Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (289275 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 6:32am On Mar 16, 2022
pu7pl3:

Ramon comes in 2nd for me sha

Omo I didn't even post any recap today...I'm sorry guys

I suggest you leave all recap this week in memory of RAZOR Ramon
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
Debroslink:

I suggest you leave all recap this week in memory of RAZOR Ramon

I think you're right...let's do that...a solemn week for the Bad guy

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
The reign of terror is over. Thunder Rosa def Brit Baker and is the new AEW Women Champion. It was a sloppy match with no selling of dangerous spots .
Mattt Hardy was being beaten up but Jeff had to wait to do his entrance dance before coming to save him.
Let's all clap For AEW, real professional wrestling.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2022
samistry:
The reign of terror is over. Thunder Rosa def Brit Baker and is the new AEW Women Champion. It was a sloppy match with no selling of dangerous spots .
Mattt Hardy was being beaten up but Jeff had to wait to do his entrance dance before coming to save him.

Lol bro you sound pissed grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 7:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
samistry:
So because them dey beat my brother, I no go dance again? Una too like to dey stress person

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
Kaycee7:
So because them dey beat my brother, I no go dance again? Una too like to dey stress person

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
Lmaooo[quote author=pu7pl3 post=111128407][/quote]
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kaycee7:
Close second. Razor's own is still unrivalled for me.
Razor's own was great, but nobody, nobody...and The Rock means nobody!!! sold a stunner like The Rock.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
ValeeLove:
Razor's own was great, but nobody, nobody...and The Rock means nobody!!! sold a stunner like The Rock.

Na true sef grin grin
I change my pick

The Rock 1
Murphy 2
Ramon 3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:01am On Mar 19, 2022
Tony Khan has booked the first Pay Per View for Ring of Honour since he bought it.
ROH Super Card of Honor PPV on April 1st.

And the match everyone has been clamouring for will be there, which is;
FTR vs The Briscoes for the ROH Tag Team Championship.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:25am On Mar 19, 2022
Last day of respect for Scott Hall aka Ramon but man you guys should watch SMACKDOWN...

Brock was unhinged
Charlotte destroyed Rousey
And Pat Macafee is a god in this pro-wrestling thing, he can literally do it all
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2022
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Let’s talk Raw!

The Stupid Saga Continues
Raw kicked off this week with a hilarious troll job by one Kevin Owens. Chicago lost its mind when Stone Cold Steve Austin’s music hit. They were less enthused when KO appeared dressed like the rattlesnake. KO can take anything and make it work because he’s committed. Watching him rock a bald cap, knee braces, an Austin 3:16 shirt, and jean shorts that were a little too big for him was perfect. While his Austin impression wasn’t perfect, his attitude made all the difference in the world. The fact he played the crowd so easily—and me—and then did it again in the same segment? Perfection, it was great.

With KO firmly entrenched with Austin, that means Seth Rollins still needs something to do. Because WWE still thinks the story of having no story is a great story. Seth not only interrupted a tag match—we’ll get to that—but he put his nose in AJ Styles’ business as well. Seth wants Edge because AJ has Edge? While AJ was telling the world why he wants to destroy Edge, Seth told the Phenomenal One to go home, rest up, and let him get a piece of Edge.
Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville—wearing her jacket—declared if Seth beats AJ, he takes Edge’s spot at the big show. WWE loved the stupid thing they did last week so much they decided to do it again.
I was so annoyed by that, it was hard to focus on the match. Seriously, why would you do the exact same thing with the exact same stakes two weeks in a row? How, Sway? Actually, more importantly, why Sway?
Redoing what you did before with a different piece isn’t creative. It’s lazy. And insulting to think no one will care or notice.
But I digress. AJ’s still smarting from Edge’s attacks a couple weeks ago. Specifically, his neck. Seth knew that going into the match and focused his attack on the head and neck. AJ tried to bring the old AJ Styles back but that was kinda impossible given the opponent.
Seth used neckbreakers, headlocks, dropkicks to the head, and even used the ropes and turnbuckles to his advantage. As the match wore on, AJ’s equilibrium was clearly off. He was a step slow going to the top turnbuckle for a rope attack and wasn’t quick enough to capitalize on any opening presented to him. This was actually a pretty good way to tell the story over time and underline the fact that if AJ can’t deal with Seth Rollins, how is he supposed to deal with Blue light Edge?
The turning point of the match was Seth pausing to explain his motives to AJ. Seth likes AJ and this isn’t personal. He just wants a spot at Mania and wants AJ to go home and be a family man. This got under AJ’s skin, and the former WWE Champion went off. Phenomenal Blitz set off a flurry of offense from Styles. He event went for the Styles Clash a couple times but to no avail. Seth eventually regained his footing with a Falcon Arrow that didn’t put AJ away. The two men kept battling, with AJ showing some innovative offense, including a torture rack into a power bomb that was very dope.
But, alas, for Seth Rollins, it isn’t meant to be. Remember Edge? I mentioned him a paragraph ago. The Rated R Superstar showed up to attack Styles, because of course he did, giving AJ the DQ win and causing Seth to throw a tantrum on the Raw set as the show closed.
Let’s think about this for a while: The main story on Raw a couple weeks away from WrestleMania is whether or not Seth Rollins has a match. That’s the story. Not the WWE Championship. Not even the Raw Women’s title. But whether Seth has a match. We ended Raw two weeks in a row with Seth upset at not getting his way. What makes it even weirder is they’re putting him in matches with people who have solid stories built over several weeks. I can’t even watch the matches with the added suspense of picking a winner or a loser because I know the loser is Seth Rollins the minute the matches are announced.
Straight up and down? It stinks.

How Much a Dollar Cost?
I was initially wary of Becky Lynch’s promo this week. Mostly because she pulled out the folding chair and sat in the middle of the ring a la Edge. While I’m not a fan of someone doing the thing that someone else does or did, Becky, shocker, made it work. Someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t recall getting an actual explanation from Becky for her heel turn. This week, she explained it in stark terms and I dug every second. Becky cares about “her precious,” the Raw Women’s championship. That’s it. That’s the most important thing in her life and the only thing worth selling her soul to obtain. And it worked because it felt like Becky unfiltered, not through the guise of Big Time Becks or The Man.
Becky wants to take away everything that Bianca uses to define herself. First her championship, then her voice, and soon her hair. Becky doesn’t believe Bianca is ready to sell her soul to gain the world. And you know what? I agree with her. While I’m a huge Bianca fan, she doesn’t show that ruthlessness Becky has in spades. Bianca isn’t ready to sacrifice fans and friends for a championship.
I like the extra layer this adds to a story that truthfully didn’t need anything else. It makes me wonder whether Bianca is ready to do all the things Becky is ready to to to win at WrestleMania. Just how long one is willing to dance with the devil is a nuanced story to tell and if—IF—WWE is headed that way with this match, then props to them. I truly hope it’s more than just lip service.

The Rest
VEER!
APRIL 4! THAT IS THE DATE, PEOPLE!

The New Face of Vengeance
Chad Gable told the world his partner, Otis, is the new face of vengeance. Turns out those words might be more apt for the Street Profits.
Before we get to that, there was a tag match between Alpha Academy and RK-Bro. It started with Otis in control, getting the drop on Riddle. Riddle took the beating for most of this match, until Randy came in with the hottest of hot tags. Randy had the advantage until Chad Gable got a bit of momentum with a pair of awesome German suplexes. Seriously, frame that man’s suplexes.
One blind tag to Riddle and a Bro Derek, the match was over with Gable on his back. That’s when the Profits came in, cleared house, and showed their new heel or tweener attitude that is so necessary. I love this new vibe for the Profits.

Weirdness...
Rey Mysterio & Dominik faced those Dirty Dawgs in a tag match. Oh, and Miz was on commentary. This makes sense, right? Let’s move the story between Miz, Rey, and Dom forward in prep for their stupendous match at WrestleMania.
Yeah, nah.
The match was briefly interrupted by Seth Rollins, only for WWE officials to cut off Seth’s mic.
Once the match continued, we got a pretty good tag match. The bout was designed to give Dom a rub and the kid looked good. Showcasing moves from his dad and Uncle Eddie, Dom looked smooth and clearly benefitted from having Dolph and Roode as opponents.
After Dom scored the pin for his team, Miz was out for heat. Not only did he deliver a Skull Crushing Finale to Rey, but he removed the man’s mask. I don’t have to tell you that’s a big mistake and the ultimate sign of disrespect. Removing a Luchador’s mask is always a cheap way to get heat, but damn it’s effective. Chicago, and by proxy everyone else, truly detests Miz now. I’m ready for Dom and Rey to get medieval on him.

Fooled You!
Carmela and Queen Zelina wanted everyone to think they were on two different pages in two very different books. This came to a head during the tag match between Nattie & Shayna Baszler and Rhea Ripley & Liv Morgan. Mela came out during the match to complain to her fiancé, clearly taking focus away from the match.
Multiple weeks in a row, WWE pulled this trick but each time just packs too much into one segment. The fact they did this one other time on this very show this week makes it even more redundant.
But anyway, after Nattie and Shayna picked up the W, Zeilna and Carmela attacked everyone, then hugged in the middle of the ring. We were supposed to feel tricked or hustled. Instead, I felt mildly annoyed.

Balor vs. Theory...Again
I’m sorry, dear readers, I cannot get into this again. How many times can we see Finn Balor fight Austin Theory? I just can’t do it. Pat McAfee at ringside to mess with Theory, and ultimately cost him the match, is definitely a new wrinkle, but the fact we’re doing this match again shows the lack of creativity and a surprising lack of depth on a roster for a company that should have no problem stocking its coffers.

Apollo’s Broken Chariot
Look, I really tried caring about this handicap match between Omos, Apollo & Commander Azeez. Then it started and it just didn’t work. Omos then got on the mic AGAIN and asked for a challenge. AGAIN.

Love is in the Air?
Sigh. This 24/7 Championship thing between Reggie, Dana Brooke, Tamina, and Tozawa is still a thing. Of all the things, it’s definitely on television. Their tornado inter-gender match was over before it started. There’s a place for this but not when Raw is struggling to get the more important things right.

This was not a very good edition of Monday Night Raw. We’re a few weeks away from  WrestleMania and Raw should feel like appointment television. Instead, it feels like an item on a list of chores.

Grade: D
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:45am On Mar 23, 2022
WWE NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Let’s talk NXT!

The Dusty Finish
Who does Toxic Attraction fear most? That’s the question one must ask when looking at Wendy Choo & Dakota Kai in one corner and Kay Lee Ray & Io Shirai in the other. While all women in the division can lay claim to big beef with the trio, but KLR and Io have a list possibly longer than anyone else. Possibly. Not to mention, it’s obvious Toxic Attraction wants no static with Io and KLR.
Toxic Attraction was ringside to witness the finals in the Dusty Cup, with the winner getting a shot at their coveted tag titles. It should go without saying it was the match of the night. Which makeshift team would compliment each other the best? That’s the other question going into the Dusty Cup Finals since both teams came together strictly for the tournament. Wendy Choo and Dakota Kai used their weird energy and unorthodox style to throw their opponents off their game a tad.
One nice character moment was when Wendy used a pillow to stop Io from attacking Dakota. It sounds silly, yes, but it was followed by Wendy showing her athleticism as she ducked one boot from Io, got knocked down a second time, and managed to get right back up and into the match again. A character like Wendy Choo is hard to do but in the right hands, it’s really dope. These are the right hands.
As the match continued, each team got stronger and found their cohesion. There’s the aforementioned pillow block and Io’s missile dropkick into Dakota to breakup Wendy’s pin attempt on KLR. The precision and timing of that move, along with understanding the domino effect it would cause, was beautiful storytelling along with just good looking wrestling. That was actually the beginning of the end for Wendy and Dakota. Io eliminated Dakota from the match with a backbreaker, creating a two-on-one situation.
Wendy tried to put up a fight long enough to give her partner a second wind, hitting a Side Effect on Io and focusing on Kay Lee Ray. But that little bit of time was all Kay needed to regain her composure, get the upper hand with a headbutt followed by a KLR Bomb, and tag in Io, who finished the job with a beautiful moonsault.
We got the ding ding, and your 2022 Dusty Cup winners are Io Shirai and Kay Lee Ray. Toxic Attraction, at their most toxic, sauntered to the ring to “congratulate” the winners. At this point, KLR and Io revealed this tournament was never about the tag titles; it was always about the NXT Women’s championship. Therefore, as a result of this win, they’re exercising their right to challenge for Mandy Rose’s belt, turning Cora Jade and Mandy’s championship match at Stand & Deliver into a fatal four way.
Now, I don’t have the legal acumen to determine if this is within the rules, but it’s wrestling. The rules are made up as we go and it’s not as if NXT has a GM or WWE official ruling the roost these days. Carmelo Hayes is booking matches on the fly so, sure, I suppose this works.
It’s an interesting way to get these two women into the title picture but also makes me feel like part of the entire tournament was a waste of time. If we’re just making up stuff on the fly, why not add them to the match without them tagging together for weeks and going after a prize in vain that other teams truly wanted. On the other hand, it adds intrigue to a fatal four way when two of the women are now a legitimate team with a plan. How long can they coexist when the big gold belt is on the line? Will Cora and Mandy form an uneasy alliance just to give either a chance to survive? Like I said, I’m two minds on this.
If the match at Stand & Deliver...delivers, then it’s all worth the convoluted way we got here.

Roode Behavior
There’s something about NXT where cats who are good wrestlers, like Dolph Ziggler, seem rejuvenated. Robert Roode is one of those cats as well, because he looked fantastic against Bron Breakker this week. Bron spent most of the match in jeopardy, playing the typical babyface role. One of Bron’s strengths, besides, ya know, his actual strength, is that he’s really good at playing the good guy. Bron can sell a beating and make a guy like Roode, who rarely looks great these days, look like the force he was back in his Black and Gold glory days. Dolph Ziggler was thrown to the back early, making this an actual one-on-one match.
Roode had one mission: Soften up Bron for the NXT champion. Nothing more, nothing less. Big Bob also embarrassed the former champ by imitating his uncle’s posing, flexing, and signature moves. It was a nice heel thing to do while providing us a vision of what it looks like when someone lords over Bron and pokes the really big bear.
Bron eventually got his comeback. Shoulder blocks, front kicks, a Steiner suplex and a spear. But none of that was enough to put Roode away. Like I said, NXT does something different to these guys.
And maybe that’s why Roode ultimately lost. He went away from his game plan and paid the consequences. For the entire match, Roode stuck with a low impact but effective ground game. When none of that worked, including a Glorious DDT, Big Bob got desperate. We all know what desperation often leads to. Roode’s high risk attempt backfired as he leapt right into the arms of one Bron Breakker and was immediately poweslammed through the mat.
1-2-3 ding.
Bron won the match but definitely paid the price. He was beat up in the match and taken out by a Dolph Ziggler-superkick post match. There’s no shame in Roode taking this L, especially because he looked good in defeat and did the job like a good goon should.
Good match and Bron keeps getting better every week.

The Rest
Dusia
So, NXT refs are blind as bats. Tony D’Angelo and Dexter Lumis sports entertained this week but that wasn’t the story. The drama between Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta took center stage. Dusia, as Persia calls her budding relationship with Duke Hudson, was the start of Dexter’s ending.
With Dex on top of Tony D and with a victory almost in hand, Duke Hudson distracted the big man, allowing Tony to go for his crowbar. But wait! Indi snatched it before Tony got his hands on it, only to have Persia take it for...basketball reasons.
The two got into a tug of war, Tony grabbed the crowbar and was spun around right as Dexter approached the goodfella. The ref apparently didn’t see Dexter get smacked with a CROWBAR that’s not exactly the size of a bag of peanuts. Score one for the made guy, while the soap opera that is In-Dex and Dusia turns.

SOLO!
Solo Sikoa defeated Roderick Strong in our first match this week, with Santos Escobar watching from ringside. It was a good opener with a lot of violence as the two men exchanged headbutts, knees to the gut, Samoan Drops, and a whole bunch of fists. No clue who Santos was looking at but I’m sure we’ll get more info on that next week.

Speaking of Turns...
Tony D’Angelo, fresh off his victory, called out Tommaso Ciampa. Tony gloated about getting the drop on Ciampa last week, which, of course, perked up Ciampa’s ears. When his new not-so-great theme music hit, Tony turned to the entrance ramp. Apparently, Tony doesn’t actually watch wrestling because Ciampa was right behind him and got the drop on his Stand & Deliver opponent. And he promised a world of pain for that first weekend in April.

A-Momma
Grayson Waller defeated A-Kid in a relatively quick match for a spot in the North American championship ladder match. With Solo Sikoa and Grayson now officially in the match, Carmelo Hayes declared Cameron Grimes, A-Kid, and Roderick Strong will duke it out for the final spot.
And then Trick Williams said he’s going after “the A-Momma.” I chuckled heartily.

Text Message Mystery
Who defaced Diamond Mine’s locker room? Who?! That’s the question. After The Creed Brothers dominated Grizzled Young Veterans in short order, their attention turned to the big screen in the Performance Center. Hooded assailants tagged their locker room in graffiti and taunted the Brothers Creed with text messages. It was a weird look because that’s not how texting works but okay, NXT, I’ll go with it. They promised to go after the Creed boys again and told them “Don’t Cry.”
Intriguing. Weird but intriguing.

It’s Electric
I know I say this a lot, but there are a lot of matches in NXT that aren’t really about the match. The matchup between Elektra Lopez and Fallon Henley wasn’t really about them. They’re both still working out the kinks, which is another explanation for the shortened match. But they also don’t get quite enough time on the show to truly get better. Catch 22.
Ultimately, this was a prelude to beef between Legado del Fantasma and Briggs and Jensen. The two teams brawled into the crowd, so yeah, this is happening. Elektra picked up the W, too.

GUNTHER
That’s all. GUNTHER slapped the hell out of Duke Hudson’s chest during their very brief match. It echoed throughout the arena. Duke put up a bit of a fight but he was no match for The General.
Duke accepted this challenge after Dexter called him out. Well, in the way that only Dexter can, through art. Duke immediately regretted it, Persia was in agony, while Indi was all smiles with a thumb in the air.
While GUNTHER stood tall with his Imperium brethren, LA Knight made his way to the ring, talked a lot of trash, and issued a challenge to GUNTHER at Stand & Deliver—using his fist—and a brawl ensued. MSK came out to even the odds, and a six-man tag was setup for next week.

A LOT happened on NXT 2.0 this week. A whole lot. The pace never slowed down, even when we got backstage segments or video packages. There was a good flow to the show, and the sum of the parts were never greater than the whole. Stand & Deliver is really looking promising.

Grade: B+

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
Good day ladies and gentlemen, my name is Valeelove; and I've got one question for everybody here tonight... Who wants to walk with Elias?!! My actual question is, where...is Elias?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
It's Wednesday night and you know what that means. It's time to ignite the dynamite!!
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 7:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
ValeeLove:
Good day ladies and gentlemen, my name is Valeelove; and I've got one question for everybody here tonight... Who wants to walk with Elias?!! My actual question is, where...is Elias?

Jesus! Where on earth is this guy Elias?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Debroslink:

Jesus! Where on earth is this guy Elias?
ValeeLove:

Probably recording another Album
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
pu7pl3:

Probably recording another Album
I've got a better answer...in catering.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
ValeeLove:
I've got a better answer...in catering.

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
[quote author=pu7pl3 post=111308580][/quote]probably has that look on his face too while sitting there.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2022
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 7:29am On Mar 24, 2022
I wish he was in AEW and jobbing on their YouTube shows which nobody watches.
ValeeLove:
probably has that look on his face too while sitting there.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:13am On Mar 26, 2022
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

We’ve reached the point in the Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns feud, and maybe that was already true but it became entirely clear on Friday Night SmackDown this week, that it has reached its conclusion too soon. They’re ready for the match now but still have time to kill before they get to it.
That’s how we end up getting Lesnar chasing Reigns down in a forklift last week, and Lesnar invading Reigns’ locker room and breaking stuff just to try to provoke him into an altercation.
In the end, they went back to having security rush Lesnar before he could get to Reigns and Brock putting a chair to their backs. He did so with violence, speed, and momentum, and it was impressive, sure, but again, this feels like a repeat. We’ve seen this before, and it was made clear there’s really not much reason to tune in until the match happens.
They went out on Reigns getting on the big screen and telling Lesnar he’ll acknowledge him at WrestleMania.
Pretty weak stuff, all told.

WWE continues to insist on building to Ronda Rousey challenging Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown women’s championship at WrestleMania 38 by having Rousey cut promos. Rousey is pretty damn good at many aspects of professional wrestling but standing in the middle of a ring with a large audience surrounding her and asking her to cut a promo is not one of those things.
She’s too monotone, there’s no inflection, no emphasis on key points, she doesn’t do well enough to project her voice to account for the live crowd — there are too many problems to continue asking her to do it. She was never great in MMA for talking, she was great because she kicked everyone’s ass in impressive fashion (until she didn’t, of course).
That’s all she ever needed to be. An asskicker.
Instead, we’ve got her telling stories about liking breaking arms since she was 14 and breaking so many she actually managed to lose count. Flair will just be another arm added to that list.
Flair didn’t even show up, instead coming in via satellite to interrupt and say nothing substantial.
Using promos to build to a match is fairly standard and even expected but it’s not right for this particular feud at this particular time. Let’s hope they have a better angle planned for the go home show next week.

In contrast to the Rousey-Flair feud being sold on promos when it shouldn’t be, the women’s tag team title program has low key been fantastic because all they’ve done is have matches where everyone shows off how good they are and how much fun the eventual match can be because of that fact.
They did it again this week in the form of a Fatal 4-Way that would have fit in just fine on pay-per-view. Hell, I wouldn’t have hated this as the WrestleMania match, though maybe with more time to work with.
Sasha Banks came out on top, tapping out Queen Zelina Vega. Simple and fun while also promoting the upcoming match. Easy peasy.

All the Rest
Quick note: Still not tired of Rick BOOGS, nor am I tired of Pat McAfee having just the most fun a human can have during Shinsuke Nakamura’s entrance. I hope you’re not either.Nakamura, meanwhile, scored a singles win over Jimmy Uso after a surprisingly fun match to kick off the show. BOOGS provided a helpful distraction, and they made clear this could be a preview of what’s to come at WrestleMania. The fans seem behind the duo, but are they worth ending the long reign of The Usos? Perhaps!

If Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss are headed for a breakup, I absolutely adore the fact that the way they’re getting started toward that is Moss telling bad jokes at Corbin’s expense and Corbin getting pissed about it. It’s a truly fitting way to get to a feud between the two. I’m not super excited about that feud actually playing itself out, but I acknowledge the correct narrative decision.

Xavier Woods returned to television and immediately pinned Ridge Holland. I’m torn between understanding Woods had to win in his first match back and thinking they should have done something more for Holland losing considering they used Big E’s broken neck to get heat on him just last week. It feels a little shortsighted. Either way, it’s damn good to see King Woods back on television.

WWE remembered Ricochet was Intercontinental champion and put him back on the show. He was beaten by Angel in a “championship contenders match.” It was thanks to a distraction from Humberto, so Ricochet demanded a match with him immediately. The same thing happened. Angel helped Humberto win via count out and he, too, now has a title shot coming to him at some point in the future. This wasn’t a good look for Ricochet — what with losing back-to-back singles matches against two lower card tag team wrestlers — but maybe he’ll get a WrestleMania match out of it!

The build to Austin Theory vs. Pat McAfee has turned into the former trolling the latter by hitting him and then running away to protection from Vince McMahon. Naturally, WWE calls this “MIND GAMES.” Not great!

This was not a good show. It felt very much like they were struggling to fill time and the stories they’ve been telling are ready to reach their conclusion two weeks too soon. There were two good matches on this show that deserve shouting out but that’s all.

Grade: D+

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:36am On Mar 26, 2022
Triple H has retired from in-ring competition. It was as a result of the heart condition he suffered months ago.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:40am On Mar 26, 2022
So many people don't realize that if wrestling was more sports based, it will be a lot better than what we are watching now. The difference would be absolutely clear. The focus on more entertainment is what is ruining the product.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 12:45pm On Mar 26, 2022
What a legendary career with so many moments to remember.
ValeeLove:
Triple H has retired from in-ring competition. It was as a result of the heart condition he suffered months ago.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2022
ValeeLove:

A true Legend with his legacy plastered allover pro-wrestling

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2022
pu7pl3:

A true Legend with his legacy plastered allover pro-wrestling
he literally influenced a whole generation of kids to spit out water from their mouths like him. Pu7pl3 and Samistry, make una talk true, una do am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
grin
ValeeLove:
he literally influenced a whole generation of kids to spit out water from their mouths like him. Pu7pl3 and Samistry, make una talk true, una do am.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:57pm On Mar 26, 2022
ValeeLove:

grin grin
I do am grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
ogbiwa:
Hulk Hogan is an American retired professional wrestler, television personality, actor, entrepreneur, and musician.

Jennifer McDaniel is the stunning wife of Hulk Hogan, She was born on May 13, 1974.

Hogan debuted in professional wrestling in 1977, but it wasn't until 1983, when he signed with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF, now WWE), that he received worldwide recognition.

Hogan also captured the WWF Championship five times during his first run, with his first reign being the second-longest in company history.He is also the first wrestler to win two Royal Rumble matches in a row, doing so in 1990 and 1991.

Hogan had a successful acting career both before and after his wrestling career, starting with his antagonist role in Rocky III in 1982.

He has appeared in three television shows: "Hogan Knows Best, Thunder in Paradise, and China, IL", as well as several films including No Holds Barred, Suburban Commando, and Mr. Nanny".

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/1383df442045af26b7b6325308cc1984?client=news
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2022
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Always Personal
Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns killed their promos this week. Both men took different angles, amplifying their characters in the process and displaying their diverging views going into their stupendous match.
Brock opened the show with an accent and a very fun promo. Brock encouraged the crowd’s “What” chants and promised to take Roman on a stroll down memory lane. That lane involves Suplex City, the Beast of Broadway, a trip to the carnival and a ride on the F5. A ride nobody survives. Brock finished the metaphor with promise of a marriage between the WWE championship and the Universal championship. After joining each other in holy matrimony, the two will give birth to unified championship baby. And that’s a baby of which Brock will get sole custody. Good, fun, and funny stuff from a man who is clearly enjoying himself.
But then there’s Roman. Roman stepped to Pittsburgh later in the show and told them to acknowledge him. Roman says Brock is making a play for blood but he shed Roman’s blood years ago. In 2018, Brock broke Roman’s face and he bled all over New Orleans. It was that night where his wife wanted him to quit. His kids didn’t recognize him, his father doubted him, and his family didn’t believe he had it in him to truly rule the WWE roost.
Fast forward four years later and Roman proved them all wrong by improving on everything Brock did. Roman turned the advocate into a wise man, smashed Brock’s claim as the longest reigning Universal champ, busted Brock open in Madison Square Garden, and he wants more blood. For Roman, this was always personal. The one thing Roman needs in his career more than anything else is to beat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.
It was a hell of a promo from the Tribal Chief. Yes, he’s the heel, but his motivation is understandable and relatable. Roman wants to beat the man who made him question his career. It adds more backstory to why he joined forces with Paul Heyman, why the Universal championship means so much to him, and why his utter disdain for Brock is so palpable.
This is beyond goofy antics or even basic good guy vs. bad guy battle lines. These are two human beings fighting each other instead of two caricatures. That’s why mostly everything involving Roman for the past two years is dope, and why this thing between him and Brock, no matter how many times we see it, remains compelling and WWE’s best story.

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow
The Raw Women’s championship match needed this tonight. Despite Becky Lynch’s fantastic promo last week, the match didn’t feel special. A championship match normally doesn’t need anymore juice than the fact the championship is on the line, but with the personal nature of the other championship matches on the card, the Becky and Bianca affair felt left out of the reindeer games.
Bianca flashed a different side as a result of Becky’s viciousness towards her and it’s just what the doctor of thuganomics ordered. Bianca made it clear she’s not coming to WrestleMania to do anything other than take back her championship and destroy Becky in the process. It’s wrestling, so of course Becky the heel goes for a sneak attack, but Bianca, continuing a character arc she began in earnest last year, shows her gained experience and blocks the attack she knew was coming.
But there was a moment where Becky took the upper hand thanks to the chair in hand, and threatened to cut Bianca’s hair. Bianca is like Samson with regards to her hair, so God knows what happens if she loses even one strand of that braid. Bianca, in another dope feat of strength, saves her hair by hoisting the champ on her shoulders from a seated position, and drops Becky with not one but two KODs.
With WWE officials around the ring, Bianca goes a little crazy. Those scissors Becky bought to a fist fight? Bianca says turnabout is fair play and gives Becky an awful haircut. With Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville begging her to stop, Bianca snips locks from Becky’s lifeless body with a manic look draped over her face. Becky tried to end her career, so who can blame her?
Becky was more too mad too furious when she came to, vowing to end Bianca’s career and life.
Loved this segment. It was simple, sowed a lot of hatred, set the stakes, and ensured this match is about a lot more than just a championship. There are a lot of chapters WWE can tell with these two. Hopefully this is just the latest in a long line.

The Rest
KO 3:16
Kevin Owens is on another level right now. This cat is selling this entire confrontation with Stone Cold Steve Austin by himself. Without his work the past few weeks, would you care? I know I wouldn’t. Owens was on point again this week, remarking to the crowd that he loves the guy Austin used to be. The video package we got relaying the highlights of Austin’s legendary career was the closest we will get to seeing “Stone Cold” ever again. According to KO, that’s because he’s just “Steve” now. Sure, he looks like the former WWE champion and sounds like the toughest S.O.B., but that guy is long gone. In his place is KO, and he believes it’s time for Austin to pass the torch.
“Owens 3:16 says my stunner is better than yours” is solid heel work, a great line that reveals so much about his character, and sells a wrestling match more than a “confrontation.” The one dark cloud hovering above this entire ordeal is the fact it’s not an actual match. Austin “passing the torch” to someone who wants to take his spot in the same way he wanted to take Bret Hart’s spot back in 1996 is poetic. But, unfortunately, that’s not in the cards. Either way, KO is a treasure.

Judge, Jury, and Edge-cutioner
Edge showed up in a black suit this week to cut a backstage promo against AJ Styles. Edge didn’t say anything new or unexpected, but he did have a nice scale with him. So, that was cool.
AJ responded saying Edge will get worse than “Pit bull AJ.” So, Rottweiler AJ? Bullet Club AJ? Video game enthusiast AJ? One thing I know for sure is we will not get “dog from hell AJ” because that title belongs to Cerberus.

Lucha Logan
Rey Mysterio got his mask back. Rey wrestled Miz one-on-one this week in a match that almost didn’t happen. The drama started when Miz introduced Lucha Logan to the audience, which was just Logan Paul rocking Rey’s mask. When Rey and Dominik made their way to the ring, Dom rushed Miz and beat him like he stole something. Possibly because Miz did steal something. The ref sent Dom to the bak and the match finally started.
It was a fun tv match before the break, with neither man really going all out before their upcoming WrestleMania clash. Miz went for a powerbomb but Rey countered into a pin and that was that. A bit of a sloppy ending but seemingly only because of the post-match shenanigans. Here’s a quick checklist:
Logan Paul looked incredibly weak when Rey and Dom easily snatched back Rey’s mask. Seriously, Paul barely lifted a pinky in protest. Remember how Deebo snatched Red’s chain in Friday? It was basically that.
Miz got a double 619 from the Mysterios and a double frog splash. While Logan did nothing but look.
So, yeah, fun and satisfying finish Miz’s tag partner looks awful as a result. Why not let him keep the mask until Mania and let that be the prize at the end for Rey and Dom? Or, at least, let him put up a fight to make it look like there’s some actual drama for Rey and Dom to deal with during their match instead of it being a glorified handicap match?

Wedding Bells Will Be Ringing
The 24/7 shenanigans I usually rail against? Didn’t mind them this week. Dana Brooke accepted Reggie’s wedding proposal before almost losing her title to Tamina. Tozawa proposed to Tamina, who also accepted. All of this while R-Truth stood in the background with his binoculars. Hilarious.

Tag Team Turmoil
RK-Bro and The Usos battled for tag supremacy tonight. Of course, neither team can lose going into WrestleMania, so the question wasn’t when someone might interfere, but whom and how. The match took the usual route of most RK-Bro matches, with Riddle taking the brunt of the beating and making the opposing team look really good. Randy was the hot tag and that’s when all hell broke loose.
While Nakamura and Rick Boogs sat ringside, the Street Profits ran in to attack Randy and Riddle. Nak and Boogs got involved, and immediately attacked the Usos. Randy and Riddle got some payback on the Profits and ended the show standing tall and celebrating.
This was a weird way to end Raw. Made weirder by the fact Alpha Academy were nowhere in sight. It wasn’t even a bad match but it was hard getting into it knowing it was leading to a non-ending to protect everyone involved.

Oh no, it’s Omos and Lashley
I do not want to see Omos vs. Bobby Lashley at Mania but that’s what we’re getting. Lashley answered Omos’ call this week after the big man won his match vs. the Viking Raiders via count out. So, yeah, this is a thing.
Whether you like it or whether you don’t, it’s the worst thing going today.

Rivals Become Teammates
This was an entertaining tag match between the eight women involved in the tag team championship match at WrestleMania. The stories remained intact: Carmella is more concerned with her beauty and her fiancé than actual matches, Natalya and Shayna Baszler are together for basketball reasons, Liv Morgan and Rhea Ripley look happy to be here and such an odd fit for Rhea, while Sasha Banks and Naomi look like they actually want tag team gold. The heels didn’t coexist when push came to shove—which it often does a lot in wrestling—and Rhea picked up the W for her team when she pinned Queen Zelina.

Ricochet? Who?
The Intercontinental champion barely put up a fight against Austin Theory. Theory pinned the champ clean in the middle of the ring in about two minutes. Repeat, Austin Theory pinned the Intercontinental champion in about two minutes in the middle of the ring. Why? Because Theory needs to look strong for his upcoming match with PAC MCAFEE. You know, the terror that is Pat Mac. This sucked.

Yawn
Yup. No clever headline, nothing pithy. Drew McIntyre faced Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss in a two-on-one match. Corbin dipped out early, leaving Moss to take a hell of a beating and the L. After the ding, Corbin jumped Drew and took Angela. So now Drew has more emotional investment in their upcoming match at Mania. I get it. I get it completely. I’m not just excited even a little bit.

One More Thing...
Seth Rollins has an opponent. It’s a surprise but I expect a nightmare for Rollins

This wasn’t a bad episode of Raw but it lacked something to truly take it over the top. The top talent gave great promos and segments to further their stories, while the matches themselves weren’t great, along with booking that makes me go “hmm?” A mixed bag of a show but not a terrible way to spend three hours on a Monday.

Grade: B-

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.