Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,687 members, 7,813,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? (7395 Views)

Atheist Richard Dawkins: Getting Rid Of God Would Make World Less Moral / "God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo / 3 Things God Would Tell Someone Who Watches 'game Of Thrones' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2018
hupernikao:

You first have to believe the scriptures as it is. James 1:13 is an epistle and is as clear in thought as ABC. God doesn't test/tempt any man. That is the stand of the scriptures. Abraham issues you pointed to was an historical event of which the correctness of its interpretation rely on clear teachings (not events) of the scriptures. James 1:13 is not an event or personal experience, it's an epistle, scriptural teaching on which all experiences and events are proven.

You must take the apostolic teachings (epistles) at face value (no double interpretation) of its context, and no twisting to justify events in the OT.

James gave you what causes temptation in verses that follows.

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

13- No one should say he's tempted of God, God tempt NO MAN (including Abraham)

14- Every man is tempted through his OWN lust (that leave the cause of temptation to man's choice)

16- Don't fall into error (this type here of misinterpretation of who God is)

17- This is our God
- Giver (not tempter or tester) John 3:16, Rom 8:32
- Gives good gift (good means good), not temptation of test. He freely gives (Charis) Rom 8:32, even to the unjust Matt 5:45
- Father of light implies no darkness in him.
- No variables nor cast shadow, He doesn't change. If the scriptures says he doesn't tempt or test, it means he has never done so before and will never do so. His light doesn't cast shadows. His gift doesn't come by conditions or by testing. It's men that changes, God doesn't.

the foundation of heresy is being dogmatic with just a portion of scripture. Scripture interprets scripture.

Wat u do not realize is that there is a great difference between temptation and test. D goal of temptation is to defeat you, just like wat happened in d garden of eden and happened to Jesus after his 40 days period of fasting and prayer. The purpose of test is to try you if you are sincere, learning and growing. Ur faith will be tested, your love will be tested by God. Its just like an examination.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Justicealh3(m): 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
kingJoya:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders.
Countless times in the Bible, people were put to test. These tests would then influence situations in the Bible. For instance, the shunamite woman who gave prophet Elisha all she had was rewarded at the end. She passed.
Abraham was asked to sacrifice his son. He passed too.
My question now is If God asked you to do something horrible or extraordinary for his sake, would you do it? Or Would you use the excus e that such orders don't come from God?
As a devoted Christian if God should test you now will you pass or fail?
Did GOD" himself ask Prophet IB to slaughter his son
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by hupernikao: 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2018
salvation101:
the foundation of heresy is being dogmatic with just a portion of scripture. Scripture interprets scripture.

Wat u do not realize is that there is a great difference between temptation and test. D goal of temptation is to defeat you, just like wat happened in d garden of eden and happened to Jesus after his 40 days period of fasting and prayer. The purpose of test is to try you if you are sincere, learning and growing. Ur faith will be tested, your love will be tested by God. Its just like an examination.

I gave you the original meaning, thought and word usage for temptation/test as used in James 1:13. You still insist that they are different words and meaning.

Should I believe you or the Bible usage of the word? Judge that yourself. You are trying to define and present a meaning to a word which you have clear meaning from the original thought. Who is threading on heresy then.

I have also shown you via some scriptures why James can't say A and another will say B (God and his word don't change). God setting exams for you? We have plethora of scriptures in who and where temptation and test comes from and James said it in the simplest term yet you still argue.

Note that a scripture cannot mean today what it never meant when it was written (that's it's integrity). Until you believe the word of God as written in James epistles (1:13) you will continue in such knowledge of God test Abraham, God is testing you. Faith is to take God's word as it is.
Re: If You Are Tested By God, Would You Pass Or Fail? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2018
hupernikao:

I gave you the original meaning, thought and word usage for temptation/test as used in James 1:13. You still insist that they are different words and meaning.

Should I believe you or the Bible usage of the word? Judge that yourself. You are trying to define and present a meaning to a word which you have clear meaning from the original thought. Who is threading on heresy then.

I have also shown you via some scriptures why James can't say A and another will say B (God and his word don't change). God setting exams for you? We have plethora of scriptures in who and where temptation and test comes from and James said it in the simplest term yet you still argue.

Note that a scripture cannot mean today what it never meant when it was written (that's it's integrity). Until you believe the word of God as written in James epistles (1:13) you will continue in such knowledge of God test Abraham, God is testing you. Faith is to take God's word as it is.

ok. Since u are gonna stick with ur James, is Genesis 22:1 in your bible? How does it read please...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives / Asiri Nla Loju Ona Sufi / Get Daily Prayer Point & Pray With Pastor Chris Every Mon, Wed & Fri On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.