Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? (23055 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / The Most Important Lesson From The Alarming Surge of Pastors' Rape Cases / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by sirBLUNT: 10:25am On Feb 25, 2018
OP go and ask debbie why she is wayward
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Espada10: 10:25am On Feb 25, 2018
Lomprico2:
Note that any pastor with wayward children is a fake pastor!! My take!
gbam

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by successinlife: 10:26am On Feb 25, 2018
Been wayward doesn't have family attachement,it is the kids personality that he grows up to be.I have seen children of wealthy people go wayward, children of presidents go wayward, children of pastors are not exception to this rule.Moreso,you will also see children of wicked people turning philantrpists, children of racists going after the people his family hate alot.If a child of a king can decide to die for a slave child ecen whe he/she knows the lover is a cast say it all.

All depends on different individuals and it has nothinh to do with my dad is a pastor/imam/monk or priest.babalawo.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by JerryGeo(m): 10:27am On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol sure I'm. Alot happens, I've even created a thread on what pastor kids go through, it's not a bed of roses as people expect it to be. Because dad heals the sick and blah blah. Maybe I should create a thread on why they become rebels using myself as a case study. I turned out to be opposite of what you'll expect from pastor kids and I'm not sad about my decision since it makes me happy.

i have learnt that the more you try to cage people the more freedom you expose them to. In as much as pastors will try to be very strict with their kids, any little opportunity these kids get to "misbehave" they will grab it. This is why even students of Madonna university (the ones i know) are very corrupt compared to those in federal and state uni. I mean that Madonna uni is basically an upgraded boarding sec school. You have to take permission to leave the school but their students are far from decent

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by aamstih: 10:46am On Feb 25, 2018
Good point Kristen.

kristen12:
They might not be really wayward. People just expect too much from them and they are expected to live according to a standard.

Btw, this topic has been discussed before.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Tamakay(m): 10:47am On Feb 25, 2018
Samsimple:
when dey find out their fathers are hypocrites in real life...

I swallowed ur ideas hook, line and sinker. To be honest, I totally agree with u.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by coputa(m): 10:52am On Feb 25, 2018
As the child of a pastor,the society placed much onus on you as a role model,because it is assumed that your parent must have inculcate in you,the tenet of Christianity.So,a little mistake from you is judgemental and is considered a misnomer.Having said that,they are also the target of satanic manipulations to distract their parents from propagating the good news
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 25, 2018
You kinda look like ebony reign. Has anyone ever told you that?
makydebbie:
Lol sure I'm. Alot happens, I've even created a thread on what pastor kids go through, it's not a bed of roses as people expect it to be. Because dad heals the sick and blah blah. Maybe I should create a thread on why they become rebels using myself as a case study. I turned out to be opposite of what you'll expect from pastor kids and I'm not sad about my decision since it makes me happy.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
My dad is a pastor but see what I turned out to be. grin
so u fuvk so hard, wow

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Augiiee(m): 10:59am On Feb 25, 2018
abeeee:
yeah most Pastors children are bad though not all.......but I think it's because the parents put too much attention to the congregation......and so the neglect their parental duty
Point of correction, they put too much attention on making money thereby neglecting their childrens' home training
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 11:02am On Feb 25, 2018
JerryGeo:

i have learnt that the more you try to cage people the more freedom you expose them to. In as much as pastors will try to be very strict with their kids, any little opportunity these kids get to "misbehave" they will grab it. This is why even students of Madonna university (the ones i know) are very corrupt compared to those in federal and state uni. I mean that Madonna uni is basically an upgraded boarding sec school. You have to take permission to leave the school but their students are far from decent

Exactly bro. Most people think the devil will try to destroy the church using the pastor kids. It may be true but not entirely true. Firstly, they're neglected. Pastors have alot going in their lives and ministries that they always don't take note when their kids are going astray. Infact, I doubt they know what goes home at home. The father figure is mostly nonexistent. If I'm asked what went wrong in my case, I'll say responsibilities were not taken seriously.

When anything happens in our home, my father thinks it's the devil. I remember at the age of nine, I fasted three days dry fasting, no food no water for three days. You know why? I took third position in class that year and my dad was like, "the devil is trying to strike his tent". He didn't bother asking where I went wrong or why I didn't get the usual position, he just concluded it was the devil. And that was how I started fasting lol anytime I remember I just laugh it off. In my house, anything that happens, we fast because it's definitely the devil trying to destroy us sometimes when issues can be solved logically, it's the devil we blame.

I remember three years ago, my dad was having a meeting with his fellow pastors in the house and he asked me to get him something, I told him I was having cramps. My dad said I should get serious with prayers because cramps comes from spirit husbands. THAT WAS WHEN I GAVE UP. grin

Nowadays, I do what makes me happy even though I know pman isn't happy with me. I still believe in God though.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2018
LadyGoddiva:
You kinda look like ebony reign. Has anyone ever told you that?
Yea I was told that last week but I didn't take the guy serious. We don't look alike aside having the same color or do we?
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by JerryGeo(m): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:

Exactly bro. Most people think the devil will try to destroy the church using the pastor kids. It may be true but not entirely true. Firstly, they're neglected. Pastors have alot going in their lives and ministries that they always don't take note when their kids are going astray. Infact, I doubt they know what goes home at home. The father figure is mostly nonexistent. If I'm asked what went wrong in my case, I'll say responsibilities were not taken seriously.

When anything happens in our home, my father thinks it's the devil. I remember at the age of nine, I fasted three days dry fasting, no food no water for three days. You know why? I took third position in class that year and my dad was like, "the devil is trying to strike his tent". He didn't bother asking where I went wrong or why I didn't get the usual position, he just concluded it was the devil. And that was how I started fasting lol anytime I remember I just laugh it off. In my house, anything that happens, we fast because it's definitely the devil trying to destroy us sometimes when issues can be solved logically, it's the devil we blame.

I remember three years ago, my dad was having a meeting with his fellow pastors in the house and he asked me to get him something, I told him I was having cramps. My dad said I should get serious with prayers because cramps comes from spirit husbands. THAT WAS WHEN I GAVE UP. grin

Nowadays, I do what makes me happy even though I know pman isn't happy with me. I still believe in God though.

Hehehe wonder how many days fasting you would have done if you had taken the last position. You would probably be trying to break Jesus' record

What religion is doing to Africans though...
no one reasons logically again

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 11:18am On Feb 25, 2018
JerryGeo:

Hehehe wonder how many days fasting you would have done if you had taken the last position. You would probably be trying to break Jesus' record

What religion is doing to Africans though...
no one reasons logically again
Lmao, I'm sure it would've been for a year. grin

I tell you, no one thinks logically again. Everything is attributed to spirituality.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by achiever12: 11:19am On Feb 25, 2018
kristen12:
They might not be really wayward. People just expect too much from them and they are expected to live according to a standard.

Btw, this topic has been discussed before.

Lie. They behave worse than the people that "expect too much from them"
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 25, 2018
Omooba77:
Please why are children of Pastors and ministers wayward and living in disobedience against God?

Because they know the truth.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by davillian(m): 11:22am On Feb 25, 2018
Think after casting out demons,witches and wizard.
They won't look for a weak link in the family to posses.
The pastors might be untouchable but the children are not.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by JerryGeo(m): 11:23am On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
Lmao, I'm sure it would've been for a year. grin

I tell you, no one thinks logically again. Everything is attributed to spirituality.

...and they will back it up with "the spiritual controls the physical"

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by kristen12(f): 11:24am On Feb 25, 2018
achiever12:

Lie. They behave worse than the people that "expect too much from them"

If it's a lie or truth that's your business. It is my opinion, I didn't force it down your throat. Say yours and leave undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 11:27am On Feb 25, 2018
JerryGeo:

...and they will back it up with "the spiritual controls the physical"
Lmao, you know them so well. cheesy

I'll rather remain a bitter old woman than to marry a pastor, I can't deal. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by achiever12: 11:29am On Feb 25, 2018
kristen12:

If it's a lie or truth that's your business. It is my opinion, I didn't force it down your throat. Say yours and leave undecided undecided

For your information, this is a public forum. If you don't want people to quote you, then don't post here. Or you can limit your comments to your church's whatsapp group or church noticeboard where people are too pretentious to hit your head with the truth
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by achiever12: 11:32am On Feb 25, 2018
fogechi:
the devil is always looking for ways to rubbish God's ministers

And God's ministers have a way of opening the door to the devil
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by kristen12(f): 11:33am On Feb 25, 2018
achiever12:

For your information, this is a public forum. If you don't want people to quote you, then don't post here. Or you can limit your comments to your church's whatsapp group or church noticeboard where people are too pretentious to hit your head with the truth

How hard is it for you to say your opinion? Do you need to blame someone for your frustration or does this look like your family meeting venue where they'll be rubbing your head?
Run along and get a life
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by achiever12: 11:40am On Feb 25, 2018
kristen12:

How hard is it for you to say your opinion? Do you need to blame someone for your frustration or does this look like your family meeting venue where they'll be rubbing your head?
Run along and get a life

Your comment shows you are the frustrated one here.

Aside from frustration, you are also suffering from mental dormancy. Looks like recovery is far from you.

I repeat, carry your comment to church noticeboard where people are too pretentious and hypocritical to hit your head with the truth.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by arcike(m): 11:42am On Feb 25, 2018
daughters of pastors sabi samakwe eh...
same 4 my deeper life sisters grin
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 25, 2018
- Hypocrisy at home
- Too much unnecessary restriction
- Parental behavior that is ungodly
- Being forced to go to church or adhere to strict religious principles

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by JerryGeo(m): 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
Lmao, you know them so well. cheesy

I'll rather remain a bitter old woman than to marry a pastor, I can't deal. grin

if only your mum knew. Right?
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 12:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
JerryGeo:

if only your mum knew. Right?
Lol.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Misscaring(f): 12:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
Because they know religion is a scam...So they are living their life in realness.

One would always wonder why pastor children are mostly wayward.

The answer is they know their father in and out and they also know he is after his pocket.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SAMBARRY: 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
grin

You just described my dad grin
makydebbie:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Lose Your Salvation? Hebrews 10:26 - Paul Ellis / Reasons Why We Sleep Through Church Service But Stay Awake For A 3 Hour Movie / Self Prophecy By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.