Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:45 AM

Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? (28063 Views)

Who Should Be More Excited On A Wedding Day, Bride Or Groom? (Video, Photo) / Men Wise Up, Marriage Favours Women More (photos) / Why Are Women Crazy About Tall Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Toks2008(m): 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
The man and woman are both excited infact the guy is more excited most times just that the ladies love the funfair more which makes it look as if they are more excited...so simply put...men are more excited about the marriage whilst women are more excited about the wedding ceremony.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by penguinpikin: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
is it so easy to have a personal dick you can always call on when you are Hot ni? women want that thing called adventure. nobody wan sidon for him mama house tey na. that freedom is what they are happy for.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by frozen70(f): 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
It's because marriage belongs to women, it's their own domen

They understand marriage more than men
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by niyidenrele: 12:26pm On Sep 26, 2019
JoyceMeyersFan:
Hope they know they are the ones who will
`become pregnant and old
`have a lot of emotions with no one to share with because men aren't interested in emotional talks
`not make any major decision, career-business-personal, without first considering the home and kids, while the man is carefree, focusing on his dreams and pursuing it with all he has got.
`take care of the home and kids with no one appreciating and the man expecting to be appreciated because it appears he is the one slaving for the family.
`ask for money you won't spend on yourself but on the home, while you have lots of needs that you can't mention
`get blamed when the man cheats, when he doesn't have money to give his relations
`get blamed when there are no kids, when the kids are misbehaving or not well kept
`YOU CAN ADD YOURS
....I read about a research,about marriage and dating,that says ,80% of very caring husband will cheat if chances comes up ,while 80% of wife beaters ,will not do same ,when same chances come knocking at them ...or this word of inspiration,that change is constant,it's just opportunity and chances , before you know that we all gat our prices

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by EmekaBlue(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
money responsibility freedom for women

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Sierusvirus(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2019
JoyceMeyersFan:
`become pregnant and old
`have a lot of emotions with no one to share with because men aren't interested in emotional talks
`not make any major decision, career-business-personal, without first considering the home and kids, while the man is carefree, focusing on his dreams and pursuing it with all he has got.
`take care of the home and kids with no one appreciating and the man expecting to be appreciated because it appears he is the one slaving for the family.
`ask for money you won't spend on yourself but on the home, while you have lots of needs that you can't mention
`get blamed when the man cheats, when he doesn't have money to give his relations
`get blamed when there are no kids, when the kids are misbehaving or not well kept
`YOU CAN ADD YOURS
**You forgot to add....
- Men get blamed when women or wives cheat.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
QueenSuccubus:

grin

Im reading it thru & thru but my culture is different babe, so i can't relate to Nigerian marriage set up tongue
y answerin such name succubus. Itz strange..
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
Men are also excited but surprisingly more nervous.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by cigaricon(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
I don't know if I'd be speaking for a minority, but the thing is that women romanticise caring for others by default.

And then when a woman loves a man, she begins to feel like she can't live without him... she wants to have children with him. She wants to love him and love his family... to care for him, to nurture a home and not feel like she's making wrong emotional and psychological investments. That's the point where she begins to crave marriage.

you sure are speaking for a minority. Most women only care about themselves whereas pretending and making it look like they care for you as well.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Kazeemakeem(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
JoyceMeyersFan:

And what about women who marry financially incapacitated men and continue labouring to feed the man and raise kids?

humm i dont pray for such
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by gesoilo(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
They are? I don't behoove it. :-)
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Kazeemakeem(m): 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
theButterfly:
Men are also excited but surprisingly more nervous.

not easy
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Kazeemakeem(m): 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
JoyceMeyersFan:
`become pregnant and old
`YOU CAN ADD YOURS

ladies wont understand what we go tru
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
It's not all Biko
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by mimilogs: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Men are excited about marriage too oh, especially the thought of having your own legal babies, those lovely creatures that will be talking talking dardar tahtah, ah marriage is exciting once kids start rolling in kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by DeRay98(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ephaig:

I can relate with this. I was shocked when my babe, the girl I want to marry o, told me that her very good friend said I love her too much and because of that I won't be able to handle her. According to this friend, they expect guys to be authoritative, emotionless most of the time, rigid and stubborn. I just hope they are very few that share this view. And the girl in question is around 30 years.

Are so right about this but Naija girls will always deny it but that's their desire. That's why they disrespect nice and easy going guys who respect them too much.
They see such as predictable and soft handed and undesirable.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by MiseryHimself: 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
frozen70:
Marriage is meant for both male and female but it belongs to women by default

I am curious, why did you say this, ma.
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Kingjames(m): 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
they have finally met who will take all their reponsibilities
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
Because women don't think or worry about house rent, feeding money, and general family and housekeeping expenses.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by sparko1(m): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2019
dasparrow:

I agree. Society has no room for extroverts unfortunately and most Nigerian marriages are scam. This is why even with all the marrying Nigerians do, they still can't raise Godly and productive members of society and the world at large. The average Nigerian parents end up raising future cultists, pedophiles, rapists, prostitutes who take their trade to Italy, drug trafickers, online scammers, ritualists, runs girls, thieving politicians, etc.

Can't you see there is something wrong with that picture? So much marrying going on amongst Nigerians yet Nigerians have such bad reputation home and abroad.

You mean Introvert right?
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by DeRay98(m): 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
crismark:

d ones dat re successful dnt see marriage as a priority but d ones dat dnt want to do anything keep shouting marriage up nd down...

by d way i dnt say go nd marry to successful lady, i believe dey re smart nd matured enuf to knw wat dey want....dats wat made dem successful in d first place

But when old age comes and their priorities change, career success is no longer a sufficient consolation. Loneliness comes slowly like a thief and they start to discover that all most of their girl gang have left for marriage and no longer interested in weekly hangouts, old gang members are revelling in motherhood and talking their experience with hubby and babies etc. Suddenly, silent cries occupies them in their private home. All their toasters have disappeared into marriages and no longer interested in babes except of course for a fling because she's lonely and desperately needs a man's muscular touch.
That's when go secretly date marriage men because they don't want insults from small small boys...

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Newbreed2018: 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
JoyceMeyersFan:

Marriage is indeed over rated.
No doubt u have outlived ur youthfulness.
Sorry time passed u bye thereby rendering u an evenning newspaper.
We understand ur frustrations of being unmarried.
Pele

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by donogaga(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2019
Becoming a wife is very easy, but maintaining the position requires great wisdom and humility.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by GindoX(m): 1:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
A guarantee preek to cuddle for a life time grin
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
JoyceMeyersFan:

Marriage is indeed over rated.

It's not really. It's the best thing that ever happened in some people's life. I meant people that i know very well. If you see a failing marriage, let them seek GOOD counsel.
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2019

My brother whether before or inside marriage, I'm yet to see a girl who don't depend on friends for advice. D problem is d friends they run too in hard times; themselves have fish brain. Those friends don't give them a focused advice, instead they give dem advice borne out of vengeance and reacting from a short foresight.(most girls don't think far ahead) and the outcome is usually serious gbege!

but is anyone who doesn't seek advice from others both men and women ? let's not be too chauvinistic here
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
PM noosepaper comes to mind grin

Newbreed2018:
No doubt u have outlived ur youthfulness.
Sorry time passed u bye thereby rendering u an evenning newspaper.
We understand ur frustrations of being unmarried.
Pele
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Jesuspikin8: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ephaig:

I can relate with this. I was shocked when my babe, the girl I want to marry o, told me that her very good friend said I love her too much and because of that I won't be able to handle her. According to this friend, they expect guys to be authoritative, emotionless most of the time, rigid and stubborn. I just hope they are very few that share this view. And the girl in question is around 30 years.
Cc: ubunja grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Okoroawusa: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
Ephaig:

30 years?

You no sand her slap make she wake up from sleep?
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by frozen70(f): 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
MiseryHimself:

I am curious, why did you say this, ma.

Thanks for the question

If you can look very well, in marriage, women run the home even if its the man or woman that is the bread winner

Children are given birth by women despite the men pregnanting them, but those children are more to their mum than dad because she understands them and always around with them

In a normal African family, the wife's family frequent their house more than the man's family

A man seeks for a wife to marry, marry her and she takes over the home, women are resilience and multi tasking more that men, especially in home front
Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by stevups(m): 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmmm. I think im liking you the more. Truth is I love emotional women. But on d contrary Naija women expects all men to have action and be rocky. No room/respect for emotional men and its such men dat can understand emotional women. And believe me one way u can know such men is theyre shy and timid when they see girls they love. But no girl likes such a man. All girls expect a superbold man who can do d do and talk d talk at all times, so such men keep to themselves

Secondly i think our culture is d major reason. In nigerian culture, theres no room for emotional people at all. Everybody respect extroverts, no much respect for introverts. And even if a girl sees a man dat appeals to her, she cannot toast him until he takes d first move which he may never take. Besides, marriage is over rated in nigeria.
you are highly intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Because they will spend nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pls, How Can A Rich, Young And Handsome Guy Find True Love? / My Fiancée Is Pregnant / I Don't Mind Being A Second Wife (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.