Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (290700 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 9:20am On Apr 08, 2023
WWE SMACKDOWN REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Roman Reigns was not at Friday Night SmackDown this week.
Jimmy Uso, too, was not at SmackDown.
As it turned out, that was because Reigns wanted Jimmy to stay home and watch his brother, Jey, take on Sami Zayn all by his lonesome. Paul Heyman explained as much backstage early in the show. When Jey, none too pleased with this, walked off, Heyman then told Solo Sikoa “either he solves the Sami Zayn problem tonight, or you solve our problems tonight.”
Intrigue!
Later, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn met backstage. The former talked about this being a great opportunity to put The Bloodline behind them. Beat Jey Uso here, and they can move forward.
Naturally, Zayn had a feeling.
That feeling, as he explained it, was a sense of obligation and he couldn’t shake the thought that perhaps he should have a talk with Jey. KO didn’t even try to talk him out of it, instead laying out the facts — it’s a bad idea.
Sami said he was right, and then told him not to worry.
But that didn’t seem to allay any fears of what was to come.
Intrigue!
Later still, Zayn actually did catch up to Jey and had the same message for him as before — it doesn’t have to be this way. Hey, look around: Jimmy is gone, Reigns is mad, Heyman is selling lies, and Solo looks ready to drop the hammer. Sami did what he said he would, taking the tag team titles at WrestleMania, and he’ll beat more sense into Jey if he has to. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Just then, Owens was attacked by Sikoa, getting his leg crushed as Jey looked on, seemingly unsure of himself.
It was finally time for the match.
They played it fairly straight up, a typical Bloodline match. Late in the match, Sikoa got involved, hitting the Samoan Spike and paving the way for Jey to pick up the victory. After, he helped Jey up and all seemed to be well.
But then…
Sikoa went about a beatdown of Sami that Jey stopped. It got a big pop and was one hell of a tease ... That lasted all of a few seconds, when Jey delivered a superkick and ordered Solo to get a chair so they could finish Sami off proper.
BRO!
Yep.
Matt Riddle, of all people, showed up to save the day. There is some storyline continuity there, as it was Sikoa who took him out when they needed to write him off. It still feels like an odd fit for him to plug in here, though.
That might just be me.
They did leave the door open just enough for Reigns and Jey to still have some problems coming out of this too, but we’ll see.
The big Triple H announcement, as it turns out, was the return of the Draft:
The Draft is one of the easiest wins of the year for WWE, because it generates automatic interest if only to see the results of it but I’m having a bit of a hard time getting all that hyped for it considering Triple H spent much of the past year more or less ignoring the brand split. Wrestlers have been bouncing back and forth from Raw to SmackDown on a weekly basis.
So what’s it matter if they’re technically on one roster over the other?
Oh, who am I kidding, I’ll be in on this big time by the time it gets here. It’s a draft! It’s always a good time, and they always manage to throw a surprise or two in there.
They damn well better have something special in store this year with how Triple H hyped it here.

All the rest
-Although GUNTHER won the triple threat match for his Intercontinental championship against Drew McIntyre and Sheamus at WrestleMania 39, they kicked off this week’s show with a six-man tag pitting Imperium vs. The Brawling Brutes. They spent much of the match building to Sheamus getting the hot tag so he could square up with GUNTHER again, and Portland absolutely loved it. Maybe this thing still has legs? The match was a lot of fun, one of those six-mans that just breaks down into chaos, with bodies flying everywhere. Ultimately, Sheamus pinned Giovanni Vince after the Brogue Kick. I wouldn’t hate going back to GUNTHER vs. Sheamus at Backlash.

-Ricochet defeated Ivar of The Viking Raiders in a match that saw both Braun Strowman and Erik barred from ringside. They played this like the typical little vs. big style match-up with Ricochet using his high flying to score the win but also proving he’s got the muscle to hang with a wrestler like that. It was a fun match with the crowd happy to see the babyface going over.

-The new number one contenders to the women’s tag team titles, Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez, defeated Natalya & Shotzi — who were calling themselves “ballsy baddies” — in a match Wade Barrett admitted on commentary before it ever got underway was designed to sharpen their knives ahead of challenging for the championship next week. They won in relatively short order, and looked fine in the process.

-Rhea Ripley and The Judgment Day were here, with the new SmackDown women’s champion introducing herself as the new Queen of the blue brand. Finn Balor made like he was the real winner against Edge, seeing as he’s the one still standing. When Dominik Mysterio tried to talk, he was drowned out by boos. It was fantastic. It’s incredibly fun to hate this man. He claimed he held back on his father, Rey, at WrestleMania. Damian Priest got his turn, and he said he forgives Bad Bunny for making him do what he did to him on Raw. We’re definitely getting that tag match at Backlash, and the heat should be off the charts for it.
The ensuing tag team match was a ton of fun, with Priest pinning Santos Escobar after South of Heaven despite a mighty effort from Rey. I’m not a big fan of Escobar being made to look so much lesser here, mostly because I think he’s got all the potential in the world to be a big star for WWE, and he’s going to need to be booked better than this. But the bigger Mysterio family drama story is still hitting enough that I can’t fault them for playing things this way. There was also a nice little teaser for a Ripley vs. Zelina Vega match in here.

-They set up LA Knight vs. Xavier Woods on this show, with the former complaining about not making it on the card at WrestleMania and the latter unwilling to listen to those complaints. “You have to make something happen yourself,” and all that. I don’t think it was meant to be ironic, but hey, point taken. This seemed as though it was headed for a match but they didn’t get around to it this week. Kinda fitting. They did announce it for next week, at least!
The matches were fun this week, and the main story got some major development.

Grade: B-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 2:05am On Apr 09, 2023
Brain Damageson with the nuclear take

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
CoolUsername:

Clout finder that one..
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 10:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
pu7pl3:

Clout finder that one..
Never thought I'd see the day Bryan Danielson would be called a clout finder
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 10:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
The Rey x Bunny vs Judgement Day tag match at Rico was basic a foregone conclusion at mania and I'm totally happy to see it happen. Bunny has delivered in all his ring appearances, all 2 of them. And I Iook forward to see him increasing his stock as the best celebrity wrestler on his home turf.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:00am On Apr 10, 2023
Kaycee7:

He started it with that promo
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2023
Kaycee7:
The Rey x Bunny vs Judgement Day tag match at Rico was basic a foregone conclusion at mania and I'm totally happy to see it happen. Bunny has delivered in all his ring appearances, all 2 of them. And I Iook forward to see him increasing his stock as the best celebrity wrestler on his home turf.

Legado should be ready to interfere on behalf of Rey and Bunny cos numbers don't lie 🤭

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:33am On Apr 11, 2023
CoolUsername:
aren't WWE guys Superstars and Sports Entertainers anymore? You can't eat your cake and have it.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 9:00am On Apr 11, 2023
ValeeLove:
aren't WWE guys Superstars and Sports Entertainers anymore? You can't eat your cake and have it.

AEW has a 5'7" guy who beats other wrestlers with his hands in his pockets.

Nuff said.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2023
CoolUsername:

AEW has a 5'7" guy who beats other wrestlers with his hands in his pockets.

Nuff said.
you know that's not entirely true. He uses that as a gimmick, but he can very well fight (watch Cassidy vs Will Ospreay). Point is WWE will never agree that it's guys are pro-wrestlers; so with that in mind, Danielson is right.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 10:48am On Apr 11, 2023
ValeeLove:
you know that's not entirely true. He uses that as a gimmick, but he can very well fight (watch Cassidy vs Will Ospreay). Point is WWE will never agree that it's guys are pro-wrestlers; so with that in mind, Danielson is right.

Counterpoint: It is all staged so no matter how elitist Danielson wants to get about it, he's just splitting hairs over the name he wants to call people pretending to beat each other up.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 10:58am On Apr 11, 2023
Kaycee7:

He's not a clout finder, just an elitist wrestling need. Granted, he's super talented. One of the best in-ring workers the industry has to offer today. However, this is a guy who's idea of creative control is multiple heatless 15-minute bangers with Drew Gulak.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2023
CoolUsername:

Counterpoint: It is all staged so no matter how elitist Danielson wants to get about it, he's just splitting hairs over the name he wants to call people pretending to beat each other up.
at least we can both agree he's right in that context. As for who's having a better product, well that's just another topic for another day.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 11:48am On Apr 11, 2023
ValeeLove:
at least we can both agree he's right in that context. As for who's having a better product, well that's just another topic for another day.

Different strokes for different folks. If you want to watch big meaty men slapping meat, watch WWE. If want to watch people hit Canadian Destroyers off a ladder onto barbed wire, watch AEW. If you want to watch Joey Janela light his foot on fire and superkick his opponent, seek professional help.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2023
CoolUsername:

Different strokes for different folks. If you want to watch big meaty men slapping meat, watch WWE. If want to watch people hit Canadian Destroyers off a ladder onto barbed wire, watch AEW. If you want to watch Joey Janela light his foot on fire and superkick his opponent, seek professional help.
what if I want to watch goofy characters like Otis and bad groups like Damage CTRL, where do I go? We get it, AEW (fired Joey Janela) does goofy hardcore matches and make over the top decisions, but they are still more sports based than WWE. The guys at Connecticut believe gimmicks, soap opera and excess scripts is the right way to go and I can't help but shake my head. No one's getting it right at the moment, and especially not a company where sport characters refer to themselves as entertainers.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2023
WWE RAW REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Brothers Gonna Work it Out
WWE started Raw telling us that flight delays altered the week’s programming. Several wrestlers suffered travel problems, most notably Sami Zayn & Matt Riddle. Sami & Matt's absence affected Kevin Owens the most as KO prepped for a match against Solo Sikoa. With Solo’s big brothers in tow for their own match, and Paul Heyman slinking around the locker room, that meant KO, not Sikoa, played the role of a true solo act.
Not to mention the fact Solo injured KO on the most recent SmackDown. KO gave an inspirational yet understated babyface promo before the match, promising to fight no matter how much help he has or doesn’t have. Good stuff that set the stage for a main event telling yet another story in WWE’s biggest saga.
But it also got me wondering where this all ends and how. Not saying I tire of the story but matches involving Bloodline members have a particular rhythm. If it’s one-on-one, then surely Bloodline members show out, they beat you with the numbers game, and that’s that. Shockingly, this match played out along those same lines. Jimmy & Jey helped their younger brother multiple times, even though KO, at times, barely walked straight.
In fact, KO had Solo beaten multiple times if not for his knee giving out on him and one Uso distracting the ref while the other attacked Kevin. The loss doesn’t hurt KO at all since they protected him extremely well and we expect this from the Bloodline. But I do wonder how much longer do we keep hitting these same rhythms.
The one difference is that, surprise surprise, Matt & Sami showed up! Seeing Riddle run to the ring in sandals made me chuckle uncontrollably. I’m not entirely sure but it’s just funny. Props to him for not letting those things fly off his feet.
Anyway, they evened the odds and saved KO from the post match beatdown. The bad guys won the battle but they didn’t win the war this week, and that sent the crowd home happy. It’s also necessary since it shows a few more cracks in the Bloodline armor.
They’re not invincible when the odds even up and feel aimless without Roman giving orders. It still gets us no closer to an endgame and I’m not sure what that endgame is or what it looks like at this point. I’m not rehashing what happened at Mania because it’s in the past now, but I don’t know if there’s a better moment in the near future for a logical ending here.
I liked the match, even though the Usos found themselves involved in a much better affair earlier, but like I said, there’s a formula here and it’s predictable. Like any creative will tell you, the minute things feel predictable, it’s time for a change.

B-Sides
Take it to the Head
First off, shoutout to that woman holding the happy birthday sign for her “papa.” Happy birthday, papa. Hope you enjoyed it.
Really happy Finn Balor showed up this week. Those who missed WrestleMania or don’t know what happened to Finn during his match with Edge, well, just take a look.
If your breakfast still sits comfortably in your stomach, we can talk about Finn’s match with Rey Mysterio that opened Raw. Clearly a prelude to Backlash, Finn battled Reef why as Dom’s proxy when the latter declined a battle with his father for his own basketball reasons.
I liked the verbal back and forth between Dom and Rey before the match. Rey set up Bad Bunny’s future return and Dom continued acquiring heat the way Thanos acquired Infinity Stones. Dom introducing Finn as Rey’s opponent after turning down his father’s challenge only made increased that heat.
While Rey & Finn didn’t put on a spectacular match, it did the job. Not the most exciting opening for Raw, but very sound. Even with the predictable ending (Dom interfered with the big chain), everything made sense. Of course Dom cheated with the chain since Bad Bunny thwarted him at WrestleMania. With no one in his way, he bashed his father upside the head and got the Judgment Day a W. The right man won for the right reasons.

Gravel Pit
Trish Stratus filled in for Lita this week during the tag team championship match. Raquel Rodriguez and Liv Morgan found Lita injured before the match. WWE officials rushed Lita to a...nope, not saying it. Anyway, just aesthetically, this feels like a good call since Trish looks better in the ring right now than her former dance partner.
These four women put on a really dope match. I enjoyed every minute, which included the chaotic ending that, in itself, told a story. Becky and Trish don’t tag together regularly, so we got some miscommunication between the two.
And any team, even a team with greatness, can’t handle crossed lines. That lack of familiarity showed itself a few times and yes, even in the ending. Trish tagged herself in after Becky found herself out of sorts after Raquel dragged her out of the ring. Liv caught Trish by surprise and ended the match in shocking fashion.
Trish & Becky showed their disappointment but Becky took it in stride. Becky applauded her stand-in partner, which telegraphed the heel turn. If I have one criticism it’s that they held everything just a second or two too long. Trish’s turn still elicited the desired effect in Seattle, which is why I said it’s a minor criticism.
A program with Trish and Becky has my attention. We didn’t get Trish’s reasons but I do hope they make the future match that much better.

Crush on You
If you like Kaiju movies, then Bobby Lashley vs. Bronson Reed is your jam. This was a fight with as much meat slapping between two meaty men in recent memory. The story inside of the larger story concerned Bobby not only lifting Bronson but putting him in the Hurt Lock. Could he do it? How could he do it? He got close but never closed the deal because, well, you know what Bronson looks like. Bronson used his weight and momentum against Lashley. And that was the second attempt. On the first, Lashley didn’t get close.
After that second time, the action spilled out of the ring and both men battled to a count out. They didn’t care about the ref, they didn’t care about the rules; they cared about killing each other. I want more of this because they escalated everything to a point where (hopefully) a wrestling ring simply won’t confine these two. Cage? Falls Count Anywhere? Whatever produces more violence, give me that.

Tres Leches (Triboro Trilogy)
IYO SKY & Dakota Kai took issue with their leader seemingly looking out for herself over them. Bayley met with Adam Pearce for a tag team championship rematch for her girls. Pearce wanted no parts of that so Bailey set about ensuring Damage CTRL stays on the same show during the upcoming draft.
Somehow, that translated into Bailey getting a spot in a triple threat match against Piper Niven and Michin where the winner gets a shot at Bianca Belair. Bayley spun it as a championship win for her gives her more stroke. And more stroke makes it less likely Damage CTRL splits up.
Yeah, but nah. IYO spoke up and Dakota agreed. So Bayley gave IYO her spot in the match.
With all that drama, IYO had to win, right? The three ladies gave us a solid match in a night filled with them. The finish is the story though: IYO gets the win after hitting a beautiful Moonsault on both opponents and pinning Michin.
While Dakota erupted in joy, Bayley looked more reserved. She didn’t look upset about her partner winning, but she didn’t look happy either. Bayley clearly wanted that spot in the match and believes that championship belongs to her. IYO took that from her in some regards and how she reacts to it determines whether Damage CTRL has more time as a thing or if the end is near. Good seed sowing.

Elevators (Me and You)
The Usos are moving up in the world. Actually, that’s burying the lede. The Alpha Academy and the Usos killed it this week. If you watch one match from Raw this week, make it this one.
Otis is really coming into his own with this new iteration who seems more concerned with posing and preening than winning matches. Chad, though clearly annoyed, impresses me every week in every match. They work really well with Jimmy & Jey, and sell beautifully for them. Fittingly, the Usos found themselves on the wrong end of this match for most of it with that Mania loss still fresh on their resumes. While Chad & Otis aren’t on the same page lately, they still have a bit more momentum than the former tag champs.
Jey & Jimmy found their rhythm, isolated Otis, then finished Chad with the 1D. Great match, watch it now, and good heat back on the Usos.

Hail Mary
Cody Rhodes’ promo didn’t do much for me this week but I liked his overall point: He wants Brock Lesnar at Backlash...or WrestleMania Backlash. Brock gives his answer next week and I’m anxious to hear it, if only to see if he’ll make Cody work for the match and toy with him for a bit.

After the mess that was last week, this week felt like a cleanse. Not a home run show but a solid single with one must-see match and several storylines advanced down the proverbial field. Solid wrestling, logical storytelling, and nothing disheartening.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2023
ValeeLove:
what if I want to watch goofy characters like Otis and bad groups like Damage CTRL, where do I go? We get it, AEW (fired Joey Janela) does goofy hardcore matches and make over the top decisions, but they are still more sports based than WWE. The guys at Connecticut believe gimmicks, soap opera and excess scripts is the right way to go and I can't help but shake my head. No one's getting it right at the moment, and especially not a company where sport characters refer to themselves as entertainers.

You mean goofy characters like Danhausen and bad groups like Cancel Culture?

Like seriously, what's sports based about an exploding barbed wire deathmatch? Pro wrestling is entertainment and has always been.

Gimmicks are what separate a tough dude that fights well or a flippity-floppity vanilla midget from a megastar that sells merch. Storylines are what separate choreographed spotfests from emotional performances that viewers can get behind. Scripts allow wrestlers generate heat for matches without going into business for themselves like "that empty-headed dumbfxck" Hangman Adam Page.

I like WWE and I think AEW is OK. I just wish AEW would stop taking shots across the aisle because that's some WCW-type shxt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 11:49pm On Apr 11, 2023
CoolUsername:

You mean goofy characters like Danhausen and bad groups like Cancel Culture?

Like seriously, what's sports based about an exploding barbed wire deathmatch? Pro wrestling is entertainment and has always been.

Gimmicks are what separate a tough dude that fights well or a flippity-floppity vanilla midget from a megastar that sells merch. Storylines are what separate choreographed spotfests from emotional performances that viewers can get behind. Scripts allow wrestlers generate heat for matches without going into business for themselves like "that empty-headed dumbfxck" Hangman Adam Page.

I like WWE and I think AEW is OK. I just wish AEW would stop taking shots across the aisle itbecause that's some WCW-type shxt.
Cancel Culture? Never heard of it.
Danhausen is a mascot, he's not a wrestler. That's not included.
You're talking like AEW started barbed wires. WWE used barbed wires a lot back in the day too. And pro-wrestling has not always been entertainment (I know it started in carnivals) but it ended up being treated as a world wide sport with sport journalists reporting it. If WWE is pure entertainment then why are they merging with a sport company like UFC. That's where the confusion comes in. WWE fans like to call it entertainment so they can excuse illogical and ridiculous programming they endure every week.
Gimmicks don't seperate nothing from nobody. Gimmicks were created to support the insufficiencies and inefficiencies of wrestlers. It's absolutely ridiculous if you really look at it (another topic for another day).
Scripts turn sport stars to complete actors; which is not good. How am I an independent sport star when I'm to be reading a script who's content came from someone else? Imagine people writing scripts for Austin and Flair...stop imagining, it's impossible.
Yeah, like WWE didn't take shots at WCW. They even presently take shots at AEW too.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 9:27am On Apr 12, 2023
ValeeLove:
Cancel Culture? Never heard of it.
Danhausen is a mascot, he's not a wrestler. That's not included.
You're talking like AEW started barbed wires. WWE used barbed wires a lot back in the day too. And pro-wrestling has not always been entertainment (I know it started in carnivals) but it ended up being treated as a world wide sport with sport journalists reporting it. If WWE is pure entertainment then why are they merging with a sport company like UFC. That's where the confusion comes in. WWE fans like to call it entertainment so they can excuse illogical and ridiculous programming they endure every week.
Gimmicks don't seperate nothing from nobody. Gimmicks were created to support the insufficiencies and inefficiencies of wrestlers. It's absolutely ridiculous if you really look at it (another topic for another day).
Scripts turn sport stars to complete actors; which is not good. How am I an independent sport star when I'm to be reading a script who's content came from someone else? Imagine people writing scripts for Austin and Flair...stop imagining, it's impossible.
Yeah, like WWE didn't take shots at WCW. They even presently take shots at AEW too.

You mean to tell me that the guy with 20 matches in AEW is not a wrestler just because he has a goofy gimmick?

I didn't talk about the use of just barbed wire, I specifically mentioned the exploding barbed wire deathmatch which had the dumbest and most soap opera-esque finish known to man. And that's not mentioning the hilarious special effects failure. Again though, why would we even be talking about special effects if this was a real sport?

Endeavor which owns UFC and WWE is NOT a pure sports company, it is a conglomerate of media and talent agencies. Pro wrestling is not a sport, it is predetermined, most wrestlers would get flattened by actual martial artists (see CM Punk) unless they have a background in martial arts and real wrestling. If you want a real sport, go watch actual combat sports like MMA or Kickboxing. Pro wrestling has never been and will never be a real sport. I guess AEW doesn't get called entertainment because most people don't consider it entertaining.

If gimmicks were made to cover for wrestlers' insufficiencies, then doesn't that mean they help wrestlers get over? Rocky Maivia was a vanilla character before he rebranded as The Rock, Terra Ryzing from WCW came to WWE add the dapper gentleman Hunter Hearst Helmsley before he rebranded again as the HHH we know today, CM Punk started in a tag team vanes the Chick Magnets before he rebranded multiple times. Even Daniel Bryan was just a vanilla character until he started with the yes chants and blew up while in Team Hell No.

Of course established stars like Stone Cold and Ric Flair get more creative control after they have proven themselves to be dependable talkers. That doesn't change the fact that they still have to hit specific marks in every given promo.

WWE mostly references AEW in passing and rarely in a derisive manner. The only time that they actually took a shot was Edge mentioning that MJF talked about the Miz for attention. AEW takes jabs weekly.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2023
CoolUsername:

You mean to tell me that the guy with 20 matches in AEW is not a wrestler just because he has a goofy gimmick?

I didn't talk about the use of just barbed wire, I specifically mentioned the exploding barbed wire deathmatch which had the dumbest and most soap opera-esque finish known to man. And that's not mentioning the hilarious special effects failure. Again though, why would we even be talking about special effects if this was a real sport?

Endeavor which owns UFC and WWE is NOT a pure sports company, it is a conglomerate of media and talent agencies. Pro wrestling is not a sport, it is predetermined, most wrestlers would get flattened by actual martial artists (see CM Punk) unless they have a background in martial arts and real wrestling. If you want a real sport, go watch actual combat sports like MMA or Kickboxing. Pro wrestling has never been and will never be a real sport. I guess AEW doesn't get called entertainment because most people don't consider it entertaining.

If gimmicks were made to cover for wrestlers' insufficiencies, then doesn't that mean they help wrestlers get over? Rocky Maivia was a vanilla character before he rebranded as The Rock, Terra Ryzing from WCW came to WWE add the dapper gentleman Hunter Hearst Helmsley before he rebranded again as the HHH we know today, CM Punk started in a tag team vanes the Chick Magnets before he rebranded multiple times. Even Daniel Bryan was just a vanilla character until he started with the yes chants and blew up while in Team Hell No.

Of course established stars like Stone Cold and Ric Flair get more creative control after they have proven themselves to be dependable talkers. That doesn't change the fact that they still have to hit specific marks in every given promo.

WWE mostly references AEW in passing and rarely in a derisive manner. The only time that they actually took a shot was Edge mentioning that MJF talked about the Miz for attention. AEW takes jabs weekly.
yes Hausen is a mascot, if you knew him before now you'll understand what I mean. No one takes him serious. He's just for the entertainment. And yes, he shouldn't have stepped in the ring (even though he may know how to wrestle), but where do you think AEW got the motivation to let him in the ring from...? WWE of course! They are the king of phoney goofy silly ideas and matches. Remember Knoxville vs Sami at Mania? The big embarrassment to pro-wrestling, yep, WWE did it. They do more and have done more. WWE will still take the trophy for goofy matches no matter what AEW puts out.
Let's talk about barbed wire, even pu7pl3 will tell you my stand on hardcore matches, no matter what company. Whether it's exploding barbed wires or a simple chair shot to the head, one may be more goofy than the other but its roots can still be traced back to WWE and ECW. We won't be in this mess today if it wasn't for those 2 companies. The gimmick is also dated to Japan, it wasn't invented in AEW. We can't keep on pointing fingers. If all companies can agree to do away with Hardcore matches, it will be better. That's all I'm saying.
You didn't get my point on the UFC/WWE merger. I'm saying since WWE refers to itself as entertainment, what do they have in common with UFC (sport) that makes this merger possible? Did they also become a sport overnight? Weren't they entertainment just a day before? When this clarity had been made then people will start taking pro-wrestling seriously.
You guys are very selective when talking about gimmicks. When and if I point out someone who used gimmicks and it didn't work (Corbin and many more), you'll say the gimmick was the problem. Gimmicks have never worked and they never will. What made those guys successful was the work and improvement they put into their craft. The gimmicks came along with them, but it did nothing. That is why most of these guys used less of the gimmicks or basically dumped it and were still over. You think Dwayne Johnson needs a gimmick to sell tickets. Since his return in 2011 he has acted more and more like himself than anything, even uses his real name; and still he broke records at Mania. Same with Taker, he changed to a character more like him in real life (American Badass), used less spooky material, and was still over. Dusty, Flair, Harley Race - these didn't need gimmicks, they still succeeded. What's Edge's current gimmick? What about Gunther? Brock? This isn't 90s bro. If you can wrestle and act, you are good to go, no gimmicks required. Who even succeeds in life with a gimmick. Gimmicks are only used by people who aren't that good or don't know any better.
I still insist that wrestlers need no script. What they need are "interviewers". People who will ask them questions and get their opinions on things, that way they can easily answer. Going out with a mic in hand to talk about stuff is unnecessary. It's not a stage play, it's a sport that is done through entertainment.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
ValeeLove:
yes Hausen is a mascot, if you knew him before now you'll understand what I mean. No one takes him serious. He's just for the entertainment. And yes, he shouldn't have stepped in the ring (even though he may know how to wrestle), but where do you think AEW got the motivation to let him in the ring from...? WWE of course! They are the king of phoney goofy silly ideas and matches. Remember Knoxville vs Sami at Mania? The big embarrassment to pro-wrestling, yep, WWE did it. They do more and have done more. WWE will still take the trophy for goofy matches no matter what AEW puts out.

AEW got the idea to put Danhausen in matches because they know that's what their fanbase likes. Didn't it work? WWE fans like things like that, AEW fans like things like that, Impact fans like things like that, NJPW fans like things like that. Almost seems like the entire pro wrestling fanbase enjoys some level comic relief. Like it or not, Danhausen is a bona fide wrestler.

Mr T. worked a match in WrestleMania 1. Knoxville v Zayn was fun and entertaining, the same Zayn, who less than a year later was being touted as some as the guy to dethrone Roman Reigns. The truth is that it only takes a couple of months of good booking to position a talented and charismatic wrestler into whatever place in the card you need them to be.

ValeeLove:

Let's talk about barbed wire, even pu7pl3 will tell you my stand on hardcore matches, no matter what company. Whether it's exploding barbed wires or a simple chair shot to the head, one may be more goofy than the other but its roots can still be traced back to WWE and ECW. We won't be in this mess today if it wasn't for those 2 companies. The gimmick is also dated to Japan, it wasn't invented in AEW. We can't keep on pointing fingers. If all companies can agree to do away with Hardcore matches, it will be better. That's all I'm saying.

Tables, ladders, and chairs are all fine and dandy to me. What I don't like are the ridiculous deathmatch spots and excessive bleeding (due to the risk of hepatitis). When weapons are used as a crutch for mediocre in-ring work, then they become a problem.

ValeeLove:

You didn't get my point on the UFC/WWE merger. I'm saying since WWE refers to itself as entertainment, what do they have in common with UFC (sport) that makes this merger possible? Did they also become a sport overnight? Weren't they entertainment just a day before? When this clarity had been made then people will start taking pro-wrestling seriously.

That right there the problem. Nobody takes pro wrestling seriously as a sport because it isn't. It doesn't really matter though because there's still a market for it. People still pay to watch pro wrestling even with all the gimmicks and goofiness and whatnot.
Endeavor likely created a shell company for UFC and WWE for the sake of future cross-promotional events and to allow retired fighters easily transition into wrestling.

ValeeLove:

You guys are very selective when talking about gimmicks. When and if I point out someone who used gimmicks and it didn't work (Corbin and many more), you'll say the gimmick was the problem. Gimmicks have never worked and they never will. What made those guys successful was the work and improvement they put into their craft. The gimmicks came along with them, but it did nothing. That is why most of these guys used less of the gimmicks or basically dumped it and were still over. You think Dwayne Johnson needs a gimmick to sell tickets. Since his return in 2011 he has acted more and more like himself than anything, even uses his real name; and still he broke records at Mania. Same with Taker, he changed to a character more like him in real life (American Badass), used less spooky material, and was still over. Dusty, Flair, Harley Race - these didn't need gimmicks, they still succeeded. What's Edge's current gimmick? What about Gunther? Brock? This isn't 90s bro. If you can wrestle and act, you are good to go, no gimmicks required. Who even succeeds in life with a gimmick. Gimmicks are only used by people who aren't that good or don't know any better.

LOL you just pointed out old guys who built their entire careers on gimmicks in order to disprove gimmicks.
Gunther plays a seasoned German wrestler who is particular about the sanctity of the 'sport' only to resort to underhanded tactics. Brock Lesnar's gimmick is that he is a legitimately tough guy who destroys everybody. It works because of his UFC record. Edge's current gimmick is that of an older reformed trickster. It only works because he actually used to screw people over in the past.

ValeeLove:

I still insist that wrestlers need no script. What they need are "interviewers". People who will ask them questions and get their opinions on things, that way they can easily answer. Going out with a mic in hand to talk about stuff is unnecessary. It's not a stage play, it's a sport that is done through entertainment.

Or maybe you just don't really like pro wrestling?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 6:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
ValeeLove:
I don't know about anything else, but those old guys you called all got to the pinnacle with gimmicks. Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Ric flair etc. All had gimmicks which people loved.
BTW, gimmicks propelled pro wrestling to the height it is now, nobody would have loved regular guys pretend to fight. When people discuss wrestling on the street, they discuss the gimmicks. Fans act like their favourite wrestlers, the gimmicks they see on screen. When people act like Cena, they do not act like the man, but the gimmick. Taking gimmicks away, is like taking away the skeleton.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2023
badinfluence:

I don't know about anything else, but those old guys you called all got to the pinnacle with gimmicks. Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Ric flair etc. All had gimmicks which people loved.
BTW, gimmicks propelled pro wrestling to the height it is now, nobody would have loved regular guys pretend to fight. When people discuss wrestling on the street, they discuss the gimmicks. Fans act like their favourite wrestlers, the gimmicks they see on screen. When people act like Cena, they do not act like the man, but the gimmick. Taking gimmicks away, is like taking away the skeleton.
then why didn't it work for Corbin? For Wyatt? For Hurricane? For Heath Slater? For Damien Sandow? Why isn't it working for Viking Raiders? For Calito? For Wade Barrett? For Stardust? I could go on and on. Without gimmicks those guys you mentioned would still be successful. But the ones I mentioned thought they needed it (with exception of Cody). It's no wonder how their careers turned. Nobody needs a gimmick to get over. This is 2023.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2023
ValeeLove:
then why didn't it work for Corbin? For Wyatt? For Hurricane? For Heath Slater? For Damien Sandow? Why isn't it working for Viking Raiders? For Calito? For Wade Barrett? For Stardust? I could go on and on. Without gimmicks those guys you mentioned would still be successful. But the ones I mentioned thought they needed it (with exception of Cody). It's no wonder how their careers turned. Nobody needs a gimmick to get over. This is 2023.
You should know that not all gimmicks are gold. The rock's first gimmick was trash, same as Stone cold and even Undertaker (mean mark callous).
Your question is synonymous to asking why all movies aren't successful or why some movies are criticized. The right gimmick would get a wrestler over with the fans. Look at Sami and how the whole Sami uso and ucey thing helped him. People finally gave him the appreciation he deserved. Look at how 'the man' gimmick shot Becky up. Getting the right gimmick is key.
Pro wrestling is gimmick, you cannot just be a regular guy and get over. Even boxers and MMA fighters are beginning to embrace gimmicks a bit. This is 2023, and the world is tilting more towards showmanship and gimmicks. Creators are embracing it and you want pro wrestling to discard it.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
badinfluence:

You should know that not all gimmicks are gold. The rock's first gimmick was trash, same as Stone cold and even Undertaker (mean mark callous).
Your question is synonymous to asking why all movies aren't successful or why some movies are criticized. The right gimmick would get a wrestler over with the fans. Look at Sami and how the whole Sami uso and ucey thing helped him. People finally gave him the appreciation he deserved. Look at how 'the man' gimmick shot Becky up. Getting the right gimmick is key.
Pro wrestling is gimmick, you cannot just be a regular guy and get over. Even boxers and MMA fighters are beginning to embrace gimmicks a bit. This is 2023, and the world is tilting more towards showmanship and gimmicks. Creators are embracing it and you want pro wrestling to discard it.
yeah showmanship and gimmicks is what's helping MMA guys win fights. Listen, I told the previous guy his answer was going to be exactly similar with what you wrote if I asked him why some gimmicks didn't work. I wasn't wrong. If they are successful, it's the gimmick. If they aren't, it's the wrong gimmick. I'm not going to argue this. I'll only state the obvious. Cody left WWE strictly because of a gimmick - and prior to that he had already attempted more than 3. He went away to the Indies and NJPW (this one is less interested in gimmick than your average company) worked on his in-ring and character work (acting), went to AEW with the same thing, came back to WWE with the same thing and was still over in all those companies with little to no gimmick. He is today nothing more than a competitor. Sure he's a nightmare - catchphrase much -, wants to finish his dad's story - a real life situation, cannot be included as a fake wrestling story or gimmick either - and still gets to the main event of WrestleMania faster than the most gimmicked guy in WWE at the moment - Seth Rollins. Cody talks, acts and fights nothing less than a normal competitor that wants to win, nothing more, nothing else. We'll keep going over this, I'm not arguing, I only see what you guys don't see. You can't differentiate between character and gimmick. Any one can do a gimmick for fun, but no one can tell me that a gimmick creates long-term success for anybody. That person is completely and effortlessly capping.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:57pm On Apr 12, 2023
badinfluence:

answer this: If you can make people love you so much that they tune in to watch you win or hate you so much that they tune in to watch you lose, then why the hell do you need a gimmick? You get the difference now between a character and gimmick?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 11:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
ValeeLove:
yeah showmanship and gimmicks is what's helping MMA guys win fights. Listen, I told the previous guy his answer was going to be exactly similar with what you wrote if I asked him why some gimmicks didn't work. I wasn't wrong. If they are successful, it's the gimmick. If they aren't, it's the wrong gimmick. I'm not going to argue this. I'll only state the obvious. Cody left WWE strictly because of a gimmick - and prior to that he had already attempted more than 3. He went away to the Indies and NJPW (this one is less interested in gimmick than your average company) worked on his in-ring and character work (acting), went to AEW with the same thing, came back to WWE with the same thing and was still over in all those companies with little to no gimmick. He is today nothing more than a competitor. Sure he's a nightmare - catchphrase much -, wants to finish his dad's story - a real life situation, cannot be included as a fake wrestling story or gimmick either - and still gets to the main event of WrestleMania faster than the most gimmicked guy in WWE at the moment - Seth Rollins. Cody talks, acts and fights nothing less than a normal competitor that wants to win, nothing more, nothing else. We'll keep going over this, I'm not arguing, I only see what you guys don't see. You can't differentiate between character and gimmick. Any one can do a gimmick for fun, but no one can tell me that a gimmick creates long-term success for anybody. That person is completely and effortlessly capping.
Cody's wrestling character is his gimmick sir. Let me explain something about gimmicks, you either craft one based on your life experiences or you craft a totally different thing separate from who you are. At the end of the day, it's still a gimmick. You don't refer to a movie as real because it's based on a true life event, do you?
I don't know why you are finding difficult to accept that wrestling is built around gimmicks. Mark Callaway built a long term success on his undertaker gimmick, so that trumps that argument.
Hulk Hogan built success on a gimmick, Stone cold, the rock, ric flair, triple h, shawn michaels, john cena etc. Heck, Roman Reigns got over when he adopted this present gimmick, and it has made him the number 1 guy in pro wrestling atm. He swaggers to the ring and points his index finger up, and you know why everyone points theirs up too? Gimmick and not because of his in ring ability.
The same AEW claiming to be 'sports based' still use gimmicks.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by badinfluence: 11:48pm On Apr 12, 2023
ValeeLove:
answer this: If you can make people love you so much that they tune in to watch you win or hate you so much that they tune in to watch you lose, then why the hell do you need a gimmick? You get the difference now between a character and gimmick?
What you just described is a gimmick. The reason Dominik has nuclear level heat is because of his gimmick. Gimmick and character= same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2023
WWE NXT REVIEWS RECAPS AND REACTIONS

Now You’re Mine
Carmelo Hayes has his first opponent but it’s not the one he wants. Melo started the show with his sights set on one man: Bron Breakker. Melo made it clear that Bron didn’t pass him a torch; he took it. The people don’t want Bron as the number one guy anymore and the “Meeeelo” echoes throughout the Performance Center made their choice clear as crystal. Melo asked, no, he ordered Bron take the fourth spot in the number one contender match for the NXT championship.
Bron made his presence felt later but Melo found himself faced with three challengers immediately: Dragon Lee, JD McDonagh, and Grayson Waller. Keep reading and find out why Bron forfeited his spot but the important part is Duke Hudson took his spot.
I went through a couple configurations here. While Dragon Lee is incredible and presents a challenge for Melo, along with a lot of potential for dopeness, he’s a face. Duke, even with his inflated ego, is also face adjacent because everyone loves Chase U. That left JD and Grayson as the only viable options because Melo vs. a heel made more sense than putting the new number one good guy in the territory vs. another good guy for his first title defense makes no sense.
So how did everything play out?
The match itself truly delivered. JD and Dragon put on a show. That’s not a diss against Grayson and Hudson, but more a commentary on their styles. They work great together and outshine everyone else pretty easily. Duke is a meaty man and Grayson is a sneaky heel. They’re not flashy or even making an attempt.
That said, that actually played into the ending as well. While Dragon wowed everyone with an incredible Liger Bomb on Duke, but Grayson snuck in, dropped Dragon with an Ace Crusher, and pinned Duke for the W.
Grayson let everyone else do the hard work and he stole it in the end while acting like he won the championship that night. If there’s an Achilles Heel in his game, it’s that he always takes shortcuts. That alone makes him the perfect foe for Melo’s first feud while Bron does...other things.

B-Sides
Break Ups 2 Make Ups
First off, Fallon Henley, Kiana James, Alba Fyre, and Isla Dawn wrestled a fun opening match. They told a timeless story of two challengers slowly getting on the first page and seeing their possibilities. Alba & Isla dominated early but the challengers scared them once they worked together rather than working against one another.
However, they match rarely put the champs in jeopardy with close counts or anything like that to make me believe a title change might happen. Those elements add drama to title matches, but maybe this match had its own drama without that so they opted against it. And by drama, I mean Brooks Jensen’s absence.
Before the match, Kiana dropped the bomb that Brooks wants nothing to do with Fallon & Josh Briggs right now. But then they brought Brooks in during the third act and it felt kinda sloppy. For one, his truck pulled up to the Performance Center several minutes before he showed up ringside.
That timing begs the question: What did he do between showing up and getting to the ring? Because he ran out of the locker room like a bat out of a hell. Was he doing his taxes? It is that time of year.
And then once he got there, he went for Kiana’s bag and begged Fallon to use it after Fallon got the advantage during the match. Yes, it was still two vs. one, with Fallon in the ring and Kiana hurt outside the ring, but Fallon put both her opponents on the mat and had the momentum. And, of course, Brooks only made everything worse.
Brooks distracted Fallon, her opponents recovered, and they finished her off in the middle of the ring.
It does look like Briggs & Jensen are officially over as Brooks attacked his partner and walked out carrying Kiana. I’m into this soap opera, sue me.

Bad, Bad Man
Big Booty Nephew interrupted Chase U’s MVP ceremony because he’s disrespectful. I love it. Rather than come out at the top of the show and address Carmelo Hayes and the rest of Melo’s contenders, Bron picked this moment because he believes Chase U is beneath him.
He also gave Duke Hudson his spot in the number one contender’s match because he believes the NXT championship is a curse on his career. That’s interesting and I want some follow-up on that.
Oh and Duke is hilarious. After Bron pulled a sucker move and Speared Andre Chase, Duke looked left at the students, looked right at the MVP trophy. Looked left, then looked right. Looked left, and then darted right and bolted out the ring. He wanted no static with Bron and didn't even check on Andre. Fantastic.

The Watcher
Damon Kemp scouted Eddy Thorpe during Eddy’s match with Big Body Javi. Javi flexed a more serious approach but Eddy got the W. Curious whether Javi gets anywhere being more than comedic relief or if he becomes even more comedic relief now that he claims he’s more than comedic relief.
Thorpe still looks good and moves fluidly in the ring. I don’t think he needs Damon at all but we’ll see how this turns out.

D.T.D.
Tiffany Stratton and Sol Ruca look great in the ring together. Their varied backgrounds made this match look like a martial arts fight at times, a wrestling match at others, and a battle of wills all the way through. Some may not vibe with that, but it worked a lot for me. They work well together and I can see NXT going back to this well when Sol gets more experience under her belt.
Tiffany won, as she should, but Sol did well for herself.

Time’s Up
I wasn’t really feeling Cora Jade’s promo this week. Her “insults” didn’t sound nearly as insulting as her facial expressions conveyed, And she didn’t sound natural delivering anything. The segment picked up when Lyra Valkyria showed up and gave Cora a sparring partner. And then it really hit the next level once Cora slapped Lyra and things got physical.
I like Cora better when she’s showing how she’s the mean girl rather than telling us.

It’s Over
Ilja Dragunov defeated Von Wagner. Duh. Did anyone really think otherwise? Von gave Ilja some competition early on but it went from that to a drubbing pretty quickly. That means Mr. Stone and Wagner must now go their separate ways. Let’s shed a couple tears in their honor.
Dijak approached Dragunov afterwards and these two might get extremely physical and stiff with each other when the time comes. Dijak’s gimmick still irks me to no end but I like him in the ring quite a bit.

Black Coffee
Joe Coffey got extra physical with the debuting Tank Ledger. Tank looked good and loses nothing taking the L here. Gotta make Coffey look good, and he did.
BUT, the match wasn’t the point. This served as a prelude to a brawl between Gallus, the Dyad (still here!), and Diamond Mine. Next week, Gallus defends their titles against both teams in what I’m sure will reek of violence.

Another enjoyable two hours this week. We got more insight into Gigi’s story, a Roxanne Perez sighting, Pretty Deadly and the Family kept their beef cooking, and movement in the Woman’s division towards a contender for Indi Hartwell’s championship. Plus? They set the main event for Spring Breakin’, which goes down in two weeks. Wow, time flies. Let’s hope the next two weeks are on this same level or above it.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
Jeff Hardy returns to a packed venue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 10:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
badinfluence:

What you just described is a gimmick. The reason Dominik has nuclear level heat is because of his gimmick. Gimmick and character= same thing.
I really don't want to argue. I was just passing by.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by pu7pl3(m): 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
CoolUsername:
Jeff Hardy returns to a packed venue.

That one there was a violation 😪😭

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.