Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,760 members, 7,865,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. (31511 Views)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / What Is The Biblical Procedures For Burial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2018
OkCornel:

Read your bible... Jesus mentioned love for God and man...through love you have fulfilled and even surpassed the requirements of the law...

Don't mix oil with water.... separate them

If Jesus has fulfilled the Law....do I still need to follow the Law to prove righteousness to God...

Love for God and man surpasses the Law...

love God and love your neighbor as yourself is also from old testament. it is part of the law.

Leviticus 19:13,17-18,33-34
Deuteronomy 6:4-5
Deuteronomy 22:1-4
Deuteronomy 23:7
exodus 23:9
exodus 22:21-27

maybe you should read your bible.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 9:29pm On Mar 03, 2018
Gggg102:

love your neighbor as yourself is also from old testament

So did Jesus preach that His followers should kill their enemies? Unlike the Old testament and Mosaic Laws that supported vengeance and justice...

Does the new testament support regular animal sacrifice after the death of Jesus?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2018
OkCornel:

So did Jesus preach that His followers should kill their enemies? Unlike the Old testament and Mosaic Laws that supported vengeance and justice...

those verses above, aren't they from Mosaic law?

Jesus repeated what was already in the old testament.
so he supported the old testament.
so he mixed oil with water.

in fact, there might actually be no water, only oil.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2018
Gggg102:

those verses above, aren't they from Mosaic law?

Jesus repeated what was already in the old testament.
so he supported the old testament.
so he mixed oil with water.

in fact, there might actually be no water, only oil.

If you read Matthew 5 v 38-39...you still believe Jesus came to mix water with oil? He separated water from oil...

38 ¶ [ac]Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.

39 But I say unto you, Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2018
"And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife."
Genesis:20:12

"Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen."
Deuteronomy:27:22

Father Abraham man of curse?

Salvation101 butterflyl1on
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by OkCornel(m): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
LordVoldermort:
"And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife."

"Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen."

Did this law come before or after Abraham?

Why not also extend this to Cain and Seth that slept with their sisters too?
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2018
OkCornel:

If you read Matthew 5 v 38-39...you still believe Jesus came to mix water with oil? He separated water from oil...

38 ¶ [ac]Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.

39 But I say unto you, Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

ye have also heard love your friends and hate those who hate you but I say to you, obey the mosaic law by loving your enemies.

yeah have also heard that in order to be saved, you have to follow mosaic laws of obeying ten commandments, loving God and loving your neighbors.

Jesus said 'obey mosaic law to be saved'.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2018
OkCornel:

Even better
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
OkCornel:

so basically something isn't a sin because it is bad, it is a sin because God decides he doesn't want you to do it.

so if tomorrow God says I'm not against murder, homosexuality, fornication, masturbation... anymore you would no longer condemn them and you might even practice them.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2018
LordVoldermort:

Read the below scripture and ask yourself when the law was given and then use this scripture to talk to and educate yourself regarding your question. If you do not understand the scripture say so and It would be explained to you free of charge.

Romans 7: 7 - 9

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died

2 Likes

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 10:02pm On Mar 03, 2018
Gggg102:

ye have also heard love your friends and hate those who hate you but I say to you, obey the mosaic law by loving your enemies.

yeah have also heard that in order to be saved, you have to follow mosaic laws of obeying ten commandments, loving God and loving your neighbors.

Jesus said 'obey mosaic law to be saved'.

Chapter and verse please.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 10:10pm On Mar 03, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Chapter and verse please.

Matthew 5:43-48
Matthew19:16-19
Matthew5:17-20
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 10:10pm On Mar 03, 2018
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 03, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Read the below scripture and ask yourself when the law was given and then use this scripture to talk to and educate yourself regarding your question. If you do not understand the scripture say so and It would be explained to you free of charge.

Romans 7: 7 - 9

So if Abraham committed murder because the law has not been passed it's good? continue besides who gave the law Moses who was Moses father Amram

"And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and thirty and seven years."
Exodus:6:20
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by wirinet(m): 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2018
OkCornel:

Still more logical gymnastics without attending to the subject matter. Is genesis 20:12 in contradiction with deuteronomy 27:22 or not?

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2018
Gggg102:

Matthew 5:43-48

Matthew19:16-19

Matthew5:17-20

Do you even have any idea what those chapters and verses are saying? Smh

Mathew 5: 43-48

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

The mosaic law was based on an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth as it was based on self righteousness so was faulty. What this scripture is saying is directly opposite to the mosaic laws.

Let me go further by showing you below from the same Mathew.

Mathew 5: 38-42

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away

This was Jesus talking about what the mosaic law says and then Jesus went ahead to say the direct opposite of what the mosaic law said.

In Mathew 5: 20 Jesus first talked about the Law and then said this below

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven

The law was inadequate so could not bring the required righteousness required by God so Jesus said that we needed a greater degree of righteousness much more than that which the scribes and Pharisees had as the custodians of the law. He then began from verse 21 to teach about how to get a higher level of righteousness as demanded by God.

Now in Mathew 19:16 Jesus simply proved to the man who came to meet him and ask him what he must do to be saved. Jesus showed him his unworthy nature.

Note that the man said he keeps all the commandments when Jesus told him to keep the commandments.

Now question.

If he indeed keeps all the commandments shouldn't he be saved already? Why then would he still be asking Jesus what he must to to be saved if his righteousness was based on the Law? Even Jesus knew and told him to sell all he had and give to the poor. This the man could not do. Simply because the Law kills but grace through Jesus brings love.

There is no love through the law. The law is selfish and not based on pure love but the new covenant in Christ is. Jesus simply told the man to go and show love and he could not do it.

Now compare what I said now to all Jesus listed out in Mathew 5 from verse 21 and you will notice that all he kept saying was rooted in selflessness and love and not the law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 10:31pm On Mar 03, 2018
LordVoldermort:
So if Abraham committed murder because the law has not been passed it's good? continue besides who gave the law Moses who was Moses father Amram

"And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and thirty and seven years."
Exodus:6:20

Your questions holds your answer.

The law came through Moses. Was Moses the father of Amram or was Amram his father?

When someone is your father he comes BEFORE YOU. so how can the law cover Amram when Moses the giver of the law was not even born when he took Jochebed? Do you reason at all?

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by wirinet(m): 10:41pm On Mar 03, 2018
Another contradiction, did the bible support marrying only one wife or more than one wife?
Here are some verses to confuse you;

Deuteronomy 17:17
And he shall not acquire many wives for himself, lest his heart turn away.

1 Corinthians 7:2 ESV
But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Now here are verses that contradicts the above;

Exodus 21:10 ESV
If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights.

Deuteronomy 21:15-17 ESV
“If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him children, and if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved, then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the firstborn in preference to the son of the unloved.

Okay, let the linguistic and logical gymnastics continue.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 10:44pm On Mar 03, 2018
Gggg102:

for one 'love your enemies ' is not something that Jesus came up with in there testament. check exodus 23:4,5.
Leviticus 19:17,18.

butterflyl1on:

The mosaic law was based on an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth as it was based on self righteousness so was faulty. What this scripture is saying is directly opposite to the mosaic laws.

This was Jesus talking about what the mosaic law says and then Jesus went ahead to say the direct opposite of what the mosaic law said.

The law was inadequate so could not bring the required righteousness required by God so Jesus said that we needed a greater degree of righteousness much more than that which the scribes and Pharisees had as the custodians of the law. He then began from verse 21 to teach about how to get a higher level of righteousness as demanded by God.

Now in Mathew 19:16 Jesus simply proved to the man who came to meet him and ask him what he must do to be saved. Jesus showed him his unworthy nature.

Note that the man said he keeps all the commandments when Jesus told him to keep the commandments.

Now question.

If he indeed keeps all the commandments shouldn't he be saved already? Why then would he still be asking Jesus what he must to to be saved if his righteousness was based on the Law? Even Jesus knew and told him to sell all he had and give to the poor. This the man could not do. Simply because the Law kills but grace through Jesus brings love.

There is no love through the law. The law is selfish and not based on pure love but the new covenant in Christ is. Jesus simply told the man to go and show love and he could not do it.

Now compare what I said now to all Jesus listed out in Mathew 5 from verse 21 and you will notice that all he kept saying was rooted in selflessness and love and not the law.
Gggg102:

love God and love your neighbor as yourself is also from old testament. it is part of the law.

maybe you should read your bible.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Now question.

Jesus did not come up with love your enemies. he also did not come up with love God and love your neighbor. they were already in the mosaic law
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2018
wirinet:
Another contradiction, did the bible support marrying only one wife or more than one wife?
Here are some verses to confuse you;

Deuteronomy 17:17
And he shall not acquire many wives for himself, lest his heart turn away.

1 Corinthians 7:2 ESV
But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Now here are verses that contradicts the above;

Exodus 21:10 ESV
If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights.

Deuteronomy 21:15-17 ESV
“If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him children, and if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved, then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the firstborn in preference to the son of the unloved.

Okay, let the linguistic and logical gymnastics continue.

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by awesomeJ(m): 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2018
Seun:
Every contradiction deserves its own thread.
The "contradictions" are so few that they can't fill one post.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2018
[quote author=butterflyl1on post=65538027][/quote]

even the greatest commandment was gotten from mosaic law.
love God and love your neighbor as yourself.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2018
Gggg102:

Jesus did not come up with love your enemies. he also did not come up with love God and love your neighbor. they were already in the mosaic law

Let me simplify it for you by posting in detail your snippets of information

You seem not to understand anything about the Law and the reason why Jesus came and here you are asking me to read my Bible grin

Romans 8: 3 NLT

The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins

The reason the law was given was to show us we cannot be righteous through works. The law simply showed us our weakness. But Jesus came to perfect the workings of the law IN HIMSELF. He alone could keep the law and the Bible said JESUS KNEW NO SIN. HE WAS TEMPTED IN EVERY WAY BUT DID NOT SIN.

Accepting him into our lives is what would enable us to now live right through love which is the totality of the entire law. He did not come to stand on the list of the laws. Rather he came to simplify it by rolling them all up into one word LOVE. Not love for self but love OUTSIDE self.

Even as you read what I am writing I know you still wouldn't understand it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by awesomeJ(m): 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
LordVoldermort:
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Genesis:3:14

How many snakes eat dust?
How many children are made of clay.
Look up the Word "Metaphor ".
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 03, 2018
awesomeJ:

How many children are made of clay.
Look up the Word "Metaphor ".
They argue it wasn't a metaphor
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:08pm On Mar 03, 2018
OkCornel:

Quick one please...who persecuted the Ebionites to near extinction? was it the Roman Catholic church or the early church?
it was neither,

the Ebonites were judaizers, the were first persecuted by the Jews of bar kocbah, the Christians considered them heretical and preached against them....by the time the Christians had power the Ebonites had largely disappeared. the early Church which was the Catholic Church didn't persecute them.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 11:11pm On Mar 03, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You seem not to understand anything about the Law and the reason why Jesus came and here you are asking me to read my Bible grin

The reason the law was given was to show us we cannot be righteous through works. The law simply showed us our weakness. But Jesus came to perfect the workings of the law IN HIMSELF. He alone could keep the law and the Bible said JESUS KNEW NO SIN. HE WAS TEMPTED IN EVERY WAY BUT DID NOT SIN.

Accepting him into our lives is what would enable us to now live right through love which is the totality of the entire law. He did not come to stand on the list of the laws. Rather he came to simplify it by rolling them all up into one word LOVE. Not love for self but love OUTSIDE self.

Even as you read what I am writing I know you still wouldn't understand it. cheesy

1. 'maybe you should read your bible' was for okcornel.

2. This isn't even what I was talking about.

okcornel said Judaism and Christianity are 'oil and water'. so what YHWH did in old testament is irrelevant to Christianity.
he said Jesus brought new laws to differentiate Christianity from Judaism.

then I showed him those new laws are actually part of mosaic laws.

that post was what you quoted first on this page.

I don't know how what you just posted is related to the above.

I was only showing okcornel that Jesus' teaching was repetition of mosaic law which he claimed 'could not mix with Christianity '
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 03, 2018
butterflyl1on:

Your questions holds your answer.

The law came through Moses. Was Moses the father of Amram or was Amram his father?

When someone is your father he comes BEFORE YOU. so how can the law cover Amram when Moses the giver of the law was not even born when he took Jochebed? Do you reason at all?
So there was no law yet God wiped the earth wiped Sodom, wiped firstborns of Egypt keep defending Yahweh
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by Gggg102(m): 11:13pm On Mar 03, 2018
butterflyl1on:

that LOVE was already part of the mosaic law.

that's what I'm showing okcornel and apparently you too.
Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2018
Gggg102:

that LOVE was already part of the mosaic law.

that's what I'm showing okcornel and apparently you too.

The "Love" as it were was weak because it was of the law. Jesus said I did not come to abolish the law but to FULFIL it.

His comment shows that NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO KEEP THE LAW due to the fact that it was weak in our flesh. It showed our weakness. He ALONE kept it and by so doing he rendered the law of no effect any longer.

1 Like

Re: DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. by butterflyl1on: 11:23pm On Mar 03, 2018
LordVoldermort:
So there was no law yet God wiped the earth wiped Sodom, wiped firstborns of Egypt keep defending Yahweh

Two words

1) Covenant

2) Bloodshed.

Only Bible scholars would understand what I just typed

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply)

Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Woman Delivers Baby At Dunamis International Gospel Church In Abuja / Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.