Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (79428 Views)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by famouscargo: 4:13am On Jun 20, 2018
@jigba and braket, for your next foodstuff from Nigeria, I can handle the shipment wink

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by willy2000(m): 9:30am On Jun 20, 2018
Braket:

I won't even be sure the person hasn't tried my Nigerian food. But trust me he or she will regret it because my foods are spicy grin

I am moving out of here very soon.

What do you often cook apart from Nigerian dishes? I am tired of rice and bread every glorious day. In fact I am tired of chicken. Fellow housemates have mocked me tire each time I fry chicken (Chicken again or rice everyday? embarassed) the fish skinny fishes in Lidl costs €4.99 for two.

Henceforth no charity again. Every fruit stays in the room.

Welcome to Deutschland, I was like that in the beginning, I ate only rice and stew, bread(American bread) and tea, then potatoes and spaghetti,
After about 3 Months I did not like what I saw in the mirror.
This is how my daily meal looks like.
Morning: I take oat and Joghurt with coffee/ bread and eggs with coffee; you can take this interchangeably
Afternoon: Something heavy, Rice and stew with meat/chicken/pork. or if I have egusi soup, Eba/gries/poundo yam.
Evening: I avoid eating much. vegetable salad or some hard german bread with cheese on it. or Just fruits.
If you are the very active type and not always at home switch evening meal with dinner but avoid eating heavy meals after 20 pm.
You can also add some protein shakes in between, it helps.
I really don't eat out, unless invited by friends.

Trust me, eating light for dinner will help you sleep well and read well..lol, not to talk about maintaining your six packs grin grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by abilityC: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2018
Jigba:

I don't eat anything except Nigeria meals. Though I get bored sometimes but I don't really have any alternative. I'm even tired of chicken. Haven't eaten it in like two months. The chicken here isn't tasty, I'm sure you've noticed that.

Buying fish is cheaper in Asian stores. There is an Asian store around the main station. I think, there are actually two.....

I cook yam and also Irish potatoes. Spaghetti and plantain. Also Nigeria soups. Don't tell me you've only been eating rice grin....
Hi, do you buy Nigerian food easily there or you prepare by yourself? also for Yam, beans, Ogbono and Egusi etc can you readily get them from stores or you make do with the ones u brought from Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
abilityC:
Hi, do you buy Nigerian food easily there or you prepare by yourself? also for Yam, beans, Ogbono and Egusi etc can you readily get them from stores or you make do with the ones u brought from Nigeria?

I buy it easily. Since Frankfurt is a big city, it's not that hard to find an afro store. There are about 3 in my area. ..

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by klexycole(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Braket:

I won't even be sure the person hasn't tried my Nigerian food. But trust me he or she will regret it because my foods are spicy grin

I am moving out of here very soon.

What do you often cook apart from Nigerian dishes? I am tired of rice and bread every glorious day. In fact I am tired of chicken. Fellow housemates have mocked me tire each time I fry chicken (Chicken again or rice everyday? embarassed) the fish skinny fishes in Lidl costs €4.99 for two.

Henceforth no charity again. Every fruit stays in the room.

...Life or an international student. It's part of the experience bro. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by akashi01(m): 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
Jigba:

I buy it easily. Since Frankfurt is a big city, it's not that hard to find an afro store. There are about 3 in my area. ..
Read your diary yesterday, I have to say it's awesome.

Please don't abandon it kiss
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
akashi01:

Read your diary yesterday, I have to say it's awesome.

Please don't abandon it kiss

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
Jigba:

I don't eat anything except Nigeria meals. Though I get bored sometimes but I don't really have any alternative. I'm even tired of chicken. Haven't eaten it in like two months. The chicken here isn't tasty, I'm sure you've noticed that.

Buying fish is cheaper in Asian stores. There is an Asian store around the main station. I think, there are actually two.....

I cook yam and also Irish potatoes. Spaghetti and plantain. Also Nigeria soups. Don't tell me you've only been eating rice grin....
Let me tell you now, I often eat rice oder spaghetti or even eba every glorious day embarassed

Yes the chicken is tasteless and so soft.
I have been to the Asian store and seen their fish. I bet i will turn to that.

Some days, I am so hungry but tired to turn to my routine rice.

I can't forget the day I bought their potato cheesy I added overdose of sugar and salt still the taste was no where to be found.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
Braket:

Let me tell you now, I often eat rice oder spaghetti or even eba every glorious day embarassed

Yes the chicken is tasteless and so soft.
I have been to the Asian store and seen their fish. I bet i will turn to that.

Some days, I am so hungry but tired to turn to my routine rice.

I can't forget the day I bought their potato cheesy I added overdose of sugar and salt still the taste was no where to be found.

I eat the potatoe with egg sauce. You should try it.

3 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
willy2000:

Welcome to Deutschland, I was like that in the beginning, I ate only rice and stew, bread(American bread) and tea, then potatoes and spaghetti,
After about 3 Months I did not like what I saw in the mirror.
This is how my daily meal looks like.
Morning: I take oat and Joghurt with coffee/ bread and eggs with coffee; you can take this interchangeably
Afternoon: Something heavy, Rice and stew with meat/chicken/pork. or if I have egusi soup, Eba/gries/poundo yam.
Evening: I avoid eating much. vegetable salad or some hard german bread with cheese on it. or Just fruits.
If you are the very active type and not always at home switch evening meal with dinner but avoid eating heavy meals after 20 pm.
You can also add some protein shakes in between, it helps.
I really don't eat out, unless invited by friends.

Trust me, eating light for dinner will help you sleep well and read well..lol, not to talk about maintaining your six packs grin grin

I just have to change my routine, I don't like what I often see in the mirror embarassed I don't think I have come across protein shakes maybe you could give some recommendations.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
Jigba:

I eat the potatoe with egg sauce. You should try it.
You mean you fry it with egg?
The potato I bought I don't know what type it is.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
Thanks to my lack of German proficiency, I wasted the major part of today.

I think I got a call from McDonald yesterday that I should come. A friend and I applied for work online sometimes ago and we were called for interview but he got a rejection email afterwards and I didn't hear back from them until yesterday.

The craziest thing is that I presently do not know if they were the one that called me, because what I could remember from the phone conversation was Morgen which means tomorrow and the street where the place is located.

I went there today around 11.00 Uhr thinking I would be signing contract nah. When I got there, I kukuma speak my Nigerian English and the guy in charge of the shift delayed me a little and said I should come back by 3pm to meet the manager.

Long story short, I went back home and came back to the place at exactly 15:00 Uhr. I met another a different manager from the one that interviewed us and he was like he is not aware of any call being made to any worker. He said he would have to speak with the other manager then get back to me ,sorry for the inconveniences' he said.
So disappointing and right now I still don't know who called me. I will have to call the number back tomorrow.

I pretty hate the fact that I am losing a lot of Summer job opportunities because of the language and trust me this is the best time to work and save towards winter because the cold won't be funny at all. It is safe to say I am pretty frustrated right now.

Anyways sha, these people believe in their team. Almost every stores and cars are decorated with their flag.

Picture was taken at the McDonald's store

10 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 4:02am On Jun 21, 2018
Braket:

You mean you fry it with egg?
The potato I bought I don't know what type it is.

Nope. I cook it separately. ..

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by abilityC: 9:05am On Jun 21, 2018
Jigba:

Good to know looks like a good business opportunity to supply Afro/Naija food out there

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
The thief episode.
Everyone on my floor got thus letter. Every letter is in German embarassed

2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
I have to learn the language a lot these days so that I can converse and get corrected by my tandem partner.

Yes I got a tandem partner today and he was so much fun to be with and I am so sure this will help, I just have to put my own effort now. grin grin I am so happy.... Ich bin glueklich tongue

I almost forgot this tongue. Thanks to oga blowJobs, while we were conversing, I had to search something on the Internet and given the fact that I follow his posts alot and I often need to search his moniker when I am not logged in, it automatically comes of search suggestions on any website I go.

Dude say blowJobs and he was like hmmmm blowJobs nice embarassed I couldn't explain myself. Only God knows what's on his mind now grin grin

6 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by DisturbingEU(m): 10:01am On Jun 22, 2018
Mille:
Don't worry. When you get here, reality go fall on you.

Lol grin
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by DisturbingEU(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2018
grin
Jigba:

Lmao,
It's not longer East Germans but West Germans undecided
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by DisturbingEU(m): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2018
Following your post bro... cool btw where are you in Germany?
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 6:31am On Jun 23, 2018
DisturbingEU:
Following your post bro... cool btw where are you in Germany?

Frankfurt axis or let's just say Frankfurt

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 6:33am On Jun 23, 2018
So I got a one day strictly English job contract. Details to follow when I am done. Make I make quick money first grin grin

12 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 23, 2018
Braket:
So I got a one day strictly English job contract. Details to follow when I am done. Make I make quick money first grin grin

Keep going high bro...we are waiting...
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by DisturbingEU(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2018
Braket:

Frankfurt axis or let's just say Frankfurt

Alles Klar cool
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2018
Finallly! I can't believe I just stumbled on this thread

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by kelvin98765: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2018
lovelygurl:
Nor be only stumbled abeg Waka go one side

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2018
kelvin98765:

Nor be only stumbled abeg Waka go one side

Did the girl you were hoping to get pregnant in order to secure your stay dump you? Pele sad

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2018
lovelygurl:

Wanted to tag you grin....
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2018
lovelygurl:

Did the girl you were hoping to get pregnant in order to secure your stay dump you? Pele sad

grin grin grin...
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jigba:

Wanted to tag you grin....

Lool, you should have! Glad I found it. Especially now that I have Feeeeeerrrriiiieeeen!! grin grin grin
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jigba:

grin grin grin...

The nerve of some people! This is someone I didn't even know existed until he quoted me today undecided
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by UbiPetrus: 9:39am On Jun 24, 2018
lovelygurl:

hahahahahahaha... Epic response. Happy Sunday, joor.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2018
UbiPetrus:
hahahahahahaha... Epic response. Happy Sunday, joor.

Lol, same to you cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Visa To Mexico Is Not As Difficult As You Think ! / Air Peace Crew To Dubai Wear ‘Isi Agu’ Suit And Red Cap / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.