Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,816 members, 7,813,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? (7396 Views)

Atheist Richard Dawkins: Getting Rid Of God Would Make World Less Moral / "God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo / 3 Things God Would Tell Someone Who Watches 'game Of Thrones' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Tender1(m): 9:50am On Mar 04, 2018
You're trolling right? You realize that question should be asked by atheists, not Christians. I've covered this question before. My personal answer, no. Even if he proved he existed I would not follow him. His character is a sadistic tyrant. I hate when christians say he would never say that, because he DID many times in the bible. Also, what gives them justification to know what god would and wouldnt do, they admit over and over god is incomprehensible, so how can they even judge he's good in the first place? And to any Christian that would not listen to god if he told them to do something like sacrifice their child, what that does is prove that we do not use god as a moral barometer; that we know on our own that there is a line that even they won't cross, and yet will still foolishly defend it.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Kingsley10000: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

INSTEAD OF SPENDING HIS TIME ON TESTING PEOPLE,

HE SHOULD LOOK INTO ENDING WORLD HUNGER, ERADICATING DISEASES AND RESOLVING CONFLICTS.

HIS PRIORITIES ARE STEADILY MISPLACED.

IT'S EITHER WE'RE SERVING A CLUELESS DEITY, OR HE SIMPLY DOESN'T EXIST.
this thread is for believers not atheists
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Mandrake007(m): 9:53am On Mar 04, 2018
by test you mean can anyone suffer a plight similar to that of job? nobody can because we're all satan's babies we need sin to survive,its like crack on steroids to us it's highly addictive.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hopefulLandlord: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2018
Kingsley10000:
atheist
Yes sir, it says so on my profile wink
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by DavidEsq(m): 10:03am On Mar 04, 2018
By wat means wld God require us to do such big thing different from our sacrificial service to him. Didn't Jesus say in Matthew 16 :24 that "If anyone wants to follow me, let him disown himself and take up his torture stake and keep following me"?
Dis is the standard or benchmark of faithfulness or true worship. It involves daily making choices of service to God in a sacrificial way. From ur job that doesn't honour God, to the type of movies u watch, how u refused to pursue being vindictive to doz who hurt u. How u wld rather be cheated for the sake of the gospel thru ur conduct.
If wat u ar talking about is different from the above, then I fear ur understanding of wat "test" is may be limited to "give ur one month salary to the man of God", which makes OP a sheeple tongue
Besides, James 1:13 say God doesn't test us tongue. OP, awon Omo sheeple
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by devery1(m): 10:19am On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Yahweh is arguably the worst imaginary friend to have

Instead of doing something good with his time like ending suffering he's busy playing bet with the devil. testing his creations

also this imaginary Yahweh is said to be all knowing (omniscient) so I wonder why these deluded Christians see sense in an all knowing entity testing its creations, what nonsense. Humans tests its creations simply because they're not all knowing, we build computer programs and spend huge time debugging and even release updates to remove some bugs after releasing the software and getting feedbacks from customers because we aren't all knowing, what's imaginary Yahweh's excuse for testing its creations?

FREE WILL, IT IS CALLED FREEWILL. HE KNOWS YOU, YET WILL NEVA INTERFERE WITH YOUR DECISIONS.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Pat081: 10:21am On Mar 04, 2018
If is it with money I will nt pass but women 98.9 pass because I dnt ve time 4dem
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by AngelicBeing: 10:29am On Mar 04, 2018
Samsimple:
if God tell me to kill buhari I will not hesitate
Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, chai grin cheesy, Hahaha

Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by shox(m): 10:30am On Mar 04, 2018
Samsimple:
if God tell me to kill buhari I will not hesitate

Pls watch what you say......especially on social media
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 04, 2018
Do you know anybody with a samsung s6 with a dead panel?
I am willing to buy the screen.
My phone number on profile.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Wallade(m): 10:35am On Mar 04, 2018
How do we know?
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hopefulLandlord: 10:44am On Mar 04, 2018
devery1:

FREE WILL, IT IS CALLED FREEWILL. HE KNOWS YOU, YET WILL NEVA INTERFERE WITH YOUR DECISIONS.

Stop shouting, you're not talking to your siblings

So he knows the decisions I'll take yet still tests me?

about interfering, the bible is filled with stories of his interfering with people's lives
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by MayhorE(m): 11:10am On Mar 04, 2018
knight05:
religion is a scam
beware!
then this post is not for you so can you now take your leave?
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by chinos20(m): 11:26am On Mar 04, 2018
69%
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by jamescross: 11:57am On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

So he knows the decisions I'll take yet still tests me?

about interfering, the bible is filled with stories of his interfering with people's lives
is it not funny, some say God is unfair to judge without a trial while some others say God doesn't know all things that is why he puts us on trial. grin

so God puts up a trial to prove to all lesser beings that he is just, cheesy does he have to, nope but he wants to. why? to teach us to trust him.

Ah well we are stubborn to learn ain't we smiley i mean why does a teacher ask me 2+2 if she doesn't know the answer.

i think it's more important that i discover what i need to learn and know.

God called Job just, none could see why, so God used a test to reveal why. God favored Abraham but why, none knew why God chose Abraham till he revealed why.

God rejected Esau, oh none knew why, he is so unfair till he revealed why.

before God proves a thing, he declares it that's why he is GOD.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by walls01: 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Instead of doing something good with his time like ending suffering he's busy playing bet with the devil. testing his creations

also this imaginary Yahweh is said to be all knowing (omniscient) so I wonder why these deluded Christians see sense in an all knowing entity testing its creations, what nonsense. Humans tests its creations simply because they're not all knowing, we build computer programs and spend huge time debugging and even release updates to remove some bugs after releasing the software and getting feedbacks from customers because we aren't all knowing, what's imaginary Yahweh's excuse for testing its creations?

atheist self with their level of thinking.instead of reasoning why humans. behave the way they do and what istheir personal thought about life, they hide their foolishness by misinterpreting other people belief. what have u done to end suffering afterall u are not imaginary
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hopefulLandlord: 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2018
walls01:

atheist self with their level of thinking.instead of reasoning why humans. behave the way they do and what istheir personal thought about life, they hide their foolishness by misinterpreting other people belief. what have u done to end suffering afterall u are not imaginary

I'm doing my part but I'm only human not omnipotent like you said your imaginary friend is, imagine me with omnipotence
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by walls01: 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'm doing my part but I'm only human not omnipotent like you said your imaginary friend is, imagine me with omnipotence

disbelief have done great damage to you. how would you know if my friends are imaginary or how can u tell my personal encounters?
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by orisa37: 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2018
What would you do?
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by MistadeRegal(m): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingJoya:

do you mean that you are likely to fail that kind of test?

I admit Job's test is a test.
Grace it is a man need.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Jochabed(f): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2018
Bism:
you certainly don`t know your scripture. God DON`T TEST ANYONE. Please read your bible and be informed.
GOD test us, but scripture says HE DOES NOT TEMPT!! God can never tempt you.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by brainhgeek(m): 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2018
James 1:13, "......God does not tempt anyone" and if you are being tested/tempted (by whoever) He will not allow us to be tested/tempted beyond our carrying capacity 1 Cor 10:13.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by thedondada(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
ybalogs:
j Hmmm, that was indeed a test of faith.
k

Read this recently and to be honest I wondered why. What was the point of the test if you already knew Abraham would kill Isaac? Why do it? God had nothing to prove or benefit?

Imagine the trauma Isaac went through being tied up and placed on an altar. Jeez.

I wonder how isaac looked at his old man after the test knowing that this man was going to kill you just some hours ago. That would be one wierd trip home.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hupernikao: 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
salvation101:
God does not tempt.. Of course he tests out faith

James 1:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Tempt: Strong Translation
Original: πειράζω
Transliteration: peirazō
Phonetic: pi-rad'-zo
Definition:
to try whether a thing can be done
to attempt, endeavour
to try, make trial of, test: for the purpose of ascertaining his quantity, or what he thinks, or how he will behave himself.

Strong's Definition:
From G3984; to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: - assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt (-er), try.

Tempt and Test are the same as used in that scriptures. We can't be reading our own meaning to what was writing.

GOD DOESNT TEMPT, GOD DOESNT TEST. Take the scriptures as it is being said, that's faith.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hupernikao: 4:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
Jochabed:
GOD test us, but scripture says HE DOES NOT TEMPT!! God can never tempt you.

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Definition:
to attempt, endeavour
to try, make trial of, test: for the purpose of ascertaining his quantity, or what he thinks, or how he will behave himself.

Strong's Definition:
From G3984; to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: - assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt (-er), try.

Tempt and Test are the same as used in that scriptures. We can't be reading our own meaning to what was writing.

GOD DOESNT TEMPT, GOD DOESNT TEST. Take the scriptures as it is being said, that's faith.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
hupernikao:

Definition:
to attempt, endeavour

Strong's Definition:

Wat did God do to Abraham wen he asked him to offer Isaac?
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hupernikao: 4:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
beekayz:
So what was the story of Abraham and Isaac all about?? God told him to sacrifice his only son Isaac and he did with faith but God came around and replaced him with a ram.. Read your bible well and stop saying what you don't know.

Definition:
to attempt, endeavour

Strong's Definition:

Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hupernikao: 4:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mitsurugi:

Its God doesn't TEMPT anyone - see James

Definition:
to attempt, endeavour

Strong's Definition:

Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Freeze007(m): 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingJoya:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders.
Countless times in the Bible, people were put to test. These tests would then influence situations in the Bible. For instance, the shunamite woman who gave prophet Elisha all she had was rewarded at the end. She passed.
Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son. He passed too.
My question now is If God asked you to do something horrible or extraordinary for his sake, would you do it? Or Would you use the excuse that such orders don't come from God?
As a devoted Christian if God should test you now will you pass or fail?

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ Amen even now and forever more Amen

I was asked to go into a building with barbed fence to pray, initially the thought of trespassing came into mind, about passing to ignore the message, it came even stronger that an entrance opened,finishing the prayers people came out and asked how I got in, tried showing them where I got in through but it was sealed. how did it happen, I don't know, only God knows. I bet you, I received the worst beating of my life. The police man almost fractured my joint with batons,thank God it was just pains and nothing more. I was asked to get a massage but I objected to it. I became naturally healed. God is still working in our time. Let thanks and praises be to God in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ Amen, in the Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ Amen Now and forever more Amen
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Honesty007(m): 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

God test us because he wants u to stick to him and not what he created all d time.i am sure if u were a billionaire,u wud forget God in a day.if u serve the society,be a good samaritan and backslide,what testimoney do u hv before God should u be bankrupt?
would u be saved 1st
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hopefulLandlord: 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2018
Honesty007:

God test us because he wants u to stick to him and not what he created all d time.i am sure if u were a billionaire,u wud forget God in a day.if u serve the society,be a good samaritan and backslide,what testimoney do u hv before God should u be bankrupt?
would u be saved 1st

I don't understand what you're saying sir
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hupernikao: 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2018
salvation101:
Wat did God do to Abraham wen he asked him to offer Isaac?

You first have to believe the scriptures as it is. James 1:13 is an epistle and is as clear in thought as ABC. God doesn't test/tempt any man. That is the stand of the scriptures. Abraham issues you pointed to was an historical event of which the correctness of its interpretation rely on clear teachings (not events) of the scriptures. James 1:13 is not an event or personal experience, it's an epistle, scriptural teaching on which all experiences and events are proven.

You must take the apostolic teachings (epistles) at face value (no double interpretation) of its context, and no twisting to justify events in the OT.

James gave you what causes temptation in verses that follows.

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

13- No one should say he's tempted of God, God tempt NO MAN (including Abraham)

14- Every man is tempted through his OWN lust (that leave the cause of temptation to man's choice)

16- Don't fall into error (this type here of misinterpretation of who God is)

17- This is our God
- Giver (not tempter or tester) John 3:16, Rom 8:32
- Gives good gift (good means good), not temptation of test. He freely gives (Charis) Rom 8:32, even to the unjust Matt 5:45
- Father of light implies no darkness in him.
- No variables nor cast shadow, He doesn't change. If the scriptures says he doesn't tempt or test, it means he has never done so before and will never do so. His light doesn't cast shadows. His gift doesn't come by conditions or by testing. It's men that changes, God doesn't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asiri Nla Loju Ona Sufi / Get Daily Prayer Point & Pray With Pastor Chris Every Mon, Wed & Fri On Twitter / Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.