Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,038 members, 7,956,866 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:01 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (314132 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (302) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
pu7pl3:

What about Sasha Vs Asuka and the street Profits
The matches themselves were awesome but there wasn't that much backstory to them. The buildup to them on TV was a bit lacklustre. And it was almost as if Creative didn't care enough to even package a prematch preview for them.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
Kaycee7:
The matches themselves were awesome but there wasn't that much backstory to them. The buildup to them on TV was a bit lacklustre. And it was almost as if Creative didn't care enough to even package a prematch preview for them.

By prematch preview do you mean video packages? Cos they had video packages

But your point about the build up is valid...as an inter brand competition there was little build up especially if you consider previous years and even the NXT injections
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2020
pu7pl3:

By prematch preview do you mean video packages? Cos they had video packages

But your point about the build up is valid...as an inter brand competition there was little build up especially if you consider previous years and even the NXT injections
Maybe it's from my source, but New Day vs Street Profits, Asuka vs Sasha and Sami vs Bobby didn't have any video packages.

Street Profits cut a good pre-match promo, though
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
This was a really good spot.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2020
Roman dey too loud grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
I want that jacket tongue

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
Kaycee7:
Maybe it's from my source, but New Day vs Street Profits, Asuka vs Sasha and Sami vs Bobby didn't have any video packages.

Street Profits cut a good pre-match promo, though

Yea yea, it's true I remember, I don't think those ones had video packages
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
pu7pl3:

What about Sasha Vs Asuka and the street Profits
Not up to drew Vs roman
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
Qu3sT:

Not up to drew Vs roman

of course not
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:48am On Nov 26, 2020
WWE NXT Reviews recaps and reactions

Heel turn!
Toni Storm shifted alignments this week at the expense of her (former) friend Ember Moon.
Moon opened the show in a match against Candice LeRae, but it was really a 4 on 1 handicap match. Indi Hartwell, Dakota Kai, & Raquel González were all lurking at ringside for most of the match. It took a good deal of cheating for Candice to score a pinfall victory against Ember Moon.
That puts Moon at 1-2 in singles matches since returning, the sole one being a gimme match against Jessi Kamea. Now both of those losses were dirty, but it still takes some of the shine off her big return. She felt like she was automatically a top gal in the division given her history when she returned. But losing the two singles matches against real competition, no matter the reason, hinders that.
Granted, she’ll have the WarGames match itself to reestablish herself so this is by no means some big travesty.
The Toni turn was well done in the sense they really set up something obvious last week that most people (including myself) bit on. The teams felt set. Then they shook it all up.
Toni’s tenure in NXT is new so it’s not like this was necessary for her character. But it suddenly made her more interesting. It also gives her a readymade feud with Ember Moon, who revealed her return the same night that Storm did. Moon could use a blood feud to help reestablish herself as a top star.

Not Going Anywhere
Rhea Ripley addressed her future, but her segment was really meant to advance the WarGames angle.
In short, she said she wasn’t going anywhere, that her focus is still on the NXT title. While I don’t fully believe her when it comes to the long term (and in this case, I mean even months), the short term has her back in the cage at WarGames.
An interruption from Candice LeRae led to the reveal that her squad took out Io Shirai in the back. Dropping the champ’s limp body onto the ramp, they turned their focus onto the Nightmare. The badass that she is, Ripley held them off for a decent amount of time before she just couldn’t any more.
With both her and Io left laying by the baddies, we can be pretty sure that she and Shirai are rounding out the WarGames match. And with only one more episode prior to the event, a second swerve is not very likely.
This should be another baller WarGames match, and maybe more importantly, the heels and faces can then break off into different singles feuds afterwards.

3-1
Undisputed lost their first WarGames advantage match this week after winning their last three.
And of course they did. They’re the good guys now. The good guys never win this match.
NXT has done a great job booking their WarGames matches, but at the core of the concept, there’s a predictability to them. It’s a guarantee that the heels always have the man advantage in the beginning of the match. It’s a staple of the Dusty Rhodes creation. While the why makes sense (good guys having an extra person advantage isn’t a babyface thing), it leads to some predictability.
There was never any doubt that Pete Dunne was going to defeat Kyle O’Reilly in the ladder match to gain the advantage. The mystery was only going to be in the how. In this case, it was a masked individual who pushed over the later when KOR had the match won. The members of both teams were watching from the balconies. Pat McAfee was not there tonight, though the individual was wearing the same mask Pat wore when he revealed himself as the mastermind behind the Kings of NXT. It’s likely we’re to assume it was him, but we could be dealing with another mystery individual.
The match itself was brutal in a good way. These two attacked each other’s limbs until neither could move properly. Their styles meshed nicely, giving a physical, bone crunching match.It was enjoyable despite the pretty obvious result.

Kevin Owens Show
Kevin Owens hosted the KO show while he was at the CWC at the announce desk this week.
He hosted Leon Ruff, but it was predictably interrupted by Johnny Gargano and then Damian Priest before William Regal made the North American triple threat championship match official for WarGames.
This segment had its moments, with KO exposing the tropes of these talk shows, but comedy all seemed off a beat. There were too many awkward silences, and I don’t know if they were trolling KO or just couldn’t get the timing right, but they kept screwing up his countdown to ring music gag.
It also felt like they took a step back with Leon Ruff from where they left off last week. They had already established him as a man who we shouldn’t be taking lightly, who was a player in all this. This week, they made him seem more like a man who lucked into this position. He was more of a goof again. I took him more seriously last week than I did this week. That’s not how this should progress.
They set up the match, which was going to happen, and we got to see William Regal use “playa” in honor of Teddy Long so it did have its moments. In the end, comedy is subjective and while I normally enjoy Owens, this didn’t work for me.

Tapped Out
With Tommaso Ciampa watching at ringside, Timothy Thatcher tapped out to Kushida.
Let me say that again. Timothy Thatcher tapped out.
That’s an amazing feat for Kushida, something that Vic Joseph on commentary made sure to put over. Beating Thatcher isn’t the biggest accomplishment. He’s very good but he can take a pinfall loss. But to make a man who is so versed in Catch Wrestling submit is a huge accomplishment.
At this point, I think it’s almost a lock that Kushida will be Finn Bálor’s next challenger. He’s too hot for the North American title. We need to see Bálor vs. Kushida.
This obviously was a way for them to advance Ciampa’s program with Thatcher. Tim didn’t look too focused tonight with Tommaso at ringside. We’ll see if he can right the ship in a match against the Psycho Killer.

All the Rest:
- Cameron Grimes defeated Jake Atlas without too much struggle, showing that they still don’t have a path for Jake yet. After the victory, Dexter Lumis slinked up behind Grimes and proposed, in his own unique way, a strap match. Grimey wasn’t having any of it, but William Regal made the match for TakeOver.

- The Boa and Xia stuff was weird and wild again. Who is this mystery woman

- The Grizzled Young Vets returned this week, attacking Ever-Rise before a scheduled match could really get underway. Outside Jordan Devlin, they’ve got all the UK wrestlers they lost when the pandemic hit.

The twists and turns of the women’s WarGames match was the highlight of the show. The main event was a fight. Comedy is subjective, but the KO Show didn’t hit for me, but even that wasn’t really bad
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
pu7pl3:
WWE NXT Reviews recaps and reactions

Heel turn!
Toni Storm shifted alignments this week at the expense of her (former) friend Ember Moon.
Moon opened the show in a match against Candice LeRae, but it was really a 4 on 1 handicap match. Indi Hartwell, Dakota Kai, & Raquel González were all lurking at ringside for most of the match. It took a good deal of cheating for Candice to score a pinfall victory against Ember Moon.
That puts Moon at 1-2 in singles matches since returning, the sole one being a gimme match against Jessi Kamea. Now both of those losses were dirty, but it still takes some of the shine off her big return. She felt like she was automatically a top gal in the division given her history when she returned. But losing the two singles matches against real competition, no matter the reason, hinders that.
Granted, she’ll have the WarGames match itself to reestablish herself so this is by no means some big travesty.
The Toni turn was well done in the sense they really set up something obvious last week that most people (including myself) bit on. The teams felt set. Then they shook it all up.
Toni’s tenure in NXT is new so it’s not like this was necessary for her character. But it suddenly made her more interesting. It also gives her a readymade feud with Ember Moon, who revealed her return the same night that Storm did. Moon could use a blood feud to help reestablish herself as a top star.

Not Going Anywhere
Rhea Ripley addressed her future, but her segment was really meant to advance the WarGames angle.
In short, she said she wasn’t going anywhere, that her focus is still on the NXT title. While I don’t fully believe her when it comes to the long term (and in this case, I mean even months), the short term has her back in the cage at WarGames.
An interruption from Candice LeRae led to the reveal that her squad took out Io Shirai in the back. Dropping the champ’s limp body onto the ramp, they turned their focus onto the Nightmare. The badass that she is, Ripley held them off for a decent amount of time before she just couldn’t any more.
With both her and Io left laying by the baddies, we can be pretty sure that she and Shirai are rounding out the WarGames match. And with only one more episode prior to the event, a second swerve is not very likely.
This should be another baller WarGames match, and maybe more importantly, the heels and faces can then break off into different singles feuds afterwards.

3-1
Undisputed lost their first WarGames advantage match this week after winning their last three.
And of course they did. They’re the good guys now. The good guys never win this match.
NXT has done a great job booking their WarGames matches, but at the core of the concept, there’s a predictability to them. It’s a guarantee that the heels always have the man advantage in the beginning of the match. It’s a staple of the Dusty Rhodes creation. While the why makes sense (good guys having an extra person advantage isn’t a babyface thing), it leads to some predictability.
There was never any doubt that Pete Dunne was going to defeat Kyle O’Reilly in the ladder match to gain the advantage. The mystery was only going to be in the how. In this case, it was a masked individual who pushed over the later when KOR had the match won. The members of both teams were watching from the balconies. Pat McAfee was not there tonight, though the individual was wearing the same mask Pat wore when he revealed himself as the mastermind behind the Kings of NXT. It’s likely we’re to assume it was him, but we could be dealing with another mystery individual.
The match itself was brutal in a good way. These two attacked each other’s limbs until neither could move properly. Their styles meshed nicely, giving a physical, bone crunching match.It was enjoyable despite the pretty obvious result.

Kevin Owens Show
Kevin Owens hosted the KO show while he was at the CWC at the announce desk this week.
He hosted Leon Ruff, but it was predictably interrupted by Johnny Gargano and then Damian Priest before William Regal made the North American triple threat championship match official for WarGames.
This segment had its moments, with KO exposing the tropes of these talk shows, but comedy all seemed off a beat. There were too many awkward silences, and I don’t know if they were trolling KO or just couldn’t get the timing right, but they kept screwing up his countdown to ring music gag.
It also felt like they took a step back with Leon Ruff from where they left off last week. They had already established him as a man who we shouldn’t be taking lightly, who was a player in all this. This week, they made him seem more like a man who lucked into this position. He was more of a goof again. I took him more seriously last week than I did this week. That’s not how this should progress.
They set up the match, which was going to happen, and we got to see William Regal use “playa” in honor of Teddy Long so it did have its moments. In the end, comedy is subjective and while I normally enjoy Owens, this didn’t work for me.

Tapped Out
With Tommaso Ciampa watching at ringside, Timothy Thatcher tapped out to Kushida.
Let me say that again. Timothy Thatcher tapped out.
That’s an amazing feat for Kushida, something that Vic Joseph on commentary made sure to put over. Beating Thatcher isn’t the biggest accomplishment. He’s very good but he can take a pinfall loss. But to make a man who is so versed in Catch Wrestling submit is a huge accomplishment.
At this point, I think it’s almost a lock that Kushida will be Finn Bálor’s next challenger. He’s too hot for the North American title. We need to see Bálor vs. Kushida.
This obviously was a way for them to advance Ciampa’s program with Thatcher. Tim didn’t look too focused tonight with Tommaso at ringside. We’ll see if he can right the ship in a match against the Psycho Killer.

All the Rest:
- Cameron Grimes defeated Jake Atlas without too much struggle, showing that they still don’t have a path for Jake yet. After the victory, Dexter Lumis slinked up behind Grimes and proposed, in his own unique way, a strap match. Grimey wasn’t having any of it, but William Regal made the match for TakeOver.

- The Boa and Xia stuff was weird and wild again. Who is this mystery woman

- The Grizzled Young Vets returned this week, attacking Ever-Rise before a scheduled match could really get underway. Outside Jordan Devlin, they’ve got all the UK wrestlers they lost when the pandemic hit.

The twists and turns of the women’s WarGames match was the highlight of the show. The main event was a fight. Comedy is subjective, but the KO Show didn’t hit for me, but even that wasn’t really bad
When, if ever are you going to start aew review?

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2020
Qu3sT:

When, if ever are you going to start aew review?

probably if they change their show time from Wednesday's and start showing it on DStv
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2020
WWE Smackdown reviews recaps and reactions

No Fear
Whew boy. I never want this to end.
This is like when you’re watching a good soap opera, and you just want to fast forward through the rest of the show until you get to the one storyline you actually care about.
The show started with Jey Uso elated at what happened at Survivor Series.
Roman Reigns was not elated that Jey Uso didn’t listen to him. There was no celebrating Reigns’ epic victory last Sunday.
If people don’t fear the Anoa’i family, they don’t respect the Anoa’i family.
Jey took this to heart and beat down Bryan in the back during his match with Sami Zayn. Kevin Owens came to his rescue and confronted Roman, Jey, and Paul Heyman and said all Roman does is treat his family like trash.
So Heyman went to Adam “McInfart” Pearce and made the match for the main event. Reigns wanted the fear put into Owens.
KO and Jey beat each other up and all of this was wonderful. Owens played with a bad left arm and Jey took advantage whenever he could. This is Kevin Owens as the best babyface he can be. Then Jey got fed up and DQ’d himself with a chair to Owens. But Owens fought back and clobbered Jey with the chair.
Then he took one of the chairs at commentary and said that if Roman has a problem with him he should come and say it to his face. He sat down at the head of the announce desk and said he was waiting for him. Brilliant.
I just want to also mention how brilliant Heyman and Reigns’ expressions were as they were watching the match and beat down. So well done. I did not see KO being the next in line for Roman for TLC but I do not hate it at all. I’m sure Bryan and Otis will be coming around, too.
Owens has no fear of Roman Reigns, and this is going to be a fun program.

Sami Zayn def. Daniel Bryan - Sami doesn’t respect Thanksgiving. The ultimate heel. Americans can be quite gluttonous though, right? Can’t say I disagree with everything Sami says about them. I guess… that makes them heels too?
Conspiracy theorist Sami Zayn has been a really fun character. Slick Sami has also been fun, tying Apollo Crews’ leg up under the ring was a pretty ingenious idea. These two had a great match. There was a terrifying apron brainbuster spot where Bryan’s head nearly hit the hardest part of the ring. Bryan dove in all directions to get Sami back, but Sami ran up the stage and to the back and Bryan followed him. As the ref was at 7, Sami ran back down without Bryan and got in right as the ref called for the bell. He’s so smart and smarmy. Bryan didn’t because of the continuing arc with Jey and Roman.

Roode and Ziggler def. The Street Profits - This match was apparently put together at the last moment, but you couldn’t tell from those promos! Another losers who lose win moment right here. I have zero interest in Roode and Ziggler and all they did before this match, as I just said, is lose! Can’t we get some other teams? It pains me to now switch my pre-written title of The Street Profits def. Roode and Ziggler around. Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins continue to be a delight. Tez did the flying frog splash twice! I’m not excited for this to continue.

Bianca Belair def. Natalya - Bayley was at commentary and it was clear that the story. Natalya and Bianca were trying not to hit Bayley on the outside, but Bianca clocked her (by accident of course) but Bayley tried to interfere, and Bianca then accidentally threw Natalya into Bayley as she got up on the apron. We all know where this is going. And I like it! Bayley and Bianca should be quite entertaining.

Murphsterio def. Corbin - Yep. We’re doing that now. I need to entertain myself. This started with a backstage segment when Corbin came into the interview with the Mysterio clan and told them that Murphsterio was just here to mooch off of Rey. The whole time Corbin was disrespecting the Mysterio family, not one Mysterio (or Murphsterio) did anything. They just… stood there and took the verbal beating. Would be nice to see people not just stand there as a nobody berates them.
Then they made it worse. Mysterios interfered while the ref wasn’t looking, and it didn’t make Murphsterio look any better. Really just stupid. I thought I was going to be happier while Rollins was out, but this just kept the hatred going. Again, really stupid. Never actually make me begrudgingly agree with Corbin!

We almost had Otis Vs Corbin on this show, and I have to thank babyface-for-that-moment Jey Uso for saving us from that. Sasha also turned the tables on Carmella in a quick backstage segment. This show was decent, but it’s hard for anything to top the Roman saga. It’s just so damn good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2020
An honourable shout-out

Billie Kay isn’t getting a lot of time to work with on Friday Night SmackDown, but she sure is making the most of the time she is getting. Previously, she had me rolling from an interaction with The Street Profits (or “Mr. Profits,” as she called them). Now, she’s cracking me up at the announce desk.
There really isn’t even all that much to say about this. She’s simply got the gift of incredible timing and delivery mixed with just the right voice for it all. More than anything, she’s entertaining. It’s just fun watching her run around trying to find her place after the breakup of The IIconics and split from Peyton Royce, who went to Monday Night Raw in the WWE Draft.
There’s also potential for an actual story here, though I’m not entirely confident in WWE being put together enough to follow through on it. After all, we’re making the most of 30 seconds here.
But Kay certainly deserves a lot of credit for what she’s doing with what she’s being given.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
Bayley Vs Michael Cole at wrestlemania. The match to settle this never-ending, brutal feud.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
Qu3sT:
Bayley Vs Michael Cole at wrestlemania. The match to settle this never-ending, brutal feud.
Make I chat Vince up for WhatsApp make him book am.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
Kaycee7:
Make I chat Vince up for WhatsApp make him book am.
Leave am be. The world is not ready for the masterpiece that is bayley vs Michael Cole unleashed.

Tell am to focus on this nonsense king constable Corbin vs the Mysterio family that is about to befall us.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 8:33pm On Nov 28, 2020
Qu3sT:

Leave am be. The world is not ready for the masterpiece that is bayley vs Michael Cole unleashed.

Tell am to focus on this nonsense king constable Corbin vs the Mysterio family that is about to befall us.
grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2020
Kaycee7:
grin
Get on that sh*t quick bro, nobody has the energy to suffer this nonsense.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
Qu3sT:

Get on that sh*t quick bro, nobody has the energy to suffer this nonsense.
Vince say make I tell una say that Mysterio family angle go main event Wrestlemania. Una never see anything sef.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:58am On Nov 29, 2020
Kaycee7:
Vince say make I tell una say that Mysterio family angle go main event Wrestlemania. Una never see anything sef.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 11:49am On Nov 29, 2020
Kaycee7:
Say na lie?

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
Who watches this?
I enjoy their highlights though..
Good day people..

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 6:41am On Nov 30, 2020
Qu3sT:

Say na lie?
You know say I no fit lie give you

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:02pm On Nov 30, 2020
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:05am On Dec 01, 2020
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

BRANK!
I knew that Miz and Morrison would be absolutely dreadful and I still put myself through the MizTv segment. That’s my fault. I absolutely hate this duo. Their jokes are bad, they act like 5th grade schoolyard bullies.
“Money in the Brank” was pretty funny, though. Nowhere near “McInfart”! Miz and Morrison attacked Sheamus during the segment no one should care about, and Drew was nowhere to be found. That’s… real friendly.
Later in the tag match, McIntyre started by bulldozing through Morrison. He tossed Miz and Morrison all over the place.
Sheamus got down to the floor and started getting in Styles’ face while he was on commentary and Miz tried to take advantage, but Sheamus saw it coming.
Styles caused a DQ and wanted Miz to cash in the briefcase, as he said he’d help Miz do before this match (mentioned below) and Miz was mad at him for interfering. But Miz then decided he wanted to cash in and then Drew woke up and destroyed Miz and Morrison.
Then one of the best moments of the show happened. Jordan took AJ off the apron and had him up on his shoulders, and he was holding him like a 5 year old getting carried away from the playground.
I’m intrigued to see AJ and Drew and how Jordan gets to play big hoss versus Drew. Also they’ve never faced each other before and that’s a welcome sight. More first time match-ups please!
Also also, I was sure that Sheamus was going to turn on Drew and I’m glad it didn’t happen. All they did was talk about how they’re best friends and it usually telegraphs things to come, but I’m glad they pivoted on that.
For now.

New contender
Matt Riddle’s promos are dog shit, bro. Doing the Fat Bastard “I’m dead sexy” from Austin Powers? Bro. No, bro. The rabbit and turtle stuff with AJ? My goodness. Dog shit.
AJ and Riddle both sold their asses off for Keith Lee. Keith is such a great agile big man.
Keith tossed AJ across the ring so hard he slid into the ringpost and it sent him to the floor. Riddle got himself out of a Spirit Bomb and tried to lock an armbar in, and Keith used Riddle as a weapon to take out Styles. I love shit like this.
KEITH LEE KICKED OUT OF A STYLES PIN AND STYLES LANDED ON RIDDLE HAHAHAHA!!!
This match was really fun, even knowing who was going to win. They’re murdering Riddle, dropping his first name and giving him these awful promos. Exactly what everyone was worried would happen. Keith Lee had a great showing here, and it’s nice to see him in more matches with actual finishes.
Miz and Morrison came up to Styles and Styles said he’d help Miz cash in so that he could face him at TLC instead of Drew, which makes a whole bunch of sense. Though I know somehow Styles would end up losing that match because… it’s WWE.

The Rest

A Moment of Bliss - Randy Orton made a nice comparison between he and The Fiend. Both of them hear voices in their head. I really like the history between these two. Alexa playing with Orton with the considerable size difference looked awesome, too. She is the Fiend’s weakness and I guess that tells you that even a monster can find true love.

Slapjack def. Ricochet - Wow I did not think they would put that stellar Ricochet promo from Twitter on television. Oh my God the RETRIBUTION entrance production. These people should be fired. Ricochet kept his eyes on Ali for the first few moments and Slapjack took advantage. I absolutely hate that now that RETRIBUTION has been signed and made part of the WWE regular roster, the “heel” announcer is on their side. C’mon. I don’t need to hear Joe against Ricochet just because he’s a babyface.
Dana Brooke appeared out of nowhere and slapped Ali for when Reckoning did last week or the week before. (The days blend in with each other now.) Then Slapjack pinned Ricochet with a really nice looking move. (someone called it a Lightning Spiral.) It looked pretty vicious so that’s nice to see at least. Honestly, I hate most of this team’s booking, but I am intrigued to see what would happen if Ricochet joined them.

Dana Brooke def. Reckoning - L-O-L. Come on, man. She lost the match and her mask in the first 10 seconds of the match. Good win for Dana but like… come on, man.

Cedric Alexander def. Xavier Woods - New Day spent their promo time before the match showing us exactly why there’s no point in WWE giving anyone from Hurt Business a match against anyone of New Day. Cedric came out and said he was not Shelton (sowing seeds of dissension from last week!) and attacked Woods. Cedric is such a great seller. Woods is excellent at everything. Let’s all be honest with each other. We knew that once Woods mentioned that he was hosting the G4 he was losing tonight. WWE can’t make anyone look good heading into a non-WWE project and Hurt Business needs to continue getting tag title matches.
Where are the other Raw tag teams? Actually, who are the other tag teams? I already don’t remember. Lucha House Party are 24/7 fodder. Ivar is out injured, Garza and Andrade are split, I actually WANT them to split Miz and Morrison, there’s like… no teams anymore. Cedric won and celebrated up the ramp by himself. He was suuuper hyped up. Hmmm.

Jeff Hardy def. Elias - This feud was continuing on Main Event, but then they had to bring it back on Raw, even after Jeff Hardy already technically won the feud after the guitar on a pole match. The 24/7 stuff had to intertwine as Truth hid in a piano and Elias and Jeff both attacked Lucha House Party and Drew Gulak! Jerks! They played with some drums, Elias ran into a gong, Elias got electrocuted, Jeff went to the top of the ringpost and Swanton Bombed Elias through a table while slamming his own head into the steel steps.
Commentary then said that Jeff finally put an end to this rivalry, but he literally did that weeks ago with the other match. And we all know it’s most likely that this feud still isn’t going to be done.

Asuka and Lana def. Nia and Shayna - There are two stories going on here. One - WWE management has no regard for Lana’s well-being by continuing to have her anywhere near Nia and Shayna, and Two - WWE management have nothing for the Raw women’s champion. This is just stupid now.

I don’t know if this is true but this show felt like a show that was written very, very late today. Some parts were really good, like the triple threat and Alexander and Woods. Raw just seems like an endless cycle of mediocre and just enough creativity that puts a smile on my face enough to warrant a grade higher than a C- every week.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 10:34am On Dec 01, 2020
pu7pl3:
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

BRANK!
I knew that Miz and Morrison would be absolutely dreadful and I still put myself through the MizTv segment. That’s my fault. I absolutely hate this duo. Their jokes are bad, they act like 5th grade schoolyard bullies.
“Money in the Brank” was pretty funny, though. Nowhere near “McInfart”! Miz and Morrison attacked Sheamus during the segment no one should care about, and Drew was nowhere to be found. That’s… real friendly.
Later in the tag match, McIntyre started by bulldozing through Morrison. He tossed Miz and Morrison all over the place.
Sheamus got down to the floor and started getting in Styles’ face while he was on commentary and Miz tried to take advantage, but Sheamus saw it coming.
Styles caused a DQ and wanted Miz to cash in the briefcase, as he said he’d help Miz do before this match (mentioned below) and Miz was mad at him for interfering. But Miz then decided he wanted to cash in and then Drew woke up and destroyed Miz and Morrison.
Then one of the best moments of the show happened. Jordan took AJ off the apron and had him up on his shoulders, and he was holding him like a 5 year old getting carried away from the playground.
I’m intrigued to see AJ and Drew and how Jordan gets to play big hoss versus Drew. Also they’ve never faced each other before and that’s a welcome sight. More first time match-ups please!
Also also, I was sure that Sheamus was going to turn on Drew and I’m glad it didn’t happen. All they did was talk about how they’re best friends and it usually telegraphs things to come, but I’m glad they pivoted on that.
For now.

New contender
Matt Riddle’s promos are dog shit, bro. Doing the Fat Bastard “I’m dead sexy” from Austin Powers? Bro. No, bro. The rabbit and turtle stuff with AJ? My goodness. Dog shit.
AJ and Riddle both sold their asses off for Keith Lee. Keith is such a great agile big man.
Keith tossed AJ across the ring so hard he slid into the ringpost and it sent him to the floor. Riddle got himself out of a Spirit Bomb and tried to lock an armbar in, and Keith used Riddle as a weapon to take out Styles. I love shit like this.
KEITH LEE KICKED OUT OF A STYLES PIN AND STYLES LANDED ON RIDDLE HAHAHAHA!!!
This match was really fun, even knowing who was going to win. They’re murdering Riddle, dropping his first name and giving him these awful promos. Exactly what everyone was worried would happen. Keith Lee had a great showing here, and it’s nice to see him in more matches with actual finishes.
Miz and Morrison came up to Styles and Styles said he’d help Miz cash in so that he could face him at TLC instead of Drew, which makes a whole bunch of sense. Though I know somehow Styles would end up losing that match because… it’s WWE.

The Rest

A Moment of Bliss - Randy Orton made a nice comparison between he and The Fiend. Both of them hear voices in their head. I really like the history between these two. Alexa playing with Orton with the considerable size difference looked awesome, too. She is the Fiend’s weakness and I guess that tells you that even a monster can find true love.

Slapjack def. Ricochet - Wow I did not think they would put that stellar Ricochet promo from Twitter on television. Oh my God the RETRIBUTION entrance production. These people should be fired. Ricochet kept his eyes on Ali for the first few moments and Slapjack took advantage. I absolutely hate that now that RETRIBUTION has been signed and made part of the WWE regular roster, the “heel” announcer is on their side. C’mon. I don’t need to hear Joe against Ricochet just because he’s a babyface.
Dana Brooke appeared out of nowhere and slapped Ali for when Reckoning did last week or the week before. (The days blend in with each other now.) Then Slapjack pinned Ricochet with a really nice looking move. (someone called it a Lightning Spiral.) It looked pretty vicious so that’s nice to see at least. Honestly, I hate most of this team’s booking, but I am intrigued to see what would happen if Ricochet joined them.

Dana Brooke def. Reckoning - L-O-L. Come on, man. She lost the match and her mask in the first 10 seconds of the match. Good win for Dana but like… come on, man.

Cedric Alexander def. Xavier Woods - New Day spent their promo time before the match showing us exactly why there’s no point in WWE giving anyone from Hurt Business a match against anyone of New Day. Cedric came out and said he was not Shelton (sowing seeds of dissension from last week!) and attacked Woods. Cedric is such a great seller. Woods is excellent at everything. Let’s all be honest with each other. We knew that once Woods mentioned that he was hosting the G4 he was losing tonight. WWE can’t make anyone look good heading into a non-WWE project and Hurt Business needs to continue getting tag title matches.
Where are the other Raw tag teams? Actually, who are the other tag teams? I already don’t remember. Lucha House Party are 24/7 fodder. Ivar is out injured, Garza and Andrade are split, I actually WANT them to split Miz and Morrison, there’s like… no teams anymore. Cedric won and celebrated up the ramp by himself. He was suuuper hyped up. Hmmm.

Jeff Hardy def. Elias - This feud was continuing on Main Event, but then they had to bring it back on Raw, even after Jeff Hardy already technically won the feud after the guitar on a pole match. The 24/7 stuff had to intertwine as Truth hid in a piano and Elias and Jeff both attacked Lucha House Party and Drew Gulak! Jerks! They played with some drums, Elias ran into a gong, Elias got electrocuted, Jeff went to the top of the ringpost and Swanton Bombed Elias through a table while slamming his own head into the steel steps.
Commentary then said that Jeff finally put an end to this rivalry, but he literally did that weeks ago with the other match. And we all know it’s most likely that this feud still isn’t going to be done.

Asuka and Lana def. Nia and Shayna - There are two stories going on here. One - WWE management has no regard for Lana’s well-being by continuing to have her anywhere near Nia and Shayna, and Two - WWE management have nothing for the Raw women’s champion. This is just stupid now.

I don’t know if this is true but this show felt like a show that was written very, very late today. Some parts were really good, like the triple threat and Alexander and Woods. Raw just seems like an endless cycle of mediocre and just enough creativity that puts a smile on my face enough to warrant a grade higher than a C- every week.
Asuka having an uneventful title run is just depressing.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:40am On Dec 01, 2020
Kaycee7:
Asuka having an uneventful title run is just depressing.

I think maybe they are waiting for Charlotte but it's a pity they can't build any credible challenger for her

NXT is far ahead
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2020
I'm done with Raw, I'm waiting for smackdown
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:41pm On Dec 01, 2020
DanieBlinkz:
I'm done with Raw, I'm waiting for smackdown

Okay sir
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
Kaycee7:
This was a really good spot.
y will they put there hands to help out lol
y not allow them to fall ni haha

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (302) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.