Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435141 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by dimssy(m): 9:34am On May 14, 2018
This is a journey into the future.
Something is missing somewhere...where is Chief's daughter?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by joshnes(m): 10:11am On May 14, 2018
I think Mr X was able to save Fome before the blast. Apart from that thought, souloho19 has got me in a twist here. Weldone man, thanks for the wonderful update.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Silvertrinity(f): 10:14am On May 14, 2018
wow... finally I'm here nice story souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Godwinfury(m): 11:40am On May 14, 2018
Kaycee9242:
I really feel for Olivia, it wud av been better if she took d ice cream with d rest so as to avert dis pain she is going tru now after all d dota was still taken at last
Bro, you are actually wrong there, had u followed this story accurately, you would have read where the ice cream vendor sold her first cone of ice cream to a passer by,
The woman smiled, glad that she haven't scooped from the one containing the deadly mixture
Fome wanted her dead, one way or the other, she would have encountered a more awful death with that poison cause;
1.Everyone will be asleep.
2. The poison would more likely destroy her entire organs.
3. Rex wouldn't have been able to know what happened until it's too late.
4. … left to ur imagination.
Souloho19, I just dey twale for you, 700 gbosas to you bro...

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Charminee(f): 12:13pm On May 14, 2018
I dnt even know what to say again
Re: The Hole In The Wall by bimberry1307(f): 12:18pm On May 14, 2018
this is becoming more complicated. I hope Rex gets to his daughter before fome harms her. well done souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by light4life(f): 12:32pm On May 14, 2018
Leesah where art thou? you're missing plenty.
somebody should get me a gun Abeg, lemme coman finish Fome and the rest of the X family once and for all...kai

Soul!! thanks for the mention :-D kiss
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Leesah(f): 12:43pm On May 14, 2018
light4life:
Leesah where art thou? you're missing plenty.
somebody should get me a gun Abeg, lemme coman finish Fome and the rest of the X family once and for all...kai

Soul!! thanks for the mention :-D kiss

honey bunny, here I am.. in fact, why aren't you reading for tomorrow exam?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Leesah(f): 12:47pm On May 14, 2018
light4life:
oh mehn!! Andy is a complete dunce! Olivia is a fighter and Rex please don't be a Statue.
Fome!!! you have just touched the tail of a cobra
@leesah coman watch action thriller o.

Souloho19 for president!!!!
you wee not hype me like this when I write my own story o besides souloho just mentioned only you issokay.. do you care for pizza and cold stone ice cream?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HelenBee(f): 2:41pm On May 14, 2018
I won't be surprised if it later turned out not to be Fome.

4 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by sussybae(f): 3:04pm On May 14, 2018
Smhart1:
You finally had me comment on this post after been glued for days (actually started from Delayed Diagnosis). You are a raw talent that needs to be celebrated. You deem it fit not to starve of updates despite we reading for free. This story is Golden.
God bless you
you need to read the devil wears okirika by him also
He his a good writer

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 5:08pm On May 14, 2018
Bro, you are actually wrong there, had u followed this story accurately, you would have read where the ice cream vendor sold her first cone of ice cream to a passer by,

Fome wanted her dead, one way or the other, she would have encountered a more awful death with that poison cause;

Oh maybe I missed dt part, I thought she only added sedative in order to av undisturbed access to d baby she wanted to take away
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Smhart1(f): 5:19pm On May 14, 2018
sussybae:

you need to read the devil wears okirika by him also
He his a good writer
Really? I will love to read. I'll definitely check it out.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by joshnes(m): 5:46pm On May 14, 2018
HelenBee:
I won't be surprised if it later turned out not to be Fome.
with souloho19 on the script ANYTHING can happen

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Beetunez44(m): 6:08pm On May 14, 2018
This is getting more technical, nice work bro!!
Re: The Hole In The Wall by mcjesuspikin(m): 6:25pm On May 14, 2018
wherever this story is heading to, I just pray it will be positive......
Am sure the unknown lady is on a mission.still,only God know what mission exactly...... I wont stop crying if anything happens to the BROTA or any of their families....
THUMBS UP � boss..... you are Great...
Re: The Hole In The Wall by paafin(m): 8:29pm On May 14, 2018
Boss Soul o... Coman update o..
Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 10:08pm On May 14, 2018
Lol.... Super tight update @souloho19, not up to 12hrs and people already calling you for update...
U 2 much

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Raingirl(f): 7:24am On May 15, 2018
Dis miss x is very heartless, hw can she do dat to my poor Olivia. Only God and OP
knows wat she want to do with baby Emma. Anxiously waiting for an update
Re: The Hole In The Wall by joshnes(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2018
souloho19 your story made front page. Again.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by HazardMan(m): 10:51am On May 15, 2018
Thanks for the dedication man, Nice update as usual.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by EVARISTOMONARCH: 1:20pm On May 15, 2018
I repeat nothing should happen to Emma baby or else I will join BROTA and finish that Fome.

Mr Soul keep doing what you know how to do best. Thrilling us with your suspense..
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Gracito(f): 3:30pm On May 15, 2018
Souloho19..this is an amazing story.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 5:51pm On May 15, 2018
joshnes raingirl phoenixchap paafin mcjesuspikin beetunez44 smhart1 kaycee9242 sussybae helenbee leesah light4life bimberry1307 charminee godwinfury silvertrinity dimssy oroolorun
gracito hazardman evaristomonarch

ANDY AND TONYE
07:00pm
Countdown to kidnpping: 02:32:16

"Its getting dark, that's it i'm calling Bami" Tonye stood up and dug into her pocket for her phone.
"No need to disturb them....why don't we catch a cab to the office instead?"
Andy said.
"yes that would be best" Dr Rasheed chipped in hurriedly. He didn't bother to hide the fact that he wanted them gone.
To think his lab now had four stools and 3 of them were occupied! He needed his space, this was his fotress of solitude, his lab. And no one was allowed here....well unless the person had delayed diagnosis. he smiled cheekily at his humour.

"At least i have to call and tell them." Tonye looked at Andy as if to say 'what's the matter with you?' but Andy was already looking at the young student.
"So we'll drop you off....if you're done here?"
"Oh....no" she glanced up as Dr Rasheed retired to his office. The man was quite antisocial. "most of the heavy work starts at night....that's when they put on the gen that runs over night."
"hmmmmm.....well...." he glanced at Tonye who had her phone glued to her ear. "You know what, we should split up....I'll stay here in case they come and you can head on back"
Tonye didn't say anything but listened to the phone ring. His case was simply what happened when a heterosexual Stays celibate for 24 months then a girl catches his fancy. The floodgates of testosterone would break open and in other words he would be one hörny devil. Pun intended.

Bami didn't pick the call after 3 attempts and she was beginning to agree with Andy cause she was simply sick of the lab.
Her phone vibrated signalling an incoming message. It was from Bami.

Can't pick now , still in the lab. Would call you soon.

For a minute she mused on the straightforwardness of the letter. She and Bami hardly exchanged any endearments...didn't have nicknames or say 'dear, love , sweet, honey, sugar...'
She smiled as she imagined if it were Rex and Olivia. The message would definitely enter 2 pages.

"Bami says they're still in the lab"
she announced
Andy sat up "really? that's how many hours now....its taking too long, does that kid really know what he's doing"
"What kid?" Christie asked
"No kid" Tonye snapped. She had changed her mind, she didn't like the girl after all.
"Andy can i see you outside" she said through clenched teeth.

Once they were outside she turned on her heels "What is the matter with you? you're not watching what you say...divulging information carelessly, its unprofessional, tiresome and very annoying"

Andy looked suprised. "Woa.....woa.....take it easy, you know what, you stay....i'll head on to the office"
"No....there's some work i have to do" she softened her voice. "Andy its okay, but you shouldn't be so attracted to someone to the extent that you give up classified data...there has to be a line."
"I'm not attracted to her" it sounded false in his own ears. "You know what, whatever...." he stomped back into the lab and Tonye shook her head.

Time: 08:06: 44pm
Countdown to abduction: 01:26:16

Tonye

She greeted the guard as she was let through the gates. She wasn't suprised to see lights on in the building. Everyone seemed to be living there now adays....

She climbed the stairs thinking about food. She was hungry although she had quite a large lunch earlier.
She passed her assistant's office, the door was wide open and she poked her head in and saw Kristen sleeping with her head on the table.

She thought of waking her to go home but decided to leave her alone. However she helped her slide the door shut.

She had taken precisely 4 steps when the door opened and her assistant called out. "I've been waiting for you ma, I have something I think you should see." She ducked into her office and came out with a file. This time it was slim- thankfully.

"Kristen what happened to the soft copy sharing I told you about" she took the file from her and leafed through it.
"I did....your mail.....your whats app every social platform i could think of"
"Oh......" Tonye smiled guiltily. "My bad....today was really hectic. Give me a run down of the data"

I tried to retrace the steps of any one of them from the point the report stopped. But there was no such luck, So I contacted Sam and asked him to dig into the accounts-"
"Woa....you contacted Sam? That's a breech....you don't do something like that without consulting me first, in short you don't contact Sam or anyone for that matter, are we clear?" Tonye said.

Kristen nodded, she seemed disoriented for a second and must have lost track of what she had been saying before.

"So, did Short Sam Find anything of interest.?"
Tonye asked
"He found things of interest, first of all Mr. Kehinde has a little over 11 million in his account and he hardly moved around with cash. Most of the charges are done from his atm card or mobile banking. There were a couple of accounts that came up...they'r all detailed in the file...page 4. But there was no red flag until Sam...errr mister Sam dug up one account that received 750 thousand naira from him early last year and another 750 by december"
"woa....who does the account belong to?" Tonye asked she flipped the pages hurriedly.
"One mr silver something...I've forgotten his surname, but its all in there"

Tonye saw the picture and studied the face, it was a passport photograph that had been enlarged and printed. The quality wasn't the best to say the least. Underneath the picture was the name 'Sylvanus ukuriah'
48 years old, brown eyes 85kg, AS, O-.....

"Sylvanus ukuriah....at least we have an ID"
she was impressed, the girl was proving to be an asset indeed.
"yes i already ran it.....he's the manager of serenity suites"
"Serenity suites....why does that sound familiar...."
"That's the name of the hotel the murder occured"
"Woa....so he was on the pay role, that would explain why there was no evidence of the fight the deceased man witnessed from his balcony in your former report"
"yes ma"
"Kristen, this is top notch...excellent work, keep it up"
Kristen beamed "thank you ma"
"you didn't have to stay late waiting for me, you should have left it till tomorrow"
"Its no bother, ehen another thing....the other account however...the one belonging to the female has been dormant for years....it still has the 91,000 since 2011"
"Hmmm...." Tonye mulled it over. "Good job Kristen"
She headed up the stairs to her office. Tomorrow morning she'd be paying the hotel manager a visit.

Time: 9:30:28
Countdown to abduction: In progress

Andy

Dr Rasheed looked up from the microscope his eye had been glued to for the last half hour. "My throat is parched...I'm so thirsty"

"I'd get you water doctor" Christie said helpfully and hurried out of the office as if the thirst was life threatening.

Doctor Rasheed resumed his deep study of one organism or an other, or maybe cells...that field was quite vague to Andy.He hadn't been a science student, what he had been was a banker working customer care.

"So doctor, what about the other guy....Betran?"
Andy asked.

Rasheed looked up exasperatedly:"Andy for the last time I don't talk while working....its too easy to make mistakes during procedure so I don't want any distraction"

"Okay doctor strange" Andy muttered. Rex and Bami were yet to call about the DNA result although they all knew it was going to be a positive match.

After some seconds the doctor sighed out in frustration "Where is the water now...the tuck shop is on this floor, how many hours would it take her to get me water for God's sake."

Actually she had been gone less than two minutes but Andy didn't want to 'distract' the doctor so he kept the information to himself.

Dr Rasheed looked into the microscope again then shook his head and stood up. "I have to get water....let me check my office i think there's half satchet of pure water on my desk."
He entered his office and came out with a full satchet of water.
He closed the door behind him then touched his pockets, "oh no..."
"What is it?" Andy asked
'My keys...I think i locked them in the office"
"Christie says you do that a lot, anyway its no big deal, just get the spare key and you're good to go"

Doctor Rasheed frowned "what spare key?"

:::::::::::::::::::::

I was going to drive myself crazy if I wasn't careful. All these 'what if' scenerios weren't working at all. So i focused on the here and now. First, I had to plan my movement.

I battled with my phone trying to book the flight myself but after a while the network still timed out. It was quater past twelve and I wasn't a fan of disturbing people that were asleep. God knows I'd breathe fire if I were the one.
But this was an emergency. I dialed my assistant's number and was informed it wasn't reachable. I ended the call and tried again and it rang.

"Hello" he said sleepily.
"Sorry to rouse you from your sleep...I need you to book me the earliest flight to Jos"
" yes boss..." his voice was clearer now "anything else?"
"No that's all....send the details to my box, thanks"

Bami was still on the phone. He had stepped outside so our voice wouldn't disturb each other while we were on the phone. I drummed my fingers on the steering and thought of my next move.....the chief. But that could only be determined by the take off time of my flight.

The message from Clyde was already committed to memory and I repeated it. No cops, no friends....prepare for contact, and the note had been signed miss X.

"Okay....keep me posted" Bami entered the car and let out a tired sigh.
"Who was that, Andy?" I asked
"No Tonye....they did some digging and found out huge sums of money were paid into one account, they ID'd the owner and it belongs to the manager of the hotel.
"That bastard...." I started the truck
"Woa...what are you doing?" Bami asked in suprise
"I have little time to spend in Lagos and too many leads, I'm not wasting it"
"But its 12:30" Bami protested
"Exactly, he would be in his living quaters"
"How about the people in the station?"
"What about them? Dagnet is busy, if Terry needs me he'll call."

Bami became agreeable. "Alright then, I never liked the man anyway."

::::::::::::::::::::

Along the way Jumbo called me to tell me he had booked the flight.
"I've sent it to your box...take off is by 10:45"
"Okay thanks..." i ended the call. "I think its going to be a busy morning.
"Roger" Bami agreed.

::::::::::::::::::

Andy was confused.

He sat on the stool at the far side of the wall and watched Christie as she worked.
It turned out Dr. Rasheed had forgotten his key in the lab so when Christie showed up with the bottled water he was in his office as if nothing happened.

So why did she tell him that utter balderdash About there being a spare key. The doctor certainly wasn't aware. And when he checked the shelf she had put the key, it wasn't there.

He studied her with growing suspicion and she glanced at him and smiled. He smiled back.

It was like Mona all of a sudden, the secrecy, the double personality she slipped on and off, one part a loving wife and expectant mom and the other hand, a violent lady with cazy skills in hand to hand combat.
...there had always been something off then.....and this time he could sense it again.

What had she been up to in the doctor's office? he could bet on it that she wasn't meant to be in there and he could find out.
He stood up and stretched "yo...doc amma head inside and catch a quick nap in your office"
"I'm sorry but no one apart from me is allowed in there"
the doctor replied testily.

"But the other day-"
"The other day was an exception, I hadn't seen you guys for over a year and I made a split decision for privacy"

But Andy had heard what he wanted. He glanced at the student who was watching him with unreadable eyes.
It was just his luck. Too bad he always fell for the crazy ones.

Then he thought about the DNA, what if she had somehow altered it......when he went to the toilet and the result had been influenced?

He was thinking of confronting her when his phone rang. Caller ID showed Tonye.

"Andy.....Emma has been kidnapped"

He sat down slowly. "what happened? How come? What of the security detail we attached to her" he lowered his voice. Dr Rasheed didn't pay him any attention still looking through his microscope and scribling observations in a notepad.Christie however hung on to every word....

"Any leads?" Andy asked
"yea a few" Tonye said " first thing first....the result was negative from the other lab... so we need to find out which one of these geniuses bleeped up."

"I think i know what happened. " Andy said
"Really, what is it........Andy?"

But he had already hung up.

He studied the young doctor and she glanced up and smiled at him. But this time he didn't smile back.

:::::::::::::::::::

"This super agent you talked about, what's his story?" I asked Bami as we drew closer to the hotel.

"The chancellor? He's head of the federal crimes unit in Lagos. He's a tough bastard and its almost impossible to get inside the office if they don't let you up"

I frowned "What do you mean?"

"Don't worry you'd understand when we get there"

It was 12:53 and a thought occured to me "would anybody be there?"

"Trust me, if its the same chancellor that I know he's in his office right now compiling reports and memo's." Bami assured me
"Okay....so from the lawyer's office we head to kirikiri." I pulled into the parking lot of the hotel.

Bami opened the large compartment underneath the dashboard.
He removed a gun and handed it to me

I shook my head "i'm not in the frame of mind to hold a weapon trust me"

"You never know"

"I'll pass Bami"

He put a gun on his belt then returned the gun I rejected but on second thought he took it again and attached it to his ankle holster.

The night was silent, the rain had stopped since but the weather was windy. Bami and I walked up to the entrance, looking at the useless cameras with distaste.

Whatever information the manager had, he would talk. That one was a must .

Bami was still on the phone. He had stepped outside so our voice wouldn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 6:23pm On May 15, 2018
souloho19:
Chisiudeh phoenixchap horladstar honourable356 EkopSparoAyara Meneski helenbee vickyluvspices iamloyalty agp19 joshnes heemah joislim rchilee labelle123 oroolorun boffinjay evaristomonarch nikz quineetee chii8 whocarex opeade939 kaycee9242 Godwinfury eberechi24 alarmednigerian adeculate
Thanks for your comments fam, the ball is rolling again
.Im here o
Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 6:34pm On May 15, 2018
As much as having someone like Rex gives you some kinda courage, it's still dangerous
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 15, 2018
tnx boss.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by dimssy(m): 7:30pm On May 15, 2018
No one is to be treated at this stage.
That girl is Dr. Strange office sah.

Nice work bro
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HelenBee(f): 7:37pm On May 15, 2018
I knew that girl is up to something. Whatever it is,I just hope the BROTA gets to know on time.

Thanks Souloho19...bless up man!

4 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Charminee(f): 9:15pm On May 15, 2018
Who was abducted na?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Silvertrinity(f): 9:35pm On May 15, 2018
thanks for the update smiley
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 11:25pm On May 15, 2018
I talk am, that Christie or whatever she called herself was a witch. She had a mission that is why she masked herself as a student doctor under Dr Rashidi.
Oh poor Olivia, poor Emma. Andy made a mess big time.
CONTINUE BOSS, WE FOLLOW STILL!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.