Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:23 AM

All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language (2252 Views)

Yoruba States' Police, 'amotekun', Take Off (photos) / Enact Law For President To Attach Portfolios To Ministerial Nominees –PDP To NAS / FFK Warns Tinubu, Lists All Yoruba Leaders That Have Been Betrayed By Fulanis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 12:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
imhotep:

Oba himself has spoken grin
Okay, tell the bini and your father to come and change this laguage in lagos.

1 Like

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Okay, tell the bini and your father to come and change this laguage in lagos.
Respect the elders grin

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Habakus:
I understand the Yorubas are doing all they can to enforce the idea that Lagos belongs to them.
They are infinitely scared Lagos is slipping from their slippery grip.
But the question still remains: does Lagos actually belong to the Yorubas? The answer is a resounding NO.
Ambode is just an impulsive , amateur, elected official of the state, and will still vacate the office just like several others before him.
When he leaves, someone who knows the true worth and history of Lagos State would overturn some of these over zealous policies.
The funny thing is that these policies do not in anyway prevent hundreds of buses from different parts of the country flooding into Lagos on daily basis carrying other ethnic groups.
Also, the fact that Lagos State and not Oyo, Ekiti, Edo or any other state for that matter, is keenly contested, tells alot about the true history of Lagos.
I enjoin all well meaning Nigerians - Yorubas, Ijaws Hausas, etc - to ensure the right government that will bring out the true values and potentials of Lagos State is voted in after the impulsive Ambode.
Habaruku or wetin be your name. Go and change what has been or end your life here.

2 Likes

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by jaymichael(m): 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
Y0ruba:

Oh, so for Igboland it is a wrong analogy but for Yoruba it is a right analogy.

Who did the Bini tell you they met at Eko? Who did the Bini tell you thy reported to their Oba who sent an army to invade? Who did the Benin tell you gave them the land to settle on? Who did the Portuguese, French and English wrote about to have populated Lagos in the 17th and 18th century and did these Europeans mention Hausa, Igbo and so on?

Igbos are the only group obsessed over Lagos and your obsession over Lagos is a pointer to the fact which the history of your posts prove.

You may want to provide proof Igbos were the first settlers in the East too then?
You see these Flat headed cannibals from the erosion ravaged mud Kingdom that consume rotten human flesh, I just wonder if they are just playing silly, trying to be funny or they're just plain stupid, envious and hateful. I realized they are all of these. If I read their nonsense and try to ignore, my conscience sometimes won't allow me not to respond to the silliness that comes out their stinky mouth. Those Osu slaves disgust me. Awon iran Clifford Orji ajeniyan.

4 Likes

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
imhotep:

Respect the elders grin
I do and he has a perfect name for you. grin So i respect the oba.

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
I do and he has a perfect name for you. grin
Long grammar.
Lagos remains what it is cheesy cheesy

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Habakus: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
Y0ruba:

Oh, so for Igboland it is a wrong analogy but for Yoruba it is a right analogy.

Who did the Bini tell you they met at Eko? Who did the Bini tell you thy reported to their Oba who sent an army to invade? Who did the Benin tell you gave them the land to settle on? Who did the Portuguese, French and English wrote about to have populated Lagos in the 17th and 18th century and did these Europeans mention Hausa, Igbo and so on?

Igbos are the only group obsessed over Lagos and your obsession over Lagos is a pointer to the fact which the history of your posts prove.

You may want to provide proof Igbos were the first settlers in the East too then?
Ijaws, Binis and others have claimed ownership of Lagos with reasonable historical evidences; why should we now accept Yoruba's claim over theirs? Because of the proximity of Lagos to Yoruba states or because of the daily propaganda from Osun State?
Y0ruba, if you wish to discuss the Igbos, create a thread for it and invite some other Igbo-obsessed people there.
Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
imhotep:

Respect the elders grin
We should respect our elders bro. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
olawalepopoola:
Like it or hate it, the Yorubas have taken the bull by the horn. Ambode will forever be remembered for taking this giant step to preserve our language from going into extinction. All Yoruba states MUST enact this law. Let them call it TRIBALISM. We are not the first to do it Nigeria and definitely won't be the last. At least one man put all his tribe man in charge of all our security networks in Nigeria while another allowed his wife to freely steal our Commonwealth.
Our IPOB brothers should learn that fighting is strategic not shouting. Yorubas are being strategic on this issue.

Some of you are naturally stupi.d, Nigerias are facing horrific situations resulting from farms and herdsmen crisis including your community + economy crisis and other challenges, herders are killing, raping and destroying farms, cowards like you will never open thread to condemn them, same Fulani for centuries held you people captive, but your major problem are hardworking Igbos, envy and hatred towards Igbos will send you guys to early... what ever they owns is their sweat, Igbos never believe in handouts. Same Igbos agitating for separation, same animals in human skins will be writing rubbish and begging for unity, why not join their agitation for you to have your Lagos and backward region and preserve what ever you chooses even your brokos join. Let me remind you du.mb a.s..s Nigerias are facing real threats from herdsmen and boko harm not hardworking Igbos, your useless preservation can't stop average Igbo business man from doing his business and making profit, let it stick in your ewedu d.ull brain.

1 Like

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
We should respect our elders bro. grin
Agreed cheesy cheesy

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
Habakus:

Ijaws, Binis and others have claimed ownership of Lagos with reasonable historical evidences; why should we now accept Yoruba's claim over theirs? Because of the proximity of Lagos to Yoruba states or because of the daily propaganda from Osun State?
Y0ruba, if you wish to discuss the Igbos, create a thread for it and invite some other Igbo-obsessed people there.

I don’t know how else to explain to you.

See, Lagos is not a piece of land. If you can read, look up Lagos state creation in google books, you will find that it was created from merging different pieces of Yoruba land from negotiations with the then Western Region.

Lagos state is as a result of merging lands cut out of Yoruba land.

Several evidences point to the fact that Bini’s ownership is restricted to where Oba Eko’s palace is. I don’t know what makes this hard for you to grasp.

Why are you losing sleep over the ownership of Lagos?

For you to re-allot ownership of Lagos you will not only commit genocide on a large scale, you will have to do a lot of work into disputing CMS records, Colonial Reports and Government Gazettes and numerous other evidences all in the Nigerian and British archives because these are the historical evidences on Yoruba ownership of Lagos state, Mr. Man.

5 Likes

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
imhotep:

Agreed cheesy cheesy
Abi o. But we are still waiting for the weeping. Maybe in buhari second term. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Abi o. But we are still waiting for the weeping. Maybe in buhari second term. cheesy
The weepers simply refuse to accept the no-mans-land status cheesy cheesy
Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
jaymichael:
You see these Flat headed cannibals from the erosion ravaged mud Kingdom that consume rotten human flesh, I just wonder if they are just playing silly, trying to be funny or they're just plain stupid, envious and hateful. I realized they are all of these. If I read their nonsense and try to ignore, my conscience sometimes won't allow me not to respond to the silliness that comes out their stinky mouth. Those Osu slaves disgust me. Awon iran Clifford Orji ajeniyan.

Don’t mind them.

Their obsession over Lagos is a major psycohological problem that did not start today. We are all aware of Nnamdi’s Azikwe’s endless fits over inclusion of Lagos Island into Western Region at the constitutional conferences.

What Venice is to the world, is what Lagos is to the average Igbo man. It is the beginning and the end of their socio-economic status. It is a taste of paradise to them and except they flock Lagos, they see themselves as nothing. Thus, they fight tooth and nail over Lagos.

The state will roll out more policies in the years and months to come. It will be an interesting period, these coming months & years for sure.

4 Likes

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Habakus: 1:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
Y0ruba:

I don’t know how else to explain to you.

See, Lagos is not a piece of land. If you can read, look up Lagos state creation in google books, you will find that it was created from merging different pieces of Yoruba land from negotiations with the then Western Region.

Lagos state is as a result of merging lands cut out of Yoruba land.

Several evidences point to the fact that Bini’s ownership is restricted to where Oba Eko’s palace is. I don’t know what makes this hard for you to grasp.

Why are you losing sleep over the ownership of Lagos?

For you to re-allot ownership of Lagos you will not only commit genocide on a large scale, you will have to do a lot of work to disputing CMS records, Colonial Reports and Government Gazettes and numerous other evidences all in the Nigerian and British archives because these are the historical evidences on Yoruba ownership, Mr. Man.
This is becoming a back and forth, but I'll indulge you again.
Can you provide some of the 'several evidences' that prove that Bini’s ownership is only within the Oba's palace?
Maybe this will settle this particular issue for the Binis.
Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2018
[s]
Habakus:

[/s]Bla, bla bla. Ijaw ko, anjoro ni. Bini ko, basin ni. They should come out na. Oh, mean they bring claim by jumping over ondo, oyo n ogun to claim lagos? Wait o, no be sam habakus that was telling me there is another place that bound edo n lagos together apart from ogun be this but when asked to bring tje prove of the boundary, ran away hehehe. Ask him to bring out ijaw n bini prove again and see how he will run away.

2 Likes

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 1:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
Y0ruba:

Don’t mind them.

Their obsession over Lagos is a major psycohological problem that did not start today. We are all aware of Nnamdi’s Azikwe’s endless fits over inclusion of Lagos Island into Western Region at the constitutional conferences.

What Venice is to the world, is what Lagos is to the average Igbo man. It is the beginning and the end of their economic status & social status. It is a taste of paradise to them and except they flock Lagos, they see themselves as nothing. Thus, they fight tooth and nail over Lagos.

The state will roll out more policies in the years and months to come. It will be an interesting period, these coming months & years for sure.
Guy, stop wasting your time on that boy, ask him to bring out the prove and see him run away. He told me sometimes ago that there is another boundary that link edo to lagos apart from ogun. Even ogun has no boundry with edo. Id you see the way he was beating chest that day, i asked for the name of the boundry and the prove. Bros, till this moment, that guy has not given the name o, talkless of prove. He is only practising his writing skill. Oya, ask him for the claim he has been shouting and i will bend if he give you.

1 Like

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Habakus: 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
[s][/s]Bla, bla bla. Ijaw ko, anjoro ni. Bini ko, basin ni. They should come out na. Oh, mean they bring claim by jumping over ondo, oyo n ogun to claim lagos? Wait o, no be sam habakus that was telling me there is another place that bound edo n lagos together apart from ogun be this but when asked to bring tje prove of the boundary, ran away hehehe. Ask him to bring out ijaw n bini prove again and see how he will run away.
See why I didn't want to discuss important issues such as the topic with you? You tend to trivialise every thing. Enjoy.
Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
imhotep:

The weepers simply refuse to accept the no-mans-land status cheesy cheesy
Talk true, that law pain our Igbo to bone marrow... But let continue proving what we know is not possible. cheesy

1 Like

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:45pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Talk true, that law pain our Igbo to bone marrow... But let continue proving what we know is not possible.
https://www.nairaland.com/4347957/those-opening-threads-concerning-lagos
Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
Habakus:

See why I didn't want to discuss important issues such as the topic with you? You tend to trivialise every thing. Enjoy.
Oga, nothing is being trivialised here. I am stating the obvious fact about you. You cannot engage me cos i will not answer you. I take you as joke since that day and i am yet to see any answer from you. So i will employ others to tske you as joke you are.
Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Guestlander: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
Habakus:

Go to court and do what?
Are Yorubas in Lagos in anyway stopping other ethnic groups from coming to Lagos and living freely just like the Yorubas there?
Yorubas buy lands and rent shops just like every other person in Lagos state; they enter the same public transport and pay for their fare just like others; they pay tuition fees just like anyone in Lagos.
So why should I go to court?

Where then is the contention you talked about? Perhaps you can enlighten us a bit more.

1 Like

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by jaymichael(m): 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2018
Y0ruba:

Don’t mind them.

What Venice is to the world, is what Lagos is to the average Igbo man. It is the beginning and the end of their economic status & social status. It is a taste of paradise to them and except they flock Lagos, they see themselves as nothing. Thus, they fight tooth and nail over Lagos.

Yes. When dealing with those clowns, I don't even act civil anymore. I found out that educating them with facts is like educating a PIG. a big waste of time. No wonder that scum Nnamdi Kanu gave them a befitting name PIGS and IDIOTS. I give them in back in their own coin, CRUDE and BRUTAL.

2 Likes

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Habakus:

This is becoming a back and forth, but I'll indulge you again.
Can you provide some of the 'several evidences' that prove that Bini’s ownership is only within the Oba's palace?
Maybe this will settle this particular issue for the Binis.

Is reading your thing? If yes, please explore googlebooks for the information you need. You may also start by quickly looking through Wikipedia for pointers to where Benin Kingdom extended to in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Guy, stop wasting your time on that boy, ask him to bring out the prove and see him run away. He told me sometimes ago that there is another boundary that link edo to lagos apart from ogun. Even ogun has no boundry with edo. Id you see the way he was beating chest that day, i asked for the name of the boundry and the prove. Bros, till this moment, that guy has not given the name o, talkless of prove. He is only practising his writing skill. Oya, ask him for the claim he has been shouting and i will bend if he give you.

LOL

Baba I can attest to what you said about wasting time.

The thing is, the Igbo like most other people of other ethnic groups in Nigeria do not read. They only go with narratives that appeal to emotion and this is why we keep having this debate, like other matters, every year in spite of the fact that archival documents (colonial reports, gazettes, church records, explorers journals etc) abound and are waiting to be read but no, we won’t read.

People go just enter NL begin throw comments that will put them in bad positions in their place of economic refuge.

3 Likes

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
jaymichael:
Yes. When dealing with those clowns, I don't even act civil anymore. I found out that educating them with facts is like educating a PIG. a big waste of time. No wonder that scum Nnamdi Kanu gave them a befitting name PIGS and IDIOTS. I give them in back in their own coin, CRUDE and BRUTAL.

I agree, there are days I tow that path too.

1 Like

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Pigsandidiots: 2:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
Y0ruba:

LOL

The thing is, the Igbo like most other people of other ethnic groups in Nigeria do not read. They only go with narratives that appeal to emotion and this is why we keep having this debate, like other matters, every year in spite of the fact that archival documents (colonial reports, gazettes, church records, explorers journals etc) abound and are waiting to be read but no, we won’t read.

People go just enter NL begin throw comments that will put them in bad positions in their place of economic refuge.
Lol, the guy don run
Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Habakus: 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2018
Y0ruba:

Is reading your thing? If yes, please explore googlebooks for the information you need. You may also start by quickly looking through Wikipedia for pointers to where Benin Kingdom extended to in Lagos.

Well, I thought as much. The one opportunity given to you to substantiate your point and you resorted to rhetorics.
Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
Habakus:

Well, I thought as much. The one opportunity given to you to substantiate your point and you resorted to rhetorics.

You want to be spoon fed? Did you pass through a university and know what scholarship is?

1 Like

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Guestlander: 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
Y0ruba:

LOL

The most amazing thing to me is that some of them actually believe the falsehood they spew out daily on nairaland especially about Lagos . This is why they are having this emotional response to this law.
If they are so aggrieved why can they simply sue the LSG.

1 Like

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
Guestlander:

The most amazing thing to me is that some of them actually believe the falsehood they spew out daily on nairaland especially about Lagos . This is why they are having this emotional response to this law.
If they are so aggrieved why can they simply sue the LSG.

Bro,

You will be surprised the ‘Lagos is a no man’s land’ mantra didn’t start this century. It is an age long state of mind the Igbo pass on to each other generationally even before Nigeria’s independence. I mean, for their political class to have stalled a constitutional conference & Nigerian independence over the ownership of Lagos, then it goes it show it is a psychological thing in that region.

Igbos have no History. The start of their history as a people began with Nigerian colonial history. Hence, they have a problem recognising socio-cultural ‘historicity’ of a place and its people - Lagos being historically Yoruba’s in this case. And they have this superiority complex of being better than others when records show Igbos had no complex civilization or made any cultural progress until they began having contacts with other ethnic groups in Nigeria. I think the fact that they were at the bottom of cultural relevance and that their ‘civilization’ started when Nigeria became amalgamated is the reason they are unconsciously in competition with everyone and unknowingly pissing off every ethnic group in Nigeria to make up for their inglorious past.

I agree with what you said that they believe in the falsehood they spew but it is not just some of them but a majority of them and a bulk of them in their villages. The some who do not believe are those who have managed to go through the painful relearning process that detached them from an emotion driven belief. Did you read Chinua Achebe’s last work and how uneducated he almost sounded with the emotional drivels he wrote? The educated Igbo man is still attached to the nonsense they spew mentally, they may just do a better job at hiding it.

Baba, if you think you can educate these folks then you have a lot of work to do. Every year, since Nairaland started in 2006, different sets of Yoruba folks have had to put up with recurrent generational ignorance of Igbo people that seem to spring up every year.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Yoruba States Must Enact Law To Preserve Our Language by deomelllo: 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2018
Habakus:

All these Yoruba subgroups you mentioned migrated to Lagos just like the Ijaws and binis about the same period, with some other ethnic groups migrating to Lagos even earlier than some of the Yoruba subgroups you mentioned.
How you then insist Lagos is owned solely by the Yorubas is still a mystery and proper history revisionism that is keenly contested by others including the Oba of Lagos himself.
I really don't want to drawn into this argument again as it has been rehearsed on this forum severally.

Lagos as the former FC was confined to Lagos Island and doubting Yoruba ownership of Lagos is a reflection of your own ignorance, unless you have a different reason why they are and have been ruling Lagos Island and the rest of Lagos administratively and traditionally.

When the white man landed in Lagos Island, they met and dealt with Yoruba people, they signed treaties with Yoruba Oba and Yoruba people.

The whole of Lagos mainland from Apapa to Ikeja, Ikorodu, Epe and beyond were all part of the Western Region, core Yoruba states.

Ikeja the seat of Government today was part of the western region and Lagos as the industrial capital of Nigeria was created by the Awolowo, the premiere of the western region with the establishment of industrial estates all over the western region from Apapa industrial estate to Ikeja, Matori, Mushin and Ilupeju industrial estates, not by any FG or ibo people.

When Awolowo was doing this in Lagos state as the premiere of the western region, ZIK as the premiere of your village eastern region was incompetent and sitting on his lazy hands doing nothing. This is why your region have zero meaningful industries, this is why you have no jobs and must leave your unproductive towns and villages to look for work and survival in the SW.

Your problem is self-inflicted ignorance and inability to read your history books.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose’s Aide Eats Buhari Live On The Internet With His Reply / Five Issues Nigerians Have Forgotten So Soon / FFK:Oshiomhole Is Uglier Than A Baboon. He Looks Like A Product Between An Ora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.