Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Money Can’t Buy Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Money Can’t Buy Love (517 Views)

“Money Can’t Buy Love Or Keep A Woman” – Nigerian Man Asserts / No Amount Of Money Can Buy Love / Money Can Never Buy Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Money Can’t Buy Love by Paya(m): 4:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
February is always called the month of love and marks the 14th as Saint Valentine’s Day.Tomorrow is Saint Valentine’s day and most apt for me to write on love.

Over the years, the word love has been loosely used and has become a tool of deception rather than what God had originated it to be. True Love comes from God and He teaches us by His Spirit how to love and accept each other.

Today I touch on one of the things that has bothered me a lot in our evolving society – Money and Love or let me put it straight as people say – that Money can buy TRUE love. I say true because Money can certainly buy you deception, lies and falsehood.

Our text is Songs of Solomon 8:7

“Love is invincible facing death and danger. Passion laughs at the terrors of hell. The fire of love stops at nothing- it sweeps everything before it. Flood waters can’t drown love, torrents of rain can’t put it out. Love can’t be bought, love can’t be sold- it’s not to be in the marketplace.” (Message Translation)

There you have it- King Solomon, the lover of all time has said it all! MONEY CAN”T BUY LOVE. Love is an action. The only example of how to love won’t be found in books, videos or preaching. It is found in our Heavenly Father –God the Lover. Loving God’s way is about giving your best and expecting nothing in return. John 3:16a says “this is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, His one and Only Son.” He gave us Jesus Christ when we were yet sinners, it was a big risk, not knowing if we will accept Jesus, yet hoping that we do, so we come into a love covenant relationship with Him. It is about hoping for the best in, and for someone.

The idea that if you splash on your Wife, Husband, Children, Boyfriend, Girlfriend etc, can induce them to love you is a lie from the pits of hell. When you operate in love God’s way, giving of yourself and your resources become a way of life and become more meaningful to both you and the receiver- remember the Word of God says it is more blessed to give than to receive.

We must submit ourselves to the Holy Spirit daily so He works in us to love God’s way. That’s the only way to love and be joyful in spite of the receiver(s) attitude. Paul gives us a definition of love God’s way in I Corinthians 13 (Please read the Message translation)- my best bit of this charge by Apostle Paul is found in verses 3 “If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love , I have gotten nowhere. SO, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.” Money can’t buy love, rather with all the money you may have, you are bankrupt (broke) without love. DO IT GOD’s WAY!
http://www.wellspringoflifeinternational.com/money-cant-buy-love/

(1) (Reply)

BBN Reactions / A Man With Two Or More Wives, Is It Wrong For Him To Organise 3 Some? / A Prof At Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma Stripped Unclad By Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.