Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (79184 Views)

Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2018
Germans respect their traffic code so much, but yesterday something thrilling happened.

Germany felt like Nigeria for few hours. A lot of noise up and down, cars running red lights, blasting of horns anyhow(every since I arrived here I am sure I can count the number of times I have heard vehicles hoot).

One will even think they hosted the world cup because everyone was out on the street with something to represent Deutschland either by face painting or flag and they were all heading to a public viewing area.

I was on the train when the game started, you need to see how it was filled up like #100 BRT from Super to Oshodi with virtually everyone watching the game with their handys' .

What a sense of patriotism that was displayed by Germans yesterday

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
Braket:
Germans respect their traffic code so much, but yesterday something thrilling happened.

Germany felt like Nigeria for few hours. A lot of noise up and down, cars running red lights, blasting of horns anyhow(every since I arrived here I am sure I can count the number of times I have heard vehicles hoot).

One will even think they hosted the world cup because everyone was out on the street with something to represent Deutschland either by face painting or flag and they were all heading to a public viewing area.

I was on the train when the game started, you need to see how it was filled up like #100 BRT from Super to Oshodi with virtually everyone watching the game with their handys' .

What a sense of patriotism that was displayed by Germans yesterday

It was maddtt grin....

Hope they win the next game....

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2018
Jigba:

It was maddtt grin....

Hope they win the next game....
cheesy cheesy more problem will arise grin

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by chuksey1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
Braket whats the mood like after the crashing out from the World Cup
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by KendrickAyomide: 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2018
They will be crying now.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by KendrickAyomide: 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
PM Me if you can pick funds in Germany. 70-30 share

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
chuksey1:
Braket whats the mood like after the crashing out from the World Cup

grin grin those people chop am oh. Everywhere silent. My friend that was in town as at that time said a full grown up crying shocked

3 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2018
My heart hurts right now. embarassed embarassed

It is really sad reading bad news about Nigeria abroad.

My thoughts are with people that lost their family members in the killings that happened in Plateau state and the recent accident that happened in Lagos.

14 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Xfactor22: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2018
If only everybody can just evacuate from this shithole called Nigeria..

If only.. embarassed cry embarassed

God help us

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 7:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
The soul is always willing to post but the body is weak.

I hate Frankfurt. Why?
It is too big and modern plus I get lost every blessed time I navigate through the city. It is just like Lagos to me, so stressful.

To err is human, to forgive is divine.

I am very sorry for saying Frankfurt is dirty grin. My God I found myself it the Eastern part of Frankfurt yesterday and I was amazed.

Sad part, I got lost countless times and had to trek long distances because there are more trams here than buses and I didn't go with bicycle embarassed

14 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
Around Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 7:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
How I get lost in Frankfurt.

Anytime I am in Frankfurt, I often want to get something from Lidl and I check on Google map to get the nearest one, then I use DB navigator to show train, bus or walking connections.

The U train is often the problem. I often mistake the limes for each other and I often forget to read the description(final destination) on the train. Once I just see the line, I just in.

When I mean line, there are certain trains and busses that take certain routes and stops at certain bustops where the other one might not. But the problem is, there are often two lines, one that is coming from the final destination and one that is going to the final destination.

So must times in Frankfurt, I take the correct line but the one heading in the wrong direction. And the crazy thing is, the moment I enter the wrong line and did not detect quickly, I would have wasted about 30 minutes.

10 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
Posting pictures here is problematic. Just one picture on my chinco phone is 3mb which means one picture per post

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
S bahn is tunnels are closed till 3rd of August.

This means long distances trains and S bahn have to share the same track which automatically means the train connections are going to be messed up and trains gets delayed often

I learnt this the hard way.
Frankfurt central train station was crowdy yesterday cry

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Luthor007: 3:27am On Jul 01, 2018
few questions pls... Apologies it not bou education which is d main purpose of dix thread

-how hard is it for a Nigerian to migrate to Germany for the sole purpose of working (hustling legally)

-wah are the chances of getting employed over there
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 01, 2018
EmmGee:
Braket, if you want to learn the language quickly, befriend a girl in your school who speaks english, even if it's little english...

Why a girl grin It can be anyone nau, lmao. But you're right, I think having German friends helps a lot too.

Books and teachers will help you understand the rules behind a language, but putting it into practice is usually difficult. For you to be more "free" with the language and put things into words without overthinking both in writing and speaking, you'll just have to communicate more.
Talking with different people also improves your pronunciation. Watching TV or YouTube, listening to radios etc also helps, but only watch intelligent shows. Otherwise the only words you'll end up knowing are "scheiße" and "geil". Of course you have to start with baby sentences, just don't get stuck with them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 11:11am On Jul 01, 2018
I can't laugh alone cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Someone has been robbed overnight grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2018
Luthor007:
few questions pls... Apologies it not bou education which is d main purpose of dix thread

-how hard is it for a Nigerian to migrate to Germany for the sole purpose of working (hustling legally)

-wah are the chances of getting employed over there

Germany to the beat of my knowledge welcomes alot of skilled expatriates especially in the world of IT.

I really do not know the chances of employment, but one thing I know for sure is that, when one is highly skilled and understands the language, then the land is green.

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2018
Braket:
I can't laugh alone cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Someone had been robbed overnight grin grin

Nawa o grin. I'm guessing a German wrote this.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2018
Jigba:

Still searching for who wrote it
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2018
Jigba:

Is it common to write in English by Germans?
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2018
Braket:

My guy, just look for apartment and save yourself the stress.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
Braket:

Na their way ooo. Instead of talking to you directly, they will write on a paper and paste it where you can see it shocked grin...
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Is it common to write in English by Germans?

Germans don't speak English, so no....
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2018
I canceled my house contract already. I will be out of this place by the end of July.

But I had issues while canceling my contract because I went there late and they weren't going to cancel it until ending of August because of the 6 weeks notice, but I negotiated my way though.

I pray the stealing continues when I leave so it wouldn't seem like it was the black guy that has been stealing

8 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2018
Jigba:

Na there way ooo. Instead of talking to you directly, they will write on a paper and paste it where you can see it shocked grin...

As in ehn. These guys behave like spirit. Ordinary Hallo is problematic for them to say sometimes
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
Braket:

As in ehn. These guys behave like spirit. Ordinary Hallo is problematic for them to say sometimes

grin grin. Now, you get me. Our neighbour once pasted such paper on our door. My flat mates and I ignored him. I wondered what prevented him from talking to us directly. The paper was left on the door, don't know if he ended up removing it.

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Luthor007: 1:12pm On Jul 01, 2018
Braket:

Germany to the beat of my knowledge welcomes alot of skilled expatriates especially in the world of IT.

I really do not know the chances of employment, but one thing I know for sure is that, when one is highly skilled and understands the language, then the land is green.

Tnx.... D language barrier tho
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 2:32pm On Jul 01, 2018
Jigba:

grin grin. Now, you get me. Our neighbour once pasted such paper on our door. My flat mates and I ignored him. I wondered what prevented him from talking to us directly. The paper was left on the door, don't know if he ended up removing it.

I often feel disturbed when they see me and just to wave or say Hi will be problem. They just ignore one like plague even to their fellow Germans oh.

I am not just used to this life as per Nigerian guy nah. But I have a thick skin now
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Braket: 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
Luthor007:

Tnx.... D language barrier tho
People get employed from different countries without speaking German, but trust me life will be frustrating here without German.

When every letter you get is written in German you will blame yourself grin

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
Braket:

I often feel disturbed when they see me and just to wave or say Hi will be problem. They just ignore one like plague even to their fellow Germans oh.

I am not just used to this life as per Nigerian guy nah. But I have a thick skin now

You have to get used to it.
Re: The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany by Hadampson(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2018
Wow.. finally, a thread about my dream country..All these threads about Canny, Aussie, Yankee or Jand don tire me.. Only God knows how i stumbled on this great thread, i thank God for that.

Also, I thank the OP braket for taking his time out for us to know about Germany.. Danke �

Jigba and lovelygurl, my crushes...� ( That is if there's a word like that � ) i greet you oo

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Aerial Photos Of Ogbaru, Onitsha From Second Niger Bridge Site / Air Peace Crew To Dubai Wear ‘Isi Agu’ Suit And Red Cap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.