Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,697 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa (46774 Views)

Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos / Isoko Names And Their Meaning / Meet The Koma People Of Adamawa State Where Cloth Is A Prized Possession (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 11, 2021
AdaFonju:

Shut up my friend you want to create another ika vs igbo situation, the Urhobo/isoko ppl have had there identity as ancient Efa groups before bini-yorubas came from ile ife, Urhobo/isoko are languages with dialects

I dont really get u, But Ika bu ndi IGBO.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 11, 2021
DavidEsq:

Wen I tell peepz dat I'm Bayelsan Urhobo, ofoni precisely, dem go look like say I dey yarn duza. I even have the certificate of origin before bayelsa was created. I never hear dis Isoko own before o.

I never heard about Igala in Anambra until I was 27
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 11, 2021
femolii:
Ijaw people in ondo are tanants to Ilajes because they went there for economic purposes n their from gbanran in deltal state today people calling them part of ondo state people but u don't want people to call them tanants in ondo now u are calling isoko people people tenant in bayelsa u see your life.

Obasanjo forcefully added Ijaws into Ondo state during his state creation in 1976.....To make ondo an oil producing state..ijaw in ondo are not visitors, Its their home land
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 11, 2021
AdaFonju:

I agree with you totally, they are now nonentities in Niger delta with a population less than 200k, whereas the Urhobo/isoko are numbering close to 5 million

How can urhobo be 3.5 million and isoko 1.5 million.......And most Urhobo people live in delta state, a state with a population of 4 million with Igbos and Itshekiri there as well
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 11, 2021
AdaFonju:

You see the problem, Igbos are quick to point out that they have communities in Benue but ignore that there are non-igbo tribes in the soutg east, shame on all of you

List those non-igbos in the SE that speak a language asides igbo
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Sanchez01: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2021
Logan23:

The person who owns the land, Owns the state. If igbos buy up 70% of Lagos lands and their population reaches 60 - 70 percent, lagos becomes the property of igbo and virtually all political posts in lagos will go to igbos. THERE'S ACTUALLY NOTHING SPECIAL IN THIS.

THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL IN FINDING ISOKO people few minutes drive from delta state where the main isoko block is located..nothing special @ all
Some of you write like you sat on your brains. Bask in your folly and stop with the mentions. You're not worth engaging.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2021
babacletus:

Bros Ibibio speaking communities plenty for Aba, there's one in Obingwa lga at the border end and a lot of others
List those ibibio speaking communities in Aba and add a link too.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2021
Sanchez01:

Some of you write like you sat on your brains. Bask in your folly and stop with the mentions. You're not worth engaging.

I've read tons of ur posts and peoples replies to ur posts...U type total bumkum
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 11, 2021
fratermathy:

Edo is NOT an ethnic group. It is collective socio-linguistic heritage of the Urhobos/Isokos/Binis/Owans/Afemais/Epies/etc.

If you don't know this, then your hegemonic attempt is dead on arrival. Try elsewhere.

Igbos were a part of the Bini kingdom too
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 11, 2021
Efewestern

Pls what does Anibeze mean?
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdakaBoro8(m): 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
Sanchez01:

I'm sorry but I don't take the word of an Ijaw man as final authority, particularly on land related matters and we all know why.

A simple Google search could add to your knowledge of what Efe has shared. The land grabbing tendencies of the Ijaws is mind boggling and I guess it is why your hosts sometimes put up a fight against you. The recent one is that of the Edo state tussle, not forgetting your Ondo claims and even Lagos, about owning almost all riverine areas in the Metropolis.

the people of ondo never complain for once that the ijaw ondo are not indigenes. it only igbos and edo people crying and complaining.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdakaBoro8(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
Afam4eva:

This is exactly my point. They were carved into Bayelsa state and did not migrate there. So, it's their. Some people make it seem like they migrated to bayelsa and were given land by the Ijaws.
stop been hypocrity.try practice what you said. you also forgot that its state creation that also carve parts of ijaw into edo state, but now benin people are claiming that as far as the given name is edo, any other tribe in it must start lose it identity and become benin overnight. and you support them without considering the state creation.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdakaBoro8(m): 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
BininKingdom:
So Bayelsa is not 100% Ijaw?
Which means Ijaw people don't own any state in Nigeria
is there any state in nigeria 100% own by an ethnic group?

beside isoko only own one single community in bayelsa. it means 99% bayelsans are IZON.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdakaBoro8(m): 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
ContentedK:
Which is people of niger delta again?, that's utter garbage... pls study your history thoroughly before you come here to avoid trash...
mumu. we are people of niger delta. come and beat me. fool.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by ContentedK: 2:57pm On Feb 11, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
mumu. we are people of niger delta. come and beat me. fool.
no worries una go hear with una cattles for zoogeria very soon.. e go shock una, only the lucky ones will escape, we will chase you fools to futa jalon where you come from.. no be joke o..
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
ContentedK:
no worries una go hear with una cattles for zoogeria very soon.. e go shock una, only the lucky ones will escape, we will chase you fools to futa jalon where you come from.. no be joke o..
mumu. wasted.. carry dat una satanic Biafra come enter niger delta na.. useless igbo tribe. i am proudly niger deltan, u can go to hell if he pain u.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Efewestern: 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2021
Logan23:

Obasanjo forcefully added Ijaws into Ondo state during his state creation in 1976.....To make ondo an oil producing state..ijaw in ondo are not visitors, Its their home land

The Ijaws have been in Ondo state for ages, even before obasanjo was born, during the Urhobo exploration in Ondo, they documented how they met indigenous ijaw people in the state, I created a thread about our migration to Ikale and the significant ijaw population in Ondo, this was in the early 1900's, so this your narrative is false.

https://www.nairaland.com/5916221/look-urhobo-migration-okitipupa-other

By 1931 the Ikale occupied an area of about 1,261 square km and out of a population of 60,902 in this territory, 25% were Urhobo. Apart from lkale there were llaje (also a Yoruba people) and ljo indigenes in Okitipupa Division.

The Urhobo migrant element in the Division, which had been coming in since the 19th century, dwindled from 22.3% of the population in 1952 to 14.7% in I963. This variation in the figures has to do with the economic changes in the environment and the achievement of migrant targets and the consequent re-migration or return home. Besides the Yoruba majority of 74.4%, there were 8.2% ljo. 1% lgbo, and less than 1% each of Bini, lsoko, ltsekiri, Hausa, Efik, lbibio, and other small elements.

@Bolded, that was Ijo/Ijaw population in old Ondo state before it was divided, so you can see that they were indigenes and have lived side by side with other yoruboid groups before OBJ was born.

Logan23:

How can urhobo be 3.5 million and isoko 1.5 million.......And most Urhobo people live in delta state, a state with a population of 4 million with Igbos and Itshekiri there as well

During the last census, the Urhobos were 2.5million, that was in 2006, so by now, they should have increased in numbers. Also the population of Delta state is almost 6million.

Logan23:
Efewestern

Pls what does Anibeze mean?

Can't really tell the meaning of Anibeze, the word is deeply rooted in Isoko.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
Efewestern:

The Ijaws have been in Ondo state for ages, even before obasanjo was born, during the Urhobo exploration in Ondo, they documented how they met indigenous ijaw people in the state, I created a thread about our migration to Ikale and the significant ijaw population in Ondo, this was in the early 1900's, so this your narrative is false.

https://www.nairaland.com/5916221/look-urhobo-migration-okitipupa-other

@Bolded, that was Ijo/Ijaw population in old Ondo state before it was divided, so you can see that they were indigenes and have lived side by side with other yoruboid groups before OBJ was born.

During the last census, the Urhobos were 2.5million, that was in 2006, so by now, they should have increased in numbers. Also the population of Delta state is almost 6million.

Can't really tell the meaning of Anibeze, the word is deeply rooted in Isoko.

Are u listening to urself?

In 2006 Urhobo is 2.5 million people and IGBO, Itsekiri, Ijaw and Isoko totals 1.5 million people grin grin

Wake up.

I asked the meaning of that Anibeze because it is equally an igbo word and also an igbo name
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Efewestern: 12:10am On Feb 12, 2021
Logan23:

Are u listening to urself?

In 2006 Urhobo is 2.5 million people and IGBO, Itsekiri, Ijaw and Isoko totals 1.5 million people grin grin

Wake up.

I asked the meaning of that Anibeze because it is equally an igbo word and also an igbo name

The population of Itsekiri alone in the last census was 800-1million, I don't know where you got this stats from, regardless, Urhobo is the largest ethnic group in the state, so definitely they would top considering also their polygamous nature.

I said I don't know the meaning of Anibeze, it might have a different meaning in Igbo, for example, "Agege" is used by lagosians but in Urhobo, it has a special and different meaning.

Ethnic groups in southern Nigeria one way or the other share some few lexicons by the way.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 12, 2021
Efewestern:

The population of Itsekiri alone in the last census was 800-1million, I don't know where you got this stats from, regardless, Urhobo is the largest ethnic group in the state, so definitely they would top considering also their polygamous nature.

I said I don't know the meaning of Anibeze, it might have a different meaning in Igbo, for example, "Agege" is used by lagosians but in Urhobo, it has a special and different meaning.

Ethnic groups in southern Nigeria one way or the other share some few lexicons by the way.

" I don't know where you got this stats from, regardless "

Stop acting ignorant, I'm using ur very own stats. U said with ur mouth that in 2006 census, Urhobo population was 2.5 million, now u said Itshekiri is about 1 million, making it 3.5 million.

Now are u saying that the population of isoko, ijaw and igbos who sits on more local govt areas than urhobo make up 500k people?? Totalling abt 4 million people, which was the population of Delta state in 2006? Think again n correct urself
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:14am On Feb 12, 2021
SicilianMafia:
This ijaws are really the smallest minorities in this country grin grin grin grin grin grin grin even the tiny bayelsa they are also sharing it grin grin grin grin grin cheesy they are even tenants there sef cheesy wink cheesy
talk sense na. even delta ijaws are more the whole edo state.. bayelsa is 99% ijaw. isoko own only 1 tiny community.. even that edo state 20% are ijaws.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:29am On Feb 12, 2021
femolii:
Ijaw people in ondo are tanants to Ilajes because they went there for economic purposes n their from gbanran in deltal state today people calling them part of ondo state people but u don't want people to call them tanants in ondo now u are calling isoko people people tenant in bayelsa u see your life.
what u saying is beyond your comprehension.. how can you called an ages long people a tenant because state carve say so??

Ijaws are in two LGAs in ondo state. even the ilages cant deny that.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2021
SicilianMafia:

Don't mind those useless fools..... They still remain the smallest minorities in this country and that's what they will always be!!
IZON remain the 4th largest ethnic in nigeria. all those small small microscopic tribes are ijawphobia
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:47am On Feb 12, 2021
femolii:
Shut up oga two fowl hause is now community,where is 100 communities u are talking about the one ontop water at arogbo? try and get sense.
mumunii. arogbo and apoi own up to 100
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by DavidEsq(m): 2:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
Logan23:

I never heard about Igala in Anambra until I was 27
U see am?
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2021
DavidEsq:

U see am?

Ya. Same way u can be from Ofoni and not know that there are isoko people in baye8

1 Like

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by isokomarine: 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
is there any state in nigeria 100% own by an ethnic group?

beside isoko only own one single community in bayelsa. it means 99% bayelsans are IZON.
that is not true, isoko has up to eight communities in bayelsa state

1 Like

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Ovis1302(m): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
isokomarine:
that is not true, isoko has up to eight communities in bayelsa state
Pls name them.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by UGBE634: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2021
fratermathy:

I won't keep running around circles with a deluded infant. Bini is just one of the ethnic groups speaking an Edoid language. Whatever your King calls himself is his own palaver. My king may as well title himself as the Ovie r'Nigeria. That doesn't ascribe to him any hegemonic hold over Nigerians.

Don't mention me on this issue again. My point has been made. Feel free to keep deluding yourself in Benin City or whichever European city you've crossed the Sahara desert to get to.

Some persons really need to teleport themselves from the 18th century to the present. Such a shame.
I am not bothered about the other point but I wish to correct something. There is a group called Edo and that group is Bini. No group refers to theirselves as EDO when speaking their native tongue except Benin. There's nothing like Benin in Edo language, we call ourselves Iviedo and when we say that we are referring to Binis alone. likewise an Esan man will not call himself Oviedo but Oviesan. But if he is referring to the the Binis in his native language he will say Iviedo. and not Oviebini hence the term "Esangbedo". Bini is a Yoruba or itsekiri cum Colonial relic that stuck it makes no meaning in the language and to any Edo man. No Bini man will use it to refer to himself if not for easy identification so as not to confuse the Person he is communicating himself to.. infact No Bini use it except he is speaking English but same cannot be said of the Appelation of other tribes Esan, etsako, owan etc. Edo is used to refer to the city, the entire Bini speaking land, the people and the language. There is a language and a tribe called Edo and that is Benin. If you are familiar with the land, the city, language and the people you would know this. Other great Benins before me on this forum have written on this topic before, If you want me to search such threads out I can, PhysicsQed, Areafada2. Sincerely I am not alone, we all feel the same way.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by fratermathy(m): 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2021
UGBE634:
I am not bothered about the other point but I wish to correct something. There is a group called Edo and that group is Bini. No group refers to theirselves as EDO when speaking their native tongue except Benin. There's nothing like Benin in Edo language, we call ourselves Iviedo and when we say that we are referring to Binis alone. likewise an Esan man will not call himself Oviedo but Oviesan. But if he is referring to the the Binis in his native language he will say Iviedo. and not Oviebini hence the term "Esangbedo". Bini is a Yoruba or itsekiri cum Colonial relic that stuck it makes no meaning in the language and to any Edo man. No Bini man will use it to refer to himself if not for easy identification so as not to confuse the Person he is communicating himself to.. infact No Bini use it except he is speaking English but same cannot be said of the Appelation of other tribes Esan, etsako, owan etc. Edo is used to refer to the city, the entire Bini speaking land, the people and the language. There is a language and a tribe called Edo and that is Benin. If you are familiar with the land, the city, language and the people you would know this. Other great Benins before me on this forum have written on this topic before, If you want me to search such threads out I can, PhysicsQed, Areafada2. Sincerely I am not alone, we all feel the same way.

Thanks for your explanation. Really helpful.
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by isokomarine: 10:38am On Jul 05, 2021
Ovis1302:

Pls name them.
isoko community of sagbama local government area bayelsa state
Osekwenike
Kanan
Osifo
Anibeze
Ikpide
Abuetor
Ogbokiri - ama
Re: Meet The Anibeze People Of Bayelsa State, The Isoko Tribe Found In Bayelsa by Ovis1302(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2021
isokomarine:
isoko community of sagbama local government area bayelsa state
Osekwenike
Kanan
Osifo
Anibeze
Ikpide
Abuetor
Okay..These communities should be at Odi, Toru- fani axis I guess

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Olori Ola Adeyemi Builds House For Her Mother (Photos) / 13 Trending Nigerian Slangs And Their Meanings / 7 Facts About The North

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.