Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) (61427 Views)

TB Joshua's Funeral Details Released By Synagogue Church (Photo) / Ibidun Ighodalo Funeral Service In Pictures / Pastor Adeboye: 'You Will Attend The Funeral Of Those That Want You Dead" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Fira09(m): 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzfFlm3lrm8
Hundreds of people attended the tearful funeral of a crocodile believed to have been divine and survived for decades on a vegetarian diet at a Hindu temple in India.

The funeral was done on Monday.

Babia guarded the much-revered Sri Ananthapadmanabha Swamy temple in the southern state of Kerala, lurking in the surrounding lake for nearly 80 years, the temple's secretary Ramachandran Bhat said.

The revered reptile was found floating lifeless in the lake early on Monday after reportedly being off its food for several days.

The temple in Kasaragod dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu is 3,000 years old, and has been protected for centuries by a lone "divine" crocodile, Bhat told AFP.

"The last divine crocodile was shot dead by the British military sometime in 1940 and after that Babia appeared in the lake," Bhat said.

"We can't say where it came from, but the lake is connected to caves underneath," Bhat said.

Babia was considered holy because it was thought never to have attacked another animal or any human – including children who were brought to the lake's edge to touch the reptile to gain its blessings.

Many believed it survived on 'prasadam', sacred helpings of rice and jaggery blessed and sanctified by the temple priests, but Bhat said he did not stand by the claim "because there are fish in the lake".

The scaly corpse was adorned with flowers and blessed before being carried through the crowd of mourners on a coconut leaf bed placed on a litter and then buried on the temple compound.

India's minister for agriculture and farmers' welfare Shobha Karandlaje, reasserting that it had a meat-free diet, said in a tweet that "the God's own crocodile" has attained salvation

SOURCE

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Corridon: 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2022
I commend the Indians for not being hypocritical to what they believe in. If it works for them then who are you to judge. The Chinese and Japanese accepted western civilization but rejected their religion and stuck to their own mode of worship and today they are better off with it. Africans accepted western religion and rejected civilization and today they are the greatest loosers amongst all.

500 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by soliddust2020: 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
This people self from monkeys to king cobra to cows to crocodile, na wa oh. I fear who no fear these Indians

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2022
Indians are very weird people just like peter obi supporters.

87 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by thorpido(m): 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2022
These people sef.

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by WibusJaga: 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by FaceTanke: 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2022
Indians and juju

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Machinegun91(m): 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2022
No wonder, they like raping.

5 Likes

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Urheadmaster(m): 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2022
Rozross:

You are a Bush man tongue

210 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Zonefree(m): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Something wey dem suppose use arrange better soup undecided

The real crocodile tears cheesy

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by DaddyRochie1642: 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Rozross:

Oga to slap you dey hungry me

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by lhordspy: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2022
Different strokes for different folks

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2022
Rozross:

Coming from someone with pussssy wider than third mainland bridge. grin

If you weren’t that weird it would have still being in a good shape. I really pity the simp that will end up with an overused goods. grin

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by terrezo2002(m): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Indians can worship anything

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by terrezo2002(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
Corridon:
I commend the Indians for not being hypocritical to what they believe in. If it works for them then who are you to judge. The Chinese and Japanese accepted western civilization but rejected their religion and stuck to their own mode of worship and today they are better off with it. Africans accepted western religion and rejected civilization and today they are the greatest loosers amongst all.
So what you are insinuating is that accepting of the religion is what made Africans backward.
Or was the African continents better off before the whites came?
Or the African tradition is better than the religion of the whites?
Please clarify

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by general111(m): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
Rozross:
grin grin grin grin as a peter obi supporter, this is very funny

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by klonboi: 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2022
Britain Even killed one sef, now they're pretending to be animal conservatives.

14 Likes

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2022
grin grin. Chaiii see the kind food which people they cry for. Me wey be say lizard I dey chop never reach me. I go kan see this type of crocodile He go pieces for my pot.

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by klonboi: 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2022
Corridon:

My brother anything you worship aside God who created the heavens and the earth is an idol. Don't be deceived as God still has his servants (very powerful ones at that) in both India and Japan today.

Please keep that civilizations one side as the only reason the black man lost it is because of idol worship.

But God will still reestablish his himself with the black man but before that there must be a cleansing.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by CEOKmotors: 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2022
If na cow or elephant kon die nkor grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by blaquebelle: 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
Who forgot to feed the Holy Croc? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Streett: 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2022
Only if they knew how badly the crocodile would have proudly snacked on any of them if it were alive ….

Mumu thing

6 Likes

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2022
Everybody grin

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2022
Can only be India
Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
I bless God that our iberiberism never reach like this for here

1 Like

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Mko123(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
Nigerians now are in dire need to slap all the burial attendees

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by McOluOmo: 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
Their gods u mean?

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Iliveforever(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
If I use this mouth swear for this people ehh

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by Jahzrockballer(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
This crocodile better pass bbuhari

5 Likes

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by sofeo(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
Nice one, the crocodile must have been nice to the community and a deity as well.

3 Likes

Re: Tears As Hundreds Of People Attend Funeral Of Crocodile In India (pictures) by exstreve: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2022
Better than obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / Adeboye: I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria / Pastor Adeboye's Photos By TY Bello. Looks Dapper In These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.