Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help (3872 Views)

Valentine: "See What I Got For My Faraway Soldier Boyfriend And I" / Hilarious Memes About The Girl That Proposed To Her Boyfriend And Got Rejected / 13 Signs Your Life Is Centered Around Your Boyfriend And It Is Sickening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by TheUpsetGirl(m): 2:20am On Feb 21, 2018
Hello sad

I love my boo very much but the problem is he's poor ,sometimes I even give him money and now he said we should get married after finishing is NYSC last week. not that I hate poor people, but if we get married am I not going to suffer? please help me, even my mom is complaining. we've been dating for six years, the money he has spent on me up till date is not upto 100k
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by greatnaija01: 2:34am On Feb 21, 2018
Wow you are a good girl but really really not wise. You are not even able to help him now if for six years you couldnt help him.

LOVE is the 6th thing to consider before marriage, there are 5 things to consider.

1) CAN HE HELP YOU or CAN HE LEAD you with proof IN any area of LIFE?

2) WIFE is supposed to be a HELPER, how have you ever HELPED him in the areas he is deficient in the past six years(not about giving him cash o... I mean moved him with his permission or effort from a certain level to a better level)

3) ACCOMMODATION - where will u LIVE if you both get married? Is his parents house? or in a slum somewhere? or u will foot the bills too?
3b) do you want your kids born in such environment?

4) WHAT IS HIS FINANCIAL DISCIPLINE? DOES HE SAVE? OR HE SPENDS EVERYTHING HE GETS? Then you should know you are marrying a financial babe.... and be prepared to suffer it o

5)DOES HE HAVE A VISION TO BE GREAT AND HOW DOES HE PURSUE IT DAILY? IS THERE A SPIRITUAL PROBLEM? IS HE FROM A POOR FAMILY? so maybe he sees nothing wrong with poverty or he does not have enough push from u.

6) Do you both LOVE EACH OTHER?

7) the rest questions.

IF YOU BOTH ENTERED THE RELATIONSHIP BASED ON VISION AND PROPER PLANNING THEN YOU WOULD NOT BE IN THIS PHASE NOW. Can you start a business together? what will your kids eat, wear, where will they sleep? will you put your kids in an environment they will be ashamed of?

NYSC guy has not yet started life yet o... abi una wan do NYSC for MARRIAGE ni?

PLS BE WISE.... poverty in dating is better than in MARRIAGE o

TheUpsetGirl:
Hello sad

I love my boo very much but the problem is he's poor ,sometimes I even give him money and now he said we should get married after finishing is NYSC last week. not that I hate poor people, but if we get married am I not going to suffer? please help me, even my mom is complaining. we've been dating for six years, the money he has spent on me up till date is not upto 100k

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Fweshspice(m): 2:34am On Feb 21, 2018
why u dey upset
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Nutase: 4:11am On Feb 21, 2018
Fake story.

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by pyyxxaro: 4:28am On Feb 21, 2018
Go and sell one of his kidney or sell yours, use the money u realised to start business

Thank me later embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by femi4: 6:03am On Feb 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
Hello sad

A man that cannot provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

Tell him to come back and marry you when he can conveniently feed himself and two other mouths

3 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by boboLIL(m): 6:22am On Feb 21, 2018
attention seeker

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by MhizAJ(f): 6:24am On Feb 21, 2018
Love aside

Don't ever marry a poor man
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
Hello sad

I think your guy should leave you as you are more interested in the money.He may be poor today but I am sure he has a vision,which you have not articulated in this post.You are short sighted woman with obviously no value.He is better off without you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by miracool946: 6:56am On Feb 21, 2018
things might change

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by BluntBoyII: 7:06am On Feb 21, 2018
femi4:

Tell him to come back and marry you when he can conveniently feed himself and two other mouths

That is rather harsh. There are men who could provide for their families who lost everything in one day and found themselves unable to provide for their families anymore. Many had to start from the scratch and it took a long while before they could begin providing for their families again. It can happen to anyone, and not just people who failed to save.

5 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by BluntBoyII: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
Hello sad

You didn't tell us a lot of things. Is he lazy or hardworking? Does he have realisable dreams?

If he is lazy or has some wild unattainable dreams, just take a walk. A poor man today may be the rich man tommorow. But you should be able to see the signs such as the zeal and traces of a hard worker. If these signs are missing, I will advise you to move on.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 21, 2018
greatnaija01:
Wow you are a good girl but really really not wise. You are not even able to help him now if for six years you couldnt help him.

LOVE is the 6th thing to consider before marriage, there are 5 things to consider.

Nice one, i need to come and re-read your posts each time to remind me.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
Hello sad

He's poor and want to marry? Anyway most of these rich people started out poor, never underestimate. He might just land a juicy job tomorrow. Put him in prayers OK. P.s when married, don't give birth until things brighten up.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Lionessza(f): 7:33am On Feb 21, 2018
1. You have an opportunity to build something from the ground up with someone , this could be the best decision you ever make . Standing by your man through it all, till you reach your goals . Which could be satisfying.

2. You could also stand by him and when things are well, you could however end up regretting all the years you spent being loyal to him and turning down eligible bachelors that had everything going for them.

Is he worth the risk ....that is the big question. Some men can be humble and loyal when hungry , fill up their pockets and you will know who they really are .

Becareful, lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by femi4: 7:45am On Feb 21, 2018
BluntBoyII:

That is rather harsh. There are men who could provide for their families who lost everything in one day and found themselves unable to provide for their families anymore. Many had to start from the scratch and it took a long while before they could begin providing for their families again. It can happen to anyone, and not just people who failed to save.

That's a different scenario. My stand is that a man is not suppose think of marriage without any source of livelihood
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by pointblank247(m): 7:45am On Feb 21, 2018
MhizAJ:
Love aside
what if the man has prospect :'
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by pointblank247(m): 7:45am On Feb 21, 2018
MhizAJ:
Love aside
what if the man has prospect :'
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
Hello sad

TRUE PICTURE of a POOR NIGERIAN LADY....

That a LADY loves you so much is because she has not seen nor gotten hold of a better man.

The DAY she discovers such, her behavior towards you changes. She will ensure, she frustrates you out of the relationship.
That's why I encourage my MEN not to pity them.
Go for the BEST LADIES, whose financial burden/ national debt can always be settled by they themselves.

Ladies whose futures are secured, at least to a larger extent.
When I was DATING, I left as many as possible because they had nothing to offer, rather they were all around me fighting hard to feast on me.......
Someday, I now asked myself that "if It had been that I was impoverished" would these same number of ladies love me...??

Go for PRODUCTIVE LADIES ooooo.
That's why people enter marriages and start begging from day 1.....
Don't also expect GOD to intervene immediately when poverty strikes oo
Don't ever think NIGERIA will ever get better.
Leave Nyansh and breastt ooooo
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
Hello sad

upset girl ur english is killing me, is ur boyfriend a transgendered dis one u want to marry her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by BluntBoyII: 7:51am On Feb 21, 2018
femi4:
That's a different scenario. My stand is that a man is not suppose think of marriage without any source of livelihood

This was what you wrote:

You made no explicit distinction between a man preparing to marry and one already married.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by crismark(m): 7:52am On Feb 21, 2018
ur boyfriend is sick....he has nt started making moni nd he is tinking of getting married..
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by femi4: 7:54am On Feb 21, 2018
BluntBoyII:

This was what you wrote:

You made no explicit distinction between a man preparing to marry and one already married.
Are you blind? you didn't see the second post

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 21, 2018
crismark:
ur boyfriend is sick....he has nt started making moni nd he is tinking of getting married..
...and you have conclusively judged the matter.
He may have something small doing with the hope that things will eventually get better,....but due to Ladies Natural lust for material things, he may not be meeting up.
Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by Latusa(m): 7:56am On Feb 21, 2018
Nigerian girls their mind with money are like police and 50 naira, women of little faith

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by CAPSLOCKED: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
Hello sad

HARDWORKING MEN GET MARRIED TO POOR RAT EATING GIRLS EVERYTIME, AND EVERYONE IS COMFORTABLE. NOBODY TALKS ABOUT SUFFERING.

GET A JOB, AND MARRY YOUR POOR BOYFRIEND TOO.
SPONSOR THE WEDDING, PAY FOR HIS SUIT.

BE THE LEADER OF THE FAMILY AND TAKE CARE OF THE BILLS.

OR ARE YOU NOT A FEMINIST?

WE NEED GENDER EQUALITY, MY DEAR. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by crismark(m): 8:22am On Feb 21, 2018
EVILFOREST:

...and you have conclusively judged the matter.
He may have something small doing with the hope that things will eventually get better,....but due to the natural Ladies lust for material things, he may not be meeting up.
dnt mind me bro..i was too quick to judge...u may be right tho.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by mejorhofficial(m): 8:24am On Feb 21, 2018
MhizAJ:
Love aside

You're right i cant marry a poor woman too,98% of woman do thinks when its time to get married they get their self attractive and most unluckily jump into men that are not ready for that and all they could offer sex..hmm i'm sorry to say this i will rather prefer a sexdoll to such woman so ladies beware dont think the only think you can offer are children

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by CAPSLOCKED: 8:30am On Feb 21, 2018
MhizAJ:
Love aside

IF ALL RICH MEN BEHAVED LIKE THIS.. NOT MARRYING POOR LADIES, AND THE POOR LADIES WAITING FOR A RICH MAN WHO WILL NEVER COME BY...

MY DEAR, 99% OF THE WORLD FEMALE POPULATION WOULD STILL BE SINGLE.

YOUR ADVICE SHOULD BE TO YOURSELF, AND YOUR SISTERS. NOT ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

I'VE SEEN POOR MEN WHO MADE IT WITH THE ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENTS OF THEIR LOVING, HARDWORKING WIVES.

DON'T JUST BE A BRAINLESS LEG-SPREADER WHO WOULD CONTRIBUTE NOTHING TO A MAN'S LIFE APART FROM AN EXPERTISE IN LEG-SPREADING.

BE A GO GETTER.

2 Likes

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by LifeofEFCC: 8:41am On Feb 21, 2018
TheUpsetGirl:
Hello sad

1 Like

Re: I Love My Boyfriend And Want To Marry But He Is Poor, Please Help by BluntBoyII: 8:44am On Feb 21, 2018
femi4:
Are you blind? you didn't see the second post

It doesn't matter. The first paragraph sums up the essence of your post. Or did you miss comprehension skills classes in school Just admit your mistake and move on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Deal With My Bipolar Disorder Towards Girls? / Never Trust A Guy Who Does These 10 Things / Marriage Kills Men But Uplifts Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.