Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,148 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why (69609 Views)

Wives Battered 340 Husbands To Pulp In 1yr —lagos Govt / Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by Toks2008(m): 6:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
cococandy:

I was too stunned to react to your nonsense post.

Good job googling the correct spelling. Next time google before posting.

So sad I'm not in the states...I would have instilled some serious discipline into you...and when I'm so done you will respect me...
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by tolguy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
MhizAJ:
I'm not surprised since her religion permits men to marry up to six wives undecided Nonsense

A man can't even manage one woman in a house talk more of two

No man should even try that nonsense with me
and ur religion permits hvn up 2 six prostitutes
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lol one woman is enough headache talk-less of two.

1 Like

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by cococandy(f): 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
Toks2008:

So sad I'm not in the states...I would have instilled some serious discipline into you...and when I'm so done you will respect me...
fool

2 Likes

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by Toks2008(m): 10:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
cococandy:
fool

MODIFIED*
I WONT ALLOW YOU TO ANGER ME TO CURSE YOU COS IF I DO YOU WILL CARRY IT TO YOUR GRAVE.

Some of you think because this is a faceless forum,you can just type anything that comes to your head and i just pity you. Its apparent that you either lack home training o you were not trained at all else you wont dare use such word but i will let it pass.

1 Like

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by chillis1: 11:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
cococandy:
fool

Happy birthday to little princess. I know cos they share same date .

kiss kisses to her...
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by cococandy(f): 2:17am On Feb 28, 2018
Wait so Because it’s a faceless forum you think you can tell me that you will discipline me? And you expect my response to be ‘okay sir’? As in your child or house girl that you can comfortably talk to like that?

You’re actually a bigger fool than I called you.
I do wish that you’re in the states let’s see the kind of attitude you will display in my presence.

Fvcking sexist twatt!!!.

Will you tell another guy that you intend to discipline him because he doesn’t agree with you? I bet not. But you believe it’s something you can tell me and turn around to act offended when I called you the fool you deserve to be called.
Toks2008:

MODIFIED*
I WONT ALLOW YOU TO ANGER ME TO CURSE YOU COS IF I DO YOU WILL CARRY IT TO YOUR GRAVE.

Some of you think because this is a faceless forum,you can just type anything that comes to your head and i just pity you. Its apparent that you either lack home training o you were not trained at all else you wont dare use such word but i will let it pass.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by cococandy(f): 2:17am On Feb 28, 2018
chillis1:

Happy birthday to little princess. I know cos they share same date .

kiss kisses to her...

Thank you smiley

And my birthday wishes to your gorgeous princess kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by Toks2008(m): 4:29am On Feb 28, 2018
cococandy:
Wait so Because it’s a faceless forum you think you can tell me that you will discipline me? And you expect my response to be ‘okay sir’? As in your child or house girl that you can comfortably talk to like that?

I do wish that you’re in the states let’s see the kind of attitude you will display in my presence.

Fvcking sexist twatt!!!.

Will you tell another guy that you intend to discipline him because he doesn’t agree with you? I bet not. But you believe it’s something you can tell me and turn around to act offended when I called you the fool you deserve to be called.

Now i can see that you have a bitter soul and i will continue to pray for you.

To think what i wrote was just a joke but because you have a contrary mind set, you had to respond by using that F word which simply shows the type of background you come from.You must have a terrible upbringing to use such word. In all my years on nairaland i have never addressed anyone with that word and i hardly ever see such word used. You are indeed wasted and i pity that unfortunate man that will ever have you as his lady.

How on earth will i literally discipline you in a free world...not even in Nigeria but as i wrote,it only takes a lady with a calm and humble mind-set to catch the joke in that comment but as i wrote,i will continue to pray for you.

2 Likes

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by cococandy(f): 6:50am On Feb 28, 2018
Oh wow. Me I was joking too. I hope that makes it okay for me be condescending to you.

Why don’t you go and joke like that to your male pals instead of looking for ‘calm and humble’ ladies who tolerate nonsense from you in the name of joke.

You know you are a misogynist. Don’t expect me to take those kinds of jokes from you. If it were someone else, I could imagine them actually joking about it. Not you.
Toks2008:

To think what i wrote was just a joke but because you have a contrary mind set, you had to respond by using that F word which simply shows the type of background you come from.You must have a terrible upbringing to use such word. In all my years on nairaland i have never addressed anyone with that word and i hardly ever see such word used. You are indeed wasted and i pity that unfortunate man that will ever have you as his lady.

How on earth will i literally discipline you in a free world...not even in Nigeria but as i wrote,it only takes a lady with a calm and humble mind-set to catch the joke in that comment but as i wrote,i will continue to pray for you.

8 Likes

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by AreaFada2: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
Pavore9:
Don't we have men who have four wives at home and still frolicking around?

This is what still bothers some Africans even the seemingly "educated" onea shocked Not even intellectual discourse on how to increase food production, increased access to clean water, innovations.......... angry

Enough of having children with no concrete plan for their nurturing! That is why the likes of Boko Haram will continue to have endless stream of recruits.

How do children benefit from polygamous setting?

Quality over quantity!

But let's analyse her submission properly. Many of us may not like it but she has a point. There are serial cheats, both men and women.

She clearly mentioned its for men who have the means. Maybe she could have added those with the right intentions, responsible and strength of character to stick to his wives only.

In her view, at least men can be with multiple women within a legal framework. It is not different from what obtained traditionally before Christianity took over properly just about 50 years ago.
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
cococandy:

Fvcking sexist twatt!!!.

The nerve.

It's disgusting they think it is normal to even think of disciplining women like children. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by cococandy(f): 2:31am On Mar 01, 2018
Mindfulness:

The nerve.

It's disgusting they think it is normal to even think of disciplining women like children. SMH
And the worst part is he had no idea how condescending that was.
Acting offended for my response to his mega offense. Smh

1 Like

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by Humanistme: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2018
Toks2008:

MODIFIED*

yeah only toks2008 has the liberty to type anything that comes to his head without minding if it is sexist or insulting grin

1 Like

Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by monex(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2018
dragunov:

How did this cretin manage to become a medical doctor?
is she a cretin because she is muslim and advocates polygamy which is allowed in her religion?

She isn't forcing her polygamy down anyone's throat.

Please tell us why you think she is a cretin and does not deserve to be a medical doctor.
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by monex(m): 8:40am On Aug 20, 2018
Toks2008:

she has a point, you won't use the word "discipline" even if you were joking with a male.
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by monex(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2018
Polygamy (Polygyny) is already legal in Nigeria. I think polyandry should also be legalised for the same reasons (woman wanting to look outside etc.).

Let each one have his or her choice. This choice could depend on religion, personal preferences and other factors but let both options be available.

if a lady wants multiple husbands but can't find willing spouses then she will rest na. ditto for a guy looking for additional wives. each party has a responsibility to tell their spouses before marriage that they would wish to have additional spouses.

there are societies in the world today with some form of polyandry. Polyandry is even a way of dealing with overpopulation.
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by pocohantas(f): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2018
Monex is always coming to the party late grin
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by monex(m): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2018
pocohantas:
Monex is always coming to the party late grin
lol I know I am always late. I only check once a day and by then it's many threads with many pages filled.

this one was interesting because it gives a unique perspective into what the men and women think of polygamy (polygyny).

I enjoyed all the comments except those that insulted the doctor.
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by Sterope(f): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2018
Nice ad!
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
Pavore9:
Don't we have men who have four wives at home and still frolicking around?

This is what still bothers some Africans even the seemingly "educated" onea shocked Not even intellectual discourse on how to increase food production, increased access to clean water, innovations.......... angry

Enough of having children with no concrete plan for their nurturing! That is why the likes of Boko Haram will continue to have endless stream of recruits.

How do children benefit from polygamous setting?

Quality over quantity!

You have said it all.
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by peacengine(m): 2:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
monex:
Polygamy (Polygyny) is already legal in Nigeria. I think polyandry should also be legalised for the same reasons (woman wanting to look outside etc.).

Let each one have his or her choice. This choice could depend on religion, personal preferences and other factors but let both options be available.

if a lady wants multiple husbands but can't find willing spouses then she will rest na. ditto for a guy looking for additional wives. each party has a responsibility to tell their spouses before marriage that they would wish to have additional spouses.

there are societies in the world today with some form of polyandry. Polyandry is even a way of dealing with overpopulation.

Bro, I think polyandry is also legal. For example peeps who practice African traditional religion both men and women have kids outside wedlock in my tribe. As for Yorubas they don't allow it hence they kill the man involved with their wives through magu
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by eyinjuege: 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2018
donstan18:

It's not about responsible or irresponsible, those men that married one wife and still cheat on them, are they responsible? , it's better to legalize something than to cheat on your wife.

Forget about religion, we all know she made a very good point, let's be truthful and sincere.

But, the problem about the idea lies on women.

Most women will prefer their husband to cheat, than to share the same house with another wife, they don't like sharing pot of soup

Marrying 4 wives doesn't mean you still won't cheat on the 4 of them. So what next?
Divorce them and keep marrying more, and continue recycling? Don't forget, for every woman you sleep with, you equally have slept with her previous partners and their own former partners.
I expected her to preach using protection, if you cannot abstain or be faithful.
Legalizing your concubines doesn't mean you still will not go out prowling. It's in some people's DNA to cheat, and be irresponsible.
We see the likes of Shettima, former Zamfara state governor, who is keen on recycling young girls, just because he feels he can.
Her point is very senseless, and it's all centuries of brainwashing.

monex:

is she a cretin because she is muslim and advocates polygamy which is allowed in her religion?

Please tell us why you think she is a cretin and does not deserve to be a medical doctor.

There was an emphasis on her profession in the title of the thread.
Most people take a Drs word as law and the truth, and so there is a lot of responsibility that comes with being one. As a Dr, you have to be careful not to mix your religion, or beliefs when giving advice or counselling.
As a Muslim, she has the right to belive in polygamy, and even advocate it for her fellow Muslims, but not in the position of a Dr.
I'm not sure if the poster of the thread was just being mischievous by laying so much emphasis on her profession, but if she is speaking as a Dr, that is a wrong approach, and many dispassionate colleagues of hers will tear her solution of curbing STIs to pieces.
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by monex(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2018
eyinjuege:

There was an emphasis on her profession in the title of the thread.
Most people take a Drs word as law and the truth, and so there is a lot of responsibility that comes with being one. As a Dr, you have to be careful not to mix your religion, or beliefs when giving advice or counselling.
As a Muslim, she has the right to belive in polygamy, and even advocate it for her fellow Muslims, but not in the position of a Dr.
I'm not sure if the poster of the thread was just being mischievous by laying so much emphasis on her profession, but if she is speaking as a Dr, that is a wrong approach, and many dispassionate colleagues of hers will tear her solution of curbing STIs to pieces.

she wasn't providing medical advice and definitely wasn't speaking as a doctor. Most people said they were expecting medical advice but were disappointed. This means know one considered her advice to be medical. Poster emphasized her profession to drive traffic.

Your reasons for calling her a cretin are not sound enough
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by MissJoy29(f): 9:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
Toks2008:

Mr Toks2008, please do you receive pms? I really need to ask you something important. It's also kinda urgent. If you can receive, let me know, if not, give me an alternative. Thanks.

Waiting...
Re: Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why by dragunov: 5:19am On Sep 12, 2018
monex:

I don't owe you no explanation amigo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Wedding Rings Only / Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.