Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435148 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Bleeze2: 11:36pm On May 15, 2018
Souloho19, you are one of the best brains i av seen in a while
And bro u av forgotten i am one of ur big fans, u dnt even mention my name when u started this, if not tgat it qas in d front page i wouldn't av known
Kudos bro

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by light4life(f): 12:52am On May 16, 2018
Leesah:

honey bunny, here I am.. in fact, why aren't you reading for tomorrow exam?

Hehehehe....I'm reading naw
Re: The Hole In The Wall by light4life(f): 12:56am On May 16, 2018
Leesah:

you wee not hype me like this when I write my own story o besides souloho just mentioned only you issokay.. do you care for pizza and cold stone ice cream?

babes, you know I'm your biggest fan anyway... just say the word....

please add sharwama to the list dear...
front seat is reserved for us. :-)
Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:12am On May 16, 2018
The update before this got me confused... I was thinking of going back to read DELAYED DIAGNOSIS to have a clue or a hint of what was amiss that fateful night when the gas exploded but I had to forget about it because Mr Souloho will make it clear to me.. I trust him.
Could Fome and Mona still be alive ??
How is that even possible??
Andy, you had better not confront Christie there and pretend, just keep an eye on her..
Ah, Mr Souloho, you got me in your twisted web of suspense so badly..
Bravo Souloho..

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Charminee(f): 6:02am On May 16, 2018
Andy better use ur number 6 oh
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Eberechi24(f): 8:01am On May 16, 2018
queenitee:
.Im here o
present sir.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Eberechi24(f): 8:19am On May 16, 2018
soul, this wonderful.

there are so many distractions, the student doctor, Emma abduction, manager mess. I hope they pull through on time,
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kaycee9242(m): 10:32am On May 16, 2018
Andy has proven dt he wasn't trained for d job dy just joined dem by chance, Bami or Tonye couldn't av been dt careless. In such work u use ur heart to trus and not brain. Mr Souloho well done big time
Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 10:46am On May 16, 2018
Eberechi24:

present sir.
Ma oo
Re: The Hole In The Wall by joshnes(m): 2:08pm On May 16, 2018
weldone souloho19! great update. Finally the Andy we know has joined the party, but who could the student doctor be that she has access to Fome's DNA?

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by donkelz(m): 3:52pm On May 16, 2018
Nice Bro! Am still with you all the way Souloho!

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Yemike(m): 4:38pm On May 16, 2018
Andy is finally getting sensitive.
The young nurse might be working for fomé.
Ride on Mr Soul. More anointing and wisdom to your soul.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 4:53pm On May 16, 2018
Thanks for the update Centino

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by KpagoGIN(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update Centino
wrong tread.....but I understand not easy following two blockbusters at the same time.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preshb(f): 8:09pm On May 16, 2018
I have to open an account because of this story something I have refuse to do for quiet a long time now. All the same, you're a good writer souloho, the likes of you are what keeps me awake at night checking for updates. Continue, God's grace. More strength to your fingers

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by paafin(m): 12:20am On May 17, 2018
Game on, Andy!!

To the end, boss..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by vickyluvspices(f): 7:49am On May 17, 2018
souloho19:
Chisiudeh phoenixchap horladstar honourable356 EkopSparoAyara Meneski helenbee vickyluvspices iamloyalty agp19 joshnes heemah joislim rchilee labelle123 oroolorun boffinjay evaristomonarch nikz quineetee chii8 whocarex opeade939 kaycee9242 Godwinfury eberechi24 alarmednigerian adeculate
Thanks for your comments fam, the ball is rolling again
shouting yes! yes! yes! in Daniel Bryan vioce.welcome back.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Eberechi24(f): 11:26am On May 17, 2018
queenitee:
Ma oo
hallo dear, how are you
Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 7:25pm On May 17, 2018
Eberechi24:

hallo dear, how are you
I'm fine and you?
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Godwinfury(m): 8:29pm On May 17, 2018
Hey Souloho19, I don't intend to sound like an ingrate, but your previous update is either; incomplete or broken, biko complete am oo.
Strongly behind you bro....
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HazardMan(m): 9:29pm On May 17, 2018
Oya Soco Soco baby o, nice one
Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 2:31am On May 18, 2018
hazardman Godwinfury quenitee eberechi24 vickyluvspices paafin Preshbann2012 kpakogin yemike donkelz joshnes kaycee9242 charminee donkelz ekopsparoAyara bleeze2 oroolorun silvertrinity helenbee buffinjay dimssy Jah bless

:::::::::::::::::::::

Every inch of the house had been swept with a magnifying glass but the duo of Clyde and Buzz didn't find any fresh evidence. Apart from the note that had been taped to the fridge, the sign of struggle, the blood and the family that was still sound asleep, not to mention the woman fighting for her life in the hospital And the baby that was missing. They only found what the attacker wanted them to find.

"Buzz....Bami just messaged me, we're to split up....keep an eye on Olivia at the hospital and look after the family here...Rex would be here in the morning."
"I'd head on to the hospital then" Buzz said.
"Yeah....you should take the car"
"How did something like this happen and we didn't hear a thing?" Buzz said confused.
"Heck, I was asleep, I should be asking you!"
"Well whoever it was knows what he's doing"
"For sure....but we'll catch him" Clyde said confidently.

b]:::::::::::::::::::[/b]

Tonye paced up and down her office pondering what Bami had told her. He and Rex were going to the 'office'. To see the counselor.

That was foolishness, and she had said as much to Bami. They couldn't just stroll there and expect the secret service to just answer whatever question they had. Especially when the question was to identify the high ranking official who had given the order to blacklist Fome as a threat to National Security.
They were taking it too far, letting emotions cloud their judgement. One didn't just wake up and go after the department of state service.

But her husband had just laughed and said "don't worry honey we haven't even slept"
She didn't have any reply because the only thing she could think of was that he had called her honey.

But now she was worried and as she paced around the office she decided to call Andy.

He picked the call before it could even ring.
"Hello"
"Andy! What did you mean when you said you knew what happened?"
"Errrm....I can't really talk now, let's just say there was a slight mix up at this end, but I'm on top of it..........look I'd call you back"
"Wait....Bami and Rex might need our help in the morning, be ready"
"No problem....we got each other's backs that's the motto right?"
He ended the call in a hurry and Tonye frowned as she wondered what was going on in the doctor's lab.

::::::::::::

Doctor Rasheed had decided to spend the night catching up on his paperwork much to his annoyance, but he just couldn't work well with Andy in the lab, interrupting and talking and the young man couldn't take a hint to leave or a straightforward request to get the hell out for that matter. He sighed, shaking his big head slowly. His ears perked up when he heard a thump from the lab outside. He sighed in frustration then went to the window and parted the blinds.

Andy and his student Christie were having some kind of face off. Christie seemed too want to leave the lab but Andy blocked her path.
"What in God's name are these kids up to now" Dr Rasheed sighed. "Hey, you two...whatever you want to do take it outside, there are equipments worth millions here"
Even as he said it his mild mannered Christie shoved Andy back roughly. He hit the door but bounced back and she pushed him to the side. He hit one end of the table and a test tube smashed on the ground. "No no no no no no no....." Dr Rasheed cried in dismay then rushed out of his small office.
Or that was his intention, instead he jerked the door but it didn't open, he pulled and pulled but it was locked. He was locked in. He glanced round the room suddenly feeling a drowning sensation. His keys were nowhere to be found.

:::::::::::::

When they were alone, Andy didn't look at her, his eyes were fixed on the poster of the human anatomy. The tension in the room was so heavy that one could actually breathe it in. Finally Andy looked at her "so are you going to tell me the truth or you're waiting for me to ask you?"

She paused. She had been writing or transferring notes she jotted down into a much bigger book. She looked at him "What do you mean?"
"Oh...you prefer me to ask you then, I'm very much obliged! Where is the DNA you switched and what was your purpose, and who are you working for?!"
She stood up swiftly. "I don't know what has come over you but I have to go" she closed her books, put them in a small bag and put the bag in one of the cupboards.
"I can't let you go until you explain your actions" Andy said softly. He almost sounded apologetic.
She stared at him or glared at him for a full ten seconds then she stomped to the doctor's office. But when she reached the door she stopped and changed her mind.
"Look Bami, i like you, you're nice but I have to go now i'm staying somewhere very far" she turned and began walking slowly.
"Then answer my questions.....why did you switch the DNA and who sent you?"
"What is your proof that I did this thing you say...." her voice had change, her walk had changed, she batted her eyelashes. "It weakens my heart that you would think so" she put her halm on her chest and Andy's eyes followed the movement. Her shirt had two....nope three buttons popped open and the curve of cleavage was wonderful and inviting.
It took a lot of will power to maintain eye contact especially since the law of gravity seemed to be affecting his eyes.
"Christie cut the crap okay, I know you lied i want to know why"
She kept her voice husky, so intent on seducing him she moved closer and ran her index finger round his jaw line. "And what if I don't tell you?"

"Then you're not going anywhere surely...." Andy said firmly. He shook his head. A stupid part of him wanted to be seduced so bad, even if it was just a ruse, a set up.

She shook her head "i can't do that..."
before she could react he had twisted her arm and forced her to her knees then on the floor. he sat astride her while he struggled to unhook his handcuffs. He decided his pocket was too heavy and removed his phone which took up all the space. why did they make the screens on these phones so big anyway?

The phone rang in reply and he picked immediately.
"Hello"
".........." It was Tonye, asking him about something he had said earlier.
"Errrm....I can't really talk now, let's just say there was a slight mix up at this end, but I'm on top of it..........look I'd call you back" and he was literally 'ontop'
"..........No problem....we got each other's backs that's the motto right?"
He cut the call hurriedly then forced it to his back pocket.

"Okay okay....my hand hurts...I'll tell you whatever you need to know" Christie cried out.
"I'm listening"
"Andy let me up and we'd talk, I have feelings for you and i'm in pain here"
He stood up grudgingly and offered to help her to her feet.
"Oh Andy...." she pushed him back suddenly and he hit the door with enough force to sting his back muscles. But he regained his balance and folded his arms, an unconscious art of self defence. It was better to have both hands closer wasn't it?

"Look I don't want to fight you okay, lets be civilized" he said reasonably
"civilized you say, then let me go in a civilized manner..."
His eyes hardened "I said I can't do that...have you ever heard the saying; the truth will set you free? This is a situation it applies"
She shoved him roughly again and as he bounced back she pushed him to the side and out of the way at the same time Dr Rasheed yelled "Hey, you two...whatever you want to do take it outside, there are equipments worth millions here"
Immediately a glass tube fell and broke into a million pieces.

Christie's hand was almost at the door when Andy grabbed her and pulled her back. She turned and threw a punch which he blocked easily. He had been afraid she'd turn out to be a ninjah or something but as he watched her take a stance that left her face vulnerable he guessed she was definitely not a fighter.
He could hear Dr Rasheed pounding his door shouting to be let out.

"running is a bad idea....i might not take it easy on you next-" she cut the words of with a powerful kick to the groin. lucky for him his hands had been in his pocket, trying to control the errrr....excitement.
So it was his hand that took the majority of what was definitely a ball buster. he howled in exaggerated pain and let his knees buckle.
"Lesson one make your enemy underestimate you but never underestimate your enemy, lesson two: when I ask you to let me go, you stay the Bleep out of my way!" she turned to leave, targetting a glorius exit but Andy rammed into her from behind before she could reach for the door handle. She bounced of the wall, her bones vibrating from the force and they were at each other.
The chemistry they both shared moments earlier had now become inorganic. But one thing was right, Andy mused as he leaned back, dodging a well placed right hook, she was a fighter, sharp on her feet with quick hands.

He threw a combination punch and she dodged, parried but the third sent her staggering into the table. Something else fell and broke.
Dr Rasheed yelled from his office "Aaaaaaaaaaargh!"

:::::::::::::::::::::

I killed the lights and Bami and I hopped down from the truck. As we made our way towards the entrance, the security guard dozing in his chair didn't so much as bat an eyelid. Not even when we passed him and the door creaked when we entered.
"Why won't the shadow have fun with them, their security is totally none existent" Bami complained "This place is just a picnic to him."
The clerk was at his desk as usual, doing what he did best- sleeping.
"No need waking him...last floor is where he stays...." I reminded Bami
"How do you know....you've been here before?" he asked
"Oh....." I remembered Bami hadn't been around during our trip to the 'living quaters' as the man had called it. "yea the day of the murder....is that really necessary" i said when he pulled out his gun and began to ascend the stairs slowly.
"Of course its necessary if you've been here before, I wouldn't mind you telling me"
"I was talking about that...the gun, is it really necessary?"
His smile was full of mischief "Yea i knew what you meant..."
I gave him directions while he went ahead 'clearing' the way.

When we got to the fifth and last floor finally and the manager's living quaters I was convinced the hotel had taken a huge hit in business since the murder. No one wanted to pay money to stay where someone had been killed.
The door was locked from inside when I tried the handle. I looked at Bami and nodded. Two powerful kicks from him and the door swung open. I hit the switch and the overhead flourescent came on washing the room with white light. Mr. Sylvanus was scrambling across the bed with his eyes half closed. "You again....I'll sue you! the both of you, i'll sue you for illegal entry...breaking and entry.....tresspassing." it seems he was back in lawyer mode
"You're saying the same thing in different ways...you know one who is his own's lawyer has a fool for a client." I said
"Screw you....let's see how funny you get when I put you on the stand in court"
He swung his legs over the side of the bed and straight into Bami's waiting arms.

"You know what I can't stand? Pompous,, obnoxious egotistic men like you.."
Heey that's defamation of my character!" The manager shouted
"Sue me"
" 'Bami how about we test the balcony....i bet you 5k that this fool's head would split open" I said catching their attention.
"You're on...his head remains intact" Bami said.
"Wait a minute, whose head are you talking about?' The manager said as he tried to relax the grip Bami had on him

"Why yours of course" i said good naturedly "unless you wanna tell us about the money you received from Mr Kehinde" i asked him
"Wh-what money ' HE STAMMERED
"Suite yourself....Bami lets go check out the balcony
We dragged the unwilling manager to the balcony. Bami and I were already sweating. it had been quite a struggle to get the man outside as he literally dug in his heels; and held on to furniture. His room was on the fifth floor and as I stared down into the darkness, I felt the manager shiver beside me.

"You're going down there if you don't tell us what we need to know" I said. "Now for the last time, what is with you and mr Kehinde, the money he transferred into your account was for what?"
"honestly you need to believe me, he only came here to pass the night sometimes and he let the bill pile up so he cleared it once"
"So it piled up to 750k? You must think I'm foolish. Bami lets send this fool down.

The manager bent down so we won't be able to carry him but i swept his legs from underneath him and Bami caught him and placed him horizontal.
"No.....no....please!" He shrieked as Bami and I gripped one of his legs and began to lower him down.
"We're gonna let go now" i called out.
"Oh please no....I don't want to die......mercy!" The tough lawyer was out the window, now and he was terrified, frightened, petrified.
"This is your last chance? What was the money for?"
We lowered him slowly, bearing the strain on our arms but we were extra careful, this was risky business.
"Stop stop stop stop....I'll tell you...."
"Go on" i prompted
"Aren't you gonna let me up?"
Bami sighed and lowered Sylvanus down until we had to stretch over the balcony to
Hold the manager still.
"Okay okay okay.....i'll tell you everything! Kehinde stopped visiting the hotel for a while then he shows up one night and instructs me to oversee something for him...." he sneered "Before my eyes this man puts my account number in ...I don't know how he knew my account number. And before I can say Jack Robinson, there's 750k sitting in my account." He lowered his eyes "At the time the hotel was in debt so it was a big deal."

"So what did he want you to watch for him...do you have it here?" Bami asked.
"No...it was a she not an 'it' a lady had been involved in a nasty accident and I was to arrange for her to meet a plastic surgeon"
"Plastic surgeon hmm.....the injuries from the accident must have been really bad then"
"It was horrible... she tried to cover it with a scarf and dark shades but the burn marks were too visible"

"excuse me...did you say burn marks?" I asked
"yes....the accident was domestic I think gas leak or faulty wiring was the cause."
"When was this?"
"errm...I can't really say unless I check my calender pad inside I have all the information"

Bami and I glanced at each other then nodded. We pulled the manager completely. "So which plastic surgeon did you link her with?" I asked Mr Sylvanus while he gasped for breath and hit his head with his palm repeatedly. His feet were still shaky and not completely under him yet so he leaned on the railing.
"There's a specialist who runs his practice in Abuja, he was the one that performed the surgery"
I looked at Bami. There was irrevocably no doubt that Fome had escaped the fire two years ago. How had she been able to pull it off? Cause i could still hear the loud explosion and see the roof shoot into the air and the fire burn with fury. How did one walk away from such. I imagined the pain she had gone through....the scars on her soul as a result of my brash actions.
"Do you have any picture of her?" I finally said
The manager shook his head "my job was to connect both of them and settle whatever initial debts that will arise...I tried my best to distance myself as far as i could whenever I could...so I have no picture....but i can give you my diary, it contains all the details of the surgery which isn't much so don't get your hopes up...but it has some useful info"
"Okay we'd appreciate that" Bami said and the manager opened the sliding glass and hurried into the room.
"Strange how a near death experience made him very co-operative" I muttered and we watched the manager rush back out, he held two sheets of paper and he handed them to me.

"This is your diary?" Bami asked in bewilderment
"Oh...no....but these are the pages you want. I told you it wasn't much"
"but why tear it...there was no need for that" I said as i studied the paper at least the writing was neat.
"oh comeon....that's my diary.."
we looked at him blankly our expression saying So?
The manager's eyes grew large as though he couldn't believe we had no problem reading someone else's diary.
"I'm not going to give you my diary.....its personal" Mr Sylvanus said firmly.

i caught Bami's eyes and tilted my head, our cue to leave.

"All right sir, thanks for your co-operation" I said and stood up.
"I didn't have any choice did I...not with the both of you dangling me like a piece of carrot from the last floor of a 5 story building. He stared at the wall for some seconds then sighed. "infact i'm going to pen down a complaint and send to your supervisors maybe with the media, so they can see the unconventional methods you use"

Bami and I left the room before he could fully transform to 'Mr. Lawyer' for us.
I started the truck once we were settled in the car.
"So what do you think?"
Bami looked at me "his information was incredible. Its offering a better understanding of the events and now we just have to connect more dots from the chief then We'll have clarity"
"So what do we know so far?" I slowed down at a red light.
"We know Fome is alive, we know she was connected to the last shadow...probably lovers.....its highly possible she killed him after a disagreement"
"We know Fome has my daughter...put my wife in intensive care...we know she's going to contact me in the next 48 hours...what we don't know is which state the operation is running from...is it Lagos, maybe Jos was just a decoy or maybe it was Jos....maybe Fome was so familiar with Jos that she knew where to hide a kidnapped baby?"

We had spent over an hour at the hotel because when i glanced at the dashboard the time was 01:44am.

I did a mental calculation then stepped on the gas....the chief and I had a reunion to attend.

::::::::::::::::

She was suprised that they hadn't called the cops. Although she had warned them not to, still......
She yawned and took a sip from the mug in her hands. The bug was still transmitting clearly and she could hear their voice clearly. Even hear the faint sound of snoring.
She listened to the plan to split up and watch over Olivia in the hospital. When all was silent and only the snoring that no doubt originated from Alli no joy. She removed her head set then hit some keys on her laptop activating the recording that would kick in and save any conversation that went on in the house.

She swivelled the chair completely and studied the baby. She was beautiful and her features were so much like her father's. She rubbed her own stomach remembering the secret baby she had been carrying and the pain when she had lost the baby in the fire.

Her eyes grew dark with anger and hatred until her phone rang. The ice cream tune was her alert tone for her special line, not everyone had the number or to be precise...only a select few had the number.

"Yes"
"Just checking in....how is things over there?"
"Under control...any new development?"
"Well...Rex is flying in tomorrow from Lagos"
"Good...be attentive when he arrives so you'll update me on the going ons...infact just try and get them to the house when they want to discuss anything at all"
"Got it"
"One more thing......be careful"

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by emperorblog(m): 6:05am On May 18, 2018
good story read more cool and interesting story on www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: The Hole In The Wall by HelenBee(f): 6:27am On May 18, 2018
Fome wow,I'm 'shooked'.

4 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by cyndy1000(f): 6:47am On May 18, 2018
Fome is really wicked. She still got back up. Christe is really a spy and well trained.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 6:52am On May 18, 2018
I can't just wait to know the rat who is responsible for betraying Rex family. If it's every other story, I would have had a good guess by now, but with you Oga Souloho19 (the master of twisting) I will just keep my mouth shut and watch things unfold

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 8:17am On May 18, 2018
It's looking obvious that Fome is the one behind all this but how she succeeded in taking out Mr Kehinde, the last and best shadow is what I can't imagine..
Christie is a mole and they're other moles in the agency, it could be Clyde..
Let me just watch and see how this unfolds..
Bravo Souloho..
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Godwinfury(m): 9:23am On May 18, 2018
Too much loopholes in BROTA, Andy thinking with his dick, An unidentified mole, what else again?
I just hope and pray Fome doesn't do something to the kid, cause she's innocent. Soulman, ride on jare.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 9:40am On May 18, 2018
Keep the updates coming boss@Souloho19

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Preshb(f): 2:39pm On May 18, 2018
Fome should not do any thing to Emma oo, whatever she lost cannot be recovered after all, she brought it upon herself, living a double life and keeping it a secret from the person she claimed to love. Nice update keep it coming.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by mitchelljnr(m): 3:08pm On May 18, 2018
souloho19 won't stop to amaze me, more ink to your pen bro.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by itsandi(m): 4:05pm On May 18, 2018
Interesting update smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.