Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? (1803 Views)

Lady Addresses Other Ladies Who Get Angry Over Their Friends Dating Their Ex / She Said She's Not Interested But Gets Angry When She Sees Me With A Girl. / Why Do Girls Get Angry About "Virginity" - My Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Deicide: 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
Though i haven't experienced or witnessed any yet but are there places where black Africans in Africa get offended when called Niggar?
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by ItzPrinceIB(m): 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2018
I Recently Got my dick cut-off so i ain't give no damn 4uck when y'all call me a freak damn nigga
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Epositive(m): 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
Here in Nigeria? Hell Naw!
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by kachi19: 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2018
I let white guys call me nigga it's the coolest name ever. I just usually feel the jealous because the just have no lit name like us so this pride that feels me when someone calls me Nigga.
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Deicide: 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2018
ItzPrinceIB:
I Recently Got my dick cut-off so i ain't give no damn 4uck when y'all call me a freak damn nigga
Like seriously? who cut am?
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Jagermeister(m): 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2018
Are there 'white' Africans?
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Deicide: 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2018
Jagermeister:
Their are black americans
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:27am On Feb 27, 2018
ItzPrinceIB:

I WONDER HOW DICK PEPPERSOUP TASTES..
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:29am On Feb 27, 2018
Deicide:
Though i haven't experienced or witnessed any yet but are there places where black Africans in Africa get offended when called Niggar?

WHAT IS "BLACK AFRICAN" ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Burgerlomo: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I wonder ooo, or may be he was trying to say an AFRICAN AMERICAN or probably BLACK AMERICAN cool
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Jagermeister(m): 9:46am On Feb 27, 2018
Deicide:
Their are black americans

Don't be silly. Are there 'white' Africans?

Btw, America is not a continent as depicted here.

It is 'there' and not 'their'
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 27, 2018
Jagermeister:

Yes, there are whites in southern African countries who identify themselves as 'white' Africans

There are also Afro Arabs in Eastern /northern Africa

1 Like

Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Jagermeister(m): 10:31am On Feb 27, 2018
greiboy:
Yes, there are whites in southern African countries who identify themselves as 'white' Africans

There are also Afro Arabs in Eastern /northern Africa

Wash your eyes with soap and water my friend, the African continent is predominantly occupied and inhabited by the black race.. Any white person(s) you find here is not without motive.

There are blacks in America as there are blacks almost all-over the world by virtue of ancient slave trade and other external factors. IMO, they were put there and only belong there by providence.

And man, are Arabs white? What??
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2018
Jagermeister:

Wash your eyes with soap and water my friend, the African continent is predominantly occupied and inhabited by the black race.. Any white person(s) you find here is not without motive.

There are blacks in America as there are blacks almost all-over the world by virtue of ancient slave trade and other external factors. IMO, they were put there and only belong there by providence.

And man, are Arabs white? What
Cure yourself of ignorance

First of all, only Africa and some parts of Asia are indigenous to black people. Everywhere else they went is as result of slave trade or immigration, but it doesn't stop them from being called "black Americans" or black Brazilian and so on

The whites in southern Africa referred to as white Africans have being there long before slave trade became a thing in the coast of Western and central Africa, So they have a right to be called "white Africans" going by your analogy. In fact, some white population in Africa had wars with British and other colonial masters to gain independence i.e. Ever heard of the Anglo Boer war in south Africa

A quick internet search will have cured your ignorance

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Africans_of_European_ancestry

I never said Arabs are white, that is a result of poor comprehension. I only highlighted another variety of people in Africa apart from blacks, or are they blacks?

2 Likes

Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Jagermeister(m): 10:50am On Feb 27, 2018
greiboy:
Cure yourself of ignorance

First of all, only Africa and some parts of Asia are indigenous to black people. Everywhere else they went is as result of slave trade or immigration, but it doesn't stop them from being called "black Americans" or black Brazilian and so on

The whites in southern Africa referred to as white Africans have being there long before slave trade became a thing in coast of Western and central Africa, So they have a right to be called "white Africans" going by your analogy. In fact, some white population in Africa had wars with British and other colonial masters to gain independence i.e. Ever heard of the Anglo Boer war in south Africa

A quick internet search will have cured your ignorance

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Africans_of_European_ancestry

I never said Arabs are white, that is a result of poor compression. I only highlighted another variety of people in Africa apart from blacks, or are they blacks?

Me? Ignorant? OK boss!

Enjoy your day bruv!
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 27, 2018
Jagermeister:

Me? Ignorant? OK boss!

Enjoy your day bruv!
Sure you are ignorant of the fact that there are white Africans and you tried to justify it.

Here is another piece of information that might help

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Boer_War

Have a good day too

2 Likes

Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Jagermeister(m): 11:09am On Feb 27, 2018
greiboy:
Sure you are ignorant of the fact that there are white Africans and you tried to justify it.

Have a good day too

Even my 2-year old son knows that there are white people who live in South Africa, they believe they are Africans and speak Afrikaans and also still enjoy white privileges to this day!

If you were even as exposed as you claim, u'll have listened to South African Trevor Noah talk about this multiple times in his comedy shows and as a TV host in America.

You keep quoting Wikipedia, as inaccurate as it is, did you even read up to the end or did you just pick the lines that are mocking you in the face now.

I won't go down this lane with you because u're too hard to teach fam.

Cheers.
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 27, 2018
greiboy:

Have a good day too

Jagermeister:

Even my 2-year old son knows that there are white people who live in South Africa, they believe they are Africans and speak Afrikaans and also still enjoy white privileges to this day!

If you were even as exposed as you claim, u'll have listened to South African Trevor Noah talk about this multiple times in his comedy shows and as a TV host in America.

You keep quoting Wikipedia, as inaccurate as it is, did you even read up to the end or did you just pick the lines that are mocking you in the face now.

Cheers.

It all boils down to ethnicity and nationality.

There are White Africans by nationality but there are no White Africans by ethnicity. Period cool
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 27, 2018
Jagermeister:

Cheers.
You are still showing your ignorance

I don't need to watch tervor Noah who is mixed with an African dad and Afrikaans mom.

I happen to spend some time in Southafrica. I studied their history and understand how jan van rieberck discovered the cape of good hope. I understand how they fought with British to gain independence. grin I also understand how they managed to impose Apartheid system of government which was initiated by Hendrick varwored

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_van_Riebeeck

Trevor is just a comedian you know, I am surprised he is your source of information

1 Like

Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 27, 2018
efesodje:

It all boils down to ethnicity and nationality.

There are White Africans by nationality but there are no White Africans by ethnicity. Period cool
Afrikaans is an ethnic group of mainly Dutch and other European descendant in southern Africa. They speak a unique language and also claim to have unique culture similar to Dutch culture.

Although mainly indigenous to south Africa, they have migrated to South west Africa (Namibia), Rhodesia(Zimbabwe), Kenya, Botswana among other African countries

1 Like

Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 27, 2018
greiboy:
Afrikaans are a ethic group of mainly Dutch and other European descendant in southern Africa. They speak a unique language and also claim to have unique culture similar to Dutch culture.

Although mainly indigenous to south Africa, they have migrated to South west Africa (Namibia), Rhodesia(Zimbabwe), Kenya, Botswana among other African countries

The first Europeans to reach the Cape of Good Hope were Portuguese, arriving in 1488. However, permanent white settlement did not begin until 1652, when the Dutch East India Company established a provisioning station on the Cape. In subsequent decades, French Huguenot refugees, the Dutch, and Germans began to settle in the Cape. Thus, The Whites are primarily descendants of Dutch, French, English, and German settlers who arrived at the Cape in the late 17th. They are called Afrikaners and speak Afrikaans, a language closely related to the Dutch language.

You can see why they are of european ethnicity and not african ethnicity
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 27, 2018
efesodje:

The first Europeans to reach the Cape of Good Hope were Portuguese, arriving in 1488. However, permanent white settlement did not begin until 1652, when the Dutch East India Company established a provisioning station on the Cape. In subsequent decades, French Huguenot refugees, the Dutch, and Germans began to settle in the Cape. Thus, The Whites are primarily descendants of Dutch, French, English, and German settlers who arrived at the Cape in the late 17th. They are called Afrikaners and speak Afrikaans, a language closely related to the Dutch language.

You can see why they are of Europeanized ethnicity and not african ethnicity
They are no longer Europeans because many of them can no longer trace their roots back to Europe.

Secondly, they have a unique language and customs, which is hybrid of European and African cultures.

Afrikaans are predominantly dutch, the British and other Europeans who arrived Southafrica later maintained a very different identity.

Finally, Afrikaans is recognized by the South African constitution as an ethnic group.
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
greiboy:
They are no longer Europeans because many of them can no longer trace their roots back to Europe.

Secondly, they have a unique language and customs, which is hybrid of European and African cultures.

Afrikaans are predominantly dutch, the British and other Europeans who arrived Southafrica later maintain a very different identity.

Finally, Afrikaans is recognized by the South African constitution as an ethnic group.

Bro we can argue over this throughout today. I take particular interest to diversity studies and get very interested when it relates to Africa.

South african whites are African I agree. Why did they call themselfs european all this time? Remember the signs all over the country reserving entrances to parks to europeans?[meaning white south africans].

Blacks were arrested by the white government for insisting that white south africans are african like every south african. But today the whites are insisting that they are african. Why did they not accept it and help remove the "europeans only' signs that were all over the country? Even today there a still some private schools that refuse entry to black africans and allow only white africans[europeans].
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
efesodje:

Bro we can argue over this throughout today. I take particular interest to diversity studies and get very interested when it relates to Africa.

South african whites are African I agree. Why did they call themselfs european all this time? Remember the signs all over the country reserving entrances to parks to europeans?[meaning white south africans].

Blacks were arrested by the white government for insisting that white south africans are african like every south african. But today the whites are insisting that they are african. Why did they not accept it and help remove the "europeans only' signs that were all over the country? Even today there a still some private schools that refuse entry to black africans and allow only white africans[europeans].

Southafrica whites never called themselves Europeans, maybe during the height of Aparthied government, they used that to mark social sitting arrangements, but you should know the white South Africans fought the British for their independence on two occasions. They never had any intention to leave Africa

The famous robin island that became the prison for Mandela and his fellow strugglers was once used to imprison Afrikaans in the Anglo Boer war, by the British

The Afrikaans have villages and towns like any other South African ethnic group. The south African government recognize it as an ethnic group.
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Demmtek(m): 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
in Samuel Jackson voice, a black man can call another black man a niggga ain't a Crime, but a white man calling a black man a niggga is a racist and a crime or any other white related being, black you black either African American deep genetic Africans, no homo we are all niggas this is nairaland a niggas platform
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by linearity: 12:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
The offensive word is ‘Nigger’ and not ‘Nigga’.

African Americans came up with Nigga, which they use to address each other and sometimes interchange it with ‘homie’, ‘bro’, ‘sista’.

Nigger is a derogatory word, not just to blacks who have some affiliation with Africa, but to blacks everywhere irrespective of country.

The word is usually offensive when it comes from a individual who is white, since that was the historical context. African American grow up with this derogatory word, the meaning and usage was pass down to them and they are quick to react negatively towards a non black person using the N word on them. The Whites in power coined out that derogatory word for the people they oppressed and their slaves. The word is loaded, people with the knowledge, when they hear it coming from someone more high is social status compare to them, see it as the person telling them; you are beneath me, am your emperor, am your God, am your master, you are nothing, you are worthless, you are dirt, you are a slave, you should be worshipping me now, I can do anything to you now and nothing will happen, etc.

For blacks, who are not African Americans; the degree of offense is proportional to the understanding and knowledge of what the word means and it’s historical context.

For example, if I say ‘You are a Miasma‘...most people will have no reaction to it, because they don’t understand the meaning of the word ‘Miasma’....moreso, the word sound nice and welcoming, and they will be shocked why a section of the society will be mad at been called miasma, until they researched the true meaning of the word and realize that, they are been called Noxious, bad influence, poisonous, dangerous, foreboding.....same with the word Nigger to blacks irrespective of country or continent of origin.
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Sarang(f): 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jagermeister:

Yes..There are whites in South Africa who are Africans. Tunisia, Morroco, Algeria, Egypt etc

1 Like

Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2018
greiboy:

Southafrica whites never called themselves Europeans, maybe during the height of Aparthied government, they used that to mark social sitting arrangements, but you should know the white South Africans fought the British for their independence on two occasions. They never had any intension to leave Africa

The famous robin island that became the prison for Mandela and his follow strugglers were once used to imprison Afrikaans in the Anglo Boer war, by the British

The Afrikaans have villages and town like any other South African ethnic group. The south African government recognize it as an ethnic group.

wink As a Fellow Ukwu Connoisseur I very much appreciate our mature arguments bro cool

Most White South Africans trace their "African" ancestry back to at least the 18th century. I guess that makes them an 8th or 9th generation (South) African. I believe that gives them just as much right to the country as any Zulu or Xhosa.

In my studies and dealings with some white south africans, whether English or Afrikaans,I noticed most of them identify with the label "African" to the same extent that they identify with and cherish the "New South Africa" - i.e. the post Apartheid ANC-led South Africa. Where white people feel negative about the new South Africa they are less likely to call themselves African. Those that believe in the liberation of SA are far more likely to label themselves African. So it cuts both ways.

So I agree, lets call them WHITE AFRICANS wink
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
efesodje:

wink As a Fellow Ukwu Connoisseur I very much appreciate our mature arguments bro cool

Most White South Africans trace their "African" ancestry back to at least the 18th century. I guess that makes them an 8th or 9th generation (South) African. I believe that gives them just as much right to the country as any Zulu or Xhosa.

In my studies and dealings with some white south africans, whether English or Afrikaans,I noticed most of them identify with the label "African" to the same extent that they identify with and cherish the "New South Africa" - i.e. the post Apartheid ANC-led South Africa. Where white people feel negative about the new South Africa they are less likely to call themselves African. Those that believe in the liberation of SA are far more likely to label themselves African. So it cuts both ways.

So I agree, lets call them WHITE AFRICANS wink
ok my comrade in ukwu villa cool

I have been lucky enough to be lectured by an Afrikaans non racist lecturer in my university days, I have also met a few racist ones that narrated their tale to me. So while I may not be an expert, I know quite a lot about them.

I believe many of the white South Africans don't want to associated with blacks in the Apartheid years to the extent of even working out a way to sperate the country into different countries i.e. trasvaal and co. Yet, they never really had any problems being called Africans.

Anyways, that is history now as their government now recognize them as an ethnic group in Southafrica.

You are right, most ethnic group apart from Kioshan or koi koi migrated to Southafrica at different times. The Zulu, Xhosa, sotho , Swati and Tswane among other ethnic group were the southeast bantu migrants from Congo basin with Tivs as their distant cousins in Nigeria

Anyway, the Afrikaans ethnic group are white Africans
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Deicide: 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

if you read again you would see that i embolden Africa this is just to specify that am talking only about blacks living in Africa that am talking about only the African continent! blacks live overseas even those that aren't even black American I just wanted to be clear
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Deicide: 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jagermeister:

What have you said now? that i cant make mistake? or i didn't go to school?
Re: Do Black Africans Get Angry When You Call Them Niggas? by Jagermeister(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
greiboy:
You are still showing your ignorance

I don't need to watch tervor Noah who is mixed with an African dad and Afrikaans mom.

I happen to spend some time in Southafrica. I studied their history and understand how jan van rieberck discovered the cape of good hope. I understand how they fought with British to gain independence. grin I also understand how they managed to impose Apartheid system of government which was initiated by Hendrick varwored

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_van_Riebeeck

Trevor is just a comedian you know, I am surprised he is your source of information

More balderdash..

Trevor Noahs' father is the white half.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are African Guys Cursed With Sex? Why The Obsession? / Am I In A Toxic Relationships / How I Make Over 200k Every Month. Come And Learn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.