Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? (9852 Views)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Be Part Of The Team: Do You Have The Cooking Skills And Passion 4 Nigerian Foods / A Picture Of A Snake Soup In A Pot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by manny4life(m): 11:42pm On Jul 19, 2010
shoot I used to when I was small, took it when it was hot and ran into my room or put it in my pants and it burned the hell outta me on my way to my room but hey I still do, but not often though and when I do, I take it right in front of my mom or whoever is cooking. Like during thanksgiving when mom is preparing all kinds of meals, soups, meat, with the exception of the turkey though, shoot, I walk into the kitchen, put some chicken in the plate, come right out and eat, no need to hide it. I was lucky because my brother and I were in same boat but he met his fate one fateful day, when a pot of soup accidentally poured on him, still has the scars on his chest and stomach. Thank God for the mid winter (fall) jacket he had on.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by MyneWhite1(f): 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2010
Chai, that was the revenge of the pot! LOL. Glad it wasn't too bad.

manny4life:

shoot I used to when I was small, took it when it was hot and ran into my room or put it in my pants and it burned the hell outta me on my way to my room but hey I still do, but not often though and when I do, I take it right in front of my mom or whoever is cooking. Like during thanksgiving when mom is preparing all kinds of meals, soups, meat, with the exception of the turkey though, shoot, I walk into the kitchen, put some chicken in the plate, come right out and eat, no need to hide it. I was lucky because my brother and I were in same boat but he met his fate one fateful day, when a pot of soup accidentally poured on him, still has the scars on his chest and stomach. Thank God for the mid winter (fall) jacket he had on.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by dblock(m): 4:45am On Jul 21, 2010
I once stole chicken in my uncles house

and when he came out, I hid the chicken in his chair.

wink
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by oyinda3(f): 4:59am On Jul 21, 2010
woah. dblock u moved to florida since when?
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by dayokanu(m): 5:06am On Jul 21, 2010
Recently he moved
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by oyinda3(f): 5:07am On Jul 21, 2010
nobody asked u. professional stalker lol
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by dayokanu(m): 5:21am On Jul 21, 2010
Thats what I do mami
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by oyinda3(f): 5:25am On Jul 21, 2010
^ well, good 4 u.

where is this dblock kid sef. jeez
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by dblock(m): 6:09am On Jul 21, 2010
im not in florida, thats just a cover.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Ranoscky(m): 6:48am On Jul 21, 2010
^^ I dey feel u DIE brov, it's good to feel among!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by ndgfx(m): 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2010
Did it last nite,
and the nite before,
and the nite before,

Abeg it's no longer a crime, haba!!!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Ranoscky(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2010
^ And i go even do am tonyt sef!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by oyinda3(f): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2010
dblock:

im not in florida, thats just a cover.

haha ok. i was worried for a sec.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Jul 21, 2010
^^ Worry Not says Dayokanu
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by 5p1naz(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2010
Myne White:

Chai, that was the revenge of the pot! LOL. Glad it wasn't too bad.

@whitman wanna send u something, checked out ur website, holla at me,
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by uglybetty: 10:47am On Jul 22, 2010
This is an opportunity to confess my sin in the open so that God will forgive me.I DID.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Carlosein(m): 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
I did o. plenty times and got caught once.
haven't forgotten the lashes i got for it till today.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by chrisical(m): 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2010
Wetin dey there self?After all its my mama's pot and it also belongs to me.I did it before and i will do it again and again.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by ayanfemy(f): 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2010
is it only meat? what of Lactogen, sugar, garri etc! looking back as an adult, i think its all ojukokoro! cos while growing up, my parents especially mum made sure we had all we needed!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by sledge406: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2010
@Ranoscky
U're one hell of a dude. See as u use laff take wound me so tay I begin cry. U phuck up sha, u for nor shout as all u need to do na look for salt and lick am wink

As for me, I don do am and weda dem catch me or not, d fact is my mama know wen we don play foreign match inside her pot.

Reminds me of a certain day we were in the living room and all of a sudden my mum asked of my lil sis who was of age 4 or 5 as at then (She'd be 13 dis soon). Na so we begin look for dis smallie oo so tay we waka go outside go dey shout her name. We gree hear any answer We don dey even give up say maybe she don play go far (but wen hunger beat am, e go remember road to im papa house).
Na so I jst say make I stroll enter kitchen. Lo and behold, dis gal siddon comfty for ground, open pot of stew, concentrate on the meat and fish con even make d stew dey ugly for eye. Na wit laff I call my malee make she con see wonder. Well we fit imagine as the story dey end based on women and pot of stew/soup.

And as for our punishment, she say na so we go use the stew till e finish. angry

Memories!!!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Ranoscky(m): 9:06am On Jul 26, 2010
^^ Guy, i no fukk up o! omo if u don xpirience wetin my eye see dat day ehn, u go know say pepper na hell!
imagine d tin wey b say, i no fit open 1 eye sef take find water wash my eye, then, which eye i wan open talk find salt take put 4 mouth? omo, d tin just be lyk trap. mesef, i try make i no shout buh d more i dey keep quite dey bear d pain, d more d pepper dey pepper ma eye lyk mad. so dat is y i say i no fukk up! tho, b4 i shout for help, i don know say if malee hear wetin happen, she go beat my name commot for my body. and na xactly wetin happen dat day be dat! i nearly use my eye see my ear!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2010
My Brothers case is the worse i can think of. My mum and I went out and left him to watch the christmas meat we were cooking, we came back and found my brother on the floor, rolling on theground, we spent christmas and near year in the hospital with my brother having his stomach pumped he ate half of the goat meat, went over to the chicken, according to him he fried some, ate some with stew and pepper, as soon as went out he started dancing and thanking God for a christams miracle
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by CGKing(m): 11:41pm On Aug 20, 2010
Our childhood ho use help wasnt a pot thief. She was worse!

We would come home to meat the loaf of bread whole, complete just the way we left it in the morning. Only to find the soft suculent inside is missing. Just the burnt outter shell. The bread would stand well when looking at it, but collapse with the slightest touch. THow she did that, we couldnt decipher till this day.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by tpiah: 1:13am On Aug 30, 2010
meat is relatively scarcer in nigeria than it is overseas.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Ranoscky(m): 7:40am On Aug 30, 2010
^
Daz what d topic is all about, mr oversea!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by tpiah: 12:59am On Aug 31, 2010
^^just explaining why it's considered a capital crime to ask for or eat more meat than the piece you were given [if you got any at all]. like oliver twist.

most nigerians see it as a normal thing to count the pieces of meat in the pot- we dont drop this habit until we travel overseas and i wouldnt be surprised if some still keep the habit anyway.

if the daily pieces of meat tally comes up short, woe betide somebody in the house that day.  shocked
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Hauwa1: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2010
grin lol

tpiah:

^^just explaining why it's considered a capital crime to ask for or eat more meat than the piece you were given [if you got any at all]. like oliver twist.

most nigerians see it as a normal thing to count the pieces of meat in the pot- we dont drop this habit until we travel overseas and i wouldnt be surprised if some still keep the habit anyway.

if the daily pieces of meat tally comes up short, woe betide somebody in the house that day. shocked

and if no one confessed, wow betide everybody in the house that day lol
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by dayokanu(m): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2010
^^ from experience abi?
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Ranoscky(m): 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2010
^
Seems lyk.
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by tpia5: 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
hmph
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
lol yep. grin

just did!!
Re: Have You Ever "stolen" From The Cooking Pot? by Bluemoon1(f): 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
just stole sweet juicy meat... lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Your Maggi Cook Book Here ♨ / Three Crowns Milk Rewards Mums In ‘Cook For Mum’ Mother’s Day Campaign / Yought, What Is Real Taste?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.