Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? (9783 Views)

Truly, The Forbidden Fruit Is Sex! / Pastor Sam Adeyemi: Sex In Marriage, Other Things That Make Family Work / Is Sex With Sex Doll A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:23pm On Feb 26, 2018
Emmanystone:

Mia Caro, Christians didn't come up with the idea of no sex during Fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit did.

Holy Spirit through Paul advice us to pray without ceasing, does it now mean that married couples should abstain from sex without ceasing?

Sex is a beautiful gift from God to couples which is meant to be enjoyed with love and respect from both sides... Engaging in it does not make one more holy, neither is one more holy by staying away from it.

It is a matter of understanding... That is why we have to seek for understanding, like we searching for gold.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Ronpet777(m): 6:31am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:
Calling in MuttleyLaff, Ronpet777, Butterflylion/ Butterfly1on, Budaatum Ishilove my babe.

I want to believe it is more of d mind thing than anything else. Sex in marriage is a very holy act yet, i do believe the essence of fasting is strict self denial of pleasurable things. In as much as d act is holy we all agree it is gratifying. Hence, to keep us focused on waiting on God for whatever reason d fasting was meant. We r in a better state of mind to do away with it temporarily.
My thought though.
Emmanystone, how do u see this thought?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 6:59am On Feb 27, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Holy Spirit through Paul advice us to pray without ceasing, does it now mean that married couples should abstain from sex without ceasing?

Pray without ceasing doesn't mean we should remain on our knees all day, it means being importuned in prayer. Case in point, the widow and the Judge in Luke 18:3. Ask, and keep asking until you receive your petitions.

bloodofthelamb:

Sex is a beautiful gift from God to couples which is meant to be enjoyed with love and respect from both sides... Engaging in it does not make one more holy, neither is one more holy by staying away from it.
Yes it is. But why did the Holy Spirit say we abstain from it during fasting and prayer?

bloodofthelamb:

It is a matter of understanding... That is why we have to seek for understanding, like we searching for gold.
Sir, why do you think is the reason the Holy Spirir enjoined we abstain from sex during sex. He gave us sex, hence it's a good thing. We are married, not doing it outside marriage.

Is Sex in itself carnal? If not, why aren't we having it in marriage?

Does it dedile us?

Good morning sir.

[quote author=bloodofthelamb post=65400273]
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 7:11am On Feb 27, 2018
budaatum:

You said Paul came up with it actually.
Sir, i didn't say Paul came up with it, i said 'The Holy Spirit through Paul' said...

budaatum:

And if it is correct, that Paul did say so, it must be known that Paul got quite a lot of stuff from non-Christian sources and not just from the Holy Spirit. Though, I don't know if he wrote this or where he got it from.
Let's discuss Paul sources some other time, but today is about Sex during Fasting and Prayer.
budaatum:

Could you provide biblical references please.
Yes sir.
1 Corinthians:7:5
Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:18am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

I totally disagreed, saying everything about sex is Holy. A very deep ordinance that goes far beyond man. I said, sex is worship. When a man and his wife are engage in sex, God sees them just the way He sees them at the alter worshipping Him.

WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE IN OTHER RELIGIONS?
WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WITHOUT RELIGION?

WHAT ABOUT ANIMALS THAT HAVE SEX?

IT'S SELFISHNESS TO ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS GALAXY MUST REVOLVE AROUND YOUR RELIGION. undecided
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:21am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

Sir, i didn't say Paul came up with it, i said 'The Holy Spirit through Paul' said...

YOUR SON; "I SAID THAT MY FATHER SAID 'THE HOLY SPIRIT THROUGH PAUL SAID' "

YOUR GRANDSON; "I SAID THAT MY FATHER SAID THAT HIS OWN FATHER SAID 'THE HOLY SPIRIT THROUGH PAUL SAID' "

AND THE ORGANISED LIES CONTINUE, FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2018
Sarassin:

To be fair, she did say the proposition was at the instigation of a friend.
I saw that, that is why I bothered to respond
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 8:46am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:
Have you, as a Christian ever wondered why the Holy Spirit through Apostle Paul said we should abstain from sex during fasting and prayer?

MuttleyLaff:
Please for the benefit of others especially invited guests,
reproduce here the passage with its chapter and verse
that states that a man should not have sex with his wife or vice versa
budaatum wouldnt have to ask, if you had done the needful, like I earlier requested

budaatum:
You said Paul came up with it actually.
And if it is correct, that Paul did say so, it must be known that Paul got quite a lot of stuff from non-Christian sources and not just from the Holy Spirit. Though, I don't know if he wrote this or where he got it from
Paul knows how to filter out revelations from demonic spirit
Paul must have known about the working of the hormones: prolactin, oxytocin and melatonin
and that's why he advised that, by mutual consent abstain from making love, if you want to devote more time, to fasting and praying
Every guys knows he feels or wants to immediately roll over and sleep after making love
but as for the women, they usually are fully awake and unable to sleep, possibly wondering what just happened

Emmanystone:
I concur with this

Emmanystone:
Let's discuss Paul sources some other time, but today is about Sex during Fasting and Prayer.
What is the difference between having sex and making love?
I will like having biblical references to support your responses please
If you can manage, give too, names of characters in the bible, where having sex and making love happened

budaatum:
Could you provide biblical references please.

Emmanystone:
Yes sir.
Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer;
and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
I guess better late, than never
or not providing the biblical reference

The keyword in that verse is by mutual consent
besides, 1 Corinthians 7 and the chapter 6 before it wasnt even about sexual abstinence because of fasting and prayer
Sexual abstinence for sake of fasting and prayer, was thought out by Paul, in response to the Corinthians asking him about whether it is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman
Paul improved the question, by answering other areas of intimacy with women

Reading 1 Corinthians:7:5 in isolation, and trying to make a doctrine out of it, is just being careless
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2018
Ishilove:

Was Paul under the influence of the holy spirit when he said exhorted that we should abstain from sex while fasting? The act of fasting is the denial of that which gives pleasure and sustenance to oneself. Self denial and sacrifice. Why in God's name is sex within marriage carnal?

US Christians just love chasing shadows where there are none
Yes, Paul spoke the mind of God when he said we shd abstain from sex during fasting and prayer. There's a very good reason for that.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:32am On Feb 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Please for the benefit of others especially invited guests,
reproduce here the passage with its chapter and verse

My thoughts are, I know for myself, that after burrowing, I just want to instantly roll over and sleep
Thank God for prolactin, oxytocin and melatonin
So, if I am fasting and praying, it will be an unwise move for me to consider poking the nest

I disconcur that what you posted is completely unrelated
It is so pertinent to the subject title
If the good Lord commanded, "Go forth and multiply" then sex in marriage cant be carnal
The bolded .

If sex in marriage is not Carnal why shouldn't you have it during fasting, not just when you are praying.
Prayer is done always, but fasting is not. Why abstain from sex during fasting?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2018
Ishilove:
Was Paul under the influence of the holy spirit when he said exhorted that we should abstain from sex while fasting?
The act of fasting is the denial of that which gives pleasure and sustenance to oneself. Self denial and sacrifice.
Why in God's name is sex within marriage carnal?

US Christians just love chasing shadows where there are none

Emmanystone:
Yes, Paul spoke the mind of God when he said we shd abstain from sex during fasting and prayer. There's a very good reason for that.
That is besides the point
as the original question, put to Paul wasnt even about women not to have sexual relations with a man but was the other way round
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:34am On Feb 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
He is. He is in stealth
Really? Mehn, that guy been dey scatter my head wen i come here newly. Him and Viaro cheesy cheesy

Pls Nuclearboy, speak up.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:35am On Feb 27, 2018
Sarassin:

Really, well Cara Mia what do I know?
Lol. You know a lot, that's why you became my own Mia Caro. No one, but you.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:35am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:
Really?
Mehn, that guy been dey scatter my head wen i come here newly. Him and Viaro cheesy cheesy

Pls Nuclearboy, speak up.
He wont
He comes in here in stealth mode
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Dont fret
She'll soon reproduce here the passage with its chapter and verse
(i.e. the incontrovertible proof about no sex during fasting and prayer)
I forgot to.place it in the Op, but itst there now.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:37am On Feb 27, 2018
Mujtahida:

The holy Spirit did not. Millenia before Christianity, it was known in various Buddhist and Hindu sects that men should abstain from sex during periods of spiritual exercises like fasting. In Yoga a man can experience orgasm without ejaculation. Abi Holy Spirit dey Buddhism?
What was the purpose of abstaining from sex during fasting in Buddhism pls?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2018
Sarassin:

Hmmm...@bolded I bet Mrs Mutters is none too pleased with that!
cheesy cheesy cheesy, She will be if she were fasting too.

The Scritpures says, with understanding (agreement).
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:
I forgot to.place it in the Op, but itst there now.
After how many reminders. I lost count
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:41am On Feb 27, 2018
Mujtahida:

The essence of the seed is ten times greater than the essence of the blood. There's sperm in every cell in a man's body. The sperm is called the life force. It is believed that keeping it in the body keeps a man spiritually sharp. It enhances spiritual sensitivity and alertness.
So, for this reason, no sex?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:42am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:
The bolded .

If sex in marriage is not Carnal why shouldn't you have it during fasting, not just when you are praying.
Prayer is done always, but fasting is not. Why abstain from sex during fasting?
Do you at all know what prolactin, oxytocin and melatonin are?
If yes, explain what they do, what their effect is on men after having sex and/or making love
Imagine it on the man's fasting and praying pre-plan
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:47am On Feb 27, 2018
Ubenedictus:
I wasn't invited but I'll drop my 2 cent.

sex in marriage is holy and covenantal, it is the God given means of sustaining and renewing the marriage covenant, it is both desired and commanded by God.

in another sense it is"profane" in the same sense that marriage is profane and eating is profane... they are all primarily engineered towards our physical life...they are earthly realities that will not follow us to heaven... it is only in this sense that married sex can be call profane or earthly.

a time for fasting is a time for making sacrifices, its stands to reason that even as a beneficial thing like food is put aside so also a beneficial thing like sex can be put aside. food isn't wrong or carnal...it is just sacrificed during fasting so too sex.

2ndly the apostles were Jews, the Jewish priest kept away from sex during their times of service, during fasting etc, the Christians took similar practices... if you read up the early Christians you'll see the minister avoid sex around the time of his service.... these were sacrifices people made to put themselves in a spiritual mood, food is not unclean in fact the Bible says the marriage bed is honorable, yet fasting or abstinences means giving up something good and right and beneficial in other to stave the body and energize the spirit.

there is nothing wrong with married sex or food,they are just earthly realities so people are encouraged to give them up for a time to pursue spiritual things.

if you don't understand this then I'll suggest you recheck and reexamine why you fast, does that mean food is wrong?
Wow, we have the same mind on this. This exact my understanding when He asked me to define and explanation FASTING. BUT He gave me and aswere i never expected.

Thanks very much for your thought.

And, the thread is open to all.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:49am On Feb 27, 2018
Ronpet777:

I want to believe it is more of d mind thing than anything else. Sex in marriage is a very holy act yet, i do believe the essence of fasting is strict self denial of pleasurable things. In as much as d act is holy we all agree it is gratifying. Hence, to keep us focused on waiting on God for whatever reason d fasting was meant. We r in a better state of mind to do away with it temporarily.
My thought though.
Emmanystone, how do u see this thought?
Pleasure, Pleasure, Pleasure. Sex is Pkeasurable yes, and our father wantd us to enjoy it plenty, but it's not about the pleasure or the abscence of it o. cheesy
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 9:51am On Feb 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE IN OTHER RELIGIONS?
WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WITHOUT RELIGION?

WHAT ABOUT ANIMALS THAT HAVE SEX?

IT'S SELFISHNESS TO ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS GALAXY MUST REVOLVE AROUND YOUR RELIGION. undecided
I am a Christian, i talk as a Christian and what my Bible tells me not what other religions teaches.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Biko gawa.
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 9:55am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:
Wow, we have the same mind on this.
This exact my understanding when He asked me to define and explanation FASTING. BUT He gave me and aswere i never expected.

Thanks very much for your thought.

And, the thread is open to all.

Emmanystone:

Pleasure, Pleasure, Pleasure. Sex is Pkeasurable yes, and our father wantd us to enjoy it plenty, but it's not about the pleasure or the abscence of it o. cheesy
All these are beside the point
as the original question, put to Paul wasnt even about women not to have sexual relations with a man but was the other way round

Reiterating 1 Corinthians 7 and the chapter 6 before it wasnt even about sexual abstinence because of fasting and prayer
Sexual abstinence for sake of fasting and prayer, was thought out by Paul, in response to the Corinthians asking him about whether it is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman
Paul improved the question, by answering other areas of intimacy with a woman

Reading 1 Corinthians:7:5 in isolation, and trying to make a doctrine out of it, is just being careless

What is the answer He gave you?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 10:18am On Feb 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

budaatum wouldnt have to ask, if you had done the needful, like I earlier requested
It was very tiring after the time with the kids yesterday, from there i went to Church, i got home tired, opened the thread and slept off.
I saw this tbis morning and have included it in the Op.

Thanks bro.
MuttleyLaff:

What is the difference between having sex and making love?
Oh Wow. They are worlds apart.
Sex is an excerxise perdormed by two consenting parners for the purpose of relieving raging hormones.
It can be done with the absence of love between the two consenting partners. It can be done one and never again with the same person. No commitment between both parties. Case in Point Genesis 38

And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.
Genesis:38:8

And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
Genesis:38:9

Onan had SEX with Tamar, enjoy the it, but pulled out and spilled it. There was no love between them hence; his action.

But, love making is an interaction. It's bonding, it is a fusion of souls and spirits of both parties. Love making can take place with sex.

Love making is a heart to heart connection, it's a covenant. It's a melting of two hearts. This ia where giving sacrificially comes it.

Good News Translation Genesis 24:67

Then Isaac brought Rebecca into the tent that his mother Sarah had lived in, and she became his wife. Isaac loved Rebecca, and so he was comforted for the loss of his mother.

pls, no smart mouth should tell me that Isaac just brought Rebecca into his mothers tent but didn't touch her o grin

MuttleyLaff:

besides, 1 Corinthians 7 and the chapter 6 before it wasnt even about sexual abstinence because of fasting and prayer
Paul improved the question, by answering other areas of intimacy with women
The friend who asked the question quoted from 1Cor 7:6. Hence i have to stay within the confines of that scripture.

And, No, it wasn't about abstinence, but Paul used that as an opportunity to address an iasue which may arise later when partners decides to fast.

MuttleyLaff:

This is not about Sex, but sex whiel Fasting and prayers, sir if there other passages which addressed this issue, i will like to know.

Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 10:19am On Feb 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
After how many reminders. I lost count
Sorry Sir. Pele
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Emmanystone: 10:20am On Feb 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Do you at all know what prolactin, oxytocin and melatonin are?
If yes, explain what they do, what their effect is on men after having sex and/or making love
Imagine it on the man's fasting and praying pre-plan
I don't, that's why i asked. cheesy
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Ronpet777(m): 10:30am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

Yeah! But that at least gives us an idea why He wud want us to keep off momentarily in order to focus more on Him at that period of time.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Mujtahida: 10:36am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

So, for this reason, no sex?
Yes. So what is the reason for sexual abstention for purposes of fasting and prayer as espoused by Paul in the Bible?

See there's no need beating around. Whether in Christianity, Buddhism or any other religion, fasting and prayer is a time of denial so that the spiritual aspects of man's being can find expression. So don't you think it's common sense that along with food and drinks, sex should also be abstained from?
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by MuttleyLaff: 10:52am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:
It was very tiring after the time with the kids yesterday, from there i went to Church, i got home tired, opened the thread and slept off.
I saw this tbis morning and have included it in the Op
Thanks bro

Oh Wow. They are worlds apart.
Sex is an excerxise perdormed by two consenting parners for the purpose of relieving raging hormones
There are other hormones than those raging ones

Emmanystone:
It can be done with the absence of love between the two consenting partners. It can be done one and never again with the same person.
No commitment between both parties.

Case in Point Genesis 38

And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.
Genesis:38:8

And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
Genesis:38:9

Onan had SEX with Tamar, enjoy the it, but pulled out and spilled it. There was no love between them hence; his action.

But, love making is an interaction. It's bonding, it is a fusion of souls and spirits of both parties. Love making can take place with sex.

Love making is a heart to heart connection, it's a covenant. It's a melting of two hearts. This ia where giving sacrificially comes it.

Good News Translation Genesis 24:67

Then Isaac brought Rebecca into the tent that his mother Sarah had lived in, and she became his wife. Isaac loved Rebecca, and so he was comforted for the loss of his mother.

pls, no smart mouth should tell me that Isaac just brought Rebecca into his mothers tent but didn't touch her o grin
Not bad an attempt.
Having sex can be had in both marriage and outside marriage
When had outside marriage, God, who is Love, isn't present and/or involved in it.
Sex, had inside marriage, has God's blessing in it hence, the couple are not just having sex but are making love.

You didn't give names of characters who made love, so I will.
Adam knowing Eve, had sex by and made love
Judah, Onan etcetera had sex with the respective women but weren't making love with them

Emmanystone:
The friend who asked the question quoted from 1Cor 7:6. Hence i have to stay within the confines of that scripture.
... and what does 1 Corinthians 7:6 say?

Emmanystone:
And, No, it wasn't about abstinence, but Paul used that as an opportunity to address an issue which may arise later when partners decides to fast.
Exactly, Paul improved the question he was asked about abstaining from having sexual relations with a woman by giving a response with extra information.
Check 1 Corinthians 7:1 for the question that prompted his reply
It is about if it is good for a man not making love with a woman.

Emmanystone:
This is not about Sex, but sex whiel Fasting and prayers, sir if there other passages which addressed this issue, i will like to know.

Shalom.
I had already advised not read 1 Corinthians 7:5 and/or 1 Corinthians 7:6 in isolation

Emmanystone:
I don't, that's why i asked. cheesy
So you dont at all know what the hormones prolactin, oxytocin and melatonin are?
Hmmm, interesting.

Anyway, so you know you asked your question incorrectly.
You asked a non starter question
and that is why I asked you about the difference between having sex and/or making love.

Having sex in marriage can't be carnal
It is having sex outside marriage that is carnal
Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by butterflyl1on: 10:56am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

Every inspired writer of scripture had their own very distinct style of passing the message across. Paul was a lawyer so wrote using that style and if you wish to understand his writings properly you need to put on legal goggles.

Paul Never at any point indicated that sex between a man and his wife was carnal. He was focused on consent and agreement in marriage.

Once upon a time the man and the woman were single but the day they came together in marriage then EVERYTHING done must be done in agreement (including spiritual things). The Bible says, "can two walk together except they agree"?

If the man wishes to fast he should let his wife know and it is up to her to accept to give him space during this period or to deny him space and still have sex with him even while he fasts. The man should not feel bad about it because her actions would not negate his fast but would rather enhance it especially since both of them are NOT IN DISAGREEMENT.

when there is disagreement on this then there is a problem. Fasting is for SELF BUILDING. AGREEMENTS IN MARRIAGE OVER SPIRITUAL ISSUES IS FOR EVERYONES benefit.

Paul said "EXCEPT IT BE WITH CONSENT". this is a legal language. What he said in essence is as a married couple, HAVE SEX AND KEEP HAVING SEX EVEN WHEN FASTING DESPITE NOT HAVING CONSENT FROM YOUR PARTNER.

If the language your friend used for carnal meant sinful then they are the ones wrong. Carnal means 2 things. We as Christians term everything carnal as sinful. THIS IS WRONG.

Carnality simply means something physical, especially sexual activities. Note that we are talking about sexual activities between a husband and his wife and not between unmarried people. Also know that marriage is of God and the command of being fruitful and multiplying is also from God. This command is given to ONLY marries couples so sexual union EVEN while fasting isn't carnal (sinful). But it is carnal (physical) in agreement and in oneness which is the desire of God for all his children.

My 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: Is Sex In Marriage Carnal? by Mujtahida: 10:57am On Feb 27, 2018
Emmanystone:

How do you know he spoke the mind of God? Just because he said so and not even personally to you but generally in a book? Well you are entitled to your beliefs.

As for me if God has something to tell me, if he wants something as intimate as my heart, if he has commands and instructions for my life, he claims to be my father then let him speak to me. I can't live by what is written in a book. Shebi he's called a living God, all wise, all powerful, everywhere present. So he should speak for himself. What if man had not invented books? How did God speak to men in the thousands of years before writing was invented? And it wasn't even the Jews who invented writing.

I consider all religious books purporting to be the word of God as the rankest fraudulent documents in this world.
If God ever wrote a book then that book is the book of nature. The Bible and any other religious texts are nothing but the contrivance of men!

You are now asking whether sex in marriage is carnal (as your friend said) probably because Paul wrote about sexual abstention during Fasting. So what if Paul had not written it? Whenmany kiss their wives or husbands and go intimate with their spouse does it feel carnal? Their whole body tells them this is sweet but for many religious type of people whose mind has been corrupted by concepts such as holiness, carnality, sin, they never enjoy sex because while at it their hearts are filled with guilt, filled with notions about how to engage in sex in a 'godly way'. Nonsense! There was even a time that the church dictated days on which couples should have sex and days to abstain. Good Friday was one such day to abstain.

I detest all religions. All they do in the name of 'righteousness' and 'holiness' is to corrupt man. Man is born holy but Christianity says we are fashioned in sin. With your eyes you see the living, sweet holiness, the immaculate conception of every new born Baby but a book says otherwise. Well nature wins- generally no father or mother ever thinks of their little bundle of joy, the living expression of their most intimate and secret moment as a being fashioned in sin. Instead there's joy, gratitude, wonder, adoration at the sight of the new born. Nature wins.

Nature is nature and she will triumph over the artificial dictates of a book!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jessijosh nigeria (jessica And Joshua) Youngest And Latest Couple In The World / How Do I Repent Again After Backsliding? / Conditions That Can Make Me Reconvert To Christianity And Belief In God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.