Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status (3933 Views)

Lady Calls Off Wedding, Ends 10-year Relationship Because Fiancé Got Small House / The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos) / How Do I Get Over a Four Year Relationship. Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
So my friends called of his 3 year relationship over his girlfriends irresponsible whatsapp status, she most times claimed it was nothing to be worried about as my friend is quite in love with his girlfriend and goes overboard to nuture their relationship.

But her whatapp status updates may have crashed their relationship, he has complained for a couple of years but she has been adamant about it and still insist she means no harm at all and he should not read meaning into it.

He has told her he had no problem with it but it usually made people see him as those things especially mutual friends and family who may just conclude with assumptions.

He gets wanton calls and messages from friends and family always asking "what is the problem", "hope no issues", and guys always like, "bro, did you cheat", "hope ur not a lady beater" etc..

Update such as these..

Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by FluidQueen(f): 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
How old are they? 10?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
grin Your Friend must have failed to realize that there are other people in his girlfriend now ex's life.

I think he is just being too emotional here. He isn't married to her neither does he own her so why dictate what she puts on whatsapp status? I see a teenager in Love Obsession lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by EGDesignz(m): 4:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
That's crazy....
That is why I advice men to cross check their commitment to ladies the fall in love with....
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by MhizAJ(f): 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
Women should also cross check the kind of men that they fall in love with

When you fall in love with a man that's immature,it makes things much harder in the relationship

Some relationship can be frustrating

3 Likes

Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Annibel(f): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2018
cause of status?? who does that??

2 Likes

Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by marvin904(m): 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
they never ready.. when they don ready call me I they bar.. undecided
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Artzdanielsz(m): 7:16pm On Feb 15, 2018
RuthDaniels:
grin Your Friend must have failed to realize that there are other people in his girlfriend now ex's life.

I think he is just being too emotional here. He isn't married to her neither does he own her so why dictate what she puts on whatsapp status? I see a teenager in Love Obsession lipsrsealed
she fine
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hehe relationship wahala cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by thowbie7ven(m): 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
RuthDaniels:

Dolapo...
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2018
angry
☣ ☠

Immaturity

☣ ☠
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by tosyne2much(m): 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
That's why it's advisable to date someone who is going towards the same direction with you

It's very obvious that the direction these ones are going is different

1 Like

Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by bobokeshington: 11:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
@Op, please gimme your friend's girlfriend number. I want to proffer a solution privately biko...
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by bobokeshington: 11:09pm On Feb 15, 2018
Annibel:
cause of status?? who does that??

Katikati
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:23am On Feb 16, 2018
Honestly, if these pic quotes up there are the status updates shared by rhe lady, then I must say the guy is unbelievable... shocked

I mean, it's not as if they fought before she shared such naa.... Besides, the words are generalized and speaks more to general human situations in people relationships. For crying out loud, being a lady's BF does not mean you are the only person in her life naa... She has friends, Family and even colleagues. The only difference is that you are more important than most and seen on the level close to or equal with her family (depending on how deep your relationship is).

Na wa for this so called guy oooo.... What exactly is specifically in these status updates now that will warrant a break-up?? His lame excuse of people thinking she may be referrring to him is just what it is.... LAME. Smh...
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Nobody: 3:54am On Feb 16, 2018
She waa referring to the side guys na not him.. grin Why him dey vex angry
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 16, 2018
thowbie7ven:
Dolapo...
Hello...
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by InfernoNig: 11:55am On Feb 16, 2018
Na her main boyfriend the status dey for. No be your side boyfriend friend. If u know what I mean
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Kobicove(m): 1:01pm On Feb 16, 2018
The lady may have been trying to send him subtle messages undecided
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by zudoteku(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2018
MhizAJ:
Women should also cross check the kind of men that they fall in love with

When you fall in love with a man that's immature,it makes things much harder in the relationship

Some relationship can be frustrating

Being emotional is nothing wrong, some people are quite sensitive. When a lot of trash happens that you ordinarily feel cool and normal about, doesn't neccessarily have to be normal to the other fellow.

Yes he doesn't own her but a relationship also means being sensitive to the other needs. If she had really appreciated what they had, nothing stopped had from limiting or stopping the whole episode altogether. Cos truth be told those post has insecurities printed all over esp if the "guy" involved never cheated on her.

Has he tried knowing if she was heartbroken in the past and all those nonsense are just psychological defences? But then again 3 years is a long time to know the partner you sailing with. However some ladies are just drama queens that seek attention at every turn. This could be her own "harmless" way of keeping You- (the guy) on your toes, like saying; 'fu*k up and see if I care'- you just did too.

Her updates posting might sound trivial to some but if you are overly sensitive and emotional person like me- as I guess the victim is- it's gonna f**k ur senses up. Being matured and understanding the different episodes in certain situations might have a deeper meaning than you think.

One more thing, Never be impulsive, Never take decisions on spot of the moment. It's always turns out bad. I think the above storyteller did and he would probably end up begging like I once did.

Maturity is especially hard in attaining for the men folk- relationship wise.

1 Like

Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by zudoteku(m): 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, if these pic quotes up there are the status updates shared by rhe lady, then I must say the guy is unbelievable... shocked

I mean, it's not as if they fought before she shared such naa.... Besides, the words are generalized and speaks more to general human situations in people relationships. For crying out loud, being a lady's BF does not mean you are the only person in her life naa... She has friends, Family and even colleagues. The only difference is that you are more important than most and seen on the level close to or equal with her family (depending on how deep your relationship is).

Na wa for this so called guy oooo.... What exactly is specifically in these status updates now that will warrant a break-up?? His lame excuse of people thinking she may be referrring to him is just what it is.... LAME. Smh...

Did you notice that he said it caused him embarrassment, when people ask him "what's wrong" in their relationship? undecided

Be objective and don't just sit atop your high horse. We are not the same bros. Some people are quite sensitive and what you take to be normal is abnormal on an epic level.
kiss
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 18, 2018
What the heck is "wanton calls"? Oga, make una dey small small use grammar. Like for real?
To your post, I don't see anything wrong in what she posts. I do something similar to throw scent of me. Watch it! Many people are saddened when they notice you are happy. Why are the so called friends and relatives so bent on knowing what is wrong in someone else's relationship?
Long-sighted aproko peeps everywhere, beware!
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2018
I truly relate to what you are saying and where you are coming from. I really do....

But thing is, the guy should have just dispelled the questions by simply stating that nothing is wrong and even engaged his woman to keenly ask if there was any issue she had with him.

Come on, view those status updates with an open mind and you will see there really was no cause for alarm. I have seen a few ladies with bfs update a status about discovering how lying-faced a man can be or a person so close can be and they werw not in anyway referring to their man. Even their man either didn't bother asking or he eventually asked if all is well and what happened... The lady will then likely open up or just say, "Oh don't worry Honey... It's nothing really. Just some people not worth having around. I'm okay."

Honestly I think the guy took it too far. And believe me, this thought is coming from someone who is way more sensitive. wink I need not say much on that...

And uhmmmm... What's with the kiss mister? You do realise I'm male right? undecided

zudoteku:

Did you notice that he said it caused him embarrassment, when people ask him "what's wrong" in their relationship? undecided

Be objective and don't just sit atop your high horse. We are not the same bros. Some people are quite sensitive and what you take to be normal is abnormal on an epic level.
kiss
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by roarik(f): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
relationships and wahala are like 5 and 6 ...
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by EazyMoh(m): 7:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
Hnmm I thought this thread was about me.
A lady friend used one of my finest pictures on her status, her guy couldn't take it. Turns out she has been telling him about me, how I was more than just a friend....Long story short he has broken up with her.
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by zudoteku(m): 7:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I truly relate to what you are saying and where you are coming from. I really do....

But thing is, the guy should have just dispelled the questions by simply stating that nothing is wrong and even engaged his woman to keenly ask if there was any issue she had with him.

Come on, view those status updates with an open mind and you will see there really was no cause for alarm. I have seen a few ladies with bfs update a status about discovering how lying-faced a man can be or a person so close can be and they werw not in anyway referring to their man. Even their man either didn't bother asking or he eventually asked if all is well and what happened... The lady will then likely open up or just say, "Oh don't worry Honey... It's nothing really. Just some people not worth having around. I'm okay."

Honestly I think the guy took it too far. And believe me, this thought is coming from someone who is way more sensitive. wink I need not say much on that...

And uhmmmm... What's with the kiss mister? You do realise I'm male right? undecided

Was that a kiss?! Embarrassin! M sorry o. Must have used a random emoji. Am new to this whole nairaland stuff, though m enjoying the experience.

Back to what you opinioned .

I think I'll tend to agree with you. Sometimes it could just be paranoia.
Re: 3 Year Relationship Goes Sour Over Whatapp Status by torma: 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2018
I wouldn't believe... but I believe anyways

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Verifies His Marriage To Jada P / If This Happens At A Wedding, Is It True? / Hookup Or This?[photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.