Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

I Am Planning For A Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Planning For A Divorce (2682 Views)

Chike Eze Threatens To Kill His Wife Racheal If Court Doesn't Give Him A Divorce / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Planning For A Divorce by Galantpro: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
I greet you my people. I am fed up with my wife and I have tried all possible way to make it work but is as if the situation vis getting worse.
All other parties have been involved to counsel the party but not worked.
pls I need a process to file for a divorce and I need a lawyer advice.
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by STARGREEN(m): 1:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hmm.Matthew 19:
JESUS TEACHES ABOUT DIVORCE
3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”
4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.
@OP, as you can see the bolded. Count me out. Secondly you were too economical with the issue as it seem hard to ascertain what went wrong.
Moreover, you never invited us for the weeding, now you are seeking our comments on how to separate? Be careful.
Lastly, I always believe that there’s no issue in marriage that cannot be resolved with time and patience.
I had (have) gone for the ceremonies of people celebrating 50years of marriage, and one thing (comment) that ‘is’ common on them …..Patient, tolerance and love.
Believe you mean, before their golden jubilees, perhaps they had such challenge as yours or maybe bigger, yet….they endured. Trust me, you can overcome.
I will be glad to assist in planning your Golden Jubilee than to plan the process of your divorce.
Au revior.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by PSTEMMA1960(m): 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
Galantpro:
I greet you my people. I am fed up with my wife and I have tried all possible way to make it work but is as if the situation vis getting worse.
u don't jst decide for a divorce over night, my advice 2u is to take a break and think about what u intend doing..

did u nt friend the lady b4 marrying her?i believe u did, u saw all those signs bt choose to ignore them..

marriage if full of different challenges, even if u chose to marry another lady tomorrow, she will still have her own bad side..

once again, take ur time and think about it, don't make any decision when u are angry or over excited..

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Uyi168: 1:49pm On Mar 04, 2018
Those that are married are lamenting and wanna get out..while the singles wanna get in...

5 Likes

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by CAPSLOCKED: 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
Uyi168:
Those that are married are lamenting and wanna get out..while the singles wanna get in...

LOL,
IRONY OF LIFE FOR YOU.

I THINK THAT'S JUST WHAT HAPPENED WHEN PEOPLE DIVE INTO MARRIAGE BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN DECEIVED THEY NEED IT BY ALL MEANS.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by eneojoedu(m): 2:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
even tho we don't know the situation of your marriage, the attitude of you and your wife, the problem,and the efforts made to make things work. but before you finally give up, try to stand up, look up to God and give another best shot at saving your marriage... if possible go on a break(vacation) even if its for a week, relax, read books, think things through and pray hard. there is possible in impossible. God help you

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Galantpro: 2:08pm On Mar 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
u don't jst decide for a divorce over night, my advice 2u is to take a break and think about what u intend doing..

did u nt friend the lady b4 marrying her?i believe u did, u saw all those signs bt choose to ignore them..

marriage if full of different challenges, even if u chose to marry another lady tomorrow, she will still have her own bad side..

once again, take ur time and think about it, don't make any decision when u are angry or over excited..
Thanks very much. I just don't decide now. I have been patient enough and is like my patience has turned to foolishness. Over over 2yrs now, thinking she will change but still the same. I involved pastor to talk to her but still with the problem. before it turn bloody I just get to move away. It is long story people will not understand.
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Galantpro: 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Now i know is golden to have a good wife. The worst thing that can happen to a man is to have an evil wife.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by PSTEMMA1960(m): 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
Galantpro:
Thanks very much. I just don't decide now. I have been patient enough and is like my patience has turned to foolishness. Over over 2yrs now, thinking she will change but still the same. I involved pastor to talk to her but still with the problem. before it turn bloody I just get to move away. It is long story people will not understand.
my question, do u have any lady u intend marrying soon?if the answer is no, then u can take a break without divorcing her..
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Crankshaft: 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
Galantpro:

Matthew 5:31-32
31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Malachi 2:16
16 “The man who hates and divorces his wife,” says the LORD, the God of Israel, “does violence to the one he should protect,” says the LORD Almighty. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful.

Matthew 19:8-9
8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

1 corinthians7:10-11
10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

My brother, you must not divorce your wife, except for sexual immorality. If for anything else you divorce your wife, you must not marry nor have affair with another woman. Don't be in a haste. Think before you act.

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Uyi168: 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL,
IRONY OF LIFE FOR YOU.

I THINK THAT'S JUST WHAT HAPPENED WHEN PEOPLE DIVE INTO MARRIAGE BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN DECEIVED THEY NEED IT BY ALL MEANS.
..True talk..
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Galantpro: 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
my question, do u have any lady u intend marrying soon?if the answer is no, then u can take a break without divorcing her..
hmm another woman for where. The one that hook me for neck still dey there.
I see a wife being a church goer doesn't mean she will be a good wife. I wonder what our pastors preach now.

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by AntiWailer: 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2018
Galantpro:

Just take a break first.

Leave the house and make sure u still send up keep for a while.

If she no send u after 6 months to 1 year then it is over.
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Galantpro: 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
AntiWailer:

Just take a break first.

Leave the house and make surdoese u still send up keep for a while.

If she no send u after 6 months to 1 year then it is over.
My kids is what am considering. The irony part is when a wife does are evil, no one will hear but wen the man start his own, the whole world will hear and will start condemning the man. This is a very serious issue in me now.

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by AntiWailer: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
Galantpro:
My kids is what am considering. The irony part is when a wife does are evil, no one will hear but wen the man start his own, the whole world will hear and will start condemning the man. This is a very serious issue in me now.

I understand Bro.

Please for the sake of the kids. Take a break first and dnt run from your responsibilities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by dingbang(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
Galantpro:
I see a wife being a church goer doesn't mean she will be a good wife. I wonder what our pastors preach now.
ok u saying you married a church goer kind of wife but she gives you hell right?
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Galantpro: 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
Only God knows when last I have heard marriage topic in church. All what they preach now is heaven and hell as if satan is the creator of earth.
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Oyindidi(f): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2018
Judging from your write up, you don't seem to me as a serious husband.
Sorry oga, you just said nothing

2 Likes

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Galantpro: 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2018
Oyindidi:
Judging from your write up, you don't seem to me as a serious husband.
Sorry oga, you just said nothing
your post can't surprise me because you are a woman as well. women are always in support of their fellow women especially when they are single.

.you can only understand this situation when your son is in the same situation like me.
And u don't expect me to come here to spill all what happened me and my wife but to hear different option from people concerning what am facing.
For your information am not a trouble maker man that is why I'm surprise about how my wife is acting.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2018
Galantpro:
your post can't surprise me because you are a woman as well. women are always in support of their fellow women especially when they are single.

.you can only understand this situation when your son is in the same situation like me.
And u don't expect me to come here to spill all what happened me and my wife but to hear different option from people concerning what am facing.
For your information am not a trouble maker man that is why I'm surprise about how my wife is acting.

OP, with all due respect, she is right. You didn't say much; the foundation, subsequent events and how you both got to this point.

The only thing I have been able to pick so far is that you married a church going wife who turned out bad. That's very possible, lots of them are in the church, looking for one innocent christian brother to tie down. Pastors don't even help matters with their hookups and prophesy.

Since you can't spill it all here, take a break from both NL and your wife. Put your house in order without third party interference.
You'll be glad you did.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Oyindidi(f): 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
Galantpro:

This is my eleventh year in marriage. You don't just come up and say you want to divorce. Even in court you have to give some reasons why you want to separate. I'm not a wicked wife so my son can never marry one. Give reasons let's see if it can work

2 Likes

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Oyindidi(f): 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2018
AntiBrutus:

OP, with all due respect, she is right. You didn't say much; the foundation, subsequent events and how you both got to this point.

The only thing I have been able to pick so far is that you married a church going wife who turned out bad. That's very possible, lots of them are in the church, looking for one innocent christian brother to tie down. Pastors don't even help matters with their hookups and prophesy.

Since you can't spill it all here, take a break from both NL and your wife. Put your house in order without third party interference.
You'll be glad you did.
I love you Poco, saying it as it is
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
Go to the registry you married and tell them you want a Non Appearance divorce for your wife. It only cost 25k. And they will send her a Divorce Certificate

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2018
Galantpro:

am in ur shoes bro. these karashikas of this generation are something else. i am also seeking divorce too
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Julivas(m): 2:10am On Mar 05, 2018
God hates divorce, please if you can work around it the more and make the marriage works, it will be appreciated for the sake of the children and eternity.
God will help you.
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 05, 2018
Julivas:
God hates divorce, please if you can work around it the more and make the marriage works, it will be appreciated for the sake of the children and eternity.
God will help you.

Religious blackmail. God hates divorce doesnt mean all divorcees will end up in hell. It was not listed in the 10 commandments
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Julivas(m): 11:47am On Mar 05, 2018
Pipedreams:

Religious blackmail. God hates divorce doesnt mean all divorcees will end up in hell. It was not listed in the 10 commandments

That God hates divorce doesn't mean divorcees will go to hell, don't get me wrong. Think about the children involved in the union, and co . I'm not in support of staying in an abusive union, but if things can be done to avoid it, so let it be.
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Joislim(f): 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
Pipedreams:

Didn't you guys court before getting married? You guys should tell us what went wrong

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by nicerod(m): 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
[/color][color=#770077][color=#006600][/color]

She needs deliverance send her to my house I will take care of her for some time
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by ImaIma1(f): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL,
IRONY OF LIFE FOR YOU.

Especially when people keep telling them "go and marry" as if it is their business.

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by femidejulius(m): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2018
Crankshaft:

My brother, you must not divorce your wife, except for sexual immorality

Humour me sir.

What should a woman do if her husband beats her till she has permanent injury and continues to beat her on almost a daily basis? She shouldn't leave the marriage till she dies? She should leave but remain unmarried even though she needs sexual satisfaction?

What of when a violent husband who is always annoyed one day kills his child and goes to jail? The wife should remain unmarried till the end of time because this doesn't fall under sexual immorality, right? The wife should remain faithful to her husband, right?A greedy husband who married a wealthy wife sell all his wife's property including the house they both lived and travel to Canada. Getting there, he started a new life, enjoying his loot while the wife here is homeless, completely broke, without property etc etc.A nice man approaches the wife here. What should she do? Remain faithful to the run away husband and continue to wait for his return even if he doesn't return after 30 years?

I await your response.
Re: I Am Planning For A Divorce by Galantpro: 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2018
Pipedreams:

am in ur shoes bro. these karashikas of this generation are something else. i am also seeking divorce too
He who that in the same shoe will understand me and the situation better.
I repeat it, if devil want to destroy you, he will send u a bad wife. That is one of the reasons I don't just conclude when I read story about husband beating his wife. I don't support it but something triggers a reaction expecially when a man can no longer manage his temper.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? / Why Do You men Reprimand Your Wives When They Maltreat Your House Maids? / Guys: What Particular Chores/ Activity Do You Hate Doing Around The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.