Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House - TV/Movies (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (289119 Views)

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread / Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 10:51pm On Jan 15
Gentlemen...

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 11:22am On Jan 17
Then, Now, forever
CoolUsername:
Gentlemen...

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 2:37pm On Jan 17
The Catalyst of Professional Wrestling.

Before there was Jay White, there was CM Punk. A man who didn't look the part, started from little Indy feds wrestling in bingo halls to becoming a stepping stone for big names who would emanate from promotions like Ring of Honour, to exploding in popularity in the biggest Sports Entertainment company in the world. A man who never took short cuts, had road blocks placed on his path, was looked down on, vilified and hated; all to later end up earning the respect of his peers, past and future stars of the business. Let's talk about the catalyst of professional wrestling.
CM Punk came into a hostile business, not favorable to his kind and made to look impossible to succeed in for someone with a background like him. But from the Indies, to Ring of Honour, to OVW, to ECW and then to the main roster of the WWE, CM Punk - while following Rowdy Piper - carved his path to success to be a multiple time World champion. His reign as the WWE champion is where the critical season in his career came. Punk was to go one on one with the company's favorite John Cena for the WWE championship at Punk's hometown in Chicago Illinois. Punk had never won the gold and seeing the direction of the championship match going unfavorable to him, he decided to have an "I don't care anymore" moment - it didn't matter to him because according to him he had decided to leave the company after the match. What he did would change the course of wrestling forever. It wasn't a 5 star match, it was a '5 star' promo. It was mic work. It was a shoot promo. Punk bared all his frustrations to the fans in front of a live camera. He talked down on the company for the descrepancies he had faced and gone through as a result of them. He talked down on the fans, multiple stars, and the boss. He dared mention old names of the company that no one else could have the guts to utter; from Paul Heyman to Brock Lesnar, the external wrestling companies weren't spared either. To top it up, he did it cross-legged on the entrance ramp, wearing a 'Stone Cold' T-shirt. And that point, Punk was the man, while Cena was in the ring recovering from a spear move to a table.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 3:12pm On Jan 17
ValeeLove:

Before there was Jay White, there was CM Punk. A man who didn't look the part, started from little Indy feds wrestling in bingo halls to becoming a stepping stone for big names who would emanate from promotions like Ring of Honour, to exploding in popularity in the biggest Sports Entertainment company in the world. A man who never took short cuts, had road blocks placed on his path, was looked down on, vilified and hated; all to later end up earning the respect of his peers, past and future stars of the business. Let's talk about the catalyst of professional wrestling.
CM Punk came into a hostile business, not favorable to his kind and made to look impossible to succeed in for someone with a background like him. But from the Indies, to Ring of Honour, to OVW, to ECW and then to the main roster of the WWE, CM Punk - while following Rowdy Piper - carved his path to success to be a multiple time World champion. His reign as the WWE champion is where the critical season in his career came. Punk was to go one on one with the company's favorite John Cena for the WWE championship at Punk's hometown in Chicago Illinois. Punk had never won the gold and seeing the direction of the championship match going unfavorable to him, he decided to have an "I don't care anymore" moment - it didn't matter to him because according to him he had decided to leave the company after the match. What he did would change the course of wrestling forever. It wasn't a 5 star match, it was a '5 star' promo. It was mic work. It was a shoot promo. Punk bared all his frustrations to the fans in front of a live camera. He talked down on the company for the descrepancies he had faced and gone through as a result of them. He talked down on the fans, multiple stars, and the boss. He dared mention old names of the company that no one else could have the guts to utter; from Paul Heyman to Brock Lesnar, the external wrestling companies weren't spared either. To top it up, he did it cross-legged on the entrance ramp, wearing a 'Stone Cold' T-shirt. And that point, Punk was the man, while Cena was in the ring recovering from a spear move to a table.

This seems interesting and I would like to see where it's going. However, I'm fairly certain that the pipebomb was a work. Yes, there was some bad blood but I don't believe Vince McMahon would've let a wrestler go off script so long on his live broadcast.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 3:05pm On Jan 18
CoolUsername:

This seems interesting and I would like to see where it's going. However, I'm fairly certain that the pipebomb was a work. Yes, there was some bad blood but I don't believe Vince McMahon would've let a wrestler go off script so long on his live broadcast.
anti spam bot wahala.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by ValeeLove(m): 3:09pm On Jan 18
ValeeLove:

After those few minutes Punk would become the most popular man in the whole of wrestling. He would go viral like never before and at the end seal his new found status by beating John Cena for the WWE title at Money In The Bank. After which he would walk out of the company (in Kayfabe). He would lose the title to win it again and have a legendary 424 days title run before losing it to The Rock. But in that time, Punk would beat big names in the company, break merch sales records, have a steady and consistent 'match of the night' recognition, reunite with Paul Heyman and introduce the whole world to The Shield. Punk would end up walking out of the company (in reality) later on due to backstage corperate issues. He's back anyway; but before that time, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns had become World champions, Ring Of Honour had created new stars, New Japan had Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho which catapulted their popularity to new heights among American fans, AEW was made and WWE was bigger than ever - and at the center of all these is one man, CM Punk. How?

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Gidah: 3:28pm On Jan 26
Yall not saying whatsup with McMahon sexual etuff
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by a4turitoroman: 9:26pm On Jan 27
Where is pu7pl3
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:08pm On Jan 28
I don't even know how to start arranging my thoughts and reactions to this year's Rumble
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:13pm On Jan 28
First off, congratulations to The Role Model, Bayley, for a well deserved win in the women's Rumble. She can keep acting like she's facing Mami but we all know where her Road to WrestleMania actually leads

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:29pm On Jan 28
Absolutely glad to have Naomi back. She should've been the #30 entrant though. But I, at least, appreciate the sentimentality of having bother her and Jimmy enter at #2.

Welcome back, Naomi.

Hunter, abeg push her properly this time.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:30pm On Jan 28
Jordynne Grace being a proper forbidden door entrant.
Also, that match with Bianca. Make it happen!!

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:34pm On Jan 28
Jade makes her in-ring debut. That Nia Jax elimination was crazy.

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:41pm On Jan 28
Back-to-back winner. They won't waste his win this time, right? RIGHT??

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:44pm On Jan 28
Bro really came back after 10 years just to lose to Dusty's kid 😭😭

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 9:45pm On Jan 28
Welcome back, Andrade

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 3:12pm On Jan 29
Give the cameraman who lined up this shot a massive bonus

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 5:49pm On Jan 29
Kaycee7:
Back-to-back winner. They won't waste his win this time, right? RIGHT??

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 5:53pm On Jan 29
This Vince McMahon lawsuit is wild. If true, what an absolute degenerate. I also can't believe Brock Lesnar was involved and trying to solicit piss videos from her
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 7:58am On Jan 30
Kaycee7:
Jordynne Grace being a proper forbidden door entrant.
Also, that match with Bianca. Make it happen!!

Jordynne Grace looked really good. An absolute powerhouse who is also athletic and just 27 years old. She definitely has a bright future in wrestling. Just fyi, you can get weekly TNA episodes and pay-per-view replays with a 750 naira per month YouTube membership. may just go for it

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 1:22am On Feb 04
Cody is definitely finishing his story, right? This is all just a work, right? The Bloodline attacks The Rock, injuring him. Them The Rock tells Cody to finish their story, right...........right?

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by samistry(m): 5:21am On Feb 04
I can't even make any sarcastic quips about this. I'm just disappointed.
CoolUsername:
Cody is definitely finishing his story, right? This is all just a work, right? The Bloodline attacks The Rock, injuring him. Them The Rock tells Cody to finish their story, right...........right?
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Debroslink: 11:41am On Feb 04
CoolUsername:

"I'm more CM Punk than you" ___ Cody Rhodes

Everything CM Punk said years ago is playing again right before our eyes.
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by Kaycee7(m): 12:01pm On Feb 04
samistry:
Like, what was the point of having him point to Roman after the Rumble win?
This whole situation is just very messy.

Only WWE can take something you were very excited to see and then turn it into a disappointment. Yes, we've been wanting Roman vs The Rock for a while now but not like this
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 3:10pm On Feb 04
Debroslink:

"I'm more CM Punk than you" ___ Cody Rhodes

Everything CM Punk said years ago is playing again right before our eyes.

Seth Rollins, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this because before I leave in 3 weeks with your WWE Championship, I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest.

I don’t hate you, Seth. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the back.

I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing Paul Levesque’s ass.

You’re as good as kissing Paul's ass as Adam Cole was. I don’t know if you’re as good as Dwayne though. He’s a pretty good ass kisser. Always was and still is.

Whoops! I’m breaking the fourth wall!

[Cody waves to the camera]

1 Like

Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 3:14pm On Feb 04
samistry:

This is how Shazam fans must have felt
Re: Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House by CoolUsername: 3:17pm On Feb 04
Kaycee7:
Like, what was the point of having him point to Roman after the Rumble win?
This whole situation is just very messy.

Only WWE can take something you were very excited to see and then turn it into a disappointment. Yes, we've been wanting Roman vs The Rock for a while now but not like this

They made Cody Rhodes look like an absolute cuck. He won two Rumbles back-to-back after talking about how he wanted to get his dad's belt back and finish the story for two years. Only to not main event Wrestlemania and give his spot to The Rock while looking like he was about to have a breakdown at any moment. This has to be a work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (Reply)

Cuando Seas Mia: 'When You Are Mine' / ARROW and THE FLASH fan page....... / Top 15 Nollywood Stars Who Have Passed Away In Recent Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.