Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? (23056 Views)

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / The Most Important Lesson From The Alarming Surge of Pastors' Rape Cases / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by cbrass(m): 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
SAVEDBABA:
omo....he be like say you get some kind gist .......make we hear abeg

I know some of those guys especially Issac Oyedepo, but what do I stand to gain In spreading negative stories about people. Some of them are matured now and turned from their past ways
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by cbrass(m): 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
teamsynergy:

Gimme one example

Did u live with these people, just because you haven't heard anything terrible doesn't mean they are clean. Have u asked your self why all Pastor kumuyis children schooled abroad? Oh you forgot the wedding of one of his sons few years back and how he went against everything his father preached? Don't let me mention that of some of the other ones because it doesn't profit me anything to be spreading stuffs about.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Seun(m): 7:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
cbrass:
Oh you forgot the wedding of one of his sons few years back and how he went against everything his father preached?
The wedding didn't go against everything his father preached. It went against the dress code; that's all. His bride's dress was not revealing; it was just a bit prettier than the rags that other deeper life ladies are forced to wear. I bet they still follow 99% of Deeper Life teachings. I don't think it's realistic to expect pastors' kids to agree with every aspect of their parents' teachings. No child agrees completely with her parents.

I'd like to know if you can give us any examples of pastors' kids who are actually "wayward", e.g. they are runs girls, yahoo boys, atheists, etc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
cbrass:

I know some of those guys especially Issac Oyedepo, but what do I stand to gain In spreading negative stories about people. Some of them are matured now and turned from their past ways
Hmmmmmm.......i concur.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Seun(m): 7:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
cbrass:
I know some of those guys especially Isaac Oyedepo
Juicy! Please share.

but what do I stand to gain In spreading negative stories about people.
If the stories are true, they'll inspire us by showing us that our spiritual idols are imperfect, just like us. We can learn from their mistakes too.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by mastermaestro(m): 7:24pm On Feb 25, 2018
id4sho:
parents too strict, spirituality is attached to everything you do(eating,joking,sleeping,walking,reading) etc.
They know their real parents e. g pastor toasting babes, drinking, mothers attitude

I agree with your "too strict" point. Many pastors run their homes like military camps. Too regimented. It stifles creativity and true happiness. Some sort of allowance is very vital for healthy behavioral development.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by cbrass(m): 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2018
Seun:

Juicy! Please share.

If the stories are true, they'll inspire us by showing us that our spiritual idols are imperfect, just like us. We can learn from their mistakes too.

Nope. It won't inspire you. Am too smart for that. My dad is also a minister and I know how terrible I was then, so I won't judge others. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by piagetskinner(m): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
I have asked myself that same question over and over again but I believe it's because the parents I.e the pastors do not really have time for their children and so the children are left to live the way they want without proper monitoring

its another strategy the devil uses to frustrate the ministry. but he can't win
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by mastermaestro(m): 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
cbrass:

Nope. It won't inspire you. Am too smart for that. My dad is also a minister and I know how terrible I was then, so I won't judge others. Thank you

Wonderful heart. It's no good spreading the dark sides of others. Keep it up bro!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by teamsynergy: 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
cbrass:

Did u live with these people, just because you haven't heard anything terrible doesn't mean they are clean. Have u asked your self why all Pastor kumuyis children schooled abroad? Oh you forgot the wedding of one of his sons few years back and how he went against everything his father preached? Don't let me mention that of some of the other ones because it doesn't profit me anything to be spreading stuffs about.

U still avnt given any precise example.. Poor pastors kids r more likely to be wayward
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Seun(m): 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
cbrass:
Nope. It won't inspire you. Am too smart for that.
sad

My dad is also a minister and I know how terrible I was then, so I won't judge others. Thank you.
Don't judge; just gist us. Tell us your story.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
SAMBARRY:
the day I got a tattoo in my body he insisted I go and do deliverance.he claimed I've joined illuminati secret society.I was like daddy what's all this nonsense na.will a person willfully join cultism and make it obvious that he's a cultist and who told you this design is from illuminati but the guy no go gree ME hear word,he still insisted I go for deliverance .so I went to the church and I sat in front of xyz church to while away time and seem like I went there.after I spent 2hrs there just fiddling with my phone I bought olive oil on my WAY back home to make it convincing I went to church

Guess what my old man DID the next day.he will be waking me up every 6AM and be anointing the tattoo.I just shake my head at his fanaticism.unfortunately he cannot be convinced otherwise.infact he adores that Chris okafor dude.I usually refer to him as a clown.he even has chosen sticker that he stuck at the front of the gate and the door of the sitting room.he will hang their lemon apron in his room and I've told him the day is coming when I will burn that chosen rag you call apron.. so.anyway the day I called the dude a clown he said you better don't invite the wrath of God.you need to see the way he was defending the man.I said my God.see the power this religious entertainers have on the mind.see how he has captured my dad's mind that he has stopped buying news paper,it's liberty t.v he will be watching everytime.If the money expires the person wey say he no get money go bring out money to pay for subscription to watch his pastors

Another amusing thing is he's also verrryyyyy judgemental and everyone that doesn't subscribe to his school of thought he looks down on them.if he sees ladies dressed in short skirt or cleavage display,for the next 1 hr or a week sef nobody will hear word wit how all those girls wearing short skirt Will go to hell

I remember when my kid brother was watching trace and he mistakenly deleted dad's religious stations,he called me to help him bring them back.I just quickly went out because I don't want anyone to nag me to death so when dad came in me too I formed I'm just coming back from the market. Anyway popsi caught him watching trace.see blasting.he started raining insults on his head and asking him why he cannot watch pastor adeboye sermon or oyakilome etc,instead he is watching children of perdition dancing ijo eleya grin

That day I just dey laugh for room .I say Nelson Don enter am.but today I have my own apartment so all of popsis drama I don tolerate am enough grin

Even when he comes to my house and sees me watching African magic he tried to judge again saying all these things you're watching will take you to hell,I said emabinu sir I con use style discharge am,I said daddy I'm going for house fellowship in sister topes house ( na lie o.it's just a ploy to make him go).he said that's good.those are the kinds of places you should go.oya take this 5 thousand and give as offering I said thank you sir.when I saw he drove off I enter house again

The man na better drama king when it comes to religion and fanaticism grin

I'm seriously laughing at anointing your tattoo lmao. grin

Your dad is honestly a drama king, it's very easy to please such people. Just tell them what they want to hear and you're the ideal child. My brother became a pastor at 22, my sis became a minister at 20. Everybody con dey look me. They never expected what was coming. grin grin

Your dad sounds fun tho. grin
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
LadyGoddiva:
Not the same skin color oh, you actually have very similar face
Lol, okay. Just showed a friend and he said should be the color and the fact that we both have full lips. Thanks. kiss
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SAMBARRY: 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
I'm seriously laughing at anointing your tattoo lmao. grin

Your dad is honestly a drama king, it's very easy to please such people. Just tell them what they want to hear and you're the ideal child. My brother became a pastor at 22, my sis became a minister at 20. Everybody con dey look me. They never expected what was coming. grin grin

Your dad sounds fun tho. grin
fun ke? When it comes to fanatism,he becomes overbearing and dominating those days the best way to collect money or anything from him,just sit and watch the religious sermons on tv,even if you are not interested or listening to whatever it is they're saying just form interested and then when he finishes start feeding his ego and tell him what he wants to hear.e.g that pastor is annointed.he's on fire.the zeal in him for deliverance and miracles is greater.God is using him marvelously.I tap into his anointing and other balderdash like that..then immediately he will be happy you're praising his father in the Lord.just stylishly slip in your requests.e.g and daddy I feel so blessed watching this programme and in case nepa takes AWAY light,i will LOVE to watch it on phone o.then he'll be like really?how much are they selling the phone?I'll just say 80k,na so I go take collect money for phone and other things from him

Wetin consain me make I dey waste my mb on watching religious peeps on YouTube.however if at all I want to watch any religious sermons,I find the likes of men save otabil reasonable,logical and lacking unnecessary display of emotions,same with Sam adeyemi and Matthew ashimolowo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
SAMBARRY:
fun ke? When it comes to fanatism,he becomes overbearing and dominating those days the best way to collect money or anything from him,just sit and watch the religious sermons on tv,even if you are not interested or listening to whatever it is they're saying just form interested and then when he finishes start feeding his ego and tell him what he wants to hear.e.g that pastor is annointed.he's on fire.the zeal in him for deliverance and miracles is greater.God is using him marvelously.I tap into his anointing and other balderdash like that..then immediately he will be happy you're praising his father in the Lord.just stylishly slip in your requests.e.g and daddy I feel so blessed watching this programme.it's s
Lmao. grin

Jeez our dads should meet lol, the chemistry will be too much. grin
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SAMBARRY: 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
Lmao. grin

Jeez our dads should meet lol, the chemistry will be too much. grin
mum too is also a fanatic but I can't even place which one is worse in the 2 of them grin

THERE was a time she joined one of these funny churches and they told her to stop wearing earings,relaxing her hair or wearing wigs and trousers.na so she pack all her jwellries and threw them away

I dey look I no say anything,wetin consain me? Na my money she take use buy them?but when she now started hovering round my room saying their pastor said any jewellery kept in the house will attract demons and evil spirits hence they should be thrown away? I said me and you dry go the same church? I dey follow you go church? Mummy stop this nonsense o,I don't like it.does it mean your pastor will say you should be walking naked because wearing clothes will attract sicknesses you too won't wear clothes.

I don't know whatever you are practicing but please I take God beg you,keep it to yourself,I'm not interested.na so I dey begin lock my room to protect my jewellery box I bought for thousands of naira.say who die? grin

I started informing my aunties (her sisters that they should talk to her o because this her church doctrines is nauseating).me too follow her pray make she leave that church.at last I don't even know what entered into her that she started going back to her normal church.

Hiann fear catch me o.infact if I see any fanatic near am the way I go disgrace that person hen,she no go near our house the way atiku is far from obj grin
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Omooba77: 9:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
makydebbie:
Lmao, you know them so well. cheesy

I'll rather remain a bitter old woman than to marry a pastor, I can't deal. grin

No put yourself under a strait ma!
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by makydebbie(f): 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
SAMBARRY:
mum too is also a fanatic but I can't even place which one is worse in the 2 of them grin

THERE was a time she joined one of these funny churches and they told her to stop wearing earings,relaxing her hair or wearing wigs and trousers.na so she pack all her jwellries and threw them away

I dey look I no say anything,wetin consain me? Na my money she take use buy them?but when she now started hovering round my room saying their pastor said any jewellery kept in the house will attract demons and evil spirits hence they should be thrown away? I said me and you dry go the same church? I dey follow you go church? Mummy stop this nonsense o,I don't like it.does it mean your pastor will say you should be walking naked because wearing clothes will attract sicknesses you too won't wear clothes.

I don't know whatever you are practicing but please I take God beg you,keep it to yourself,I'm not interested.na so I dey begin lock my room to protect my jewellery box I bought for thousands of naira.say who die? grin

I started informing my aunties (her sisters that they should talk to her o because this her church doctrines is nauseating).me too follow her pray make she leave that church.at last I don't even know what entered into her that she started going back to her normal church.

Hiann fear catch me o.infact if I see any fanatic near am the way I go disgrace that person hen,she no go near our house the way atiku is far from obj grin
Lmao jeez. I actually thought you were male. Cool. grin

Tbh, my mum is more reasonable than my dad. She's the opposite of him lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SAMBARRY: 11:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
grin
makydebbie:
Lmao jeez. I actually thought you were male. Cool. grin

Tbh, my mum is more reasonable than my dad. She's the opposite of him lol.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 26, 2018
SAMBARRY:
any bird that flies into the balcony he will bring anointing oil or holy water and sprinkle it all over the house

If I told him I didn't pray before leaving the house,he Will say I should come home for deliverance

No thanks to one so called prophet Jeremiah he's always watching on tv and one Chris okafor.the day he tried convincing me to watch it,I watched it just to satisfy him but I was very infuriated at the stunts I was seeing including the amusing testimonies

Someone will come out and claim that the husband left her for 3 months but since she used the handkerchief she bought from this to rub HER face her husband came back.it was very disgusting and annoying.honestly I don't know what my old man finds in such tv and what beats me is that he's educated.he has an mba,so why should he be carried away with the entertainment show they call church?

It is because of these churches that are not genuine these acts of Christianity; no jewelries, no trousers etc has been reduced to eye pleasing and irrelevanices.

Too much lies has spoilt the truth

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SAMBARRY: 8:27am On Feb 26, 2018
Gungnir:

It is because of these churches that are not genuine these acts of Christianity; no jewelries, no trousers etc has been reduced to eye pleasing and irrelevanices.

Too much lies has spoilt the truth
they have laced sermons with so much superstitious bull sheet,heresies,fallacies,cultural idiosyncrasies and fictitious stories to empower fear in the minds of their listeners.it takes wisdom and a rational mind to see through the crap

For those who don't sit down to think will begin to make decisions based on the heresies their pastors sold to them
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 26, 2018
SAMBARRY:
they have laced sermons with so much superstitious bull sheet,heresies,fallacies,cultural idiosyncrasies and fictitious stories to empower fear in the minds of their listeners.it takes wisdom and a rational mind to see through the crap

For those who don't sit down to think will begin to make decisions based on the heresies their pastors sold to them

I do not disagree that some or many churches do so to enslave the congregation.

In my own Church, I understand why they say don't wear trousers. It's to not make the woman sexually appealing that it will cause another man to sin. It's like you standing before God and asking yourself, can I present myself this way to God and he will look at me kindly? Cleavage, camel toes all the types are wrong and you can't deny it's perverseness. Let's just be honest here.

On spiritual,take for example a woman who was told don't take in this daughter in law of yours, she will kill you oh and in a year the woman died and all was said came to pass. The daughter in law is in the sole control of everything now.

Many many cases I have seen, the spiritual exist but pastors term cramps as spiritual husband have ruined the truth or made it hard to sell. You can't tell me witches or marines spirits don't exist or spiritual spouses don't exist. The spiritual exist but there are those who have manipulated it to instill fear.

In my own church now, before God says something concerning my life I would have seen it in the dream, the following day all he does is to confirm it without me telling a single soul. Same with many other cases so it doesn't seem like it's manipulation and that it is God himself that is speaking.

But all those things you mentioned, are wrong. You won't go to hell from it if you genuinely ask God for forgiveness on it because he isn't as vindictive or quick to punish as most pastors make him out to be.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by UnchangeableGod: 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2018
nerodenero:
The devil is constantly on their trail. He looks for loopholes and if he can't get the parent, he goes for the easy prey. It's just as simple as that.

It's a battle. The devil has come to kill, steal and destroy. That is the reason a holy family should at every time not give in to sin. Every slightest opportunity to sin is a way for the devil to penetrate.

My one kobo sha!
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by UnchangeableGod: 1:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
fogechi:
the devil is always looking for ways to rubbish God's ministers
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by SAMBARRY: 4:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
Gungnir:

I do not disagree that some or many churches do so to enslave the congregation.

In my own Church, I understand why they say don't wear trousers. It's to not make the woman sexually appealing that it will cause another man to sin. It's like you standing before God and asking yourself, can I present myself this way to God and he will look at me kindly? Cleavage, camel toes all the types are wrong and you can't deny it's perverseness. Let's just be honest here.

On spiritual,take for example a woman who was told don't take in this daughter in law of yours, she will kill you oh and in a year the woman died and all was said came to pass. The daughter in law is in the sole control of everything now.

Many many cases I have seen, the spiritual exist but pastors term cramps as spiritual husband have ruined the truth or made it hard to sell. You can't tell me witches or marines spirits don't exist or spiritual spouses don't exist. The spiritual exist but there are those who have manipulated it to instill fear.

In my own church now, before God says something concerning my life I would have seen it in the dream, the following day all he does is to confirm it without me telling a single soul. Same with many other cases so it doesn't seem like it's manipulation and that it is God himself that is speaking.

But all those things you mentioned, are wrong. You won't go to hell from it if you genuinely ask God for forgiveness on it because he isn't as vindictive or quick to punish as most pastors make him out to be.
I'm not just referring to dressing,I'm referring to those pastors WHO apparently my dad is one of their faithful customers who sell blood of Jesus inside bottles,who sell handkerchiefs telling their customers that if they use it to clean up the spot they're sick they'll get well.I tasted the so called blood of Jesus my dad claimed he bought at an expensive price.for me,I.discovered it was Eva wine poured into a small plastic bottle similar to those bottles they give at the clinic for urine test.

First question a rational person should ask himself is when jesus was alive did he sell healing? Did he place a price tag on miracles? Did he give them appointment time for.deliverance and other lipsrsealed

Btw when jesus was alive I never read in any bible verse where he talked about spiritual husband or spiritual wife.all those are heresies and superstitious bull
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2018
SAMBARRY:
I'm not just referring to dressing,I'm referring to those pastors WHO apparently my dad is one of their faithful customers who sell blood of Jesus inside bottles,who sell handkerchiefs telling their customers that if they use it to clean up the spot they're sick they'll get well.I tasted the so called blood of Jesus my dad claimed he bought at an expensive price.for me,I.discovered it was Eva wine poured into a small plastic bottle similar to those bottles they give at the clinic for urine test.

First question a rational person should ask himself is when jesus was alive did he sell healing? Did he place a price tag on miracles? Did he give them appointment time for.deliverance and other lipsrsealed

At your first paragraph, that is evidently a false church. Not even my own church where God speaks of himself do they claim the sealed bottle waters straight from packs is the blood of Jesus. You buy, hold in your hands, they pray while you hold it in your hands and you go home with it. Lots of people have spoken incredibly well over it. Plus its just 50# exact price it is bought. Don't do anointing oil except you bring for your own self and they pray over it.

You are very right, you have a discerning mind to tell a false church to a real church. I can authoritatively say, that church your dad goes to is FAKE!
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2018
SAMBARRY:

Btw when jesus was alive I never read in any bible verse where he talked about spiritual husband or spiritual wife.all those are heresies and superstitious bull

But you read Jesus casting out demon from a human and he further saying if such person don't keep their body pure seven more will come into that person.

Now do you believe demons exist? Do you also believe such foul spirits are demons? The same bible said you wrestle not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities in high places. He talked about putting on the armor of God, which are virtues of the spirit.

Spirituality exist, I have seen more than my mouth can talk on such things. It is not a pleasant thing to be spiritually corrupted or polluted, it is worse than death. One should be very careful the things you do and who you do it with. Better safe than sorry.
Re: Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? by thomosmary: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2018
WELCOME TO THE GREAT BROTHERHOOD.
Do you want to be a member of Illuminati as a brotherhood that will make you rich and famous in the world and have power to control people in the high place in the worldwide .Are you a business man or woman,artist, political, musician, student, do you want to be rich, famous, powerful in life, join the Illuminati brotherhood cult today and get instant rich sum of. 2 million dollars in a week, and a free home. any where you choose to live in this world and also get 20,000,000 U.S dollars monthly as a salary %2026
BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI.
1. A Cash Reward of USD $800,000 USD
2. A New Sleek Dream CAR valued at USD $500,000 USD
3.A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice
4. One Month holiday (fully paid) to your dream tourist destination.
5.One year Golf Membership package
6.A V.I.P treatment in all Airports in the World 7.A total Lifestyle change 8.Access to Bohemian Grove
9.Monthly payment of $8,000,000 USD into your bank account every month as a member
10.One Month booked Appointment with Top 5 world Leaders and Top 5 Celebrities in the World.
If you are interested of joining us in the great brotherhood illuminati satanic hand symbol contact us now with this number or whatsapp me (+2348083325148 }OR Email- Illuminatimoney66@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Lose Your Salvation? Hebrews 10:26 - Paul Ellis / Reasons Why We Sleep Through Church Service But Stay Awake For A 3 Hour Movie / Self Prophecy By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.