Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (288204 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

I want Alexa and the Fiend to be together forever grin

I think Jey will get his mojo back and snap out of the stolkhom syndrom when his brother is cleared to wrestle
[img]https://media1./images/0a74922439d02f6426347e15929ff0f4/tenor.gif?itemid=13199396[/img]
Out here endorsing psychopathic behaviours. undecided
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2020
Qu3sT:

[img]https://media1./images/0a74922439d02f6426347e15929ff0f4/tenor.gif?itemid=13199396[/img]
Out here endorsing psychopathic behaviours. undecided

Isn't it already clear that they were meant for eachother? I say we give true love a chance whenever we see it smiley
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:14pm On Dec 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

Isn't it already clear that they were meant for eachother? I say we give true love a chance whenever we see it smiley
Can't argue with love esp. reciprocated one. The heart wants what the heart wants

Is what I would've said but f*ck that, It doesn't sit right with me.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:20pm On Dec 05, 2020
Qu3sT:

Can't argue with love esp. reciprocated one. The heart wants what the heart wants

Is what I would've said but f*ck that, It doesn't sit right with me.

Even monsters deserve love smiley
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

Even monsters deserve love smiley
Make him go find sister Abigail. Thunder fire monster
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
Qu3sT:

Make him go find sister Abigail. Thunder fire monster

Alexa is better than sister Abigail...even if na you bro won't you choose Alexa? grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

Alexa is better than sister Abigail...even if na you bro won't you choose Alexa? grin grin
For where bayley dey?

All am sayin is make the guy free her.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2020
Qu3sT:

For where bayley dey?

All am sayin is make the guy free her.

No no no I mean between sister Abigail and Alexa grin who would you choose
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

No no no I mean between sister Abigail and Alexa grin who would you choose
Quick question, have you ever seen sister Abigail?

So your question is one sided.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2020
Qu3sT:

Quick question, have you ever seen sister Abigail?

So your question is one sided.

Yes now...that doll that always sits beside those frames grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2020
Meanwhile

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

Yes now...that doll that always sits beside those frames grin
[img]https://media1./images/3334cc6ca25186c72334c0bda35a3d62/tenor.gif?itemid=8493709[/img]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2020

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2020
pu7pl3:
Meanwhile
So Otis just list his mitb briefcase and isn't doing anything about it. What a disgrace.

Randy entering the lion's den.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:20pm On Dec 05, 2020
Qu3sT:

So Otis just list his mitb briefcase and isn't doing anything about it. What a disgrace.

Randy entering the lion's den.

That's why they moved Miz to Raw...they bend the rules however they see fit
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2020
pu7pl3:

That's why they moved Miz to Raw...they bend the rules however they see fit
Except when he appeared on raw in a luchadore disguise, him get luck say Santos Escobar no see am.... na die him for die.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2020
Qu3sT:

Except when he appeared on raw in a luchadore disguise, him get luck say Santos Escobar no see am.... na die him for die.

grin grin Legado that doesn't play with tradition
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 4:51pm On Dec 07, 2020
WWE NXT WarGames reviews recaps and reactions (sorry for the wait)

Undisputed ERA def. the Kings of NXT in WarGames
The women’s WarGames opened and the men’s WarGames closed this show.
The men had a fun match. It went about 45 minutes with enough false finishes that extended the match another segment that it felt like the Return of the King. But they were some legit nearfalls and the last ten minutes of the match were probably the best part.
The Undisputed ERA got their revenge after going to war with Pat McAfee and crew. This match allowed Pat to hit his spots - a moonsault through a table, getting tossed from the top turnbuckle through a different table half way across the ring, a senton from the top of WarGames - while allowing the seasoned professionals to fill in the blanks in between. With his fantastic heel attitude, he again proved to be an asset to NXT.
ERA got a moment when they were able to isolate McAfee and went to town on him (something that would bite them in the arse because it allowed the other three members of his team to recover and extend the match). That was a moment we needed, even if it did not lead to the finish. Pat needed to get his after all his hubris and all his scheming. Hell, he even had four tables, each with a name of an ERA member, marking that table for their destruction. Roddy went through his, but McAfee went through O’Reilly’s later in the evening.
Undisputed got the win in the end, with Kyle O’Reilly picking up a pinfall on a f’d up looking Oney Lorcan, maybe establishing him as ERA’s top guy instead of Cole.
So all that is good. Unfortunately, I was ready for it to be over well before it was.
That wasn’t the fault of the match. That was the byproduct of having two WarGames on the card. And unlike last year, NXT didn’t book one match unique enough to separate the two. (Last year, the women had a big heel turn leading to a 4 on 2 handicap match, a stark difference from the men’s match.) The men played theirs less chaotic, and had the heat between the teams more than the women, but it still wasn’t enough for them to feel unique.
Unlike many other gimmick matches, WarGames is designed to be long. The period of entrances themselves takes 30 minutes. The match doesn’t even officially start for half an hour. And because they had three other matches instead of two, matches that ranged from OK to good, it was easier to tire out by the time the men’s war was over.
Surely some people enjoyed having two fun WarGames in one night. But this year for me, having two meant detracting from the other. I would have appreciated either as the main event as the only WarGames match. Two just had me WarGames’d out.

Team Candice (Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, Raquel González, & Toni Storm) def. Team Shotzi (Shotzi Blackheart, Io Shirai, Rhea Ripley, & Ember Moon)
Since this was the opening match, it didn’t suffer from being the second WarGames on the card. That left me appreciating it a bit more.
It was an overall a by-the-books WarGames, outside the babyfaces having the person advantage. They used the babyface advantage to showcase Raquel González and later, still gave the heels the edge anyway when Candice LeRae’s team kept Io Shirai from entering the ring.
That was a creative way to make sure the good gals didn’t have it too easy. Raquel kept Io Shirai (the last member of Shotzi Blackheart’s team to enter) from getting in the ring via the front door. Toni Storm helped by using her belt to keep that door closed. Because of this, and an attack from Indi Hartwell, LeRae entered the ring prior to Io, giving the heels a 4 on 3 advantage anyway.
This all led to a fun spot where Io Shirai climbed the structure, put a garbage can over her head, and coffin dropped onto the mass of people in the ring.
The rest of the match was a sequence of different wild spots, but there was no specific flow to it. It was chaos, which to be fair, is what WarGames is all about. The women didn’t have the hatred between teams like the men’s match had, but it was enjoyable none-the-less.
The villains won this match when González powerbombed Shirai through a ladder, earning her and her team the 1-2-3. This surely sets her up as Io’s next challenger. In the meantime, Shotzi Blackheart can still feud with LeRae, given neither of them were a factor in the finish. And Ember Moon can try to get her revenge against Toni Storm for betraying her weeks back.

Johnny Gargano def. Leon Ruff (c) & Damian Priest to win the North American title
All in all, this was a fun match that started to lose me in the end.
The most compelling story of this match, and this feud, was Leon Ruff’s insistence that he is more than a joke or a fluke. Despite his insistence, Damian Priest’s refused to actually see him that way.
This played out in this bout. The Archer of Infamy was reluctant to really go after the North American champ. At one point, Ruff went for a dive on Priest outside the ring and Damian just caught him, gently placing him down. This pissed off Ruff, who socked Priest. That infuriated the goth brawler, who delivered a Razor’s Edge to the small man into the plexiglass separating the fans. His action immediately filled him with regret, and in that way, he still wasn’t giving Ruff his due.
Leon was taken away by medical personnel but then returned to try to show both men he deserved to be here. At this point, Priest would fight the champ, but his heart still didn’t seem into it.
This story would take a backseat to Johnny and his mysterious Ghostfaces, and that’s when the match slightly veered off track. Because Gargano didn’t just have one or two masked individuals, like implied on Wednesday. He had six.
That’s overkill. Especially when we’re only months removed from seeing a group of masked losers on the main roster in similar situations. And it’s not fair that NXT has to book with WWE in mind, but they still have to for all the fans who overlap.
Even if these numerous scream masks didn’t come off as RetriBOOtion (I did not come up with that and given how corny it is, I don’t want credit), having Damian overcome six guys is overkill. There’s nothing they couldn’t accomplish with just one or two of them, especially if the future isn’t a Gargano stable. Because why would Johnny suddenly stop using six guys if he has six guys at his disposal.
Only one person took off their mask. They were revealed as Austin Theory, something that most people would have predicted. We’ll hold judgement of this angle to see how Theory fits in with Johnny and whether or not the new North American champions has more members to reveal.

Tommaso Ciampa def. Timothy Thatcher
Tommaso Ciampa survived a battle with Timothy Thatcher.
These men were brutal to each other. Thatcher targeted Tommaso’s neck and throat, in essence targeting his career threatening injury. Ciampa was also mean. At one point, he noticed Tim’s ear was bleeding so he let go of a Reverse Chinlock, pounded his fist into that ear repeatedly, and then locked the submission back in.
These men continued their punishment of each other. The fight made its way to the ring apron. The first time, Tim pulled Tom throat first into the rope - a brutal move. The next the fight ended up there, it was all Ciampa, who delivered delivered a pump kick, chops, and then his Willow’s Bell finisher.
The match was really entertaining. But once again, we have a “close but not quite” moment for Thatcher. There are only so many times a wrestler can go the distance without winning a big fight before we just figure he can’t get it done. It ceases to do them any favors.
NXT is good at getting people where they need to be so Tim will be OK as long as they want him to be.

Dexter Lumis def. Cameron Grimes in a strap match
This match was fine, but is was the blowoff of a feud that should have ended back at Halloween Havoc.
Like that feud, this match probably went longer than it needed to. It wasn’t bad. It had its moments. Cameron Grimes played the heel when he insisted they use the strap he brought and not the official strap just to score a cheap shot on his opponent. The match ended the right way, with Lumis submitting Grimes. But it felt too long in the middle for a feud that had worn out its welcome.
It’s time to see what they do with Lumis next. He deserves a North American title shot. Though I’m not sure how much I want to see him in a feud with Gargano, another smaller heel like Grimes is. I’d prefer him face someone like Damian Priest to see some big dudes collide.

This was a solid show, but one that I feel suffered from having both standard WarGames matches with not enough thematically to separate them. The North American title match was strong, but overbooked the finish with all those Ghostfaces. Thatcher/Ciampa was really good. Lumis/Grimes was fine but inessential.

Grade: B-

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
A Great night for the Garganos
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2020
The Man is now a mum.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by 100naira(m): 10:13am On Dec 08, 2020
ValeeLove:
The Man is now a mum.
she's no longer the man, na mama she be now.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:32am On Dec 08, 2020
WWE Raw Reviews recaps and reactions

Orton started the show saying that there are no boundaries he will not cross. He played himself up as even more evil than the Fiend.
Bray Wyatt showed up on the tron and decided to play a twisted version of The Price is Right with him called “Let’s Get Randy” and that got a laugh out of me. So Orton decided he wanted a match with Bray since has the Fiend at TLC, and Bray accepted.
So for the main event, Bray and Randy fought. As much as they’ve screwed up Bray since last year’s Hell in a Cell, I still pop for his Firefly Fun House music entrance. It’s such a great entrance theme.
Bray countered the Orton table spot and switched it around on Orton. We don’t see that very often. I really enjoy Bray being his Mr. Rogers character until he gets into the ring and becomes like old Bray.
Orton gave Bray the DDT and was setting up the RKO when the lights went out. To be honest, Alexa was out and I was thinking we were going to get a new lady-Fiend with Alexa in a new mask. I wonder if they will end up doing that leading up to TLC. Right before the lights went totally out, Orton hit the RKO very smart since people usually just look around and don’t try to at least win.
The lights came back and the Fiend was laying where Bray was, and locked the Mandible Claw on Orton. Orton tried to fight out of it, but passed out. This was a great ending. I’m going to miss these types of moments when we go back live in front of crowds, whenever that ends up happening.
Orton and Fiend could have a Fun House match with their history. I want that, but I know we won’t get it.

Drew and Sheamus friendship theater
Miz TV is 9.5/10 times a mizerable, awful segment nowadays
No different here. They played Sheamus and Drew theater, and this is what the whole story is turning out to be, all while we have AJ Styles as the contender at TLC and Miz as the Money in the Bank holder. Think of it as layers, but bad. Like a spoiled 7 layer cookie.
What the match did was reveal a few things.
First, Morrison is CRAZY athletic (which we knew already but my god!) because Drew was throwing him like he weighed a pound and he absorbed all of that. He flipped all over in this match, too. And he got thrown into a seated position on one of the commentary chairs. Second, AJ was rightfully cowering away from the match until he could take advantage. He and Drew have never faced each other before and I would have liked their first real interaction to be that first match. We can’t have that, though. Never in WWE.
The last thing, and now the worst thing in my opinion, is the absolute lack of common sense. At least the way they are presenting this “Will Sheamus turn on Drew” story. Before Sheamus went out to interrupt Miz TV, Keith Lee went up to him and said it was only a matter of time before he turns on his best friend. All commentary did was talk about Drew and Sheamus as best friends.
Guys. Stop.
Let it just… happen. Organically! I already don’t want to see Sheamus turn. I’m actually digging him in this role. If anything, Keith Lee should be the one turning for planting this seed the past two weeks. And hell, it’ll give Keith something different to do. This is annoying.
Anyway, we just had to get the spot. Sheamus accidentally Brogue Kicked Drew and Styles took advantage to get the win for the heels. They did the camera shot of Sheamus looking like a kid who spilled his milk on the carpet as Drew looked on angrily. Then they went backstage and brawled, and Pat Buck tried to separate them. Pat Buck got what he… deserved? Drew and Sheamus stopped fighting and put Pat through a table and hugged.
No. Stop.

The Rest
Bobby Lashley def. Jeff Hardy - Wow these two had an absolute banger. And the best part is that no one was hurt by this loss. Before the match, Riddle wanted to do Hardy Bros with Jeff and was holding Bronutss box with donuts. Hardy got out of a gut wrench and did a leg drop and then blocked a hurt lock! MVP tried to interfere but Riddle came out and evened the odds. I really enjoyed this match, and it actually ended up becoming my match of the night.

Kofi Kingston def. Shelton Benjamin / Cedric Alexander def. Kofi Kingston - Benjamin started by throwing Kingston all over the place. He was able to get Kingston in a really cool twisted ankle lock and tossed Kofi out to the floor. I thought he tweaked something in his leg, that’s how good of a seller he is. Benjamin fell to a Trouble in Paradise and then Cedric said nah we running this back. And once again… they just gave him the match. They did this I believe two weeks ago with Shelton and Cedric. Why?!?
And now we know why. Alexander and Kingston still had themselves a great match. Cedric attacked the “injured” leg of Kofi’s. He hit himself a great lumbar check. That move really looks devastating. So, Cedric celebrated by doing the classic belt around the waist movement and commentary asked if it was enough to earn a tag team title match later on. It… shouldn’t though. Cedric beat both tag champs. Shelton lost in both matches he was in. I don’t really get how that works. I really like the desperation of Cedric’s lately. He wants to win, and I’m liking this new part of him. I just wish that it was leading to like a U.S. Title match or a contender spot for the WWE title, and not “I win my matches against the tag champs while my partner loses literally all the time.”

Ricochet and Dana Brooke def. Slapjack and Reckoning - We’re… doing something here and I don’t know what it is. This was your standard quick Ricochet match with a crazy high flying spot and another loss for Mia Yim so that Ali could berate her in the ring. This is what happens when WWE decides not to stick to original character development that they booked and turn it up to ridiculousness. This is already not the RETRIBUTION from just a month ago.

Asuka def. Shayna Baszler - I actually did not hate this one like I thought I was going to, and it was because of one specific thing - LANA HURRICANRANA! (It even rhymes!) I actually popped for that moment and it helped. The Kirifuda Clutch doesn’t end many matches anymore, and this one was no different. Yes, Shayna Baszler shouldn’t be losing to the woman she should have faced for the Raw women’s title months ago, but like I said about RETRIBUTION, WWE decides not to stick to original character development that they (I even kept the italization for ya!) booked and get dumb with it.
Shayna was a badass. Remember when she went in on Becky for getting pregnant. Remember when she killed Sarah Logan and Natalya? I ‘member. Pepperidge Farm ‘members. I don’t see them putting the tag titles on Lana and Asuka, though. Of course they could, instead of putting them on an actually established tag team. It’s their modus operandi. Boobs on her back? SERIOUSLY?!?

This was another mixed bag. I’m feeling Orton and Bray/Fiend, but not much else. This ain’t SmackDown, that’s for sure!

And congratulations to Becky and Seth on their new baby
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2020
WWE NXT Reviews recaps and reactions

All The Feuds
There’s many great possible feuds coming our way in NXT’s always impressive women’s scene. They teased many of those this week.
First it started with Io Shirai and Toni Storm, who had themselves a fun brawl, stemming from a brief backstage altercation.
It was a nice little tease for what is bound to be a future feud. It was only a couple minutes, but it already whet our appetites for what is likely the next major title program. (Raquel González will likely be the very next program, but that doesn’t yet feel like the blockbuster Io/Toni could be).
This also played into the more imminent Ember Moon/Toni Storm feud as Ember got a quick lick in on the woman who betrayed her.
Then in the main event, Ember faced Raquel González, the woman who pinned Io Shirai at WarGames.
I loved this match. It looks like Raquel is coming along very fast. Once again, she was in there with a true vet in Ember Moon, but this was a two segment match where both women did a decent amount. It certainly did not feel like Moon was carrying the less experienced González. Raquel isn’t as flashy, but she’s a powerhouse. She should leave her feet less her smeller opponents. She still sold the appropriate amount as the match wore on and they told the story of Moon figuring out how to make any headway against the imposing larger woman.
After NXT spent the episode putting over the Eclipse, Raquel straight up blocked it and defeated Moon with the same one-armed powerbomb that defeated the champ on Sunday. A very good main event the continued to elevate González.
Then they teased more feuds.
First Toni Storm came out to get some revenge on Ember from earlier. But before she could do any damage, Rhea Ripley’s music playing, scaring the bejeezus out of Toni. They stared each other down before Raquel gently pushed Storm aside for a big time face to face with Ripley.
Basically, tonight NXT just showed us all the cool feuds we will be getting in the Women’s division and they all ruled. “Here’s Io vs. Storm.” “Oh I like that.” “And here’s Storm vs. Rhea.” “Oh, I like that too.” “And here’s Ripley/González II.” “Awesome.” And over and over again.
I suspect González is going to pick up a win over Ripley prior to facing Io Shirai for the title. And I still wouldn’t be surprised to see Rhea on Raw or SmackDown within a few months. But there’s so many stories they can tell as this division continues to kill.

Get In Line
Everyone wants a piece of Finn Bálor.
The Prince opened the show to cut a promo that was quickly interrupted by numerous people who wanted a shot at the title. You know, the standard trope. But when done every once and awhile, and this is not something overdone in NXT, it’s fun.
Pete Dunne, Kyle O’Reilly, and Damian Priest were the three men who interrupted. And honestly, those three men would all have great programs with the champ.
Pete Dunne vs. Finn Bálor? I mean of course. No explanation needed.
KOR and Finn have the history of absolutely destroying each other in the main event of TakeOver: 31. Kyle made the point that sure Finn won, but then he spent the next two months drinking out of a straw.
A few months ago, I wouldn’t be excited for Priest vs. Bálor II but now, I’m changing my mind. I’m almost surprised how much babyface Damian Priest has grown on me. He’s seemed to find the right amount of cool that isn’t too try hard. And given it was his loss to Finn that put him on the path he’s currently on, this would be an interesting program to revisit.
While I may find them all interesting, Bálor was bored of it all and left while the three men were bickering over who would face the champ. But it wasn’t over. Karrion Kross’ music hit and Scarlett walked out. She said nothing, but she didn’t need to. Finn got the message and told her when Kross is ready, he’ll be waiting.
This was set up to make us believe that was it for Kross this week. Surely if Karrion was going to return, he’d do it right there to make his intentions known. But it didn’t work that way.
Before Scarlett left, Damian Priest talked a little trash about her man. He mocked Kross for allowing her to do all the work as he sat in the car. So later in the night when Priest interrupted the Gargano Family celebration (more about that shortly), Kross viciously attacked him.
He powerbombed Damian onto a table off the stage and then walked back to his car, where Scarlett was waiting for him. It was much appreciated that this time, she was waiting for him in the car as he did the dirty work.
This all means that Kross vs. Bálor is not going to happen immediately. Kross will face Priest, probably at New Year’s Evil. And surely, Kross will win. But Priest is at the spot where I hope they protect him in that bout. Meanwhile, Finn will face either Kyle O’Reilly or Pete Dunne. (Or maybe both.) Then, the two powerhouses can collide at the next TakeOver.

Family Celebration
Johnny Gargano is so good at this role.
There was a time I never thought I’d be looking forward to a Johnny Gargano promo segment. But he’s wildly entertaining in this role. We’re at a point I seek out his YouTube Exclusive backstage videos because he’s so hilarious.
He’s got a little more freedom in those backstages so they’re probably slightly more entertaining than his on television character, but his on TV persona is really good too. This week, he officially unveiled the latest incarnation of the Gargano family, with Candice LeRae to one side and Austin Theory & Indi Hartwell on the other.
Johnny said this was the present and the future, immediately instilling hope that this will slowly morph into a goofy Gargano version of Evolution. One where he’s just more and more like Triple H every week, wearing the sports jacket and the dress shirt with the first two buttons undone. Yes, that’d mean 30 minute Gargano promos every week, but I could think of a worse 30 minutes.
Austin Theory is a curious fit in this group. Indi Hartwell has seemed to take to their style of humor and personality really quickly. But Theory, who’s a physical specimen but overall quite dull, doesn’t seem to fit.
They actually played into that tonight when he’d try to make a joke and Johnny would have to back him off and then explain to the crowd that they didn’t fully rehearse it. I’m not sold on Theory in general, but I’m curious to see what a little time under the Gargano umbrella will do.
Next week was originally supposed to be a tag match between Gargano & Theory against Damian Priest & Leon Ruff. However, with Priest taken out by Karrion Kross, that left Ruff searching for a partner. Well, he really didn’t have to search. Kushida just rolled in and offered his services.
I love Kushida but in a way, this is a bit disappointing. Because this puts Kushy in the North American title scene and, the way he was rolling, it almost seems beneath him. Honestly, it should really be Kushida vs. Bálor as the New Year’s Evil match. And maybe that’s still an option but putting him in a match opposite the North American champion doesn’t get my hopes up.

Another Round
Tommaso Ciampa’s program with Timothy Thatcher is far from over.
Despite taking the L last Sunday, Thatcher brought a chair ringside and watched Ciampa’s match with Cameron Grimes. Tyler Rust, who has been helping Tim, tried to interfere to hinder Tommaso, but it wasn’t enough to allow Grimey to steal a win.
Cameron wasn’t happy with Thatcher’s interference and tried to step to him but Thatch took out Grimes’ leg for his effort.
Their match on Sunday was very good so I’m definitely not opposed them going for a little longer with Tom vs. Tim. However, I’m not sure how into this version of Tommaso Ciampa I am. The grumpy locker room leader doesn’t seem very inspired. We’ll see if it evolves in this feud.

All the Rest
- Jake Atlas picked up another a big win this week. This time, it was over the always impressive Isaiah “Swerve” Scott. Scott isn’t a former champion like Tony Nese, who Atlas beat last week, but it’s a bigger win since Scott has been more legit more recent. I appreciate Swerve being pissed after the loss as opposed to showing the standard respect. It puts over the fact the match was important and it makes it feel bigger that Jake won it.

- Pete Dunne defeated Killian Dain, who was looking for revenge for when Dunne smashed a car door against Dain’s face. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch attempted to interfere, but Drake Maverick was there to meet them, brandishing a chair. However, Maverick turned his back on the NXT tag team champs too soon, took a beating anyway, causing Dain to turn his focus on them and lost the match. We should get a tag title match eventually.

- The Grizzled Young Veterans defeated Imperious and Ever-Rise in a triple threat, with Chase Parker taking the pin. But don’t worry EVER-RISE STILL RULES!

- Xia Li and Boa’s grueling punishment, or shall we say torture, continued this week. No reveal for the mystery woman yet, but she is rocking some killer face paint.

While at times it felt like they weren’t back in full swing post WarGames, we still had a Karrion Kross return and some fantastic stuff in the Women’s division
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by DanieBlinkz(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2020
My guy is back TICK TOCK
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
Even after turning heel, Austin theory is still as vapid as ever.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:41pm On Dec 10, 2020
Qu3sT:
Even after turning heel, Austin theory is still as vapid as ever.

Tell me the meaning of Vapid real quick bruh

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

Tell me the meaning of Vapid real quick bruh
Offering nothing that's interesting or stimulating, bland, insipid, lifeless, dull etc.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
Qu3sT:

Offering nothing that's interesting or stimulating, bland, insipid, lifeless, dull etc.

Oh wow

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

Oh wow
He's even worse than Timothy thatcher, and I would rather watch paint dry than listen to him pontificate about being the best catch wrestler.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:32pm On Dec 10, 2020
Qu3sT:

He's even worse than Timothy thatcher, and I would rather watch paint dry than listen to him pontificate about being the best catch wrestler.

I actually think Thatcher is the best catch wrestler grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:00am On Dec 12, 2020
WWE Smackdown reviews recaps and reactions

Stop the DQ's
As soon as I heard “contract signing” this afternoon, I started to cringe. We know how those typically tend to go.
But then, Carmella stole the contract from Adam Pearce’s book and signed it in a room away from the ring. And then she had her assistant of many random things, according to her, deliver the contract to Sasha.
Hey, it was different! And I liked Carmella’s promo, too. She said that she doesn’t pander to internet mouth-breathers. She said this isn’t Tiger King, it’s the Queen’s gambit and she’s four moves ahead. Sasha responded by stamping the contract, kicking her assistant’s ass, and then… making a challenge for the title... tonight. Um… huh.
In their match, Carmella brought the hurt on our champion. Slammed Sasha face first into the top of the post and tried to injure her shoulder. She did a nice submission in the ropes with her leg wrapped around Sasha’s neck.
Shenanigans. Are any of us shocked? The assistant threw a bottle of champagne in the ring so the ref was distracted and pulled Sasha out of the ring while she had a bank statement locked in. They did the chase around the ring spot and Sasha played stupid babyface and Carmella attacked her from behind, but Sasha came back and attacked her and the ref DQ’d her. Why?
I already knew that we were getting a screwy finish because it’s all WWE does now. Seriously. The last few weeks of both Raw and SmackDown have had DQ finishes close the show. What the hell? STOP DQ FINISHES!
There was no need for this match. They made Roman and Owens a secondary thing this week for a surprise pre-TLC championship match with a DQ finish. WHY?
I like being positive for the most part, but this is lazy and stupid. This is never the right way to get someone invested in a pay-per-view match.

Head of KO’s table
After the recap of last week’s hellacious main event segment, Jey Uso walked up to Roman and Paul Heyman and asked if they were good. Roman said they were and said he should be and then KO’s music hit and he walked out to the ring. Roman gave Jey permission to go confront him.
Owens set up a table, two chairs, and a ladder in the ring. He said even after last week, even though Roman is better than he’s ever been, he doesn’t fear him. Owens said Roman is using his family to fight his battles.
He also said he’s going to need all the help he can get, and he has a few friends - chairs, a table, and a ladder. He climbed up his friend and said he’ll give up everything to become Universal champion again.
And then Jey Uso took one of Owens’ chair friends and attacked him with it, but Owens attacked back and put Jey through the table. Roman came out but Heyman talked him out of walking down and fighting now. “Show him you’re the head of the table. You call the shots.” This was really awesome. I think it’s the first time we’ve seen Heyman sort of go back to his old advocate days.
Owens went and chased him to the back, and then Roman sneak attacked and said so many awesome words. He looked right into the camera and introduced himself to the Owens family. “I’m the guy who puts a roof over your head and food on your table. If you don’t talk some sense into your Daddy, I’m going to be the guy who takes the food off the table.”
Straight savage. What I particularly liked this week, was that they made this feel like a secondary feud this week, so that Sasha and Carmella could have the night. This is honestly the first time anything Roman Reigns has been secondary on this show since he won the title. TLC is going to be so much fun.

The Rest
Sami Zayn def. Big E - Before the match, Sami Zayn was complaining about not having a shirt, and Big E walked up with his new shirt. Sami liked it, and Kalisto pulled out a shirt which showed a stick figure with a beard and “I Am Sami Zayn” on it. That was pretty funny.
Then we had the match between the two of them. Sami complained about wrist pulling, and was up to his usual tricks. But Big E gave him the apron splash which my goodness that sounds so painful when he does it. Sami took control and gave E a knee to the face. E retaliated with another splash. Sami went for a crossbody and E rolled through for the Big Ending but Sami raked his eyes. He slapped E and then they ran around the ring, the announce table, and under the ring. Sami made it back in at the 9 and won via count out.
Well, that’s interesting. I’ve been a fan of these slick Sami moments, but I don’t know how I feel right now about that being done at Big E’s expense. I did like E’s anger because we all knew Sami’s wrist wasn’t hurting him, but the referees need to be dumb. I actually don’t know how I feel about this yet.

Dolph Ziggler def. Montez Ford - Is it me or does Dolph seem to look more ridiculous as the weeks go by? I swear I don’t remember him wearing these pants. He has an American flag on his crotch! Dolph called Tez and Dawkins the poor man’s Desus and Mero. (HUGE POP for Desus and Mero mention but… okay) Also, I feel like I’ve seen something like this, haven’t you? Like, similar to another WWE show? Maybe just me? Anyway, Tez is such a great wrestler, he even makes simple drop kicks look incredible. After a… quite random blue solo cup shower in the ring, Ziggler hit like 7 or 8 elbows in a row to Tez’s chest. Rest hold city for what felt like forever and then the match picked up, and then we had a distraction win.
So Dolph gets the win, which means we’ll be getting the inevitable tag team championship match between these guys. Whatever. I already knew we were getting this so it was just a matter of time. Gonna predict right now that we get a Dawkins vs. Roode match next week. Keep it right here for all the scoopz, y’all.

Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura def. Otis and Chad Gable - They showed a little training montage of Otis (kind of funny considering the news that came out today) and Gable in a gym with Otis blindfolded trying to catch balls. Then Nakamura and Cesaro came up to them and cut a god awful promo. They really need to stop the childish shit like “training for Santa’s workshop” because that is not funny. Just dumb.
Gable put on a fun minute match with Cesaro until a vicious uppercut and Nakamura tagged in. Otis got tagged in and ran through Cesaro. Otis went for the Caterpillar but Gable told him to tag him in. Cesaro swung Gable and Nakamura and they lost. In the back, Gable said that he wasn’t supposed to tag Gable in so Otis failed the test. Okay. Let’s see what happens next week. Wasn’t a huge fan of this.

Riott Squad def. Natalya and Billie Kay - Natalya tagged with Billie Kay for the first time and I didn’t mind this at all. They made this match last week on Talking Smack (I may need to start watching that!). They dominated but then Billie tagged in and ruined it. Liv and Ruby were good but this was too short.

Lone Wolf’s associates - I just need to say HAHAHA to Cutler having a security metal detector wand. Don’t know why that made me laugh so hard.

It’s been a little while since SmackDown was a general miss, but they did it this week. The DQ finishes, man. It’s really tiring. There needs to be a stop on this. Please

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.