Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (289178 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:53am On Mar 30, 2022
WWE NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Grimes Enters the Ladder Match
Cameron Grimes was a man possessed. Determined to fulfill a promised to his deceased father, Grimes knew the importance of showing up and showing out this week. Grimes knows his inability to win big and hold a championship not owned by Ted Dibiase is the last thing left on his laundry list of things to accomplish. Gone was the cocky and arrogant Grimes. In its place was a desperate man, unsure of himself with an easily relatable story.
A-Kid and Roderick Strong showed up also, but they didn’t have the story. But that didn’t stop them from putting on a hell of a match with Grimes. This triple threat contest was fast paced. One of the most fast paced matches on WWE television this year. It started with each man trying to get the upper hand. They tried suplexing each other, they tried getting early pins to wrap it up way before the overrun, and they countered damn near everything.
My favorite moment was Grimes launching A-Kid into the air only for A-Kid to dropkick Strong on his way down. It was a thing of beauty and a sign of the chemistry between these three cats. Roderick Strong, while at times an outlier in NXT these days, proves his worth in every main event attached to his name. The man even powerbombed A-Kid onto Grimes. This was a physical affair just as much as it was about speed and precision.
But like I said, the story was Grimes. The match was built around close calls and the fact he can lose his big shot without his shoulders touching the mat. He desperately broke up every pin attempt and made sure he was always in on the action. Triple threat matches are, at their core, about a lack of control over the results.
Grimes’ goal was to do everything in his power to make sure he controlled the outcome and left nothing to chance. That idea played into the end of the match, as it was the perfect poetic moment to finish a great main event.
Grimes was briefly out of the frame thanks to one of many collisions. Strong did his best to finish A-Kid with the End of Heartache. While Kid blocked the first attempt, he wasn’t so lucky on the second. Strong, in a moment to catch his breath before going for the pin, looked up and saw Grimes headed straight for him with two feet in the air aiming at his chest.
One Cave In later, and Cameron Grimes is going to Stand and Deliver to compete for the North American championship.
After this fantastic match, each contestant got their turn to talk their trash on the microphone. Truthfully, the moment didn’t need this. We know they’re going to brawl to end the show. We know someone will throw the first punch. Giving each person a moment to talk makes it feel scripted. Skip the words and get to the fight. Grimes threw the first punch at Carmelo Hayes, and all of the contestants duked it out as the show faded to black.
This ladder match at Stand and Deliver might be the match of the weekend on a weekend packed with a handful of contestants to take that honor.
Logic tells me they’re setting up a Grimes win but Melo’s reign doesn’t feel finished. I don’t see a need for him to tango for the NXT championship yet, and his continued dominance gives everyone else someone a nice foil to chase. Plus, not for nothing, the belt just looks good on him.

The Rest
The Imperium Bullies Win
I LOVED this six-man tag match. Imperium on one side of the ring, LA Knight and MSK on the other. This was a great opening for the show, especially with Knight and MSK attacking Imperium during their entrance. Wrestling is at its best when it feels like its inhabited by real people. NXT 2.0 might not be everyone’s cup of tea for various reasons, but it’s a flavor I often come back to because the wrestlers feel like real people. In a fight of this magnitude with this much bad blood, of course someone should get jumped.
Knight started the match, giving the good guys the early advantage. Imperium took control, displaying their dominance and why they’re the bullies of the brood, only for MSK to regain control. Both teams were presented as even matches going into their match at Stand and Deliver, so this was the right call.
GUNTHER changed the tide of the match twice. And both times at the expense of MSK. Once with a huge boot to the face when it looked like MSK was taking control, and then tripping Nash Carter as he climbed the ropes for a big finish. Knight saw enough at that point, grabbing GUNTHER and engaging in battle with him out of the match and into the locker room area. Carter, caught up in the commotion, catches a lariat from Aichner, and that was all she wrote. Imperium saw their celebration cut short as the Creed Brothers showed up for a good old fashioned standoff.
I’m with it and can’t wait for this triple threat tag.

The Mean Girls Battle
Malcolm Bivens’ facial expressions during this match are gold. No surprise since Bivens is worth all that shiny stuff in Scrooge McDuck’s vault. His Diamond Mine member Ivy Nile wrestled Tiffany Stratton. Both women keep improving as wrestlers, while Stratton is doing good character work. Ivy still needs work in that specific department, but I assume “badass” is all the character trait she needs at the moment.
Stratton was distracted by Sarray, who appeared and disappeared out of a cloud of smoke. That was all she wrote because who among us can win anything after our enemy appears and disappears out of smoke?! Ivy gets the W.

Reunited and it Feels Okay
The popular girls of NXT 2.0, Toxic Attraction, cut a pretty blah promo this week. Mandy Rose did most of the talking and while I like this incarnation of Mandy, this wasn’t her finest hour. The big moments came when Mandy, Jacy and Gigi revealed they took out Wendy Choo, much to Dakota Kai’s chagrin. Kai rushed down to the ring, diving head first into a three-on-one beatdown.
But wait!
Raquel Gonzalez pulled up (sans bike) and rescued her former friend and partner. As fate would have it, the two reunited and set their sights squarely on Toxic Attraction’s tag championships. Gigi and Jacy needed opponents. Looks like they got them. I like where we went with the segment but how we got there was like watching paint dry while hearing needles on a chalkboard.

The Uncool Kids at the Uncool Kids Table
Briggs & Jensen defeated Legado del Fantasma in an okay match. The coolest moment was, undoubtedly, when Briggs caught Joaquin Wilde as Wilde attempted to hit a 450 Splash. Briggs caught the man with one hand and turned it into the Total Elimination! That was very, very dope.

Nikkita and Lash Still Don’t Like Each Other
Nikkita Lyons squashed her opponent. This was just a showcase for Nikkita, who shows her skills exceed beyond the thirst. Lash Legend showed up to talk her trash, but it was one way. Nikkita didn’t say anything in response, merely gestured to the crowd. It was a weird look to let her get dissed like that and not say anything. Also made the segment a tad awkward.

The Weird Kids Who Wear Jackets Got Beat Up
Von Wagner tore Ikemen Jiro’s jacket. Sure, he beat Bodhi Hayward from Chase U, but the story here is his beef with Jacket Time. Jiro and KUSHIDA sat ringside during this match and Wagner got in their faces when it was over. After issuing a beatdown of his own to both men—weird choice—he tore Jiro’s jacket. Blasphemy.
I’m still not feeling Wagner but I get what they’re doing with him and why. He’s a big guy and has a natural heel energy. I’m sure it’s working for some but, to quote a fav movie of mine, it’s not my tempo.

Weird and Confused
Weird describes this stalking angle with Draco Anthony and Joe Gacy. Confused describes me after this match. It wasn’t a bad match by any means, but I’m at a loss with the story. Gacy wants to recruit Draco but Xyon Quinn is also a part of the story too as Draco’s friend. Where was he during the match? Then, with Gacy winning and no follow-up post match, where are we going?

This was a solid go home show. We got several good matches, some video packages hyping matches, more intrigue on who attacked the Brothers Creed, final words from Tommaso Ciampa, and the last piece of ladder match puzzle. Stand and Deliver might not be a bad way to jumpstart a Saturday afternoon.

Grade: B

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 2:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
The most Stupendous WrestleMania ever...for their mind. I've seen far more stupendous. No Andre the Giant match, their midcard titles aren't even represented, celebs everywhere at key spots wrestlers should be in, bringing back legends for ratings and views. Only one match seems watchable. I've seen far more stupendous. Can we finally agree these people don't know what they are doing anymore.

I didn't watch last year's. I'm sure I'm not going to miss anything this year. I just wanna see Austin.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by dahmie2013: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2022
Guys, how's preps for the most stupendous 2 night wrestlemania. For me, I am not so excited because I am not enthusiastic about the matches. I am only eager to watch AJ Styles and Edge. Others are just there. Roman Reigns and my beasty beast, I am tired of watching.
Nyways, enjoy your wrestlemania weekend... Cheers... wink cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 2:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

This was the WrestleMania go home episode of Friday Night SmackDown, dubbed “WrestleMania SmackDown,” and neither WWE Champion Brock Lesnar nor Universal Champion Roman Reigns appeared live and in person.
Instead, we got a video package, which was admittedly good (“All Nightmare Long” by Metallica was a nice music choice, shout out to Triple H), but the absence of a strong go home angle in favor of a Happy Corbin segment with Drew McIntyre’s sword in the main event of this show felt strange to say the least.
It was downright bizarre.
I suppose the idea was to bring across how important they still deem McIntyre to be, and what the future likely holds for him, but I just can’t see any real justification for not closing this show with the big names or, hell, even having them appear at all.
Baffling.
Charlotte Flair was given solo promo time to sell her SmackDown women’s title defense against Ronda Rousey on this show, and she didn’t really say much of anything different than what we’ve been getting. It was good enough, and she comes across like a big star should, with the crowd responding to her as such.
Flair called herself “cool” and how “cool” it is that every woman wants to be her and every man wants to be with her. She’ll take Rousey to school on it and as far as everyone is concerned, “I’ve got ya beat there too, bitch.”
Rousey didn’t appear live, instead getting a short video from “earlier today” where she was interviewed briefly while “getting in some extra training.” She again told Flair to tap out or have her arm ripped off and taken to the Rousey household to become a souvenir for the family, which they would love.
What’s actually worth highlighting is this hype ass video they put together for the match and aired just after Rousey’s interview and just before Flair’s promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uobf0Ag3tFI

How good is that?!?
It almost makes the rest of the feud worth it just so they could pick out the bits and pieces they needed to make that video. WWE’s production team doesn’t miss with these video packages.
It’s finally time, folks.

All the Rest
The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal has felt like something of an afterthought for years now, especially seeing as they moved it to the SmackDown before WrestleMania instead of putting it on WrestleMania itself. Having said that, this year’s version was a fun little sprint of a battle royal that managed to hit upon multiple stories in the span of about 10 minutes. Madcap Moss winning by last eliminating the U.S. champion was a surprise, but it seems clear they have future plans for Moss and I’m starting to see more and more of why that’s the case all the time. He annoys the hell out of me, sure, but he’s supposed to. Famous last words incoming: let’s see where they go from here…

Ricochet vs. Angel vs. Humberto was always going to be about whether or not the latter two, who are a tag team, could get along enough to figure out who would be the one to win. Sure, they could dish out all the damage they wanted together, and Ricochet would be overmatched, but then who would win? That was the story of this match, and they ultimately nearly turned on each other before Ricochet took advantage of the discord to retain his Intercontinental championship. Even knowing this is how this would play out, all parties involved made it entertaining and got the crowd into it. It was fun!

Continuing their streak of building to the Fatal 4-Way women’s tag team title match by simply having the teams involved wrestle fun matches, Sasha Banks & Naomi defeated the champs, Queen Zelina Vega & Carmella, without all that much difficulty. A sign of things to come, perhaps? The crowd certainly seemed behind it, but the messaging here wasn’t so subtle — the teams of Liv Morgan & Rhea Ripley and Shayna Baszler & Natalya were both ringside watching it go down, their presence looming large.

That sniveling little shit Austin Theory went and committed the cardinal sin — he interrupted Pat McAfee dancing on the desk while Rick BOOGS was playing Shinsuke Nakamura to the ring. Then he ran to Vince McMahon to save him from McAfee whooping his ass, hiding behind him like a punk kid! I hate him! (Man, this whole thing is actually pretty slick, huh? It’s such a basic story, and such a simple hook, but they sure as hell got me with it. Even more so now that Vince himself has stuck his face in and threatened to fire McAfee. The payoff here, McAfee finally beating this troll up, is going to be a lot of fun.)Theory’s trolling interrupted a Jimmy Uso vs. Rick BOOGS singles match, and after Finn Balor decided to show up and put the boots to Theory, they made an impromptu six-man tag team match. McAfee was great on commentary cheering hard for every bit of Theory’s misery, at one point yelling at him on the apron “you’re a punk, dude! Everybody hates you!” Surprisingly, or maybe not so, they had Theory pin Balor in the said six-man and Michael Cole had to back McAfee off. Fans responded by chanting for Cole, which was actually pretty great. Again, fantastic promotion for the match.
This was a good show standalone, but was missing some things as a go home show.

Grade: B
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by obonujoker(m): 6:23am On Apr 03, 2022
The EST
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 6:44am On Apr 03, 2022
I haven't been happy seeing that Ronda didn't win WrestleMania match
I'm heartbroken
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:00am On Apr 03, 2022
WWE wrestlemania Saturday REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

EST is the new C-H-A-M-P
Bianca Belair and Becky Lynch are the two biggest stars in WWE. They present themselves as such every time they’re on television, and they know how to go big for huge moments.
What moment is bigger than WrestleMania?
Starting with their entrances, where Becky pulled up in a luxury truck and and Texas State University, a storied HBCU, played Bianca to the ring, this felt like the main event. To say nothing of the fact both women dressed to impress, with Becky getting my geek heart all aflutter with a combination of David Bowie and Blade Runner.
Shocking no one reading this, these two delivered like it was the main event.
The match started with a recreation of their moment from SummerSlam. Bianca extended her hand for a handshake. Becky sucker punched her, went for the Manhandle Slam, Bianca countered, Bianca went for a Dis-Arm-Her, Becky countered, and the two did everything in their power to end this thing early. We got big moves followed by two counts, counters into pin attempts resulting in only two counts, and action that no doubt made Vin Diesel smile. Why?
Because it was fast and furious. Thank you, I’ll be here all weekend.
Eventually the match settled into the story, which was Becky constantly ahead of Bianca and neutralizing the challenger’s strength. Becky was in front of Bianca’s every move, and kept her off balance. And almost any chance she got to get a count out victory, she took it. Becky’s entire title reign since coming back is all about finding a way to win. She holds the ropes, which she tried here, she puts her feet on the ropes, which she also tried, and skates by telling everyone she’s just smarter than they are for not taking advantage of the situation.
But Bianca—and the referee—withstood all of that. And Bianca handled all of Becky’s aggression, eventually getting herself together and finding her strength. The highlight for me was Bianca hitting a 450 Splash from the SECOND ROPE. Read that sentence again and then watch it however you can. Becky didn’t go down for the count, but the fact that it happened is insane.
Two moments signified the end of this one. The first happened when the action spilled outside and Becky gained the advantage, thanks to yanking Bianca’s braid and sending the challenger into the ring post. That was followed by a Manhandle Slam onto the steel steps. Bianca, and the match itself, found its tension in the ref’s 10 count. Bianca looked dazed and confused, but found energy to get in at a 9-count! Maybe 9.5.
After this, it was Becky, clearly at her wits end, preparing to put Bianca away but got a little sloppy in the process. Becky hoisted Bianca on her shoulders but got too close to the turnbuckle. Bianca flipped over the champ, countered into the KOD, and walked home your new Raw Women’s champion.
Great match, great finish, and a dope moment for Bianca. The story that started way back at SummerSlam 2021 ended perfectly at WrestleMania. That’s it, that’s all, say no more.

Austin 3:16
What I said about Bianca and Becky being the biggest stars in the company is true. But I’ll be damned if Steve Austin still isn’t the man in this company. Yes, they’re in Texas, but the pop Austin received when that glass broke was visceral. It gives goosebumps. Whether it’s 1998 or 2022, Austin rules any areas he walks into.
Kevin Owens’ mannerisms and facial expressions as Austin walked to the ring were priceless. Once the two sat down, Kevin revealed his plan was never to talk; he wanted a fight.
Duh.
KO challenged Austin to a no holds barred match. Now, Austin still looks good. Older? Sure. But the man is in shape. Austin looked to the crowd, asked their opinion, called down a ref, and just like that, we got Stone Cold Steve Austin’s final (?) match.
Austin played the hits: Stomped mud holes, walked ‘em dry, threw vicious right hands, and drank beer in between the beatdown. But this was more of a match than I assumed going into the proceedings. The no holds barred stipulation allowed them to brawl, which was always Austin’s forte, and the Rattlesnake took some pretty serious bumps. The fact a man that age with that much time off can still issue seamless suplexes is worth a trip to church.
Owens surprised Austin with a Stunner but that wasn’t enough to keep him down. Owens got greedy, went for a chair, swung it at Austin, Austin ducked, and the chair bounced off the ropes and pummeled KO. Don’t you hate it when you’re hoisted on your own petard?
That provided Austin the opening he needed for a Stone Cold Stunner, and that was all she wrote.
This was pure nostalgia and a great way to send everyone home happy.

Undeniable
The secret is finally revealed: Cody Rhodes is the the newest WWE Superstar. WWE let him keep his entire AEW packaging, complete with ring entrance, moniker, and wrestling attire. It was surreal seeing something I’m used to seeing on AEW transposed to WWE’s larger canvas.
Seth Rollins didn’t think it was cool, that’s for damn sure. I love the touch commentary added, noting this match featured one of Dusty’s prize pupils facing off against Dusty’s flesh and blood. That was a nice wrinkle that makes me wish this wasn’t a surprise and we actually got some build. But hey, maybe we can do that again in the future because there’s some compelling stuff there.
Anyway, this felt like more like an AEW-style match than a WWE match. There’s nothing wrong with either style, so sheath your fingers, but it’s important to note that maybe, just maybe, Cody gets to play his own music. He did for at least one night, as he and Seth battled. It wasn’t match of the night, but it was a good wrestling match between two cats who are good at wrestling.
Seth pulled out all of the stops to embarrass Cody, including calling him a b*tch and welcoming him back to “the big time.” I wonder if that’s what Becky says to him whenever they’re home. But Seth slapped Cody, attempted several Pedigrees, hit one, and just wanted to get under the man’s skin. But Cody maintained and never let the moment or the emotion get too big for him.
He weathered the Freakin’ storm and refused to stay down, even with hurt ribs. Eventually, Cody swindled Seth into a pair of Cross Rhodes. And just when it looked like he wanted to go for thirds, he paid homage to his dad. After a Bionic Elbow, Cody landed the third Cross Rhodes, getting the pin and ruining Seth’s Mania moment.
Good for Cody. The crowd loved him and he got a chance to soak up all the adulation. Remains to be seen which brand Cody resides. And, if it is Raw, does Seth go for revenge? He’s a psychopath so anything is possible.

The Rest
Amigos
Guess what? Logan Paul is pretty damn good. Son is a natural in the ring. Not just at pulling off moves but in terms of getting heat. The man did the Three Amigos on Rey Mysterio and, to quote a friend, the heat he received was enough to fuel a massive fire pit. THEN, he went for the Frog Splash and mocked Eddie Guerrero in the process. Whew, Texas wanted his blood.
This was a fun match that needed the WrestleMania stage. Any time someone comes out rocking a Pokemon card around their neck, you know you’re in for something awesome.
But but but, The Mysterios didn’t win. Miz outsmarted everyone, tagging himself in right before Logan caught a double 619, then nailed Rey with a Skull Crushing Finale. The crowd was even more incensed. THEN, Miz turned on Logan, making the crowd erupt in joy.
Clearly, Logan and Miz will see each other again, but I pray on everything that is Holy they don’t make Logan the face here. But then again, Miz can’t be the face either. Decisions, decisions.
That’s for later though. For now, let’s celebrate a damn fine tag match.

Best Tag Team in the World
There was a moment in this tag match between The Uso’s and Rick Boogs & Shinsuke Nakamura where Boogs was on a roll. Boogs hoisted one Uso brother on his shoulders and another jumped on. Then Rick collapsed in the middle of the ring. The commentators said his knee gave out and it looked like a work for a bit. But the longer it went on, the more real it felt.
As a result, this match seemed like it went a little shorter than planned. Nakamura fought Jimmy and Jey the best he could, but c’mon. They’re not the best tag team in the world for no reason. After an Uso splash and a 1D, Jimmy and Jey walked out of WrestleMania with titles in hand.
Shoutout to Boogs. Early word is, it’s a torn quad. All the prayers in the world for the man. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Claymore Connection
Happy Corbin and Drew McIntyre did the damn thing. WrestleMania worthy? Not really. But still a good match. Drew avenged the theft of his sword and his mother’s honor with a victory that displayed his freakish athleticism. There was a moment where this 6 ft. 5 in. man leaped over the top rope for a Swanton Dive onto Madcap Moss and Corbin.
McIntyre became the first man to kick out of the End of Days, and it was over for Corbin at that point. Corbin managed to escape the first Claymore attempt with the help of his friend, but he wasn’t so lucky the second time around.
1-2-3, ding.
And we finally saw Angela put to good use. Drew swiped at Moss, and cut the ropes. While it’s not a decapitation, I’ll allow it.
Like I said, the problem is this exact match would feel right at home on a normal Friday night.

Charlotte Survives...Whatever that Was
Ronda Rousey and Charlotte Flair have no chemistry, resulting in a match with no flow. The match never got out of first gear. What’s worse, it didn’t even feel special.
Ronda had two moments where the match was hers. The first time came from after Piper’s Pit knocked Charlotte out for the count. And the three-count happened, but the ref noticed Flair’s foot on the ropes. Then, Ronda managed to get Charlotte to tap out, but the Charles Robinson took a bump and was indisposed.
Ronda woke him up only to take a boot to the face from Flair. Mercifully, this ended the match and Flair retains her championship.

WrestleMania Saturday is in the books and it was a fantastic one. Even with one obvious stinker of the bunch and the unfortunate injury, WWE delivered a good night of wrestling, entertainment, and nostalgia. Which is exactly what WrestleMania is supposed to bring every year.

Grade: A-

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:00am On Apr 03, 2022
maureensylvia:
I haven't been happy seeing that Ronda didn't win WrestleMania match
I'm heartbroken

worst match of the night

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Gidah: 10:18am On Apr 03, 2022
Cody and Seth match is fire just saw replay on dstv
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by maureensylvia(f): 10:20am On Apr 03, 2022
pu7pl3:

worst match of the night

Heartbroken...
I hope there will be a rematch
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2022
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 2:45pm On Apr 03, 2022
Charlotte is boring abeg. Can they just move the belt away from her already?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2022
pu7pl3:

worst match of the night
Which is surprising cos their first match was much much better
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2022
badinfluence:
Charlotte is boring abeg. Can they just move the belt away from her already?
and give it to who? cos she's the female roman reigns
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2022
Qu3sT:

Which is surprising cos their first match was much much better

I don't think they booked the spots well

And this is after i hailed and highlighted their promo and awesome video package
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2022
[img]https:///86796eef1b7f6f783378831376decf01/a733f09cdc224855-a2/s540x810/ca50dedef09d87564102db226b0ae29cf48155fa.gif[/img]

[img]https:///b4e7f1352bc7d2a3f170e8054eb52bda/45e8f41cfb16feed-63/s640x960/1d69b9c5e20f1d2025a77393b6834e100c16f498.jpg[/img]
These two werey are doing an extravagance showoff grin

[img]https:///0400d2b32e710a0315116cc2530d02e3/efcdac70a3a00a17-86/s640x960/b9e99f629a6219fc662edcef7bfd91f994ab9689.jpg[/img]
Back to back wrestlemania title wins....from her entrance, to the way she carries herself and her athletism, Bianca is a star.

[img]https:///33fa2a231514d59bc29ae963684cc085/1a2476e43681321f-6f/s640x960/39207f9e7bbc4a6b8f6c37ea35ccab146f68faf6.gif[/img]

[img]https:///08947999018fb95f1e288b703e2f8d91/1a2476e43681321f-10/s640x960/a866a7fa38a9d80eef5623e8c69cff8c34bcf333.gif[/img]
oga don show......and what a way to return with a banger of a match, let's see where he goes from here.

[img]https:///f651e3c01d8fef0cdff6f93bc38bf973/808ae07c6d571528-6e/s640x960/dcab3e3abff65d99c674c2b77b8c9a27a1656ed8.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///5bbd4ea432f4e843be9ee195b838802e/1d3b8bca895134d3-4e/s500x750/6e147c9cf92ae9d02f36b9ec827c57602ddb397b.gif[/img]

[img]https:///e7bfd17471f4b5b428575f6fef9a03a1/ca086a2746055c7a-be/s540x810/779428401a8b8bfd37565e8bf068144bb02eee6f.gif[/img]

imagine me thinking it was just gonna be a stunner and the match ends, omo stone cold took a suplex on concrete, watch a main event

Onto night 2

almost forgot
[img]https:///3a70d03f769f5973a0ace83f0c05fd50/9b7be4ea3a651456-d6/s500x750/cb379af197945389de1181534c13f4b1cb068629.gif[/img]
Drew became the first person to kick out of end of days
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2022
Qu3sT:

and give it to who? cos she's the female roman reigns
Any body at this point. Roman isn't boring, she is. She needs a long time away from the belt, they should have her do something else.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
badinfluence:

Any body at this point. Roman isn't boring, she is. She needs a long time away from the belt, they should have her do something else.
The problem with Charlotte is that u cannot imagine her without a title on her, think back to the last time that Charlotte wasn't involved in the women's title picture.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 6:30pm On Apr 03, 2022
Qu3sT:

The problem with Charlotte is that u cannot imagine her without a title on her, think back to the last time that Charlotte wasn't involved in the women's title picture.
That's why they should find something else for her. Even if she doesn't win that title again, nobody is topping that record. She needs something fresh, maybe a time away. I don't care if she takes over Sonya's place as a 'wwe official'..
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Gidah: 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
Maybe i don't know wrestling much but I actually think Charlotte is among top 3 female wrestlers in the world if not first

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2022
Gidah:
Maybe i don't know wrestling much but I actually think Charlotte is among top 3 female wrestlers in the world if not first

You're correct
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2022
To be continued cool

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2022
My babe Charlotte flair won, sad Becky Lynch lost.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:05am On Apr 04, 2022
People are saying good things about WrestleMania 38 asides the main event and McMahon's selling of the Stone Cold Stunner ofcourse.
And I like this...
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Gidah: 9:43am On Apr 04, 2022
Johnny Knoxville vs Sami zayn is fun
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:37am On Apr 04, 2022
WWE wrestlemania Sunday REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Let’s talk WrestleMania...again!

Your Winner, and Undisputed Champion...
Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar put on a Goliath vs. Goliath match. What’s that, you ask? It’s when two cats, who are basically built up as gods on earth, wrestle each other with nothing but big moves. Brock and Roman were never giving us what AJ Styles and Edge did earlier.
This was always going to be about multiple spears, multiple Superman Punches, and pretty much multiple of anything that easily finishes any other wrestler on the roster.
That much was made clear early on when Brock literally took Roman’s best shots and kept getting up. Not only did the Superman Punches not phase him, but he found them hilarious. Brock wasn’t laughing when he took a spear through the barricade early, but he did survive, although with a pair of hurt ribs.
Throughout the match, even when he took Reigns to Suplex City several times over, Brock held those ribs and winced. Reigns came with more spears and Brock kept getting up. But more importantly, he kept wincing.
Reigns went to the well of spears (sounds like something from Raiders of the Lost Ark) another time but Brock caught him in the Kimura Lock.
And here’s where the match gets a little weird.
Reigns is in the lock for what feels like eons while Brock is turning purple. Reigns gets the ropes, Brock finally relents, and winces again as he stands. While the ref is keeping the Beast at bay, Reigns is repeatedly yelling to Paul Heyman “it’s out” referring to his shoulder. So, we got Reigns with a hurt shoulder and Brock with hurt ribs. Okay, now we can really get st...
Or so I thought. Reigns stood to his feet, Brock went for another F5, Reigns escaped, hit another spear, and that was all she wrote.
It was over just like that. In movie terms, this was all act one. Right when it looked like act two was upon us, the credits rolled. It was abrupt and a bit of a shock. Maybe that’s what they were going for because Michael Cole mentioned how quickly Reigns ended this thing and sent everyone home.
As it stands, the match was fine. It didn’t put a damper on the night at all but it lacked the things necessary to put it over the top. Brock is rarely the type to take anything laying down, so I’m curious if this is the end to this saga or just another chapter.
For now? Acknowledge your Undisputed champion. Even if he earned that title in an unsatisfying fashion.

Sudden Death Tag
The triple threat tag between The Street Profits, Alpha Academy, and RK-Bro lived up to the hype. Well, specifically, my personal hype for the match.
To differentiate it from their past encounters, WWE framed it as “sudden death.” That meant the action was the opposite of slow and placid. Rather than the normal game of “anything you can do I can do better” the teams went with “who can get the job done the earliest and fastest?” This led to a ring-clearing brawl, each team getting tossed out of the ring, and of course, Montez Ford playing Superman by leaping over the turnbuckle to collide with the wrestlers outside of the ring. While Chad didn’t quite top that, his Moonsault to everyone was still a cool visual and illustrated the sense of urgency each man felt.
Riddle, as per usual, was the whipping boy. Otis, as per usual, was the great equalizer. Nom scratch that, Otis was the greatest equalizer.
The breakneck pace made it hard for any team to capture any momentum. Meaning it came down to the first mistake. Unfortunately, neither the Profits of the Street or the Alphas understood this going in and they paid the price.
Montez, with Randy Orton square in his sights, went to the top rope to finish the match. But he forgot about Riddle on the outside. Randy’s partner nailed Tez with a top rope RKO. If that wasn’t enough, Chad Gable took to the skies as well—copying Montez again—and flew head first into an RKO from Randy.
RK-Bro are still your tag team champs!
But then the post-match happened. The Profits hit the ring, solo cups in hand, apparently as peace offerings for RK-Bro. I thought we were getting a heel turn. I want us to get a heel turn. And maybe we will, but not at the stupendous WrestleMania. Instead, the Profits invited Gable Steveson to the ring to partake in the solo cup concoction.
Chad Gable interfered and, since you know wrestling, it’s easy to tell what happened from there. One thing led to another and Gable suplexed Chad into another zip code. And this is Texas; these aren’t small cities.
While it wasn’t the ending I hoped for, this was a hell of a match and a great way to kickoff WrestleMania Sunday.

Boss x Glow Connection
There was a moment during this very good triple threat Women’s Tag Team Championship match that reset the field. Liv Morgan and Rhea Ripley realized each of their opponents were on adjacent top ropes. Both women took hold of a body, and proceeded to do the superplex/powerbomb spot that never gets old. Up until this point, this was the story of a very even matchup with each team getting their moment in the sun. After Liv and Rhea put everyone on the mat, the match found it’s true story: Why Sasha Banks & Naomi are a better team than Carmella & Queen Zelina.
The beauty of this type of match is anyone can tag in at any given moment without tagging their own partner. But one team kept it a family affair, for the most part, and that was Sasha and Naomi. They utilized quick tags to each other, ensuring the best seal of freshness this side of Ziploc. Sasha and Naomi found a rhythm while the tag champs only found frustration.
Carmella’s offensive fury wasn’t enough to keep Naomi down. Zelina was no match for Sasha. Despite the number of times it looked like The Boss and Naomi had the titles in hand, they never lost their composure. Not even once. They simply adapted on the fly.
Carmella kicks out of Sasha’s Frog Splash? Cool, no problem. Regroup. Zelina saves her partner from the Bank Statement? Also cool. There was never a moment where Sasha and Naomi were over their heads, while the champs—and every other team—couldn’t keep it together.
Fittingly, the Boss and Glow connect used a double team finisher that’s part of what Naomi does best and part of what Sasha does best. All Carmella could do was look up at the lights while the ref counted to three, and we have new tag champs.
Fun match with a great story, along with Sasha Banks finally getting a WrestleMania win.

The New Stable of Omnipotence
Edge and AJ Styles put on, shocker, a really good match. This was a tale of psychology: Edge’s bum knee vs. AJ’s separated shoulder. But before we even go there, let’s talk about the entrances. AJ stepped to the ring already bleeding—Cody is jealous somewhere—while Edge rose through the floor on his Throne of Omnipotence, perched on his Mountain of Omnipotence surrounded by rings of fire.
Two thumbs way up, Edge.
The match lived up that pomp and circumstance as both men felt each other out in the early goings. It’s always a nice touch when great veterans start off basically wrestling to a draw. It lets us all know they both did their homework, they’re evenly matched, and truly need to find another level to get the job done.
And the match played out just like that. AJ using one arm constantly bit him in the ass. His Torture Rack Bomb? Great with two hands, merely okay with one. The Styles Clash? Really hard to lift someone with one arm and AJ tried twice to no avail. Even if Styles’ attacks weren’t as effective as normal, they did make a dent.
Edge played the role of the exhausted veteran who just wanted to hold on long enough. His Edge-O-Matic didn’t put Styles away, nor did his multiple STF and Crossface attempts.
Eventually, AJ had Edge right where he wanted him. When the Phenomenal One loaded up for another Phenomenal Forearm attempt, someone caught his eye. that someone was Damian Priest, who apparently developed teleportation powers because I refuse to believe a man that size can move that quietly and unnoticed. But, okay, sure, he appeared out of nowhere, dressed in all black like his namesake.
That split second hesitation was the mistake Edge needed to see. Once AJ went airborne, Edge met him with a spear in mid-air.
The bell went ding, Edge got the W, and Damian Priest joined his new partner (leader?) in the ring for a maniacal laugh session.
Edge and AJ told one of those epics that you either love or love to hate. Or merely like. I like them a lot, even if it felt out of place on this particular show. WrestleMania Saturday and Sunday was anything but methodically paced. Edge and AJ provided a different flavor tonight with a huge development  at the story’s conclusion. I dig it.

The Rest
McMahon Two for One
Pat McAfee put on a show during his match with Austin Theory. A hell of a show, actually. Pat showed agility, dexterity, and a natural ability at this thing called wrestling. And that other thing called sports entertaining. Pat caught Austin off guard and picked up the W on a roll up.
Done, right? Match over, we can all move on to the next thing.
Nope!
There was a rumor many moons ago about Vince McMahon wrestling Pat McAfee and I remember thinking that was silly. Then it happened, and yes, it was silly. The old man took umbrage with his protege losing and with Pat gloating. Vince took off his jacket, hit the ring, and “beat up” Pat McAfee. The funniest moment was Vince punting a football into Pat’s chest for the W.
Oh, but that wasn’t it!
With Vince gloating and celebrating in the ring with Theory, we all knew what was coming. There’s no way WWE passes up an opportunity to get Austin and McMahon back in the ring together. In another moment of hilarity, Vince flinched to the wrong music cue. He, like so many apparently, don’t know Austin Theory’s theme music.
But then the glass broke and Vince knew what time it was. Austin went to the ring, stunned Theory, drank a beer with Vince, stunned him, and then drank a beer with Pat. Oh, and then stunned Pat too just because DTA is a thing.
It was, dare I say, stupendous.
Austin is magic. Not like rabbit out of the hat magic or saw a woman in half magic, either. There will never be another like him in pro wrestling. I don’t care how many people we designate as “stars” or “the next big thing.” Not a single soul will ever reach the heights of Stone Cold Steve Austin. I said it before and I’ll say it again: Austin is the biggest star in any pro wrestling arena he walks into. And that includes arenas occupied by Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar.

The All Mighty Suplex
Bobby Lashley is the first man to pin Omos. That’s a big deal. An even bigger deal is that he suplexed the big man. I wondered how they planned to top Lashley getting the big man off of his feet like he did on the most recent episode of Raw. Well, a vertical suplex will do it.
It wasn’t the best match but seeing Lashley do the unthinkable, and watching the build up to the moment, was great.

Welcome to the Trap
Real talk: If you weren’t entertained by what Sami Zayn and Johnny Knoxville did in that wrestling ring, I don’t know what to tell you. Pontius showed up and showed his ass. Wee Man bodyslammed—yes, you read that correctly—Sami. Sami suffered multiple strikes to the gonads, got slapped in the face by a gigantic baby powder-less hand, and, in the end, was beaten with the help of the biggest mouse trap in history.
Welcome to the trap, Sami.
This was great. It was exactly what it needed to be and overdelivered. Props to you, Johnny Knoxville.
I pray I never get too old to enjoy someone getting kicked in the balls. That’s a maturity of which I want no parts.

Thanks, HHH
Triple H kicked off the show with one last entrance and left his boots in the ring. Another nice bookend moment on a weekend filled with them for the man formerly known as Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

For Big E? Sure, Man
On Saturday, WWE bumped the match between The New Day and the Guy Ritchie Special of Sheamus and Ridge Holland. On WrestleMania Sunday, we got that match.
Nah, we didn’t. We got Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods getting squashed in a match commentary told us was dedicated to Big E.
Let that sink in: They were squashed in a match dedicated to their partner and brother who suffered an actual broken neck a few weeks ago.
And while we’re on the subject, WWE, do us a favor. Stop showing Big E getting his neck broken. I understand using it as a part of your story, which is fine. But you don’t need to show the footage to make the point. It’s weird and gross.
On a night where WWE made so many right moves, this was, by far, a terrible look on multiple fronts.

Another incredible night of professional sports entertainment wrestling. WWE delivered on its STUPENDOUS promise overall, even if night two didn’t quite reach the heights of night one. The best match of the event was on night one and Austin—shock—gave night two a bit more juice. Night two didn’t flow as well as night one and he best matches were the gimmick matches. And then there’s whatever the hell they did with The New Day that was just stupid and wrong.
That said, I’m looking forward to Raw and cannot wait to see what's coming our way after this phenomenal weekend of wrestling.

Grade: B+
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:38am On Apr 04, 2022
Gidah:
Johnny Knoxville vs Sami zayn is fun

grin grin
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 11:22am On Apr 04, 2022
What if Balor and Styles reunite to take on Edge and his new disciple?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2022
I laugh each time I watch this segment. It reminds me of when I was a child running away from my elder brother. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uES5lsn18Uw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Gidah: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2022
And Dolph ziggler retains nxt belt
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Qu3sT(m): 8:03pm On Apr 04, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.