustin(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2018
I will choose john d baptism the forerunner of Jesus Christ
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Bullhari007(m): 10:05am On Feb 11, 2018
Jezebel grin cheesy tongue
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by owowa145(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2018
plerry:
God's mercies might be unlimited but he is always truthful in judgment, many people forget the repercussion of the killing of uriah..it is recorded that David's son not only raped his own step sister, his son absalom killed abner the rapist at a party and his brothers, David the greatest warrior king was rebelled against and forced to leave his own city by his sons, until joab the war general killed the rebels, the first son beget by Bathsheba the main reason for this problem died and many also forget the recorded conspiracy that was perpetrated by Bathsheba and joab to install Solomon as the king of Jerusalem then israel..the sword never left the house of David because for every deed there is a consequence even if God's mercies doth prevail
Ur account has been so accurate but I will have to object u on the conspiracy part. The case of Bathsheba was synonyms to that of Isaac's wife (Rebecca). David initially promised her son the throne, and she had to work on it. So was Rebecca, God told her Jacob was the greater one, and she also had to work on it. That is how women act, when they feel their right could be taken away from them.

1 Like

Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by DiabloGato: 10:07am On Feb 11, 2018
Elijah and Elisha

1 Like

Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by correctguy101(m): 10:11am On Feb 11, 2018
owowa145:

Israelites are not whites pls. And by biblical account, be it black, white, red whatever. We all descendants of Abraham . So why being a bigot about it.

Sometimes most Africans don't realize they're "self hating"...

There's a word for almost anything and any possible position anyone takes.
You accuse me of bigotry cos I'm telling you about the obvious? Are you guys not seeing this already?

You guys speak like Abraham was the only one in the world back then, hence your claims. Abraham was a Babylonian from Ur who went to a foreign country buy lands until his descents started fighting for more space and claiming what wasn't theirs (I have no problem with that, the land belongs to the strong and his descents were tough people)

The bolded tells me I shouldn't continue with this with you. Since your only source is the Bible. I'm sure I know much in the Bible too but just stop limiting yourself. Go online or libraries and get books on any issue that interests you. Don't believe one book, or even ten books. Believe your deduction after reading all ten books.

my one Kobo baby boss.

1 Like

Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Sainterasmus: 10:12am On Feb 11, 2018
I will choose JESUS CHRIST.. He's the greatest of all
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by PataAlhaja(m): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2018
Mary Magdalene

I'll like to find out if Jesus truly fuccked her ...
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by niggi4life(m): 10:16am On Feb 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
Nicolas was a man who prophesied our technology while the Christians were busy prophesying end of the world many years ago. He was hated for prophesying technology because the Christians of those days didn't see it coming.
Guy, you are being mistaken for Nikola Tesla
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Ajadiboye(m): 10:17am On Feb 11, 2018
Mary Magdalene, or Elijah the Tishbite, inhabitant of Gilead.
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by difference5050: 10:18am On Feb 11, 2018
David
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Kaycee7(m): 10:19am On Feb 11, 2018
Any of the apostles. I want to know how they made the decision to leave their past lives and goals to follow a carpenter who, at the time, must have seemed weird to commoners

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by johnbenson541: 10:19am On Feb 11, 2018
Alexander the coppersmith
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by honeyjoyce(f): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2018
King Solomon kissI will beg him to give me just 20% of his wealth and wisdom grin grin
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by agog: 10:21am On Feb 11, 2018
Abraham. A blessed man, father of many nation and God's friend.
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by correctguy101(m): 10:23am On Feb 11, 2018
Sofrosh:

Nigga, I don't take shit wen someone talks trash about my Mom....
Be warn angry angry

My goodness, I hate words....

I'm not talking about your mum asin your mother.... I'm talking about a mummy...... An Egyptian mummy.... good lawd I hate words..

You spoke about Cleopatra, she's Egyptian and I spoke in line that you'll be stored in a Mummy soon prepared....

I'll be the last to speak I'll of anyone's mother, I don't take it when anyone dares mine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by eliadekx(m): 10:29am On Feb 11, 2018
Epiphanus20:
IF YOU ASKED TO SPEND A DAY WITH ONE PERSON IN BIBLE WHO WILL YOU CHOOSE
MINE IS KING SOLOMON, it's just for fun.

Jada the guy sold the holy boy
Is my roll model all de way so

I can study how to sell buhari
To crocodiles in river Benue

1 Like

Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Chrisjordan2015(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2018
Adam. To warn him against Eve and all these senseless suffering awaiting subsequent generations abeg.

If possible to form tag team to tie eve up and to machete down that tree cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by aureen: 10:34am On Feb 11, 2018
My mother alway say that God heard the silent prayer of Nehemiah.

My answer is Nehemiah.
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by menix(m): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2018
Delilah..
I need those pounding she gave Samson that Made him loose his senses...
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Barristergreen(m): 10:35am On Feb 11, 2018
Epiphanus20:
IF YOU ASKED TO SPEND A DAY WITH ONE PERSON IN BIBLE WHO WILL YOU CHOOSE
MINE IS KING SOLOMON, it's just for fun.

Ur head get oil my G.....
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Donpoker9(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2018
Wife of potiphar
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Barristergreen(m): 10:37am On Feb 11, 2018
ZaraGift:
Pharaoh

I love ur reasoning wella na only two people I Don see here so far wain sabi.
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Imustreturn(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2018
king solo for sure
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Jaydenjohnson(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2018
David that guy na bad guy.....
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by shaykhalislaam(m): 10:42am On Feb 11, 2018
The True Religion of God

Which Is The True Religion Of God?

Each person is born in a circumstance which is not of his own choosing.

The religion of his family or the ideology of the state is thrust upon him from the very beginning of his existence in this world.

By the time he reaches his teens, he is usually fully brain-washed into believing that the beliefs of his particular society are the correct beliefs that everyone should have.

However, when some people mature and are exposed to other belief- systems, they begin to question the validity of their own beliefs.

The seekers of truth often reach a point of confusion upon realizing that each and every religion, sect, ideology and philosophy claims to be the one and only correct way for man.

Indeed, they all encourage people to do good.

So, which one is right?

They cannot all be right since each claims all others are wrong.

Then how does the seeker of truth choose the right way?

God gave us all minds and intellects to enable us to make this crucial decision.

It is the most important decision in the life of a human being.

Upon it depends his future, Consequently, each and every one of us must examine dispassionately the evidence presented and choose what appears to be right until further evidence arises.

Like every other religion or philosophy, Islam also claims to be the one and only true way to God.

In this respect it is no different from other systems.

This work intends to provide some evidence for the validity of that claim.

However, it must always be kept in mind that one can only determine the true path by putting aside emotions and prejudices, which often blind us to reality.

Then, and only then, will we be able to use our God-given intelligence and make a rational and correct decision.

There are several arguments, which may be advanced to support Islam's claim to be the true religion of God.

The following are only three of the most obvious.

The first argument is based on the divine origin of the names of the religion and the comprehensiveness of its meaning.

The second deals with the unique and uncomplicated teachings concerning the relationship between God, man, and creation.

The third argument derives from the fact that Islam is universally attainable by all men at all times.

These are the three basic components of what logic and reason dictate necessary for a religion to be considered the true religion of God.

The following pages will develop these concepts in some detail.
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Spidermon: 10:43am On Feb 11, 2018
Solomon by a very long shot.

I never see yahoo boy wey ball reach am
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by JastSiryin(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2018
Solomon...why?...cuz he was the wisest, and besides the dude had game...Would've loved to learn a tin or two from him in that regard.
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Perge(m): 10:46am On Feb 11, 2018
prodiG:
Was she really a harlot? shocked
Yep, according to the Bible
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by erosimo(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2018
iamgenius:
Melchizedek of course, because he's greater than Jesus of the Cross.
Explanation on this bro if you can
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by kilokeys(m): 10:48am On Feb 11, 2018
Solomon o... I need bar and chics
Re: If You Asked To Spend A Day With One Person In Bible Who Will You Choose? by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2018
lovelygurl:
The devil. I'm curious about his own story. We only know one
Same here. The one we know is even one sided set.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2022: Primate Ayodele Releases Prophecies, Says Presidential Jet Will Crash / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? / RCCG To Build New Camp Auditorium Along Lagos-Ibadan Express way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.