Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) (57141 Views)

3-year-old Boy Mauled To Death By Two Pit Bulls In South Africa (graphic Photo) / 3 Months Old German Shepherd Puppies - Price 50k, FREE Delivery Nationwide / Anabel, My 3-Month-Old Caucasian Dog's Energy Level Is Weak. Please Help (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 19, 2018
Greatzeus:

Wow,you commented as if you knew this topic will be on front page today,and prepared for it like exam.
Take this award for excellent comment

Thank you grin grin grin
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by faithesco(f): 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
Yes dear boiled,i use it in mixing her indomie,
just like we use tin tomatoes to mix white rice, it makes it rich with it's content
mankand:
Lovely dog. I have a German shepherd too but she is just 5 months old.

So you feed yours with catfish intestines? Boiled?
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by lookingfly: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
faithesco:
My German shepherd decided to hunt for herself,cause the last time she ate a bowl of meat was during the Yuletide season,and since then she's been feeding on catfish intestine,as per the economy is too hard to provide her with meat all the time,but what to do,Aunty mayoress has good taste and since she's been longing for this she hunted this rabbit for herself while everyone was fast asleep grin grin......So I took it upon myself to prepare it for her cos Aunty doesn't eat raw food wink...Enjoy yourself darling kiss
i hope say the antirabies vaccination for ur dog de up to date?
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by femi4: 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
faithesco:
Yes dear boiled,i use it in mixing her indomie,
just like we use tin tomatoes to mix white rice, it makes it rich with it's content
Next time, buy plenty suya for your dog. Tell aboki to put plenty onions
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by InHim4Him(m): 5:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
hostine316:
OP, incase you don't know, onions aren't good for dogs. Onions contain an ingredient called thiosulphate which is toxic to cats and dogs. The ingestion of onions causes a condition called hemolytic anemia, which is characterized by damage to the red blood cells. Onion toxicity can cause the red blood cells circulating through your pet's body to burst.

Lost my German shepherd when a farm hand tried to help and fed onions to the dog. Painful though!

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by Baroba(m): 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
KingGBsky:

The first is a giant rat otherwise known as African giant rat.
The second is a rabbit.

You are right, but that picture from battabox is not the same animal posted by OP, OP killed a Giant African pouch rat, the pix you shared is a grasscutter or cane rat..
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by adecz: 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
Where have you ever seen a
rabbit with long tail?? undecided

This is a giant rat that lives in
soakaways & latrines in the city.

Dirty meat..

2 Likes

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by KBdownloads(m): 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2018
u dey cook with onions for dog? dyu want to kill the dog??

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by Kingsoul1(m): 6:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
faithesco:
My German shepherd decided to hunt for herself,cause the last time she ate a bowl of meat was during the Yuletide season,and since then she's been feeding on catfish intestine,as per the economy is too hard to provide her with meat all the time,but what to do,Aunty mayoress has good taste and since she's been longing for this she hunted this rabbit for herself while everyone was fast asleep grin grin......So I took it upon myself to prepare it for her cos Aunty doesn't eat raw food wink...Enjoy yourself darling kiss
its a shame that you don't know the difference between a rat and a rabbit...

2 Likes

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by AreaFada2: 6:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
yaksdavirus:
Thats a RAT not RABBIT

Although called African pouched rat or Gambian pouched rat (Cricetomys gambianus), it is not actually a rat. It is also not a rabbit. It is a muroid. Muroidae is a very complex/large family of rodents. So large that it makes up about 25% of all mammals.

Since not all is known about them, there is always argument about which belongs where:hamster-like, mole, mice, rat, etc.

In most Nigerian villages this animal is called rabbit. Incorrectly of course.

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by ADRIAN88(m): 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
faithesco:

Onions & Dogs don't go together oooh! Before u kill this your fine aunty.

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by deebrownneymar: 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
It's so sad many Nigerians can't differentiate rat and rabbit. @OP Olodo! It's a rat. Google remains your friend, not the useless naija police.

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by dyangprof(m): 6:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
johnnyn1:

Nice one doggy..
But that rat ain't a rabbit
Real Rabbit.
It's called Okete in yoruba dialect
Only those who have abode around Bush rural area Wil know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by MrOfficer(m): 7:28pm On Feb 19, 2018
simplex2:
Dogs are allergic to onions; stop putting onions in its food.

Yea you right. Salts too. Messes the hairs
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by nairalanduseles: 7:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
people on nairaland can stupid to call that a giant rat........Nigeria useless ppl
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by davillian(m): 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
faithesco:
1st thing to do is to chop off the white tail of the rat.
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by Inanslove(m): 7:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
Beautiful dog.......
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by Maski87: 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
I sure say my man ate some of the meat
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
But that's not a rabbit though...
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by friendl: 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
See this guy ,boiled onions ,bean and chocolate not good for any kind of dog
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by eminent007(m): 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2018
Gkay1:
someone should tell me d different between RAT AND RABBIT

яαт ιѕ ѕρєℓт "яαт"

яαввιт ιѕ ѕρєℓт "яαввιт"

υ я ωєℓ¢σмє.

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by Tellemall: 8:48pm On Feb 19, 2018
faithesco:

But that is a rat.

There are no wild rabbits in Nigeria. There are only these rats.

Lovely dog, but onions should not be eaten by dogs.
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by horia: 9:00pm On Feb 19, 2018
johnnyn1:

Nice one doggy..

But that rat ain't a rabbit
I can't differentiate them. How did you do it.

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by tradepunter: 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
PLEASE DONT GIVE YOUR DOG ONION.... PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by Ovi4god(m): 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2018
The difference is the BBI

1 Like

Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by KingGBsky(m): 9:26pm On Feb 19, 2018
Baroba:

You are right, but that picture from battabox is not the same animal posted by OP, OP killed a Giant African pouch rat, the pix you shared is a grasscutter or cane rat..

Yes you are right.
I was just trying to describe that African giant rat is way bigger than the normal rat and it can be well recognized by the tail.
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by johnnyn1(m): 9:54pm On Feb 19, 2018
horia:
I can't differentiate them. How did you do it.

It's easy to differentiate
Rabbit are way more bigger than that..
And they have a big ear � to themselves..

http://google.com would be of help
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by DavIkenna(m): 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
Dat dog hunt nd killed an innocent rabbit. Nd we dey clap for am.
Re: Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) by vertueptime: 10:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
Throwback:
When did a Rabbit lose its long strong ears and have a mouth like a Rat?

My brother thats the effect of attending mama akpafure nursery and primary school

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Smart And Trained Snake We Killed / Boxes Filled With 5,000 Dead Dogs, Cats, Rabbits Found At Courier Depot In China / Dog Saves Family From Cobra In Bayelsa ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.