Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (313258 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (301) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:39am On Dec 15, 2020
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

Bray Wyatt came out first to apologize to Orton for things getting out of hand last week.
Because sometimes He has a sick, deranged mind of his own. Bray said he wishes that they got the chance to get along because after TLC there may be nothing left of Orton. So for this show, they’ll have fun and he prepared some jokes.
The first joke was… okay. Measuring vipers in inches because they don’t have feet. Snakes clean their cars with windshield vipers. Meh.
Orton had enough (as did I!) and said that he didn’t realize the Fiend gave him the chance to look the devil in the eyes. Orton admitted he was out-maneuvered but it won’t happen again.
Orton suggested playing hide and seek and Bray accepted.
Bray’s acting in this, while his lines were mostly shit, was pretty great. The way he was enunciating and exaggerating his words like a little kid’s show would was a really nice touch.
While in the back, Bray encountered Riddle, who had a whiteboard and was pitching Bro-Nouns. For Bros and people who talk. Then Bray left and Riddle asked Ramblin’ Rabbit to sign a carrot for his bunny.
One of the only genuine moments of entertainment I had this evening.
Then, Bray saw a rocking chair in a dark room. He entered the room and sat in the chair, looking at it like it was an old memory. Orton attacked, and locked Bray in a trunk. AND THEN ORTON LIT IT ON FIRE AND THE FIEND POPPED OUT! Randy sure likes burning things, doesn’t he?
Fiend put the Mandible Claw in Orton’s mouth again and Orton passed out. That was such a cool moment. I really wish these guys were having a Firefly Fun House match at TLC.

Ascension - In the main event segment, Drew McIntyre and AJ were in the ring for the title ascension. AJ put over the fact that he and Drew have never wrestled together before, and I really like that because it’s rare we get a first time match up. Drew said that he’s always wanted this match. He’s a diamond that’s rough because of his 19 year history trying to get to the top of WWE. Drew puts the title in the holder and then Miz and Morrison attacked.
Drew fended off the losers and Jordan (Now “Omos” I think is how you spell it) tossed the steel steps into the ring to distract Drew, and AJ took McIntyre out at the knee, gave him a Phenomenal Forearm and hit him with a ladder and a chair. AJ climbed the ladder and got the title. Omos makes this interesting because I wouldn’t have picked AJ to win if he was alone. Now, I don’t know!

AJ Styles def. Sheamus - In a world of winners and losers, two losers and one winner presented us with another Dirt Sheet segment. However this time, I may have been a bit more entertained by it than I’d want to admit. AJ can pull off silly, and he’s really the only reason why I was entertained by this.
So Sheamus came out and AJ threw a tree at him, and Sheamus threw a present back, which started the match. Sheamus stretched AJ’s arm back and I sometimes forget how flexible you need to be in order to be a wrestler. He had AJ on the apron and tried to powerbomb him onto the announce table, but Omos caught AJ and gently let him down. AJ locked in a calf crusher on the knee Sheamus was favoring, but Sheamus was able to do White Noise and I thought it was going to be over. AJ actually won with an urgent pin. No finisher! Then Sheamus got stuck in the ropes upside down and AJ battered him with chair shots. Yowie Owie.
So this may end up taking out Sheamus for TLC which will leave Drew all alone. Was quite strange that Drew never came out to help him after the big fight and make up last week. My goodness if Miz actually walks out of the pay-per-view holding the title…I don't know hownid feel about that right now considering the love I have for the Miz

The Hurt Business def. New Day and Jeff Hardy - Before the match, the Hurt Business bullied a crew member backstage and Lashley dumped a whole carton of milk on the dude. He also got some of it on his nice suit. They had to vary the Hurt Business and New Day so they threw Jeff Hardy in and allowed Lashley to team up with his counterparts for the first time in what feels like months.
Hurt Business put the hurt on Kofi once again like last week. Each member took turns looking like they’re showing Kofi as a weak link. Jeff got the hot tag after Shelton took out Woods and Cedric tagged in and hit a sick knee on Jeff. Everyone attacked each other and the urgency from Cedric to get the pin has been wonderful. Jeff was about to do a Swanton bomb but Cedric knocked him off the top rope, then Lashley locked in the Hurt Lock for the win.
Cedric celebrated as if he had scored the victory for the team, and the other men looked at him confused. I am loving this Cedric so much. Nice seeing all Hurt Business men together again, too. I think we may be seeing new tag champs this Sunday!

Mace def. Ricochet - Mace had some decent offense and kicked Ricochet inside out. Ali finally alluded to Mace being the former Dio Maddin replaced by Samoa Joe on commentary so it was nice for that to finally be out there officially. Ricochet took control, and then Ali sent T-Bar and Slapjack to assist but were taken out. Ali then just told Mace to shut him down, and he won the match. Ali telling people to crush their opponents and they just win is a nice way to get the job done. I don’t mind that!
After the match, Ali told Ricochet that this only ends when Ricochet joins RETRIBUTION. At the moment, I feel like I might actually be okay with that. Short term, though. Please don’t let me jinx it.

Riddle def. MVP - MVP started rough with Riddle, who brought out some more BroNuts. Riddle defeated MVP with a Floating Bro in a minute.

Miz and Morrison def. Keith Lee - Garbage. Absolute garbage. Don’t even care how “strong” Keith was booked, pouncing Morrison around and tossing him all over the place. Don’t even care that he was in two submissions at once. Garbage. angry angry Vince should better know what he is doing with Keith

Elias did stuff - Uh… so Jaxson Ryker is back. The Forgotten Son everyone wanted to forget forever. Now he’s been changed by Elias’ music. Now he’s Elias’ bitch. Then they involved the 24/7 title and he beat up Metalik and Tozawa. Hm. Odd choices. (If you couldn’t tell, I don’t give a shit so you’re not getting much from me on this guy.)

Lana def. Nia Jax / Shayna Baszler def. Dana Brooke - What a… finishing move. We saw another Lanacanrana and Lana pinned Nia in unique fashion. Shayna attacked Asuka in the back, and Nia and Shayna battered Lana until Asuka made the save. I… uh… yeah okay.
Don’t care about the second match but HAHAHA they announced Lana isn’t going to be at TLC so what was the point of all of this booking?!? Mandy Rose came back to help Dana and Asuka.

Raw is a skippable show. There’s really no need to sit and watch this for three hours. YouTube and enjoy. TLC is this Sunday and it doesn’t feel as exciting as it should for the Raw side of the show. Everything feels generic.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:05am On Dec 15, 2020
Also, there was a nice new year promo that I enjoyed where all the superstars got to kick 2020's butt with help from 2021...it was nice
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
pu7pl3:
Also, there was a nice new year promo that I enjoyed where all the superstars got to kick 2020's butt with help from 2021...it was nice
Thinking 2021 will be marginally better
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Qu3sT:

Thinking 2021 will be marginally better

No harm on wishful thinking
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2020
WWE NXT Reviews recaps and reactions

Rematch Set
This episode crowned the #1 contender for the New Year’s Evil NXT title match.
This was achieved by pitting Pete Dunne and Kyle O’Reilly against each other. Another match between these was bound to be good. And what would you know? It was!
NXT decided to get all of the overbooking that’s normally reserved for the end of the match over with before the bell even rang. Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch, who accompanied Dunne to the ring, were ganged up on by Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Killian Dain, and a returning Breezango. (Drake Maverick tried but he was laid out immediately so I am not really counting him. Try harder next time, DM.)
Before the bell, this type of booking is fun. It was all the sins of Pat McAfee’s gang coming back to bite them in the ass right here. But more importantly, it left Pete and Kyle to just go ham on each other for 20 minutes. It got the outside action out of the way so it didn’t sully the performance these two men gave by factoring in the end.
This match was a barn burner. Soomuch action. There were a few times that the Bruiserweight seemed to have the upper hand for a little bit of time, but really it was reversing holds and trading stiff shots in various creative ways. It was brutal and it was awesome.
In the end, it was a suplex to the outside (which Kyle delivered by reversing the Bitter End on the apron) and then a knee to the back of the head from the top that earned O’Reilly the end.
It was a war between these two.
This sets up a rematch between Kyle and Finn, an outcome that was a bit surprising. I figured they’d go triple threat or Pete vs. Finn. Instead, they went for the rematch.
I’m certainly not mad about it. The TakeOver: 31 main event was a baller match. And the story is already there with Kyle losing the match but putting Finn on the shelf for months with a broken jaw. There’s less work needed to build a compelling match. And maybe they don’t want Pete to lose a title match just now.
Let’s just hope these men don’t do the damage to each other they did last time around.

A Big L
The main event of this week’s show was a bout between Rhea Ripley and Toni Storm.
There was little to no build for this one. These two have history that could have been further explored. They touched on that history a bit during a video earlier in the evening that helped promote this match, specifically discussing their rivalry in NXT UK. But there was still some more that could have been done. I’m of the opinion that every big match deserves one face to face promo segment prior.
None-the-less, the match was great. These women clearly do not like each other, and they relayed that with their aggression in this match. Given the way this ended and the lack of real build, this is a match I hope they come back to in the future and spend a little more time on.
Raquel González was directly involved in the finish, letting us know that this match was more to set up that program than this being a program of its own. Raquel seemed to come out for her spot prior to her queue when Storm was on the apron instead of Ripley. It was an awkward moment that ended with González meekly being chased back into the crowd.
She returned again when the right woman was on the apron, knocking Rhea off, catching her over her shoulder, and running the Nightmare head first into the steel post. Storm took it from there, nailed the Aussie’s head in the corner and then putting her away with Storm Zero.
So this was one Rhea’s losses, It was protected, but it is still an L. And conversely, it’s a big win for Storm heading into her next feud, whether it be against Ember Moon or Io Shirai.
Ripley will surely face Raquel González, probably at New Year’s Evil. And once again, she’ll probably take another loss. We’ve speculated here that this is Rhea putting people over before going to the main roster. If not, then they’re going to need to tell a story of Ripley once again suffering a set back.
All the matches should be good. The women’s scene in NXT is superb. The big question is what happens with the Nightmare when it’s all said and done?

A Winning Way
This is the Way.
Because of course proud nerd Johnny Gargano would name his stable after a phrase from the Mandalorian. Sasha Banks would approve.
Austin Theory picked up his first win in ages teaming with Johnny as they faced Leon Ruff and Kushida. Theory took advantage of a blind tag, catching Ruff unaware and hitting his finish (now named “This is the Way”) for the win.
This establishes that Gargano is in fact the way for Theory to find success in NXT. Though I’m still not sold on Austin’s place in the group. The Garganos’ other padawan Indi Hartwell fits. She reacts to Johnny’s ridiculous BS very well. But Austin doesn’t click with the group like she does, at least not yet. He’s still a rather dull character. Maybe that’s something they’ll play with. It’s still early. But I’m not sold.
Giving Austin an elusive win meant Kushida picked up a rare loss. Now he wasn’t involved in this match much at all and certainly wasn’t involved in the finish. Leon did the lion’s share of the work.
So this loss doesn’t hinder Kushida at all and we’re likely headed towards a North American title feud for the Japanese superstar. While that’s a bit disappointing because I had my hopes up for a match with Bálor, the more I think about it, the more I come around to it.
The NXT title scene is very busy right now, especially with Karrion Kross back. A strong run with the North American title can allow Kushida continue to build his resume in NXT for a main title opportunity that is even more earned.
But that’s getting ahead of ourselves. He needs to earn a match with Johnny for the burgundy strap first.

Big Debut Match
It looks like NXT is high on this Tyler Rust guy.
He debuted just last week to help Timothy Thatcher, even though he’s not actually associated with Thatcher. Meanwhile manager extraordinaire Malcolm Bivens was trying to recruit him backstage, recruit him before he even had a match in NXT. It all felt like we were at a part in his story where I should know more about who he is but don’t.
Rust’s match with Tommaso Ciampa this week, stemming from Tyler inexplicably aiding Thatch, proved that Bivens has an eye for talent. Because Tyler Rust took Ciampa to the limit.
On paper, this should have been one segment where Ciampa easily dispensed with the NXT newcomer. But instead, this match went two segments and there were legitimately spots where I thought Rust could score a major upset. He didn’t. He succumbed to Willow’s Bell. But he came very close. The announce team made sure to put him over big time as a future star in NXT.
A weird debut one week and a strong showing another doesn’t mean he’s getting the world title this year. But the amount of offense he had against an NXT great was definitely notable. The night ended with him apparently joining Bivens Enterprises so we’ll see where that takes both men.
Throughout all this, Ciampa and Thatcher played their mind games with each other, but nothing really moved in that regard.

All the rest:
- Karrion Kross squashed one Desmond Troy before telling Damian Priest he’ll see him at New Year’s Evil. Part of me was hoping Priest would attack Kross during his sacred entrance. Maybe next time.

- The torture for Boa and Xia Li continues. It really is time to start moving this along.

- Indi Hartwell got herself DQ’d against Shotzi Blackheart when she used Candice’s WarGames trophy against Shotz right in front of the referee. While there was an actual corner botch earlier, her failing to cheat behind the ref’s back was a planned one. Despite them still getting the best of Blackheart after the bell, Candice and Johnny’s wrestle kids still have some work to do.

There were two great matches this week - the main event and the #1 contender’s match. Nothing else was essential
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2020
Alexistaiwo, get in here
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
So karrion Kross is just a less talented king constable Corbin with an overtly elaborate entrance and sh*tty tattoos....an unimpressive in-ring worker who walks around with a look on his face that seems to indicate that he just pooped his pants and the smell is just starting to permeate the ring.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
SmackDown is this Friday.
This got me thinking though. Is Paul right? And is WWE planning anything new for Big E?

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
Qu3sT:
So karrion Kross is just a less talented king constable Corbin with an overtly elaborate entrance and sh*tty tattoos....an unimpressive in-ring worker who walks around with a look on his face that seems to indicate that he just pooped his pants and the smell is just starting to permeate the ring.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
ValeeLove:
SmackDown is this Friday.

This got me thinking though.
Is Paul right? And is WWE planning anything new for Big E?
That's pretty poignant.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:48am On Dec 19, 2020
WWE Smackdown reviews recaps and reactions

Die trying
Kevin Owens started the show by calling Roman Reigns a coward, and that that is what his family must see in him too.
Well sheesh, man. Below the belt. Savage.
(No, not really. Roman Reigns is an evil cowardly jerk.)
Paul Heyman appeared on the tron and said Owens is a masochist and a martyr, willing to do whatever it takes to win the Universal Championship. Because of this, he needs to be eradicated. Owens went to go find Reigns, and Reigns went another way around the arena and went out to the ring.
Then an incensed Owens just tood in the back where Heyman was standing watching Reigns talk on the monitor. A bit strange.
Reigns said he’s on his “The Guy” ish and he wants Owens to call him the Tribal Chief and the head of his family’s table (titled my recap of this feud that very thing last week!) and Owens came out and Jey Uso attacked him. Reigns joined in, and then later, told Jey to put Owens down for good. So Jey smashed a chair against Owens’ back as Adam Pearce and a referee were helping him walk through a hallway.
A doctor was checking on Owens in a room, and then Jey attacked him AGAIN and put him through a table. Reigns came out later and berated Owens for not giving in and Owens came out again because you can’t kill this dude.
So Jey and Roman buried him in tables, ladders, and chairs. Buried him. Put him through two of those tables, too!
And after all that, Kevin Freakin’ Owens climbed out from the rubble, sat in a chair, and said he’s going to die trying to get the Universal Championship back.
Wheeeeew. Kevin Owens is one of my favorite people on Earth, and I have been injected with adrenaline. I was a little concerned at how the next feud after the excellent stuff with Jey would go, but my concerns have disappeared.
This match is going to be violent. Delicious violence. Let’s goooooo!

Run it back
Sasha’s gonna have to fight her true instincts to go wild and tear her apart, and she can’t win that fight. Sasha has been holding her title longer than she ever has before, but she can’t handle pressure. Carmella chose to have champagne and her sommelier was about to deliver it to her, but Sasha’s music hit and he went to the ramp to interfere.
She snuck attack from behind and the dude tried again to pull her away, and she again attacked her, and Carmella again smashed a bottle on her back.
All of this is fine. I really have enjoyed the dynamic here for the most part, and Carmella’s been doing some of her best promo work.
It’s just… you know like I can’t help but think that the real life version of this would have Sasha looking way better. I’m imagining Carmella in a cloud thinking her life is better than everyone, especially Sasha, and then Sasha comes out laughing her ass off as every scene she’s in on The Mandalorian plays
What’s worse, I really can’t stand the stupid babyface syndrome stuff, especially when it happens to the same person back to back. She did the exact same thing last week! So did the sommelier! So did Carmella! Why run back the same exact thing and not have Sasha look smarter? Come on.
Both ladies were serving looks though, really hot stuff

The Sami Awards - This. Was. Awesome.
A video package played and showed us all of the times that Zayn used the noggin to get himself wins in all of his latest matches. He first presented the award for “Best Comeback of the Year” and the winner - Sami Zayn! The second award was for “Best Match of the Year”. The winner - Sami Zayn! And finally for “Superstar of the Year”, the winner - Sami Za… uh… Big E!
Big E came out to happily accept the award (which he fixed for himself before this segment) and thanked his Mom. So wholesome. Zayn tried interrupting but each time, E shoved him to the side. Zayn shoved him off the mic and said there was a mistake, and then E attacked him and smashed his Sami Award. I loved all of this. Let’s get that Intercontinental Championship on a new waist.

Bayley defeated Bianca Belair - Y’all. What the hell? All Bayley has been doing is losing, and Bianca had a win streak (excluding Survivor Series of course) and we had to have this? This is so typical WWE. Bayley lost to Natalya recently. NATALYA! And Bianca won pinning Natalya a few weeks back. Yes it wasn’t a clean loss, but raking the eyes shouldn’t incapacitate someone. It’s so much easier to just build this better. They’re going to run this back again and Bianca will win. I love Bayley but WWE doesn’t have to be lazy. You don’t have to accept the shit lazy booking from them. I won’t!

Give me all the Billie Kay segments please (Riott Squad defeated Billie Kay and Tamina) - please give me this all the time. This is how Billie Kay should be booked. She finds a new partner, the partner does most of the work, she tags in and then loses, the partner gets upset at her and she has to find someone else. Yay for a Riott Squad win! But yeah please more of this.

Otis defeated Shinsuke Nakamura - Shinsuke Nakamura has had quite a fall from grace, but I don’t think that Nakamura is the Nakamura of old anymore. Well I don’t think, I know. It’s obvious. Otis won here by doing a different move thanks to guidance from Chad Gable - a suplex and Vader Bomb. Then Gable told him that he shouldn’t have done the move that he told him to do. This is starting to get a little weird so I hope we get some clarification on where this is going soon.

Street Profits defeated Dolph Ziggler and Bobby Roode - So, let’s be real. The match was fine. It was so generic because it’s everything that Ziggler, Roode, Dawkins, and Ford have done with each other for the past few weeks. Ziggler and Roode cheat to try and win, Tez plays the babyface in peril, Dawkins gets the hot tag, Tez does extremely insane high flying frog splash and that either gets the win, or gets broken up. K. Cool. The most interesting part was after the match when the heels were whining and Charles Robinson got up in their faces and yelled that if they kept it up they’d be suspended.
That was the most interesting part about all of this. Running things back is WWE’s motus operandi, as we discussed a few times in this recap.

Alright, y’all. SmackDown is the Roman Reigns show and that’s been very much established. WWE can do really great and amazing things when they want to. They just… don’t. Like, come on guys. A couple of good things get sprinkled in, but make these shows as a whole more exciting. Especially Raw. My god
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2020
The Sami awards is rigged, how can a whole big e win superstar of the year...smh my head

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 6:29pm On Dec 19, 2020
Qu3sT:
The Sami awards is rigged, how can a whole big e win superstar of the year...smh my head

I was shocked at the blatant corruption, even beating up the host, that was uncalled for
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
Is it just my sister or is Pete Dunne more ripped than he was before?

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
pu7pl3:
WWE NXT Reviews recaps and reactions

All the rest:
- Karrion Kross squashed one Desmond Troy before telling Damian Priest he’ll see him at New Year’s Evil. Part of me was hoping Priest would attack Kross during his sacred entrance. Maybe next time.
I was expecting the attack too.

- The torture for Boa and Xia Li continues. It really is time to start moving this along.
You're so impatient. undecided

There were two great matches this week - the main event and the #1 contender’s match. Nothing else was essential
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
Qu3sT:
Eez like you want to fall and pray

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
Kaycee7:
I was expecting the attack too.

You're so impatient. undecided

Bruh they have been dragging that angle for over a month, forgive me if I seem impatient
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
Kaycee7:
Is it just my sister or is Pete Dunne more ripped than he was before?

Definitely more ripped...

When will you introduce me to your sister bro smiley
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
pu7pl3:

I was shocked at the blatant corruption, even beating up the host, that was uncalled for
STOP THE COUNT!

only legal votes should've been counted, rigged election is what many people are saying.... We will get to the bottom of this massive election fraud.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2020
pu7pl3:

Definitely more ripped...

When will you introduce me to your sister bro smiley
When you win this Battle Royal grin grin

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 11:31pm On Dec 19, 2020
pu7pl3:

Bruh they have been dragging that angle for over a month, forgive me if I seem impatient
I don't have any problem with however long they want to drag it out. I just want the endgame to be satisfying.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:21am On Dec 20, 2020
Qu3sT:

STOP THE COUNT!

only legal votes should've been counted, rigged election is what many people are saying.... We will get to the bottom of this massive election fraud.

thank goodness our judicial system is not broken
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:22am On Dec 20, 2020
Kaycee7:
When you win this Battle Royal grin grin

Piece of cake, let me at em angry

[img]https://c./ubZKvxLr7mEAAAAM/scrappydoo.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
Qu3sT:

How it'll go down
[img]https://media1./images/bd6812e3e7f179ed3271f4cc81d7f650/tenor.gif?itemid=14720264[/img]
grin

grin grin I been think say you rate me before sha grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 1:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
pu7pl3:

grin grin I been think say you rate me before sha grin
You no see faces wey him say make u fight, na die you won just die.

Abeg leave d matter, no go dey do pass urself
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
Qu3sT:

You no see faces wey him say make u fight, na die you won just die.

Abeg leave d matter, no go dey do pass urself

you can't even give someone moral support cry

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
Where Aleister black don go hide na?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2020
Qu3sT:
Where Aleister black don go hide na?

He wanted to go back to NXT due to the poor storylines they mad whom participate in but he was denied, they sacked his wife, man is just taking some time off
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:32am On Dec 21, 2020
WWE TLC reviews recaps and reactions

Fatality
Kevin Owens caught us all off guard and attacked Reigns as the championship was being risen above the ring!
He tossed Reigns all over and did a frog splash to the floor. He tossed a ladder in, and then Jey Uso immediately tried to interfere and Owens put him out. He showered Jey in chair shots and injured his ankle. Reigns came back into it and grabbed the steel steps, slamming it into Owens.
Reigns made him pay with a dozen chair and ladder spots. Owens got the upper hand again but not for long, and Reigns dropped him through two chairs set up. Finally, Roman set up a ladder and started climbing, but Owens grabbed another chair and hit him. My god the violence! Jey returned on one good leg to assist again.
They put tables in the ring, but Owens showed signs of life again and hit a Stunner on Reigns! He put Jey through the announce table with the pop up powerbomb and Owens put all the pieces of the table over him. Reigns powerbombed Owens onto a ladder twice and then chokeslammed Owens through one table and gave him a Samoan drop to another on the outside.
Reigns climbed up the ladder and somehow Owens got back in the ring. (Roman’s face and laughter at the sheer craziness of Kevin’s was great!) So for his troubles, Owens got speared through another table and Owens said “You’re going to have to kill me!” Owens moved as Reigns speared himself through the barricade and then he climbed up the ladder in the ring and I almost thought Owens was grabbing the title, but Roman came back.
Owens pop up powerbombed Roman through a table! He climbed up the ladder again but Reigns low-blowed him through the ladder and grabbed the title.
Holy shit. Holy. Shit. This was unreal. I had goosebumps watching this whole thing. Did they do a great job making Jey Uso a bastard in this or what? He never gave up no matter how much Owens beat him down. He is the reason why Roman retained.
Roman and Kevin just blew me out of the water with how physically violent they were. The whole area was just bent chairs and broken tables. Unbelievably brutal. Owens is this generation’s Mick Foley. He deserves all the praise in the world. Really excited to see if they play into Jey’s role going forward.

Murder
The video package they played before this was really wonderful. They went through the whole history of Wyatt and Orton from a few years ago to a sinister creepy sounding rendition of Silent Night.
Orton started by punching and kicking the Fiend, but he just laughed at him. He dominated for the first minute and then Orton got put in the sister Abigail. The Fiend then set the ThunderDome on fire with these really cool spiral flames.
Fiend grabbed a strap and gave Orton his lashes, and then lit the strap on fire, but Orton ducked it. Fiend grabbed the rocking chair and poured gas all over it. Orton just got out of the way of being lit on fire and grabbed the steel steps to slow him down.
Orton hit the DDT on the floor and almost hit the RKO but Fiend put the Mandible Claw on the Fiend and Orton reversed it and lit Fiend on fire. Orton RKO’d a lit Fiend in the ring and then looked concerned when he laid motionless. Quickly he snapped out of that and grabbed the gas tank and poured gas on the motionless Fiend.
Randall Keith Orton committed a murder, y’all. What’s worse, he reveled in it and did the pose! Randy Orton is more sinister than the Fiend.
While the visual was exciting and horrifying, it showed us that The Fiend was actually the… babyface? Really? I’m torn on that. I don’t like that. Plus, this probably won’t lead to the Fiend actually being gone.
The main question is will Randy get arrested for… yeah I know he isn’t going to get arrested. Oh! What if the Fiend gets reincarnated into Alexa’s body? That’s a weird and strange potential idea I just had. Could be… fun?

Unsuccessful cash in
Styles really bumped and sold his ass off throughout this bout. McIntyre was getting the upper hand for most of the start, until he finally set up a ladder in the ring and Styles slammed his back with a chair twice. Styles tried to do a Styles Clash onto the ladder but was unsuccessful.
What was successful however, was the Calf Crusher through the ladder! Ow! And if you thought that was bad, Styles did another Calf Crusher through a steel chair. McIntyre had the wherewithal to crawl to the ladder and slam Styles’ head against it. Styles hit McIntyre with a ladder in the face and man Drew was so close to not getting his hands up in time.
Styles set him up on a table and went to the top rope, and McIntyre threw a chair at him and then threw a table into the ring. He really sold the worked over knee well and made sure to favor it while carrying things and walking around. Styles was sent into the ladder in the classic powerbomb/overhead belly to belly spot we see in these matches.
And then as Drew climbed up the ladder, Miz came down and cashed in his MITB contract, but Omos climbed into the ring and picked Miz off of the ladder and through a table on the floor. Morrison hit Omos with a chair and the chair literally broke into pieces and I loved that spot. He chased Morrison off and ladders were set up together and all three men were up. Drew fought off the other men and got the title for the win.
I cannot begin to tell you how elated I am that the Money in the Bank stuff is finally done. Omos is a big time babyface to me now. (He’s not obviously but humor me people.) Everything was actually done very well, and we didn’t need any extra stuff besides the few moments between Omos and Morrison. That was perfect.
As a result, I loved this match. No Sheamus, no Keith Lee, no other types of stupid things but Drew, AJ, and Miz in the end without shenanigans. Thank you!
What’s to come after this though, will probably be all types of these shenanigans. But at least for now, I’m satisfied.

Prime Alexander
They really did great telling the story here.
Cedric has been the guy acting all cocky and confident, so the perfect thing to do here was have New Day be dominant over him to start the match. Kofi did a sick frog splash for a near fall, but Alexander tagged Benjamin.
New Day worked Benjamin over in classic tag team fashion but Alexander was able to isolate Woods from Kofi. They worked over his arm. Kofi was about to do the boom drop but Benjamin caught him mid-air and Alexander tagged in, Kofi hit Trouble in Paradise but Cedric actually kicked out.
Everyone collided with each other and then brilliantly, Cedric tagged himself in after Shelton was waiting for Kofi to get back up and hit his finisher. Cedric did the Lumbar Check and won.
Brilliant. Exactly how I thought it would happen, and I’m so glad. His last words before the cameras cut were PRIME ALEXANDER! I’ve been loving this story so I hope that cockiness grows from this win.
As for New Day, they’ll look great in the chase and honestly they’re really the only other tag team on Raw. But now that the MITB nonsense is done, Miz and Morrison can go back to being an actual tag team like I mentioned last Monday.

Return of the Queen
Billie Kay gave Asuka a headshot/resume and revealed that she made her own mask (out of a gold paper plate) and it was brilliant. Her comedic stuff is great.
However, it wasn’t Billie Kay. Charlotte Flair returned to stand with Asuka. Asuka started with Shayna, but Flair asked to be tagged in and she told Shayna to get out and tag in Nia. Flair tried to get Nia down, but she held her own and Asuka tagged back in. Asuka had some real fire and urgency to put Nia down but didn’t work.
Shayna worked over Asuka’s arm and both she and Nia isolated Asuka in their corner. Shayna tried to prevent Flair from tagging but it didn’t work. Flair got the famous chops in on Nia and then she took Shayna out again. Charlotte did her fantastic
moonsault off the top rope to the tag champions.
Flair put Shayna in a figure 8 and Nia interfered, but Asuka hit her with the hip attack. Charlotte Flair hit Natural Selection on Shayna for the win.
This was a really good match. You can say what you want about Charlotte being in this but it did make sense, given the fact that Nia is the one that took her out in storyline over the summer. I didn’t mind this at all. Though I do think it’s not lasting too long, because we know what Charlotte really wants.

The Rest
Sasha Banks defeated Carmella - I just want to come right out and say that sommelier Reginald needs to have a pay raise for probably saving Carmella’s life in this match. Banks threw her out of the ring and Reginald was right there to make the catch, which was the spot but Carmella got caught in the ropes. Carmella kept playing mind games, talking down Banks throughout her moments of dominance. Banks hit the Three Amigos and frog splash for a near fall. Banks’ head got spiked on the mat during Carmella’s facebuster and had no way to protect her head, my goodness.
Really cool spot with a huricanrana rolled through into a pin for a near fall for Sasha. She had Carmella locked in a Bank Statement and Reginald pulled Carmella out this time, again was legal in the referee’s eyes. But Sasha took him out and locked in another Bank Statement for the win. It’s very weird how Reginald was able to interfere the same way in three separate matches and never have it lead to a DQ. The DQ company can’t DQ a blatant DQ but will go through heaven and hell to DQ other matches at random. Glad that Sasha retained, though. Don’t know where this leads to Royal Rumble, but I could see maybe one more match between these two.

Big E warns Sami Zayn - In the back, Sami confronted Big E about the Tom Cruise-esque audio that was leaked where Sami berated the production people regarding the Sami Awards segment on Friday. Sami told E that he was floundering since going solo, and then backed up and walked away as E got angry. Then it was revealed that Big E will have an Intercontinental Title match on SmackDown! I said back in July that Big E needed a run with this title, and I’m hoping we get it!

WWE did the thing where they tell phenomenal and logical stories on pay-per-view. Meanwhile, they’ve been coasting on laziness for television. Why can’t the greatness translate to TV? If the Inferno Match stuff wasn’t a bit weird with the booking, this show probably would have been an A+.

Grade: A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
it just hit me, Charlotte is now a GrandSlam champion, now all she needs is to win the money in the bank briefcase (she hasn't won it right?)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (301) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.