Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial (61406 Views)

Video Of A Curvy Lady Dancing In Church During Praise & Worship Goes Viral / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / "Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by oPPOSEE: 9:49am On Mar 04, 2018
Nwanza rijuo afo, o chere chi ya aka mgba.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 04, 2018
No security again in the country
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by adecz: 9:57am On Mar 04, 2018
shocked
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by shallysgirl: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:
Igboland = jungle
yorubaland=caliphate slave camp

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by zingobaby: 9:59am On Mar 04, 2018
if this is true,no more APC again in IMO state

5 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by blessingsonflee(f): 10:04am On Mar 04, 2018
Dead men walking! embarassed
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Gloria4(f): 10:05am On Mar 04, 2018
can you imaginediscretion in the house of God??God save us
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by delivryboy: 10:05am On Mar 04, 2018
Bad
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by wawale(m): 10:05am On Mar 04, 2018
crazysaint:
Voting apc into power is the worst mistake we have ever done.

This nonsense can never repeat itself again. If any idiot under apc, has it in mind for re-election or contesting, he/she will run mad till election is over, before sanity returned!

Can you imagine those miscreants take their attacked to church.

God will definitely deal with them.

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM.

Okorocha and co are digging their grave!
This has nothing to do with APC even d former governor was voted out because he disrespected rev father.
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by 8stargeneral: 10:06am On Mar 04, 2018
Okorocha don shit for church shocked
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by kn23h(m): 10:08am On Mar 04, 2018
Loooool see how Kanu left the SE grin
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by BeijinDossier: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2018
cheesy

I dey come. cheesy
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 04, 2018
sdindan:
Rochas is doomed.

80% of Imolites are Catholics.

Let's see how it goes.
Forget story

OSU people no dey think

Share 1k and ankara now, they'll start singing his praises and will still massively vote for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Abogwara: 10:12am On Mar 04, 2018
Well nothing of such happened. Bloggers and their stories all in a bid to paint Uche Nwosu black. The Arch Bishop openly rained abuses on Uche Nwosu and Rochas after which he gave mic to a PDP youth to rain more abuses which infuriated the village youths. The video shows nothing meaningful.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by dirtyhokage(m): 10:12am On Mar 04, 2018
loveth360:
Okorohausa has bring dirty politics the west play down to east.

Umu Igbo is time to deal with okoro okoro.

How can you guys know what politics is when a looser told you guys that ur whole race is jewish and you guys believed him and started kissing his leg lool

Point* how can you result to dirty politics when you can deceive them that easily....

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:13am On Mar 04, 2018
It's Official; OKOROCHA IS MAD
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by olusola200: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2018
Political priest is the causes

If u have advice why don't u go to the state house

Uzobulu case it still fresh

The priest brain need to be reset

Tell him to concentrate on Bible teachings
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by talk2emma: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2018
Rip APC in IMO state

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by MrRichy(m): 10:16am On Mar 04, 2018
I can't even type Okorocha without my auto-correct changing it to cockroaches ���

6 Likes

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Abogwara: 10:16am On Mar 04, 2018
BoneBlogger:
There was pandemonium yesterday at St. Micheals Catholic Church, Ngwoma, Owerri North LGA of Imo State during the burial of Late Mrs Mbata, mother of the Pro-Chancellor of Imo State University, Owerri, Chief Alex Mbata.

According to multiple reports, the Leadership of Ugwumba Movement, a political structure campaigning for the 2019 Governorship ambition of Imo State Governor's Son-in-law, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu led by Mr Jeff Nwaoha, Chairman Imo State ENTRACO yesterday reportedly attacked a popular Catholic Archbishop, AJV Obinna during the church event.

Reports have it that the Archbishop AJV Obinna escaped the attack with the help of Catholic Priests, Knights of the Catholic Church and Christian fathers, who barricaded and shielded the Archbishop from being beating up, after rain of abuse and insults to the Archbishop by the alleged attacker.

The Chief mourner, Sir Alex Mbata, the Pro-Chancellor of Imo State University was shocked watching Imo State Chief of Staff, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu and the wife of the governor, Nneoma Nkechi Rochas Okorocha seating in church front row watching their supporters abuse the most revered Catholic Archbishop, desecrating both the alter of God and the dead body of his late mother without calling them to order, according to a report by IfeanyiCy Njoku.

According to IfeanyiCy Njoku, the problem allegedly started when the Catholic Archdiocese, during commendation service admonished people to go out and get their permanent Voters Card (PVC) and vote wisely in the 2019 general election. He complained about bad roads in the state insisting that despite the ministry of happiness Imolites cannot be happy with bad road. An APC chieftain reportedly took microphone from him to defend the government. A PDP follower also came and called for change from APC misrule.

It was at that point Jeff and his thugs rushed to the alter to take the microphone from the Archbishop who withdrew to his seat and priests and Christian fathers struggled to keep them out. Uche Nwosu and Nkechi Okorocha sat there watching the spectacle without stopping Jeff as Jeff pointed at Archbishop in the face and rained insults on him as the service went on.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/03/catholic-archbishop-ajv-obinna-attacked-during-church-service-in-imo.html

Watch Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA8g9njyKwI

You reported PDP lies instead of what truly transpired. The villagers are now equal to APC members in your shallow thinking. The youths were angry that instead of the Bishop facing the burial they were there for he started playing politics which is sacrilegious in their tradition.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by OAFMods: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2018
Gossiplover:
what do you think happened in the video. The video was recorded after the archbishop was insulted which led to the chaos in the church. Can't u see how the church was very rowdy which is not suppose t be so. Maybe you were expecting the see the exact moment the archbishop was attacked as if the person recording the video knew what was going to happen.

How do we know this is not another lie from PDP considering the fact that Jonathan Ebele shamelessly lied on national TV that stealing of Nigeria’s national wealth is not corruption or are we just to take your words for it because you are the next Jesus ?

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by ugolinze123(m): 10:17am On Mar 04, 2018
shame indeed...i foresee what happened in 2011 repeating its self....please get your pvc
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 04, 2018
crazysaint:
Voting apc into power is the worst mistake we have ever done.

This nonsense can never repeat itself again. If any idiot under apc, has it in mind for re-election or contesting, he/she will run mad till election is over, before sanity returned!

Can you imagine those miscreants take their attacked to church.

God will definitely deal with them.

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM.

Okorocha and co are digging their grave!

Apc is just not the prob rather the current crop of selfish politicians
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by NosoChic: 10:18am On Mar 04, 2018
Like Ohakim, Like Okorocha

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Imo1stson: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2018
OAFMods:

How do we know this is not another lie from PDP considering the fact that Jonathan Ebele shamelessly lied on national TV that stealing of Nigeria’s national wealth is not corruption or are we just to take your words for it because you are the next Jesus ?

The village youths booed him and that was all. No physical altercations.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 04, 2018
Shameless thugs. Of all places to display political rascality, they took it to the church.

Not surprised though.. Drug Lords settle their scores right in the church by mowing down hapless worshippers. In another show of shame, they pooh poohed the Pope's directives concerning the Archbishop Opaleke's case.

At the risk of sounding clannish and ethnocentric, the value system of the Igbos is really warped and I say so with the highest sense of respect to them and not to disrespect. All decorum is thrown to the dogs in pursuit of stomach agenda. A lot of value reorientation is required to tame these excesses.

The wife of the Governor has security details attached to her. They should have ensured that the situation doesn't escalate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Imo1stson: 10:21am On Mar 04, 2018
ugolinze123:
shame indeed...i foresee what happened in 2011 repeating its self....please get your pvc

APC is retaining Imo full time and no usu can cough.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by achiever12: 10:21am On Mar 04, 2018
Udopasa:
I will never support the candidacy of Uche Nwosu. But, truth be told, there's nothing in the video that suggests the Arch bishop was being attacked or assaulted. If anybody wants to carry out a political propaganda, the person should take his/her time to plan plan and execute it other than insulting our sensibilities.

I guess the video was recorded after the attack. Some bloggers are too stupid to know that not all videos can be attached to a story
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Udopasa: 10:22am On Mar 04, 2018
Gossiplover:
what do you think happened in the video. The video was recorded after the archbishop was insulted which led to the chaos in the church. Can't u see how the church was very rowdy which is not suppose t be so. Maybe you were expecting the see the exact moment the archbishop was attacked as if the person recording the video knew what was going to happen.
Do not be deceived my brother. In such a high profile burial mass that have the wife of the Governor; the chief of staff and other top government functionaries in attendance with the arch bishop officiating, Assumpta press - media wing of the catholic Arch diocese of Owerri will be there live to cover it amongst other media organisations. Except you wanna tell me their video cameras "miraculously" shut down while the Bishop was being assaulted. Dalu

cc: achiever12

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 04, 2018
shocked, this people are crazy, politics have entered the church.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by ebuka440: 10:24am On Mar 04, 2018
By beating the Catholic Bishop, he has brought condemnation upon himself and his entire generation. APC government has disappointed Nigerians and Rochas Okoroji has done nothing for imo state.
Sorry for the wife of the governor and those that kept quiet when the assult was taking place
Re: Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:24am On Mar 04, 2018
I don't know where I kept my PVC , probably maybe i have broke it into two, but due to this madness from okoroawusa I will look for super glue to glued them together, better still I have photocopy of the PVC... I must vote the dullard and his cronies out

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye As A Mathematics Lecturer In Unilorin (pics) / Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.