Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? (6044 Views)

Unbelievable Story Of A Cruel Manipulator / 16 Funny Ways To Reply 'i Love You' (if You Don't Love The Person Back) / How Can One Tell Someone 'it's Over' Without Really Hurting Their Feelings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by nalijah07(f): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2010
How do you mentally prepare youself for this type of conversation? How do you deal with the emotional effect it will have on the other person?

I was prompted to ask this question from another topic on nairaland- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-880.0.html
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by snowdrops(m): 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2010
It is only being honest. You need to free them from an unreciprocated loveless relationship.

1 Like

Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2010
It's best to tell them, rather than allow them to live a lie, and give them false hope.

1 Like

Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by snowdrops(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2010
I cant agree more.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Mmmbop: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2010
It's both
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by nalijah07(f): 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2010
I think it is worse for the person who has to deliver this news shocked
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Orikinla(m): 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2010
The sooner you know the truth the better.

But it is best to be sure, so that the dog will not return to its vomit later.

I have seen a case of someone who later regretted it.

How can you love someone and then you do not love the person anymore later?

When the sweet grape becomes sour?

Does true love expire?  

I advise that it is best to be sure before saying so.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by labiyemmy(m): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2010
it is being honest - you are telling them the truth/.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Kgdavid(m): 2:29am On Apr 23, 2010
its both. honesty and cruelty are not mutually exclusive. in fact they can even be said to be directly proportional and thats why its called the[i] ugly[/i] truth.

1 Like

Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by iice(f): 3:49am On Apr 23, 2010
It's cruel to lie and aid another in his/her delusions.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by snowdrops(m): 4:54am On Apr 23, 2010
Be ready for any repercussions though; eg a slap lol
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by daduke2k(m): 5:02am On Apr 23, 2010
Get serious dawg. By telin d truth, u free he/she frm emotional bondage.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Areaboy2(m): 11:31am On Apr 23, 2010
@ poster,  there is no such thing as not loving someone anymore,
just goes to show that u never did love them in the first place,  its as simple as that,
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 23, 2010
nothing cruel about it, its just the honest truth.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by kemisuga(f): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2010
Honest truth! Dont need to beat about the bush.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by nalijah07(f): 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2010
@ area boy - I think that is a matter of opinion. People love differently.

You definition of love is not the same as someone else.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by cindy200(f): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2010
Honest definitely.
It will save u both in d end.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by indie22(f): 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2010
It's kinda painful to have that said to you, but i guess in the end it makes sense to tell someone you dnt love them anymore, if you feel that way.

what a way to break up tho!
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by olayinkaj2(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2010
If u know u wouldn't love them later on then don't love them in the 1st place.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by fashionkid(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2010
Just tell them.i know its nt d easiest thing in d world 2 do.but trust me it beter dan dragin d relationship out of pity
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Flashfast1: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2010
I think its honest to do so. But if it's done in an insensitive manner then it becomes cruel.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2010
I think it's both! undecided

I mean why did you use the L-word before if you knew you didnt mean it

Why continue saying it when it's a lie
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Flashfast1: 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2010
Ujujoan:

I think it's both! undecided

I mean why did you use the L-word before if you knew you didnt mean it

Why continue saying it when it's a lie

Its possible you meant it while you were saying it. Maybe some where along the line the love just withered away. Like they say, love is like a flower that needs to be nurtured and cared for otherwise it dies. For instance, I know some folks that have gotten divorced after decades of marriage.
I mean if you can fall in love you can equally fall out of it (although not easily).
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by ruskiee(m): 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2010
It's cruel. . . but the honesty overshadows that,i think
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Voned(f): 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2010
Flashfast1:

I think its honest to do so. But if it's done in an insensitive manner then it becomes cruel.
I think no matter what form is been said as far as the other person loves u it will still hurt, just imagine someone you ve been dating and love so much came crying to you or begging you and telling you she loves you no more
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Flashfast1: 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2010
Voned:

I think no matter what form is been said as far as the other person loves u it will still hurt, just imagine someone you ve been dating and love so much came crying to you or begging you and telling you she loves you no more

Of couse I know that given the circumstance, there is no way that you can possibly put it for it not to hurt. But my point is that you should try and make it easier and lighter for the person to take. That way it won't be seen as cruel. Though it will still hurt but the person won't feel as bad as when you just drop the bomb without taking into consideration how the person will feel.
For example you may first try to make the person understand that the fault is not theirs (even when its a lie). You may also say nice things you'll miss about them before droping the bomb.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Voned(f): 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2010
Flashfast1:

Of couse I know that given the circumstance, there is no way that you can possibly put it for it not to hurt. But my point is that you should try and make it easier and lighter for the person to take. That way it won't be seen as cruel. Though it will still hurt but the person won't feel as bad as when you just drop the bomb without taking into consideration how the person will feel.
For example you may first try to make the person understand that the fault is not theirs (even when its a lie). You may also say nice things you'll miss about them before droping the bomb.

yeah you are right, the important thing is that the person will heal with time
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by InesQor(m): 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2010
Be very honest wink And if necessary, be cruel about it. tongue
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by agathamari(f): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2010
its honest
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by unitee(f): 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2010
Truth breaks no friendship
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by topup: 12:33am On Apr 25, 2010
It's not cruel to tell someone you don't love them, what is cruel is telling them you love them when you don't, to make them believe that the feelings are mutual once you've discovered that you no longer care.
Re: Is It Cruel Or Honest To Tell Someone You Don't Love Them Anymore? by Bluhazel: 1:08am On Apr 25, 2010
It's good to tell them the truth but most girls don't love honesty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scarcity Of Topics In Romance Section: What To Do. / Slay Queen Drops Bombshell, ‘sorry To The Men I Have Infected’ (photos) / 10 Things Only Big Breasts Women Can Performed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.