Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card (16973 Views)

Sanusi Auwalu: Not Getting National Identity Number To Attract 3-Month Jail Term / Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? / FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by olayinkajnr(m): 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
pode:
Of which his own (permanent card) may likely come out before the week run out why me that registered 2013 have not yet receive my card
There is God o

Yours was since 2013. Lol, wetin you want make I talk?

Mine was since 2008. I didn't bother to queue for another one again. I'll keep using my voters card instead.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Yebby(m): 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
ok coolok
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by ohosi4real(m): 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
What is so special about it

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
Only in nigeria u go do bio reg for drivers licence,passport,pvc,bvn,nimc,pensions etc haba

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Ziontommyj(m): 6:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
Don't tell me he did not have before he became Lagos State Governor. pls get him arrested.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Timika: 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2018
Bullshit

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Iffa tear these people correct beta slap ehn!! National ID i did since 2013, it's still not yet out. Bunch of incompetent mofos thats the definition of NIMC.
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
And so what
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by lordraiden(m): 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
I hope his own will take 20yrs like mine

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Timika: 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
Have been waiting for my card like forever, what are they doing in that Lagos office ? That Alausa office was where I registered years ago, till now, I haven't gotten my card. Yet, change begins with ?.?.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by ikorodureporta: 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
'

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Timika: 7:04pm On Feb 14, 2018
#scrap NIMC
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Rebuke: 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
Warming up for mine! It's a must for me dis time.

Abeg, Una know hw I fit get the plastic card? I need an answer pls o
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Rebuke: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
Timika:
Have been waiting for my card like forever, what are they doing in that Lagos office ? That Alausa office was where I registered years ago, till now, I haven't gotten my card. Yet, change begins with ?.?.

Lols. I thnk say na only me sha. Registered for my National Identity card for 2years nw d card is still nt ready. Dem carry one yeye paper gimme say make I come back o, till nw nothn
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by cytell56: 7:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
MissEdified:
Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode on Wednesday urged residents of the State to come out and register for the National Identity Card scheme being administered by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), saying compliance would enhance proper planning and facilitate national development.

Speaking at Lagos House in Alausa, Ikeja after registering for the scheme, Governor Ambode said it was important for people to register for the scheme, as such would go a long way to scale up data planning and financial planning, as well as boost the delivery of democratic dividends to the people.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/02/photos-governor-ambode-registers-for.html

Useless scheme!! I registered since 2013 and after about 5Years, my ID is still not ready. I have gone to the Alausa office severally, all to no avail.
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by BIXYBABE: 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
And so wat......... So we should fry beans
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by demoBaba: 7:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
deji17:
We should not be doing all these duplication in 2018.
Can we have a data collation center that will harmonize all the personal identification documents?
That is, if you have any of the following : National ID Card, Drivers licence, BVN, Nigeria Passport, PVC, then you can use the same information to generate any of the others since they all default to one's biometric information like the finger print.

We are far behind and we need to pick up our pace...
We need to start working smart...

You're vibrating sir.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by free2ryhme: 7:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
MissEdified:
Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode on Wednesday urged residents of the State to come out and register for the National Identity Card scheme being administered by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), saying compliance would enhance proper planning and facilitate national development.

Speaking at Lagos House in Alausa, Ikeja after registering for the scheme, Governor Ambode said it was important for people to register for the scheme, as such would go a long way to scale up data planning and financial planning, as well as boost the delivery of democratic dividends to the people.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/02/photos-governor-ambode-registers-for.html

Ambode registered and got his slip all in one day

yet that same NIMC office in Alausa is you will sweat to register because of network problem and after registration you will come back in 2 weeks to get slip.

hypocrites angry
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
pode:
Of which his own (permanent card) may likely come out before the week run out why me that registered 2013 have not yet receive my card
There is God o

Bros no be only you oo. Me sef since 2013.
Have even gone to the headquarters in Abj yet, they say its still not ready
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
Is this a new card or the same that has been around for a while? if it is new, it is great but if same one, then, sad to know he never had one all aloong
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by fairheven: 7:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
the one we registered for we no see collect...but am sure they will FasTrack Ambode's own
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by CaptainFM1: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2018
Na wa ooo! This country might in future ask us to buy our own national id card. It's getting to 2years now that I applied for mine and i'm yet to receive it.
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by kokomilala(m): 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2018
If you go to register, you asked to pay. Government flirts with corruption. If you need an international passport, you know the stress, and the money you pay. It's a shambles! The fight against corruption is the greatest lie ever told.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by omonnakoda: 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2018
deji17:
We should not be doing all these duplication in 2018.
Can we have a data collation center that will harmonize all the personal identification documents?
That is, if you have any of the following : National ID Card, Drivers licence, BVN, Nigeria Passport, PVC, then you can use the same information to generate any of the others since they all default to one's biometric information like the finger print.

We are far behind and we need to pick up our pace...
We need to start working smart...
How many countries have these harmonise thing.
It is good in theory but in practice there are always obstacles real and contrived.
In some ways Nigeria is even ahead. How many countries have BVN or register Sim cards.
In the UK you can easily buy Sim cards without registering
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by deji17: 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2018
omonnakoda:

How many countries have these harmonise thing.
It is good in theory but in practice there are always obstacles real and contrived.
In some ways Nigeria is even ahead. How many countries have BVN or register Sim cards.
In the UK you can easily buy Sim cards without registering

Go and check it out. In most advanced countries, you only need one Identification card, information on this will be used as the basis for every other Govt identification that you get...
In those countries, they don't invite you to capture your data / finger prints every time you are getting a new document. Your biometrics does not change. That is one identification God gave you...

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by cinolala(m): 8:47pm On Feb 14, 2018
Since nineteen before buhari regime i register nd upto now am waiting to get my card undecided
But sha am not borderd with my driver licence nd pvc insurance cover me grin
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by omonnakoda: 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
deji17:

Go and check it out. In most advanced countries, you only need one Identification card, information on this will be used as the basis for every other Govt identification that you get...
In those countries, they don't invite you to capture your data / finger prints every time you are getting a new document. Your biometrics does not change. That is one identification God gave you...
I don't need to check anything. I live it
Advanced countries? NEED? What are you talking about?
I really don't know what you mean by NEED, maybe you can explain.

A passport is an international document for travel except between countries with a special relationship, for this NEED, It is indispensable.
A driving licence is another document that is NEEDED for a very specific purpose and in that regard is currently indispensable.
Many but not all countries issue a National ID which serves as a good alternative to passportsee.

Biometric data.

This is relatively new technology. You say THOSE COUNTRIES as if they sat down had a meeting and harmonised their practice.

The reality is many so called advanced countries do not capture biometric data AT ALL
so stop talking about what you don't know. Certainly fingerprints are not taken before issuing UK passports for those born there though I don't know if this happens for naturalised people. I believe it is the same in the US and elsewhere.

The truth is there is a strong civil rights angle of resistance to biometric data capture that has not been resolved and also concerns about the ownership, security and integrity of the data management systems.

There are two commonly used forms of biometrics fingerprints and retinal images. It is not true that they do not change. With ageing there are subtle changes.

Biometric capture has taken off in places like Nigeria because it is new and we are not burdenedby the civil rights hang ups which has advantages but it is simply inaccurate for you to characterise this as a matter of ADVANCEMENT.

Most so called advanced countries do not take biometrics of their citizens because of genuine fears that this data cannot be guaranteed to be secure by government and can be stolen and misused.
Sad that people who have the least knowledge of issues talk the most knowledgeably and often ignorantly.
In the UK they still have driving licence forms endorsed by doctors or such like.

That is very Backward in my opinion.
Many computers do not talk to each other when it comes to interagency information sharing as we have seen from recent terrorism events so stop this nonsense about so called advanced countries
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
anibirelawal:

We will get to that someday.
You mean next generation?
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2018
When my own card is expiring soon, you are just registering. lipsrsealed
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by anibirelawal(m): 9:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
udemzy101:

You mean next generation?
Thy kingdom come. grin
Re: Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card by deji17: 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2018
omonnakoda:

I don't need to check anything. I live it
Advanced countries? NEED? What are you talking about?
I really don't know what you mean by NEED, maybe you can explain.

A passport is an international document for travel except between countries with a special relationship, for this NEED, It is indispensable.
A driving licence is another document that is NEEDED for a very specific purpose and in that regard is currently indispensable.
Many but not all countries issue a National ID which serves as a good alternative to passportsee.

Biometric data.

This is relatively new technology. You say THOSE COUNTRIES as if they sat down had a meeting and harmonisedtheir practice.

The reality is many so called advanced countries do not capture biometric data AT ALL so stop talking about what you don't know. Certainly fingerprints are not taken before issuing UK passports for those born there though I don't know if this happens for naturalised people. I believe it is the same in the US and elsewhere.

The truth is there is a strong civil rights angle of resistance to biometric data capture that has not been resolved and also concerns about the ownership, security and integrity of the data management systems.

There are two commonly used forms of biometrics fingerprints and retinal images. It is not true that they do not change. With ageing there are subtle changes.

Biometric capture has taken off in places like Nigeria because it is new and we are not burdenedby the civil rights hang ups which has advantages but it is simply inaccurate for you to characterise this as a matter of ADVANCEMENT.

Most so called advanced countries do not take biometrics of their citizens because of genuine fears that this data cannot be guaranteed to be secure by government and can be stolen and misused.
Sad that people who have the least knowledge of issues talk the most knowledgeably and often ignorantly.

You get worked up over nothing. You jumped into so many conclusions without fully understanding what I wrote. I understand the so called advanced country system of identification as I lived it. No be dem say...
In the US, you have the Social security number (SSN), In Canada, you have the Social Insurance number (SIN), etc..
These are unique identification numbers that can be used to identify an individual
If you are getting a drivers licence, opening a bank account etc, you will be required to provide this number or any other document that is already linked to that number.
My reference to Biometric is particular to Nigeria where you are asked to take one each time you are getting a new document from Govt or even renew existing ones.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Children Mount Roadblock On Bauchi-Jos Road To Protest Eviction By Army / I Can't Believe This! Trains In Ibadan![with Pictures] / Bank, Customers Ignore NLC Strike In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.