Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,881 members, 7,838,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (293207 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2020
And it's high time that Andrade should be beaten... I think crews will end his reign when they meet grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:39pm On May 19, 2020
Debroslink:
King Corbin is the man, and Seth Rollins is a god of wrestling. I mean from being an Architect, to a Kingslayer, then beast slayer and now the Monday night messiah... Dude changes his personality every time and I love that.

Even though I didn't really enjoy his beast slayer and king slayer gimmick I agree with you 100% dude is arguably the best in the business alongside AJ and Bryan

This Monday night Messiah gimmick is my best soofar

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:42pm On May 19, 2020
dumininu01:
Yeah dahs true grin... Corbin na one proud werey cheesy cheesy... The shield defeated them at fastlane then

Yea...where have you been bro...welcome to the thread..you have good memory cheesy

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:43pm On May 19, 2020
dumininu01:
And it's high time that Andrade should be beaten... I think crews will end his reign when they meet grin

All signs are pointing towards Crews beating him and winning his first title in WWE

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 5:56pm On May 19, 2020
Una just dey mentione me anyhow grin

Make person do giveaway na grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:00pm On May 19, 2020
Corbin:
Una just dey mentione me anyhow grin

Make person do giveaway na grin

This man is from Twitter grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 6:10pm On May 19, 2020
pu7pl3:

All signs are pointing towards Crews beating him and winning his first title in WWE
He deserves it tho
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dumininu01(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2020
pu7pl3:

Yea...where have you been bro...welcome to the thread..you have good memory cheesy
grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 6:25pm On May 19, 2020
pu7pl3:

This man is from Twitter grin
lol baba show love
I go appreciate
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:40pm On May 19, 2020
dumininu01:
He deserves it tho

Absolutely
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:41pm On May 19, 2020
Corbin:
lol baba show love
I go appreciate

You no get joy o grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 10:43pm On May 19, 2020
pu7pl3:

You no get joy o grin
every where red o
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 10:44pm On May 19, 2020
grin[quote][/quote]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 11:50pm On May 19, 2020
Lashley finally!!

This brewing feud involving McIntyre, Corbin and now Lashley will be lit if maintained. Nice match by McIntyre and Corbin by the way.

The iconics lost their title shot, street profits pretended suck at axe throwing, a lady cop thinks that Ivar is cute, Charlotte beat Riot, Carrillo lost in quick time, Lana was screaming our ears out, Shayna beat Natalya(again) and Apollo Crews beat Garza and Andrade with the help of the returning Kevin owens.

After a beat down by the Mexican cabal, Austin Theory received the gospel according to Seth.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Corbin: 12:04am On May 20, 2020
100naira:
Lashley finally!!

This brewing feud involving McIntyre, Corbin and now Lashley will be lit if maintained. Nice match by McIntyre and Corbin by the way.

The iconics lost their title shot, street profits pretended suck at axe throwing, a lady cop thinks that Ivar is cute, Charlotte beat Riot, Carrillo lost in quick time, Lana was screaming our ears out, Shayna beat Natalya(again) and Apollo Crews beat Garza and Andrade with the help of the returning Kevin owens.

After a beat down by the Mexican cabal, Austin Theory received the gospel of according to Seth.
hmm 100naira
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:32am On May 20, 2020
Corbin:
every where red o

God dey...just binge the best of Corbin a d see why we love him and get your mind off the redness
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:32pm On May 20, 2020
Can't believe OG John Cena followed my account again after the previous ones got suspended cry cry

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:01pm On May 21, 2020
So I decided to stop arguing about movies and comic book characters and take my time on this NXT review today, who knows it might become a regular thing too like Raw and Smackdown cheesy

Not surprising:-
The end of the main event is probably something you predicted.
It’s very possible you guessed that Charlotte Flair would interfere in the match between Io Shirai and Rhea Ripley to leave it a no contest that would result in a triple threat match for the title.
And that’s what happened. Well not the triple threat part. They haven’t announced anything like that yet. But the smart money is they will.
Predictable isn’t always bad though. So was this a good predictable or eye roll predictable?

First the match.
Io Shirai and Rhea Ripley had a great bout together. The chemistry was certainly there as they told the story of Rhea’s size and raw power against Io’s tenacity and experience. They told that story well as both women found advantages in their individual strengths. It’s a match that we didn’t get an end to, but we need to at one point.
That’s when Charlotte came down “just to observe,” but of course something was going to go wrong.
And go wrong it did. Io huricanrana’d Rhea into Charlotte. So when the Queen came to, she delivered a big boot to Shirai. It made sense, but it’s a trope we’ve seen plenty and didn’t do much to assuage the disappointment of a predictable non-finish.
But that was only the last minute or two of the night. The match prior was very good and the upcoming triple threat will probably be very good as well.

Cut from the same cloth:-
Tommaso Ciampa finally confronted Karrion Kross(thank God cheesy I missed this man tbh), the first we’ve seen the man since Kross attacked him from behind.
Ciampa didn’t rush the ring to try to fight his assailant. He calmly walked to the ring and welcomed the newcomer to NXT, putting him over in the process. Because he didn’t need to do anything rash. Tommaso is very confident in who he is and doesn’t fear a man like Kross.
That makes sense. They’re both cut from the same cloth. Sure, the Sicilian Psychopath is a good guy now. But at his (black) heart, he’s a villain. He rose to the top by being the baddest bad he could be.
So he understands Kross. He respects Kross. But he sure the hell doesn’t fear him. That’s why he could step into the ring with the man with no trepidation.
And that’s why this is such a good feud for Kross to start out with. Ciampa is bulletproof in NXT. Taking a loss (which he might) isn’t going to hurt him at all. And it will help Kross tons to beat a man who’s as dangerous as he is.

Fight another day
Drake Maverick upset Kushida to earn one more week in WWE.
Like with most Drake matches where he’s the babyface, he got his ass beat 95% of the time. Kushida meticulously worked over the left arm of the underdog, setting up his Hoverboard Lock finisher.
Despite it being a rather simple formula, it worked. Maverick brought the fire to carry his portion of the match (in this case, the selling). When he pleaded with referee Drake Wuertz not to stop the match no matter what, you could feel that.
And he was able to bring enough to show while he was definitely outmatched, he wasn’t completely out of his league. (This is compared to back in the day when he was the X Division champion in TNA and brought almost no offense to his babyface matches.)
In end, Sliced Bread failed him due to how jacked up his arm was. Instead, they fell from the top rope in a way that had Kushida in prime position to lock in the Hoverboard Lock. At that point, Drake had to fight for his career in a panicked exchange that was palpable. He was able to gain the leverage and steal the match with a pinfall upset.
This set up a triple threat between Jake Atlas, Kushida, and Drake for next week. So it’s more of a stay of execution for Maverick. But he’ll take it.

Strange Bedfellows
Roderick Strong made his ERA members proud by defeating thorn in their side Dexter Lumis. Dexter brought the creepy, at one point enjoying knife edge chops (and those are serious chops - ask Daniel Bryan), and kept selling his character. But the veteran Strong was able to sneak a pinfall.
But Lumis isn’t the type of guy to take a loss well. He locked in his submission from the ring apron and dragged Roddy out to the floor, hold still applied. Adam Cole and Bobby Fish ran out to stop the madness, but Velveteen Dream ran out to make sure they didn’t. Lumis is like a Pitbull that bites in and never let go, despite all the kicks he received he didn't let Roderick go and was now stroking his hair afterwards, damn!
It was a bit surprising seeing Dream so soon. With the way he quickly lost the title, I expected him to be off TV longer.
Instead, he’s back to cement the oddest tag team. The flamboyant Dream and the uber intense Lumis. Let’s hope they team up at least once. After that, maybe Dream turns heel on the man, blaming him for the title loss. We’ll see about all of that.

Johnny’s best:-
I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed Johnny Gargano as much as I do now.
His character as one half of Mr. and Mrs. NXT is an obnoxious delight. From him singing Mia Yim’s song when the couple interrupted her victory, to supplementing his wife’s promo with annoying interjections, to shouting “Oh my God!” when he saw Keith Lee chasing him off, it’s all so very good.
He’s always been a great wrestler, but his character was never great. He was a good true blue babyface, but it could be a bit bland. But now his character is straight up enjoyable on its own without his in-ring acumen. (If anything, he’ll need to learn to wrestle as a bad guy given his style.)
It feels like this is going to set up a big mixed tag of Mr. and Mrs. Garagano vs. (real life not kayfabe) couple of Mia Yim & Keith Lee. That will be a real test for the first couple of NXT.

El Hijo de Fantasma defeated Akira Tozawa to advance to the finals of the cruiserweight tournament. While both men end at 2-1, Fantasma held the tiebreaker given he beat the man he’s tied with.
It was a good match, but I don’t feel too invested in either man that match. That’s probably because of how invested the Drake Maverick story was that nothing else in the tournament can compare.
After the match, the men gave each other their respect in the parking lot when the masked kidnappers attacked Tozawa. Fantasma started to exit his car to assist him but just his opening the door sent the assailants scurrying. It’s all just too suspicious, and I expect we’ll learn Fantasma is the mastermind in the finals of the tournament.

- Shotzi Blackheart cut a video promo from a tank. It was full of that punk rock energy, though her promo delivery was a half shout that lost a bit of sincerity. (Talking about how her dad inspired her to get into rock deserves to sound a bit more sincere.) But she’s damned unique and has a charisma that is hard to deny. Shotzi could hone her tone with her promos, but badass tank gal is a gimmick that can certainly work.

- Damian Priest had a short promo explaining his attack on Finn Bálor but at the same time, not saying much. It wasn’t a very inspired promo, though didn’t have much opportunity to get there. This is Priest’s sink or swim feud so he should get some legit time to prove why he deserves to stand across from one of NXT’s best.

- Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch brought a new aggression when they straight up dominated the team of Ever-Rise. With Matt Riddle & Timothy Thatcher no longer in the division (and fighting in a submission cage match next week), they need a babyface to fill the void. Looks like that may be #1 & #2.

NXT is still enjoyable. Yes, I miss the crowds, but not as much when watching NXT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 1:33pm On May 21, 2020
Charlotte interrupting that match just means that there will be a triple threat match against her title in the near future, not very smart of her.

kross seems destined for great things if his first feud is against tomato himself (who will no doubt elevate kross throughout this feud)

the garganos going after keith and mia is just grin

Dexter lumis and dream r d weirdest pair
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 3:08pm On May 21, 2020
Finally decided to catch up on my 7 episodes of NXT. Will catch up to you guys soon.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:19pm On May 21, 2020
Kaycee7:
Finally decided to catch up on my 7 episodes of NXT. Will catch up to you guys soon.

Welldone boss man
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 3:00am On May 23, 2020
Bailey beat Charlotte (by using the ropes to support her weight).

Another pointless universal championship match at Backlash, Strowman v Miz and Morrison in a handicap match. If the Fiend is in self isolation hibernation, why not give Braun Cesaro?.

Aj and Jeff Hardy advanced into the semis of the intercontinental championship tournament and oh Aj is now drafted to smack down.

Deville/Ziggler beat Mandy/Otis, their rivalry is brewing nicely.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:25pm On May 23, 2020
Sorry about the late post guys

Smackdown recap reviews and reactions

MC EM AI ZEE cool

While there was some truth, like the fact that really anyone could have gotten a Universal title match against Goldberg at WrestleMania, and the absolute fact that Bray Wyatt isn’t done with Braun, it fell a little bit flat. You’re not going to get a segment with puppets making fun of puppets and get many people slapping their knees and laughing.
So when Morrison said that Miz could beat Braun, while Miz was trying to get Morrison to stop talking because he, and we, knew where this was going, Braun happily accepted.
And Braun happily whooped that ass.
It was interesting to see Morrison throw his best friend to the wolf like that. He stood up to Braun as if he was going to fight him, but instead kept throwing Miz in and that part I liked about this segment. Lends to the break up angle the hacker’s been teasing.
Nothing of note happened during the match, but after, Johnny Ding Dong (thanks, Cole!) announced that he and Miz want a 2 on 1 handicap match for the Universal title at Backlash. Braun happily accepted that, too. At least Vince heard me and I'll get my wish of Miz challenging for the universal title, even though I didn't mean it under these circumstances...Vince if you are a ghost reader on this thread please break Miz and Morrison up for me and push Miz FFS angry
But Braun accepting a handicap match for your title when there’s a Money in the Bank holder on your brand, that decision is a head scratcher. grin
Also, does Braun not remember how he lost the Intercontinental title?

Broken Sonya Deville
Sonya broke into Matt Hardy’s wardrobe, while Mandy seemed to have broken into Daisy Duke’s wardrobe on another set.
The pairings of both Mandy and Otis and Sonya and Dolph are great. I was intrigued to see how Mandy and Otis would be in the ring together and I loved it. They look like a real life couple. Otis tried to hype up Mandy and Mandy tended to Otis while he was hurting on the floor. Sonya grounded Mandy and I hoped for there to not be a 50/50 here, and I was pleasantly surprised! Dolph deviously held Otis back as Sonya finished Mandy off.
Sonya has a nasty running knee and it works in her arsenal. She is well on her way to being a top heel in this company. Just to put a period at the end of the asshole sentence, Dolph superkicked Otis as he checked on Mandy after the match. What I really liked though, was that Otis was given time to be Otis, and not a turned up to 11 crazy man. Otis was more serious, and got in Sonya’s face when she was hurting Mandy.
That’s how it’s done. All 4 people here were booked to perfection on this show, as they have been for weeks. Tucker was not mentioned this week, and I feel like that’s by design. The longer he’s not shown or mentioned, the longer I feel he will be the one everyone thinks turns on Otis, but the real turncoat will have been in front of us all along.

AJ Styles def. Shinsuke Nakamura - AJ Styles has officially been traded to SmackDown, right after WWE was making a big deal about wrestlers being able to bounce around 4 times a year and whatever dumb rule they decided on this week.
Who else was waiting for the dick kick? Continuity, man! grin Really awesome spot here when Shinsuke locked a triangle choke and Styles countered with a Styles Clash. AJ hit the Phenomenal Forearm to win and I feel like I haven’t seen that move in forever! So we get AJ vs. Elias next week for the semi-finals and I believe that’s a first time match up? Google seems to agree.

Bayley def. Triple feature Charlotte Flair - Bayley has Elite level trash talk in her matches. One moment from the match Charlotte grabbed her hair and she said “That’s cheating! We don’t do that here” and I cackled grin cheesy. Charlotte calling for Sasha over the headset was a great moment too. I think she has really benefited from the no crowd era. I did not see Charlotte losing here. Though, it was not a clean win, as Bayley grabbed the ropes without the ref seeing it. Bayley had told Sasha to hang out in the back for this one, which immediately made me peg Charlotte as the winner, but this way was much better.
The right person won, and for a well booked reason! Charlotte tried to cheat, so naturally Bayley had to get her back. And what this did was establish Bayley as a cheater who will hide behind her supposed best friend when she can. If booked right, the turn should be unexpected, and has to be Bayley to Sasha.

Jeff Hardy def. Sheamus - Sheamus trash talked Cole and I loved it. Him and Bayley laying into him every show is hilarious and something we don’t see too often. Sheamus dominated for a nice portion of the match, even jogged around and smiled when he thought he had it in the bag. I love seeing Sheamus leaning into the smugness of this heel character. When Jeff rolled him up, he got BIG TIME MAD.
Bet I know what’s happening next week! Jeff Hardy will face Daniel Bryan and the winner will face the winner of Elias vs. Styles.

The following announcement has been paid for by TFS - The Forgotten Sons blood is on our hands, and its only fair that our blood is on theirs. Clearly they’ve had tough times adjusting to life at home. I don’t know where this is going and I’m not really liking it at the moment. These guys are on TV. Let them wrestle! Why has the tag division been put on the shelf for the past few weeks?

SmackDown was easy viewing tonight, and I think we can thank wrestling over talking. Raw was super talk heavy, while SmackDown took the wrestling approach with only one major talking segment for the whole show. Thank you.
The matches with stakes tonight featured men and women who have history with each other and that made them even more enjoyable. Next week, my bet is AJ Styles wins and Daniel Bryan wins because Sheamus won’t stand idly by and let Jeff get away with embarrassing him. Let’s keep Jeff Hardy and Michael Cole in our thoughts cheesy cheesy.

Drew Gulak is gone and that makes me sad sad sad cry.

We had a King Corbin-less show, I don't want that happening ever again Vince, I know you can see thisangry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 6:21pm On May 23, 2020
I thought Kurt had been released?

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:43pm On May 23, 2020
Nekr0N:
so unnecessary but i guess its to bring eyes to the match
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:10pm On May 23, 2020
Nekr0N:
we also thought that Maverick was released but somehow he's almost through to the cruiserweight championship tournament final.

I believe some of the released wrestlers will return
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 1:19pm On May 24, 2020
Qu3sT:

so unnecessary but i guess its to bring eyes to the match

Yea,I guess..but it's another payday for Kurt tho
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 1:20pm On May 24, 2020
100naira:
we also thought that Maverick was released but somehow he's almost through to the cruiserweight championship tournament final.

I believe some of the released wrestlers will return

I hope they do, especially Lio Rush
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 2:37pm On May 24, 2020
Gt
Nekr0N:

I hope they do, especially Lio Rush
wait na Purple be this?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 3:03pm On May 24, 2020
Wrestling grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Nekr0N(m): 5:06pm On May 24, 2020
100naira:
Gt wait na Purple be this?

Maybe cheesy
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:05am On May 26, 2020

WWE Raw results, recap, and reactions

WWE is doing something different with their shows by now having NXT talent and PC trainees in the crowd, socially distanced. It gave Raw a very different feel. With a crowd, they decided to put up hockey style plexiglass around the barricade and it looked cool! They made a big deal about the crowd being tested and socially distancing which is great, but at the end of the show there was a brawl and… well, we’ll get to that in a bit.
Seth said after Money in the Bank he was in a dark place, but Rey was chosen to be sacrificed and he fulfilled his duty. Seth went into a disgusting description of what happened with Rey’s eye. Seth called Rey courageous and said his actions have led to the future of Raw. He let Murphy and Theory say a few words of praise and then announced the tag match between his disciples and Humberto Carrillo and Aleister Black.
I absolutely loved this, as Murphy and the already settled in Theory have added the cult vibe that was missing for the past month.
Later, all four men put on a fast paced match with no wasted motion. Humberto is a phenomenal tag wrestler and he and Aleister worked really well together. Make ‘em a tag team! We need more of those on Raw whenever they decide to bring RicoRic back and have the tag scene be more than pre-taped non wrestling shenanigans. Theory got the victory for his team.
After, Theory and Murphy were told to grab Humberto and they dragged him to the same steps Rey was sacrificed at. Aleister tried to save him but Seth told him to stop and drop the chair he grabbed. He would be forced to sacrifice Humberto if they both didn’t stop trying to defend Rey. Aleister dropped the chair and Seth stuck by his words. El Honorable of him.
This is Seth Rollins’ best work on the main roster. I was skeptical about the Messiah gimmick at first but I am all in. Everything works. And adding more muscle to the group with Theory elevates both Theory and Rollins as it really gave the cult vibe that Seth needed. Having them both talk about being down and out and discovered by Seth, so great.
Next week, Rey Mysterio will be giving a “retirement speech” and that should be an intriguing segment.

Musings of a guru
MVP hosted the VIP lounge and his guest was the “soon to be former WWE champion”. Drew took apart the set ready for a brawl but MVP assured him that wouldn’t happen.
MVP said that the first time he and Drew met, he offered himself as a mentor, to take him under his wing. But instead Drew decided to Claymore him and go his own way. In that moment, MVP knew two things - Drew would become WWE champion, and Drew would lose the championship because of MVP. Drew fired back and said he doesn’t think Lashley will be as lucky as he was getting his shot and defeating the Beast. Lashley will have to take the title out of his cold, dead hands, and MVP said that could be arranged.
Lashley came out but Drew Claymored MVP and begged for Lashley to come fight him. MVP kept his weight on Lashley’s leg to stop him from getting in the ring, and both men walked up the ramp.
MVP is wonderful in this role. He has instantaneously made me care about Bobby Lashley. Why was this not a thing so long ago? The whole Lashley/Lana thing could have been avoided altogether and if that happened, Lashley would be in such a bigger position than he’s in right now. MVP has been indeed that, an MVP for Lashley, and later in the night, got another group of guys more serious than they’ve been as of late.

Prove myself to myself
Edge continued to cut great promos using real life stuff in his feud with Orton this week.
He said that he was retired for 3,212 days and in that time, orton had 1,126 matches. He has to prove himself to himself. Orton doubts his wrestling ability but edge is able to adapt. He spoke in the past tense about himself because he doesn’t know if he’s able to be the five tool workhorse he’s been.
Later on, Mr. Wooooo himself Ric Flair chose Orton to win the “what many could consider greatest wrestling match” because we’re doing that to death. That didn’t really matter, because Edge has sold me on the continuation of this just from talking. As of right now though, I don’t see him winning this one. I could see the doubt costing him, but that may change.

Apollo Crews def. Andrade - Crews brought the heat as the bell rang, but classic Zelina tried to distract him and Andrade thought it worked, but it didn’t and Zelina was sent to the floor. Andrade got hot after that and made sure to take his anger out on Crews. Halfway through this Angel Garza was interviewed backstage and I had to light a cigarette after. Crews won with his military press into the standing moonsault combo.
It came out of nowhere, I mean the pin, which I think was the intention, and it’s so nice to finally call Apollo Crews a champion in WWE. He had an emotional promo about how people told him he wouldn’t be able to do it, but he sacrificed and never gave up. I feel for him because that was real and no pun intended, raw emotion. Andrade was furious backstage without Zelina or Garza.
The Garza spot… that was something. I don’t like interviews in between matches in the backstage area. You have a wrestling match going on! The spot was unnecessary, but Garza is so charming that I didn’t mind as much. Okay, I’m biased you got me.

Lost in translation - Kevin Owens is the perfect person to interview Asuka. The KO show had a bunch of run ins as a classic wont of an interview show. Triple feature Charlotte Flair came out to say she should’ve been crowned Raw women’s champion, Natalya to apologize to KO and his crew, and Nia to be Nia. KO told Asuka it wouldn’t be wise to hit Nia in the face, but that’s exactly what she did!
Charlotte had a point, though. Asuka has not beaten her yet on the main roster and it made me wonder if they were going to have her win tonight.

Nia Jax def. Charlotte Flair and Natalya - This one didn’t go the way I expected it to, even though it had the winner we all knew it would. Natalya put up a fight. There were a few moments when I thought they were going to swerve us and have her win it, simply because we all knew she was there to eat the pin. The table spot in this match was awesome. I don’t know why before the match, a lovers quarrel ensued between Natalya and her husband over the phone. Do we see Charlotte again on Friday?

Nikki Cross has WORDS - The IIconics apologized to each other and talked about how they were not given opportunity when they had the Women’s tag titles. Bliss/Cross came out and Alexa said they had every opportunity and blew it. Nikki was about to speak but Billie told her to just stand there and look grateful.
That led to a star making promo from Nikki Cross. Nikki said she’s been with Bliss every step of the way and she left Scotland with nothing in her pocket and she had nothing and nobody in WWE until Lexi came along. Absolutely outstanding.
IIconics blindside them and raise the titles up, which means another title match is coming, and after this segment, I’m ready for it. Remember when we all thought Alexa was turning on Nikki? Please never ever ever do that. Please.

Angel Garza def. Kevin Owens - Garza attacked Owens as he was walking down the ramp, and courageous Kevin told the ref to ring the bell after the commercial. Garza kept targeting that leg and took advantage when it halted Owens’ momentum. Owens put up a good fight but fell to a Wing Clipper. I really like that finisher for Garza. He attacked Owens’ leg again after the match, so this ain’t over!

Liv your best life - Guess what would make Liv get over, WWE? Put her in matches and let her win. The backstage promos where she’s trying to find herself and stuff will only go so far. In fact, they’ve already reached the peak. This is quickly reminding me of the Sheamus promos last year when Sheamus was returning, and returning, and returning, for like 10 weeks. Actions will speak louder than words here.

Truth speaks, Gronk… peeps - Rob Gronkowski does absolute nothing for me. And his promo tonight was dreadful. Just… ugh. Truth killed Pretty Ricky this week and thank you, WWE. Truth is coming after Gronk. Gronk is wearing douchebag shades and reading scripts off camera. Thanks, but no.

Raw is golf! - Street Profits and Viking Raiders started on a real golf course, but the antics ended up getting them kicked out. So instead they went to everyone’s favorite game - mini-golf! Montez’s pants were absolute fire and I want them. Profits win with the smaller score, as is golf’s way to win but Vikings thought they won and were celebrating. Ivar pulled stuff out of the hole, including a turkey leg. A crocodile appeared out of nowhere. This was nuts. Tez, hook ya boy up with a pair of those pants.
Now to what I alluded to before, and in the beginning of the recap. MVP confronted Tez and Dawkins about wasting their talents playing games. MVP called them clowns and said if they want to be serious, they’ll face him and Lashley.

Street Profits def. Bobby Lashley and MVP via DQ - Finally some Street Profits wrestling! It’s been too long, boys. Street profits got the better of MVP for most of the match, but Lashley wasn’t having any of it. Montez has elite level selling and can always get the highest air I’ve ever seen of any wrestler. Lashley locked in a full nelson when he wasn’t the legal man and that caused the disqualification.

Drew McIntyre came out and he and Lashley brawled, which led to the referee motioning for the male NXT talent and PC trainees to come pull them apart. Now, I like a pull apart brawl, but we established clearly that the crowd is the crowd and they’re being protected from the ring area. So… why were THEY pulling Lashley and Drew apart? WWE just tore up all that social distancing stuff and went to their get every able body to get these guys away from each other trope. God forbid someone in the ring or in the crowd JUST came in contact with someone who was sick before they entered the building and happen to be asymptomatic right now. You’re asking for trouble there.

Raw was a mixed bag of good, not so good, head scratching decisions, and an awful Gronk appearance. The best stuff consistently week to week is Rollins, which a few months ago I would have never said. Shout out to Eric Bugenhagen in the crowd lifting his arms up and rejoicing when Seth’s music hit. (Make him a disciple, WWE. Ratings will go up I promise you.) Lana was also shown on the show doing the same screaming nonsense. R-Truth was better but Gronk… sheesh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.