Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

The Hole In The Wall - Literature (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Hole In The Wall (435365 Views)

The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / A Short Story - The Wall Between- Haruna Shukurat / lovely new series to read: The Wall Betweeen by Shukura Haruna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Elviswifey1(f): 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2018
[

Thanks souloho.let me balance wit my popcorn.

quote author=souloho19 post=69205157]

Well a big welcome then, but you may have to start weey before the begining...I'm talking about with delayed diagnosis so you'd understand better[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by spixytinxy(f): 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2018
Thanks for d update, God bless u plenty plenty

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Pinkfeet: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2018
[quote author=mekonglobal post=69206626][/quote]
okay i will send it

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2018
mekonglobal:

Yes, i really gave this a thought. I felt that some individual may entertain the fear of how safe their monies will be or if it will even get to the proposed recepient when eventually complete.

So inother, to clear all doubt, i decided it's better we make our donations t directly to him.
I will keep everyone posted when it's completed.
Alright, we would send it to him directly smiley

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Kechbeau: 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2018
wow! mehn this is one hell of a story.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:32pm On Jul 09, 2018
Yeah Yeah...
I went MIA but it's okay if no one noticed that Agent Sparrow Ayara didn't around(LOL)...

Okay.... So...
Souloho has really painted the picture to be Fome, hmmmmmm am still not certain..
Alli no Joy please be careful... Rex won't let you do this if you involve him...
Am beginning to suspect that cab dude, he is too bold...
What the heck Rex, Sparrow is a bad ass and can match Fome... She couldn't even throw him off, mtchewww...I know you're Daughter's life is at stake but keep calm, just a little...
This red letters again??
Hey, Mr Shadow, go and thank your stars that you were wise enough to wear a kelvar... The entire Literaturelanders and lovers of Souloho will be more than glad to contribute for your obituary...
Elviswifey1, I sight you ma'am...
Mekonglobal,maximium respect...

Mr Souloho...Thanks for modeling sensei as myself... Forever grateful...
Oh boy, this is long... making up for lack of comments..
BRAVO SOULOHO...
#JULY_IS_OURS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:49pm On Jul 09, 2018
Let's do this again... He deserves this and more...
Show some gratitude..
Vote Souloho19 for July best writer, deep down you know he deserves it.. ...
You can forget your Surname but please don't forget the moniker if you come across the link..
Please... Mbok.. Biko.. Ejoor..Vote just once..
Click on the link to cast your vote..

https://www.nairaland.com/4596895/nomination-thread-july-5k-award/2#69231795

JULY_IS_OURS..
I will not rest until your given the best..
Thumps up..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by nkemdave(m): 9:40am On Jul 10, 2018
Story like no other.
Ride on Agent souloho19 grin

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Gotee11(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2018
Re: The Hole In The Wall by stevodot22(m): 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
Mr Souloho19 is the real GOAT(greatest of all time). I doff my hat for u bro. Pls vote Souloho19 for July best writer. Thanks for the dedication bro.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Nostradamus: 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2018
mekonglobal:
So Souloho didn't win the June 5k award? Well, all ye fans, lovers and readers of Souloho's work i have to commend u all for voting but as a reminder all our effort wasn't good enough to win him the award.

So i did like to sugest that he provide us an account no. where we make a donation of #10,000 mark.
From now up untill next wk friday.

if hundred people can give us #100 each, we will have #10,000 or 50people to make #200 donations or 25people to donate #500 each.
Who is with me on this? Remember Deadline 13/7/2018
i love this,am with you bros.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by mekonglobal(m): 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2018
Nostradamus:
i love this,am with you bros.
Thanks, all donations goes into this~; UBA: 2052792939 : KINGSLEY EFUGHI.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by donteanz(m): 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2018
Thanks For The Mention Bro. Souloho19 Agba Awo Wey Dey Use Basket Drink Palm Wine. You Sure Die My Pesin.

You Remain The Best. Others Dey Learn. Gba Be

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by RegArmani: 2:01am On Jul 11, 2018
Special Agent Souloho19 is just the key to my happiness this days...Thanks for the mention..

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by princessadeola(f): 7:11am On Jul 11, 2018
More wisdom. You are going places in Jesus Name.
Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ariremako30(m): 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
Great work Souloho19, am still on page 14 but I have to come the future to comment.
Good job.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by souloho19(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2018
Dedicated To: Mekonglobal Oroolorun Quenitee Ann2012 dimssy pinkbae yemike phoenixchap rayvelez pweetygiftofGod Seunfunmi18 Samwobi Spixytinxy silvertrinity pinkfeet kechbeau Specialagent EkopSparoAyara Gotee11 Nkemdave Stevodot22 Nostradamus Donteanz RegArmani Princessadeola Igyeseh
explosive04 paafin
Jah bless y'all!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

The second strike team were silent as the jeep bounced in and out of potholes. The driver was rough and moody but the passengers didn't seem to care. They were also all very moody. Even the car was moody. The way the engine growled in anger and the silencer puffed out smoke aggressively showed the V8 was in a V hate mood.

They had every right to be angry. They had lost their brothers. Four of them murdered like helpless victims....like the victims they themselves killed for a living. That was what angered them the most.

The chief had called with information about the spy who was reported to have helped the detective woman. Or ex detective. The man was an undercover cop/agent he had said. But they were going for everybody. Anyone who was affiliated with the detective or the spy whose name was given as Benjamin Sunday but his real name was indeed Sensei Sparrow, Sparrow Ayara they were all going to die. All of them!

The two men they had also attacked and beat up two days earlier were going to get it too. Because their hands were definitely not clean. They must have been involved in the killings one way or the other.

The jeep screeched to a stop suddenly and the four doors opened. Four pairs of jungle boots jumped out. Sophisticated looking assault rifles gripped tightly in gloved hands with index fingers resting lightly on the trigger scanned the 5 story building.

"Fan out! They say the shadow was here earlier but lets check for the bloody police woman. As a matter of fact anyone we see dies"
Their leader instructed

The four killers jogged into the lobby of serenity suites. They spread out, one person for each floor. They would tackle the last floor later.

The problem was there were 2 dozen policemen in the hotel that the killers didn't know about.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

It was a good thing Bami's bandage had loosened and made him fall behind. Immediately Andy stopped at the entrance without going out to ask him what was wrong, the jeep drifted and screeched to a halt in front of the hotel. Mercenaries. That was the only word that could describe them perfectly. Deadly mercenaries. They jumped out of the SUV and headed for the hotel in a half trot. Andy spun around immediately, whispering loudly.

"We have company...they look like killers quick, hide!"

He took Bami by the elbow and led him down the corridor and into one of the rooms. There were two men playing cards in the room. They both had service revolvers in their holsters and the gun gleamed under the flourescent as their jackets were off.

"We have company" Andy announced shutting the door and looking intently at Bami. He looked like he was in so much pain.

A police man had been going through the clerks desk, frustrated with the amount of papers, all useless records some as old as three years were littered about. When the agent announced that they were under attack, He pulled out his walkie talkie immediately as he ran up the stairs "10-4 do you copy, we have non friendlies on our 6, I repeat we have non friendlies at our 6..extremely armed and dangerous!"

"roger that!" a dozen voices replied.

::::::::::::::::

The first killer moved slowly. His rifle infront of him, scanning any direction he looked. He was a calm professional, he wasn't jumpy, he was at ease.
He approached the first door. 'Room 18'
That was strange. He looked at the room opposite and saw 'Room 17'
So the numbering started from the other end, what a strange hotel.
Because of this turn, he entered the room 17 instead of room. Now room 18 was empty.

Room 17 however had 4 policemen and they were ready, angry and their trigger fingers were itching.

::::::::::::::
::::::

Andy and Bami heard the gunshot the same time but Bami could hardly do anything about it. He was still in pain since none of them had been able to wrap the bandage the same way the doctor had done.

Andy on the other hand was much better and out the door in a heartbeat followed by the two plainclothes officers.
The gunshot had stopped when they reached the room and Andy saw the casualty.The killer had been killed. It seemed the cops had still stood over his dead body and fired continuously into his face and body.

Ratatatatatatatatatatatata!

Bang! Bang!

The shots came from upstairs.

Lets go...they were 4! that means its remaining 3!"andy shouted and he and 7 armed policemen raced up the stairs.

::::::::::::::::::

"casualties?......oh my,....that's bad..... oh...okay,i'll tell him"

I raised my eyebrows in curiosity and took my eyes off the road for a second. Dagnet was nodding at whatever whoever was telling her.

"Agent Sparrow?" I asked when she dropped the call

"No...its your partner....Andy. They were attacked in the hotel by 4 gunmen,likely to be the same ones you mentioned earlier plus they came in a black jeep too."

"Hope they're all right?" I asked worriedly

"They killed all the attackers but we lost two men"

"Ouch....I'm sorry."

"I'm really sick of whatever game this Emenike, his father and that Lady from earlier, the Fome girl is playing, I'm sick of it!"

"That's not Fome" I said

She shrugged "I don't know, I never saw the Fome in question"

"Whatever game they're playing I don't care...but I'm not going to let my daughter be the ball." I said and accelerated with purpose.

She looked out the window "where are we.....you're going to the club?"

"That's right...Whatever the letters is we need to get it"

"What about the other thing she asked"

I just looked at her. I didn't have any answer.

::::::::::::::::::::
::

Agent Sparrow had a split second to make a decision. He was supposed to stop tailing the kidnapper because the baby's life was in danger. An innocent child....That was what had him stepping on the brake. He had a lot on his conscience already, there was no room for a baby's death.

So he watched the car disappear, fuming at his situation.

:::::::::::::::::::

Bigelow glanced at the navigation system regularly. According to the map, he was 45km away from Serenity Suites. The hotel where agent Bami was waiting for him. He was not really interested in any save the world crap the BROTA agents might be involved in, he just needed revenge. Wether served hot or cold, he just needed it served. And they could help him. He was going hunting for the shadow and he had to make sure he wasn't chasing shadows.

:::::::::::::::::::

"Rex, what are you doing....Rex snap out of it...Rex, Rex...Noooooo!" Bami scrambled back and stumbled he looked at me with panic and fear in his eyes and began crawling backwards.

"I'm sorry, forgive me.....I have to" I said with a cracking voice as tears clogged my throat.

I fired two shots in the left side of his chest. Then I raised the gun slowly. I couldn't stop it....my hand seemed to move on its own accord. I placed the muzzle in my mouth and pulled the trigger.

:::

I jerked awake suddenly and looked around in confusion. The last thing I remember I had been driving, heading to the club rebel. I must have fallen asleep...I was still quite tired...but how? When?

"Welcome back" Dagnet said and I looked to the side and saw her behind the wheel, driving.

"What happened?" I sat up slowly and reached under the seat, searching for the lever that would adjust the seat since it was almost completely horizontal.

"You almost killed us, that's what happened....you fell asleep on the wheel!"

"Jeez...I'm sorry" I couldn't believe it.

"Its alright...I guess you are still tired from the medication they gave you in the hospital."

"How did you..."

"I pressed the break down with my left hand and shifted the gear immediately to Neutral. That reminds me I fear your gear box might be damaged"

"That one is not important....we need to get the letters" I said

"That's the attitude! because we're here"

She parked in front of a plain looking building with neon lights flashing the name 'club Rebel'

I got down from the car, took a deep breath and brought out my desert eagle. There was no time for pretense.

"Is that how you want to play it?" Dagnet asked getting down from the car.

"we may not kill but I'm definitely going to pistol-whip anyone who comes between me and Emenike in there"

"Good enough" Dagnet said and pulled out her revolver.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

Alli no joy sighed in frustration and threw his phone on the back seat. He couldn't reach Rex, the network was very bad. He glanced at Buzz whose eyes were wide open. There was no clothe in his mouth but his lips were still glued together.

"You better hope my grand daughter is in that address or else...."

Buzz swallowed. He had gone through a lot of trauma in the past 24 hours and still the end was nowhere in sight.

:::::::::::::::::::::

Ryan Bigelow arrived at the hotel to find a lot of activity. It was like a circus. There were ambulances, police cars, police trucks, police hilux and all of them had their blue and red flasihng light on.

He parked some distance away and remained in his car. He was suddenly aware that he was armed, the cops may search him or something....

He tried to reach Bami but then the mechanical voice informed him that he had 1 minute remaining.

"hello?"

"Hello, Bami I'm outs-" His credit got extinguished and the line disconnected before he could finish his sentence.

He watched the medics as they carried what had to be bodies in black zipped up bags and loaded them in the van. A medic was squatting outside one of the squad cars, applying some antiseptic in a cotton wool to a nasty looking gash above the eye of the police man

Finally Bigelow highlighted from his car and made his way slowly to the hotel. The eyes settled on him immediately and some of the cops reflexively reached for their weapons.

An officer approached him, making no effort to hide his gun. "What are you doing here? You do not like yourself abi?"

"heey officer, he's with me" A tall man shouted from the hotel entrance. Bigelow didn't really recognize the man but he guessed correctly he was with Bami.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Andy led the man into the hotel. He observed him under the light as they approached the room Bami was in. Andy decided the man looked half crazy, half angry with a mix of sorrow. But he was tough.

In the room, both men {Bami and Bigelow} exchanged pleasantries. They hadn't seen each other since they foiled the terrorist attack on the Niger bridge years ago.

"what happened to you?" Bigelow asked gesturing to the bandage wrapped tightly around Bami's torso.

"Its a long story man....how about you? you don't look alright"

"I just had a face off with the assassin Tonye warned me about...the shadow person"

"Woow! the shadow....you survived?!" Andy was impressed

"Did you kill him?" Bami asked eagerly

"No....my main focus then was staying alive"

"Damn!....anyway you just made history bro....you're the only one to survive an encounter with the real shadow"

"That's not enough...I want to kill him, and I need your help"

::::::::::::::::::::

The bouncers watched us with interest as we approached. Then slowly the interest turned to concern as they noticed the guns. To ensure that they remained in the same spot, we pointed our guns at them and they raised their hands in surrender.

"You!" the female bouncer who had a body like John cena gaped at Dagnet with recognition

"yes me..." Dagnet smiled crudely "how about you frisk me again eh....won't you like to cop a feel?"

Three handcuffs were used for the both of them. We handcuffed one hand each together then handcuffed the other hand to the railings on the side balcony so they were forced to sit down beside each other with one hand raised high above their head. I removed their phones and dumped the gadgets in a nearby dustbin.

"There was a uniformed guard in Emenike's house earlier....its safe to assume that there is also armed resistance here" Dagnet whispered to me as we crept along the corridor.

I nodded, that was smart.

The very first door opened before we could open it and a lady in a nylon gown and nothing else came out. She had a clip board in her hand.
"hello dear patrons...how can I....Oh my GOD!" she shouted when the gun appeared inches away from her face.

"I don't think you are licensed to call his name, not in that dress" Dagnet said harshly.

I was liking the detective more and more. She was excellent in the field, a real plus to the BROTA agency.

But all that was secondary. My primary concern was my daughter. So I wrapped my hands round her neck and pushed her against the door. "Where is Emenike? Take us to him!"

:::::::::::::::::::::::

Olivia flitted in and out of consciousness. The doctor came to check her twice and gave the encouraging news that her vitals were good, and she was showing signs of a good, speedy recovery.
Martha took the news in good faith but she continued keeping vigil at her daughter's side. Praying for her recovery, and praying for her grand daughter's safety.
Kirsten remained quiet in a chair at the other end of the room. She was focused intently on the phone and Martha wondered what could possibly be so important. It wouldn't be more than that insta something. Young people of nowadays.
Kirsten however was lost in the research she had compiled days ago. There was a trail of bread crumbs she was beginning to sense...it was too soon but it looked like a trail to link the dead shadow i.e Kehinde with a location which could also be the real shadow's hideout. However she needed all her concentration. It was very easy to lose track of her train of thought.

Martha said the grace. She was like that. Every prayer point she raised, she must always say the grace or else she would feel the prayer was incomplete. Then she would raise another point and say the grace again. Like that.
Now as she finished saying the grace, she studied the young agent for a while. She was pretty and dedicated. For her to sleep in a car which must have been very comfortable, not to talk of with the driver. That reminded her.

"What of the driver, is he still outside?"

kirsten looked so confused for a moment, then she looked so fustrated like she lost something that Martha wondered what she had done wrong.

"I don't know ma, he should be...we haven't paid him yet"

To be continued

please like,share and comment

46 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Hole In The Wall by switkera(f): 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Wonderful update, keep up with the good work.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by okeyben10: 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
thanks man.

hmmmm v hate mood
amazing pun skills man
cool
no pun intended

liked
shared
commented

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hole In The Wall by phoenixchap: 9:01pm On Jul 11, 2018
NL would never be complete without you souloho...

Emenike is looking good to get served his own pill, I just hope Emenike Jr is spared but he should be left handicap, because these guys don't just want the sleeping dog to lie

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by queenitee(f): 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2018
smiley wink smiley

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by pweetygiftofGod(f): 10:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
Tuale

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by cerowo(f): 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2018
tanks soulohokiss

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Oroolorun(m): 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
What kind of driver would stay with passengers in the face of gun, kidnapping, torturing... from dawn to dusk waiting patiently for when the passengers would feel like paying him, abeg that man na either an agent or a spy.

Ride on Oga Souloho19.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Rapfrick(m): 11:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
Oroolorun:
What kind of driver would stay with passengers in the face of gun, kidnapping, torturing... from dawn to dusk waiting patiently for when the passengers would feel like paying him, abeg that man na either an agent or a spy.
Ride on Oga Souloho19.
sure man

2 Likes

Re: The Hole In The Wall by RegArmani: 1:03am On Jul 12, 2018
This Souloho19 guy is a detective is this update by throwing this wonderful, mind captivating piece to us! God bless u richly bro...Keep it coming my man.

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Ann2012(f): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2018
Thanks Boss Souloho19

I dey hail oooo

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by mekonglobal(m): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
wink Thank you Souloho19 for the mention, pls kindly reach me on dis line 09083485199 let's have friendly convo. I would have loved to reach you via email but mine is inaccessible at the moment.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Hole In The Wall by Evold: 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
I finally caught up with you guys. I commend the writer for the amazing work here. keep it up

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by rchilee: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2018
Great

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by donteanz(m): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
Along The Line While Trying To Capture Everything As It Unfolds In It Literary Sense I Just Can't Help But Accept Him As The "Greatest Of All Time" Souloho19.

GOAT Soul I Twale 4 Your Greatness.

Ehn, Jaa Paa Joor

1 Like

Re: The Hole In The Wall by princessadeola(f): 7:20am On Jul 13, 2018
More Wisdom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100) (Reply)

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms / A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.