Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? (9901 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Be Part Of The Team: Do You Have The Cooking Skills And Passion 4 Nigerian Foods / A Picture Of A Snake Soup In A Pot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Kennyblues(m): 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2010
I did, you did, everybody did; except you did not grow up in a face me i face you apartment
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by nellaluv(f): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2010
It's not called stealing, its called tapping tongue .
It's not meat i tap, it's plantain grin
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by nellaluv(f): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2010
It's not called stealing, its called tapping tongue .
It's not meat i tap, it's fried plantain grin
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Iyineda(m): 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2010
How this topic made it to the home page bewilders me to unfathomable depths.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by unclebros: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2010
I love this thread!

I can remember the last time i ever stole in my life, i was in SS2 then way back in 1990 (I guess).

My mum (blessed memory) told me to warm the soup, I thought i was alone in the kitchen and the meat really looked good, so with the spoon i just lifted the meat and straight into my mouth, just before i landed the meat in my mouth, I just heard my name (I can still hear it the way she called it then) My mum standing by the kitchen door. I felt like the ground should open and swallow me.

I returned the soup and was so ashamed to look into her eyes for weeks. She didn't tell anyone, didnt even discuss it with me and that was the last time I ever stole anything from anyone.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by jot01(m): 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2010
At Everyone, we have all done it before.
The one me and My Brother use to do is when our Mom say, Go and take Soup yourself,
We hide 2 Meats under the Rice and Put one small one Ontop and my lovely mom will say , why did you take the smallest Meat, go and take another one Join it. Automatically we eat 4 meats at a go, lol Hahahahahaa

Thats my own experience tho,

Does this make sense or make i speak Yoruba, lol

Cheers everyone

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Jarus(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2010
Been there
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Jarus(m): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2010
unclebros:

I love this thread!

I can remember the last time i ever stole in my life, i was in SS2 then way back in 1990 (I guess).
My mum (blessed memory) told me to warm the soup, I thought i was alone in the kitchen and the meat really looked good, so with the spoon i just lifted the meat and straight into my mouth, just before i landed the meat in my mouth, I just heard my name (I can still hear it the way she called it then) My mum standing by the kitchen door. I felt like the ground should open and swallow me.

I returned the soup and was so ashamed to look into her eyes for weeks. She didn't tell anyone, didnt even discuss it with me and that was the last time I ever stole anything from anyone.
SSS 2 in 1990? Iba o
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Skirtel: 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2010
I guess at a point in life, we all do naughty things. So, what's the big deal?
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by MissyB1(m): 2:08pm On Jul 16, 2010
Good ol' Dayz! grin
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Rastamann: 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2010
It was part of the norms for growing up days back.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by DoubleN(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2010
Jarus:

SSS 2 in 1990? Iba o
Same thing i thought,my guy is a real UncleBros!! grin grin
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by imagemate(f): 2:30pm On Jul 16, 2010
i like this topic. I Remember one of my friend who her father caught doing it said "papa i want taste whether salt dey for the soup"
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Yemtal: 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
this is applicable to everybody, there is surely sumtin you like to do without the consent of the parents, things like taking meat from the pot e.t.c
but come to think of it, do we call that stealing? i will rather say am taking meat from my mothercooking pot.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by mikeoscar: 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2010
There's no reason for me to steal from the Cooking Pot when it's my house.

i bet u did

That's exactly what mama-gee just said, you know her with words na abi? grin tongue
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by blank(f): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2010
My husband still does. lol
He will enter the kitchen to gist with me and by the time he leaves, i start lookin 4 d chicken laps or prawns.
At first i used to ask why don't u just take it why do u av to sneak it out?
He told me dat its sweeter dat way. grin grin
Now, i just add extra 2 wateva i want to cook.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Yemtal: 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2010
at least by so doing, you have it at the back your mind that there will still be enough for the rest of the family after any formalised stealing!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by deluxegas(m): 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2010
Hehe! I never stayed away from a pot of vegetable soup. I always had my curved spoon handy. Lol
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by idifu(m): 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2010
yes
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by MissyB1(m): 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2010
blank:

My husband still does. lol
He will enter the kitchen to gist with me and by the time he leaves, i start lookin 4 d chicken laps or prawns.
At first i used to ask why don't u just take it why do u av to sneak it out?
He told me dat its sweeter dat way.  grin grin
Now, i just add extra 2 wateva i want to cook.

Lol!!!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by vishnu2: 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2010
I cant help reminiscing my childhood experience when i saw this thread. It has thoroughly succeeded in reminding me where i came from and who i was back in those days lol. I could remember sneaking out of my bed when everybody had gone to bed and crept to the kitchen and do what i knew how to do best (Touch and follow)lol especially whenever mum cooked a fresh egusi soup. The sorry part of it is that i was caught one night with my hand right inside the soup pot, i really wished the floor would open and swallow me that day cos i received the greatest beating of my life at that time.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by 2sleek2NV(m): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2010
still DO!
my siblings and i call it CHEMISTRY. while clean the meat before cooking, we cut out small pieces (as many as possible) that makes it easy to identify in d pot. mum is SO aware of it, its also easy to pick when d frying is going on cos u know u are only allowed to pick the small ones.
but greed sets in and we pick d big ones
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by rubi(f): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
It might not be call stealing but it is a bad habit b/c I know of some one who takes the mothers
meat from the cooking pot when she grew up and got married before she will finish cooking the whole meat in the pot has disappeared in her stomach cry sad sad
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by denony(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2010
who said he didn't?

I did till the last day of my secondary school
I am always calculative that even if the meat was counted before cooking
there is a possible way i can still get some.

But i was caught in one occassion, though that does not stop the experiment
ITS CALLED EXPERIMENTING THE POT OF SOUP
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by kehneah: 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2010
fuuny enuf,i neva stole from my moms pot.the idea neva even came to my head.if its to finish all the beverage in the ouse,that i did
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by babaowo: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2010
well for me ,am the only son in the family
and my mum like me to be with her in the
kitchen ,so she ask me to taste 1st before
anybody,so any time i just open pot and
start tasting till today,and funny story is
my wife hate tasting while cooking and i
told her my mum make me good taster.
so am i a thief?
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Pappij: 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2010
Ha, i remember those days with nostalgia, my elder sister caught me once, and since then i became her unofficial maid, from washing of dirty clothes to passing notes to her bfriends then,

No be small thing, i continued, although now, no be stealing sha, since na me drop d money for d soup, lol
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2010
Yeah. . I did it once from a neighbour's pot and i was caught.didnt feel bad sha cuz i was really young then. .
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by ud4u: 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2010
thief dey your blood
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Fhemmmy: 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2010
That would be suicidal
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Redman44(m): 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2010
I am not innocent when it comes to some crazy things I did when I was young. Yeah, I stole from the Cooking pot several times. I was fond of Egusi and Vegetable soups. I was never caught and there was a day someone else was whipped for a raid I carried out on a freshly cooked Pot of Ogbono soup. I still feel guilty today for that incident. However, one of my relatives that stayed with us for sometime was really artful in stealing food from our big kitchen sad sad sad The boy operated like a spirit and was very fast. He would deny all accusations in a sorrowful manner and you will be tempted to forgive him. Ha, I can't forget those days cool cool cool

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by MissyB1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2010
Redman44:

I am not innocent when it comes to some crazy things I did when I was young. Yeah, I stole from the Cooking pot several times. I was fond of Egusi and Vegetable soups. I was never caught and there was a day someone else was whipped for a raid I carried out on a freshly cooked Pot of Ogbono soup.  I still feel guilty today for that incident. However, one of my relatives that stayed with us for sometime was really artful in stealing food from our big kitchen sad sad sad The boy operated like a spirit and was very fast. He would deny all accusations in a sorrowful manner and you will be tempted to forgive him. Ha, I can't forget those days cool cool cool

www.vibes-extra..com
Lmao!!!
~Bluetooth:

Yeah. . I did it once from a neighbour's pot and i was caught.didnt feel bad sha cuz i was really young then. .
Rotfl!!
You're kidding, right? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Food Timetable / What's Always Your First Choice For Breakfast? / Food That People Above 45 Should Eat And Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.