Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey (3292 Views)

Why do Nigerian Actresses Always Wear Makeup In Movies? / Oyinbo Man & His Nigerian Fiancee Rock Super Eagles Jersey In Pre-wedding Photos / Couple Rocks Super Eagles Jersey In Doggy Style Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by patval(f): 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2018
I have observed several times that labourers and nitwits always wear Chelsea Jersey and am wondering why the trend.
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by habsydiamond(m): 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2018
because dem like Chelsea just like abramovich...the owner grin grin
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
patval:
I have observed several times that labourers and nitwits always wear Chelsea Jersey and am wondering why the trend.

I think general acceptance. Chelsea was the first English club to fully embrace the use of black players and paid huge sign on fees for African players, a trend which was not so common then amongst the elite English clubs. They were also the first to field as much as 4 or 5 African players in high profile matches like the champions league or FA Cup finals. This action endeared them to hearts of majority of Africans hence their huge followership.

I am a Man U fan by the way, so I say this without any bias smiley

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Stevengerd(m): 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2018
patval:
Well said. kip observing, why your mate are topping the chart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Babamide(m): 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
U didn't add bike men, real time hustlers, bank executives, CEOs, students, cool babes, etc. Everyone is a potential Chelsea fan. We are the team accepted worldwide, we mess with the big boys and we are the only london team to ever win the UCL.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by dangermouse(m): 5:46pm On Feb 24, 2018
Chelsea has a grass root followership and its wonders can be felt by even the poorest amongst us who doesn't own a television set to watch their matches.
Keep hating!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by patval(f): 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
efesodje:

I think general acceptance. Chelsea was the first English club to fully embrace the use of black players and paid huge sign on fees for African players, a trend which was not so common then amongst the elite English clubs. They were also the first to field as much as 4 or 5 African players in high profile matches like the champions league or FA Cup finals. This action endeared them to hearts of majority of Africans hence their huge followership.

sensible

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Lonestar124: 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2018
Patval i will like to have an imperative discussion with you
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by DiabloGato: 8:01am On Feb 25, 2018
because Chelsea fans are passionate.

this pic has to be in your top ten best moment as a Chelsea fan. joy unspeakable!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by EmekaBlue(m): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2018
R u jealous of d BLUEZZZZZZ grin

Shove ur question up ur ass

Up Chelsea.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 25, 2018
efesodje:

I am a Man U fan by thas smiley

Oh really. Thanks for this.
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 25, 2018
efesodje:

or Chelsea were the biggest thing in England when the league became popular in Nigeria

London teams such as arsenal, Chelsea crystal place and Tottenham have always had African players

At a point
Arsenal had

Adebayo

kolo toure.

Eboue

Alex song

Playing in our first team

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 9:12am On Feb 25, 2018
DiabloGato:
because Chelsea fans are passionate.

this pic has to be in your top ten best moment as a Chelsea fan. joy unspeakable!!!!!!

Top ten?

That picture should be the second best moment of any true Chelseafc supporter, grin grin grin

The kyn voice wee I loose that day with my hommies eh! grin

Torres fvcked Valdez big time with that goal grin
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by patval(f): 9:16am On Feb 25, 2018
Lonestar124:
Patval i will like to have an imperative discussion with you
Am all ears
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 9:17am On Feb 25, 2018
patval:

Am all ears

Just passing
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by DiabloGato: 9:22am On Feb 25, 2018
donstan18:

Top ten?

That picture should be the second best moment of any true Chelseafc supporter, grin grin grin

The kyn voice wee I loose that day with my hommies eh! grin

Torres fvcked Valdez big time with that goal grin

your head dey there
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2018
greiboy:
or Chelsea were the biggest thing in England when the league became popular in Nigeria

London teams such arsenal, Chelsea crystal place and Tottenham have always had African players

At a point
Arsenal had

Adebayo

kolo toure.

Eboue

Alex song

Playing in our first team

From which year did Arsenal started featuring these players, Chelsea of mourinho then in 2004-2006 did and won title which made those players more popular.

How many Africans excluding Kanu Nwankwo won league with arsenal?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2018
DiabloGato:

your head dey there
Lol.
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by mikejj(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2018
grin grin na lie,even mai ruwa wears chelsea jersey..it means chelsea is a suffer club.even the fans una they SUFFER.coman beat me.
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2018
donstan18:

From which year did Arsenal started featuring these players, Chelsea of mourinho then in 2004-2006 did and won title which made those players more popular.

How many Africans excluding Kanu Nwankwo won league with arsenal?
lol

kolo toure had being in arsenal for a long time

Lauren (I almost forgot him but help my memory with quick google search)

owusu abiye from Ghana

Christopher weir from Liberia

kanu nwanko

Arsenal wenger has always been a fan of players from African origin

Modified

I just remembered now that only essien and drogba were the Africans part of Chelsea 2004 premier league winning squad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by patval(f): 9:33am On Feb 25, 2018
donstan18:

Just passing
No stopping No loitering No eavesdropping Keep moving
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Shugavee(f): 9:34am On Feb 25, 2018
Chelsea fans are bunch of touts!!! If u know u know!!
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2018
greiboy:
lol

kolo toure had being in arsenal for a long time

owusu abiye from Ghana

Christopher weir from Liberia

kanu nwanko

Arsenal wenger has always been a fan of players from African origin

Lol, you don't get my point.

I mean, how many African players did Arsenal played when they were at their peak of form and success, it was just french players then.

The likes of Henry, Wiltord, Pires, Overmass and one black french midfielder like that, I'v forgotten his name.
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2018
patval:
No stopping No loitering No eavesdropping Keep moving
Lol cheesy
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 9:40am On Feb 25, 2018
Shugavee:
Chelsea fans are bunch of touts!!! If u know u know!!

You'll marry a Chelsea fan....Football will be making her Hot than you cheesy
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Shugavee(f): 9:42am On Feb 25, 2018
donstan18:

You'll marry a Chelsea fan....Football will be making her Hot than you cheesy
abeg weyti this one dey talk??
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 9:44am On Feb 25, 2018
Shugavee:
abeg weyti this one dey talk??
Komot jaree cheesy
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 25, 2018
donstan18:

Lol, you don't get my point.

I mean, how many African players did Arsenal played when they were at their peak of form and success, it was just french players then.

The likes of Henry, Wiltord, Pires, Overmass and one black french midfielder like that, I'v forgotten his name.

only two Africans made it into made into Chelsea team too as at 2004, essien and Drogba

Solomon kalu and Michael only came much later. I can't recall of other Africans with a successful career after those four at Chelsea

Arsenal had the likes of

Kolo toure( before mou)

kanu nwanko (before mou)

Adebayo (After mou)

Luren (before mou)

Alex song (after mou)

Eboue (Slightly after mou)

That is six to four, although I can add the likes of celestine babayaro( before mou) for Chelsea just to even the equation a little

Wenger has always been a fan of African players, although mou is quite similar to wenger in that regard
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2018
greiboy:
only two Africans made it into made into Chelsea team too as at 2004, essien and Drogba

Solomon kalu and Michael only came much later. I can't recall of other Africans with a successful career after those four in Chelsea

Arsenal had the likes of

Kolo toure( before mou)

kanu nwanko (before mou)

Adebayo (After mou)

Luren (before mou)

Alex song (after mou)

Eboue (Slightly after mou)

That is six to four, although I can add the likes of celestine babayaro( before mou) for Chelsea just to even the equation a little

Wenger has always been a fan of African players, although mou is quite similar to wenger in that regard

Lol cheesy Ma Nigga grin...U made a point shaa

But, these players you named excluding Kanu and Toure weren't big hit and influence to the team's success nh...There likes can't even move or pull African fans grin

You cannot compare them with the likes of George weah, Essien, Mikel, Drogba, Kalou, moses..…Players that pulled fans from Africa grin

If we should go by your point of featuring any black player with less influence and potentials, then we will conclude that Newcastle United has featured most African players.

Wenger features french players than any other.
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Shugavee(f): 10:05am On Feb 25, 2018
donstan18:

Komot jaree cheesy
God punish you kiss grin
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 25, 2018
donstan18:

Lol cheesy Ma Nigga grin...U made a point shaa

But, these players you named excluding Kanu and Toure weren't big hit and influence to the team's success nh...There likes can't even move or pull African fans grin

You cannot compare them with the likes of George weah, Essien, Mikel, Drogba, Kalou, moses..…Players that pulled fans from Africa grin

If we should go by your point of featuring any black player with less influence and potentials, then we will conclude that Newcastle United has featured most African players.

Wenger features french players than any other.
You really think so

Adebayor was not big hitter in his time. but Competed for golden boot, I can't really remember if he won it. Earned big money move to city. Listen to francophone songs, they often praise him, as much as Drogba

Kolo Toure won a lot of accolades for his defensive prowess that earned him a move to big money Manchester united. He even scored more the obi Michael playing from a defensive position.

Lauren was a joy to watch, ask Cameroonians and People from French speaking part of Africa

I see you have added Moses cause I deliberately omitted him, cause you know he couldn't match up to Gervihno (another African player)

Song was popular and decent enough to attract the attention of Barcelona during his prime

Even African loved eboue during is playing days

The only really stand out player from your list is weah and Drogba, but how many agberos knew about the league when weah was playing for Chelsea.

Really, Wenger features only French players?

I will agree with you that Wenger prefer francophone African players tho, but they are still Africans.

But he has featured players from Nigeria, Ghana and Liberia too
Re: Why Do Labourers And Agbero Always Wear Chelsea Jersey by donstan18: 10:08am On Feb 25, 2018
Shugavee:
God punish you kiss grin
God is already punishing us by giving us the government we have cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Ladies Entitled To Transport Fare? / Street Interview, What Nigerians Are Saying About Hushpuppi / If Your Man Is Not Spending On You In Your Relationship, Dump Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.